~Kilza~ and the Mysterious Islands of Alola (First Time Ultra Moon Playthrough) (Complete!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonkenhi

you know how crows hop around?
Staff Emeritus
AKA
George
Time Zone
GMT
Hey nicely done! I saw you post that you beat the game in the Discord so it's pretty cool to read the full lowdown you posted as well.

I think there's a lot of things in USUM that come as a surprise if you're playing it blind- a Lv60 Ultra Necrozma being thrown in your direction being the biggest surprise of the lot, haha... with that and the Z-Moves I imagine if you were to Nuzlocke it, you'd have to plan pretty well and still have a bit of good fortune to get through the game unscathed!

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Followed along. Enjoyed reading someone's thoughts about Ultra without playing the original. Compiled a "quick" list of changes from Sun/Moon to Ultra, if curious. Includes main story spoilers not in Ultra.
- Added 101 to the region's Pokedex. Does not include 39 Ultra Wormhole Pokemon (counting evolutions) or its legendaries.
- Rotom Dex features beyond directions.
- Created the entire Fairy trial. Simply hands you the crystal before the Dragon trial in Sun/Moon.
- Totem stickers, Mantine Surfing (plus almost everything on the beaches), Photographs, and basically all of Ultra Space.
- Introduced more Pokémon-specific Z-crystals.
- Added the Ultra Recon Squad, Rainbow Rocket, and the Battle Agency.
- Battles Lusamine again instead of Ultra Necrozma. Features a +1 boost to a stat for each Pokemon. Recommends watching the scene and its lead-up at 13:39.
- Swapped out Hala for Molayne in the Elite Four. (Fought Molayne before the Electric Trial in Sun/Moon.) Switched the Champion too.
- Moved technical machines around. Example: Moved Scald from Brooklet Hill to Ancient Poni Path.

- Totem Pokemon. Either changed the main Pokemon, its allies, and/or its moveset.
Example: Sun/Moon Kommo-O: Level 45. Mental Herb. Clanging Scales, Sky Uppercut, Flash Cannon, Protect. Level 32 Scizor and 32 Hakamo-O partners.
Ultra Sun/Moon Kommo-O: Level 49. Roseli Berry (anti-Fairy). Drain Punch, Dragon Claw, Thunder Punch, Poison Jab. Level 46 Scizor and 48 Noivern partners.

- Dialogue differences here and there. Example: Water trial.

(Sun/Moon)
Lana: Hello. I'm Lana.
Lana: I serve as the captain of Brooklet Hill.
Lana: You look like an able-bodied Trainer. Could I ask for your help with something?
(Options: Sure! / Uh... Sure?)
(Uh... Sure? choice) Lana: Then follow me. This way, please.
(Walking)
Lana: See? Do you see that there?
Lana: Look at that vigorous splashing!
Lana: I wouldn't be surprised to find a fearsome Pokemon is the one causing it all...
Lana: So, brave trial-goer, I would like to ask you to investigate that splashing there and find out what exactly is causing it.
Lana: I won't ask you to swim out there, of course. I have a lovely gift for you instead.
(Get Lapras)
Lana: If you climb atop Lapras there, you will be able to travel over bodies of water.
Lana: That's right. You'll even be able to reach those splashes and see what is going on there.
(Battle)
Lana: Oh my...
Lana: So it was Wishiwashi kicking up all that water?
Lana: Even a little Wishiwashi can make such big waves...
*splash splash*
Lana: Oh me. What is that?
Lana: I can hear wild splashing from over there... It sounds even larger than what we just saw.
Lana: Is it a Pokemon? Is it a person?
Lana: I suppose we had better go check.
Lana: Look! There it is...
Lana: Ah... I'm sorry. What was your name?
Lana: ... ... ...
Lana: Of course! [name]! It is a lovely name. Just lovely.
Lana: Now look over there. Do you see that?
Lana: Whatever is kicking up such lovely splashes must be rather big...
Lana: A strapping young Swimmer, perhaps? Or an amazing Pokemon specimen?
(Battle)
Lana: Oh my.
Lana: So it was another Wishiwashi that was kicking up that water?
Lana: Hmm. How unfortunate. It was a strapping young Swimmer after all...
*splash splash splash splash*
Lana: Oh my word!
Lana: Now what is that? Even more furious splashing? It sounds as big as a Wailord.
Lana: It might just be another Pokemon, but...
Lana: Maybe, just maybe, we'll be lucky enough to find a spry young Swimmer floundering in the water and in need of saving!
Lana: Let's go investigate it, [name]!
(Walking)
Lana: Brooklet Hill...
Lana: Within it lies the Legendary Pokemon said to be the embodiment of the sea itself...the mighty Kyogre.
(Options: That's amazing! / Really?)
(Really? option) Lana: Oh dear... You won't be tricked easily, [name].
Lana: But we are near the sea.
Lana: If that splashing sound is coming from the sea...then I wonder what is causing it.
Lana: And now it is raining, as well. The rain will boost the power of any Water-type by half again.
Lana: Could those splashes be caused by some Pokemon whose moves are now growing ever stronger in the falling rain?
(Walking)
Lana: [name]...
Lana: You've come all this way with me...
(Trial Start)
Lana: That's right. Didn't you notice? You passed through the Captain's gate by my side. Which means that you will undergo my trial!
Lana: To clear my trial, you must defeat the great Totem Pokemon known as the lord of the ocean!
Lana: That spray of water you can see there! That is where you will probably find the totem.
Lana: And perhaps those Wishiwashi you battled against will also want their revenge...
Lana: Defeat whatever comes at you and prove your strength to me!
Lana: And remember that you cannot catch any Pokemon here unless you complete my trial.
Lana: So let the trial begin!
(Totem fight)
Lana: Very well done, [name]! Please come back this way.
Lana: I...I must say that I find myself at an impasse here.
Lana: All of the Wishiwashi that I so diligently trained up were defeated, and that is very frustrating...but of course, I cannot let your completion of my trial go uncelebrated, [name].
Lana: You were amazing, [name]. Truly impressive.
Lana: Please take this.
(Get Z-Crystal.)
Lana: You do know what this is, don't you?
Lana: Watch. This is how you use Waterium Z.
Lana: And that's not all I can offer you.
Lana: Here. This is a Lana original. One of my own handmade fishing rods.
Lana: [fishing explanation]
Lana: By the way...
Lana: Did you know I once reeled in a red Gyarados?
(Options: You did?! / Did you really?)
(Did you really?) Lana: Well, what do you think?
Lana: [Offers you take you back to Route 5.]

Ultra
Lana: Hello. I'm Lana.
Lana: I serve as the captain of Brooklet Hill.
Lana: So, trial-goer... Will you be attempting my trial?
(Options: Definitely! / Not yet)
(Definitely) (Trial Start)
Lana: Then I will explain the trial to you.
Lana: My particular trial is this...
Lana: I want you to herd the Pokemon found in the pools of Brooklet Hill, driving them downstream to draw out the Totem Pokemon.
Lana: If I might be so blunt, they are Wishiwashi. It's Wishiwashi I want you to herd.
Lana: But I won't expect you to swim through all the pools yourself. I have a lovely gift to help you.
(Get Lapras)
Lana: If you climb atop Lapras there, you will be able to travel over bodies of water.
Lana: Now you'll be able to help drive those Pokemon downstream for me!
Lana: So if you're ready... Please follow me this way.
(Walking)
Lana: So you made it...
Lana: Ah... I'm sorry. What was your name?
Lana: ... ... ...
Lana: Of course! [name]! It is a lovely name. Just lovely.
Lana: Now, then. Do you see those two splashes over there?
Lana: I am thinking that at least one of them might contain a Wishiwashi. In fact, it's likely both might. Don't you agree?
Lana: Would you try to drive them downstream with a little help from Lapras?
(Battle)
Lana: Well, this is a lovely surprise! You're quite the Trainer, [name]!
Lana: Please carry on driving the Wishiwashi downstream just like that.
(Battles and walking to Totem Den)
Lana: [name]! Look there! Yes, just over there!
Lana: It would seem we succeeded in drawing out the Totem Pokemon!
Lana: Strike against the totem with all your strength! And seize victory!
(Totem battle)
Lana: Very well done, [name]! Please come back this way.
Lana: What a very surprising surpise...
Lana: Who would have thought it?
Lana: That all those Wishiwashi gathering would have summoned an Araquanid, that is.
Lana: Heh heh... Even I was caught--hook, line, and sinker!
Lana: You were amazing, [name]. Truly impressive.
Lana: Please take this.
(Get Z-Crystal)
Lana: You do know what this is, don't you?
Lana: Watch. This is how you use Waterium Z.
Lana: And I have more than just that to offer you. Another token for clearing my trial...
Lana: Here. This is a Lana original. One of my own handmade fishing rods.
(Get Fishing Rod)
Lana: [fishing explanation]
Lana: By the way...
Lana: Did you know I once reeled in a red Gyarados?
(Options: You did?! / Did you really?)
(You did?!) Lana: Well, what do you think?
Lana: You did a fine job today.
Lana: [Offers you take you back to Route 5.]

Last edited:

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
@Deva - Hey, thanks for that! Pretty interesting to see the differences, that's for sure.

Update 10 (Episode RR):
So I took a break for Christmas Eve, but I am determined to go through this post-game! So rather than start any of the games I got and put off getting back into this game, I'm just going to go for it and keep on keeping on.

So I start in my room, as is Pokemon tradition after becoming the champion. Moving into the main room, Hau comes in, greets me, is fascinated by the family Meowth, then says there are some people waiting for me. And it turns out it's the weirdo Ultra Space duo. There's Ultra Beasts now, so hey, let's go take care of them!

Back on Poni Island, I'm finally able to access Poni Grove. Hau is waiting for me along with Wicke, who gives me a Type: Null :typenull: from Gladion along with the memory drives for its Silvally :silvally: evolution. Nice. Moving into Poni Grove proper, weirdo Ultra Space duo talks about the Ultra Beast Stakataka :stakataka: and gives me and Hau some Beast Balls for them. And immediately moments after, I run into Stakataka. I get its health down, lucky freeze it with Ice Beam and catch it with my first Beast Ball. Beast Balls have a pretty cool design, I will say. I guess there's another Stakataka, so I go and catch it as well. Though it knocks out Vasilevski so welp, some things never change.

So now that the Stakataka are out of the way, I'm dragged home. Next day, Sophocles shows up, and I guess some people who are represented by an "R" showed up and took over Festival Plaza. hmm, wonder who those people could be. We enter the castle, and surprise, it's Team Rainbow Rocket! So naturally I have to deal with them. But I can't use my own Pokemon. So now I'm forced into using the Battle Agency. I get to choose between Sceptile, Lucario and Alakazam. I don't really know what I'm doing, so I just go with Sceptile :sceptile:, and I get I also get a Komala :komala: and Clawitzer :clawitzer: to use. I just switch into Clawitzer :clawitzer: almost immediately and sweep the Rainbow Rocket grunt with it.

I'm sent back home, and there's a press conference from Aether Foundation talking about Necrozma and the Ultra Beasts and whatever else, but it's totally okay now because I saved the day!! Except an Ultra Wormhole appears and Team Rainbow Rocket shows up and starts taking over. whoops. And now I guess we're into Episode Rainbow Rocket. Oh boy. Lillie shows up and says she's heading over to Aether Paradise, so I guess that's the next place of business for me.

I fly over to Aether Paradise and meet up with Lillie and Wicke. They explain the situation, basically that Team Rainbow Rocket is now in the mansion and Lusamine has been taken captive. So, naturally, it's up to me to save the day.

I enjoy seeing Lillie take on a Pokemon grunt, while I take care of the other grunts easily on my way to the nicely redesigned mansion, now Team Rocket's Castle. At the front of the mansion, it turns out Faba's turned on the Aether Foundation and is basically helping Team Rainbow Rocket now because uh he's evil and selfish basically. So it's a double battle against Faba with Lillie as my partner, which is actually nice to see tbh. Luongo's able to handle it all on her own, as I first get through Faba's Pokemon before getting rid of the Aether employee's Pokemon.

Into Team Rocket's Castle proper and going through the bedroom, we're unable to go into the teleporter, so we head back out and end up ambushed by a couple of Rainbow Rocket grunts. However, good ol' ex-Team Skull leader Guzma shows up, and we easily deal with them. My Pokemon get healed up, and two new rooms open up. I decide to head down the left path first. After a quick grunt fight, I'm presented with more options, so I go down. There's a bunch more teleporters here, so I just wander around and fight as I go. Voracek faints thanks to Destiny Bond so welp.

Several teleporters later, I finally make it to some doors. After getting past the Rainbow Rocket grunts, I'm face to face with Archie, the leader of Team Aqua! My team heading in is, as always, Nurse :primarina: (Lv. 70), Vasilevski :vikavolt: (Lv. 70), Rantanen :mudsdale: (Lv. 70), Voracek :salazzle: (Lv. 70), Bear :bewear: (Lv. 70) and Luongo :tsareena: (Lv. 70)

Nurse :primarina: vs Mightyena :mightyena:

(Mightyena's Intimidate lowers Nurse's attack)
Turn 1 - Moonblast
(Mightyena faints)
(Nurse switched out for Rantanen)

Rantanen :mudsdale: vs Muk :muk:

Turn 2 - Earthquake
(Muk faints)
(Rantanen switched out for Vasilevski)

Vasilevski :vikavolt: vs Sharpedo :sharpedo:

Turn 3 - Thunderbolt / Liquidation
(Sharpedo faints)

Vasilevski :vikavolt: vs Crobat :crobat:

Turn 4 - Thunderbolt / Toxic
(Crobat faints)
(Vasilevski switched out for Luongo)

Luongo :tsareena: vs Kyogre :kyogre:

(Kyogre's Drizzle made it rain)
Turn 5 - Power Whip / Ice Beam
(Kyogre faints)

He has a god dang Kyogre!! I know this Archie is from a universe where his plans actually succeeded, but still, what?!? I imagine this will be the case for the rest of the team leaders moving forward. Anyways, he goes down easily, my team's pretty strong.

So that's one villain team leader down, and I think 5 to go (Giovanni, Maxie, Cyrus, Ghetsis, Lysandre). I go back through the left room, this time taking the upper teleporter where it splits. It turns out to be a dead end, so I get out, heal up and head through the right room. This time around, the teleporters lead to puzzle rooms which aren't too difficult to solve. I make my way through and now I'm face to face with Maxie, the leader of Team Magma! My team is at Lv. 71 across the board now

Rantanen :mudsdale: vs Mightyena :mightyena:

(Mightyena's Intimidate lowers Rantanen's attack)
Turn 1 - Flinched / Ice Fang
Turn 2 - Earthquake / Ice Fang
Turn 3 - Frozen / Ice Fang (freezes Rantanen)
Turn 4 - Full Restore / Ice Fang
Turn 5 - Earthquake / Ice Fang
Turn 6 - Earthquake / Full Restore
Turn 7 - Heavy Slam (Affection Crit) / Ice Fang (Affection Dodge)
(Mightyena faints)

Rantanen :mudsdale: vs Camerupt :camerupt:

Turn 8 - Earthquake / Flamethrower
Turn 9 - Earthquake
(Camerupt faints)

Turn 10 - Thunderbolt / Sludge Bomb
(Crobat faints)
(Vasilevski switched out for Rantanen)

Rantanen :mudsdale: vs Weezing :weezing:

Turn 11 - Heavy Slam / Pain Split
Turn 12 - Stomp / Pain Split
Turn 13 - Heavy Slam / Pain Split
Turn 14 - Heavy Slam / Pain Split
Turn 15 - Heavy Slam / Pain Split
Turn 16 - Heavy Slam (Affection Crit) / Pain Split
(Camerupt faints)

Nurse :primarina: vs Groudon :groudon:

(Groudon's Drought made it sunny)
Turn 17 - Sparkling Aria / Earthquake
Turn 18 - Switch out Nurse for Luongo / Solar Beam

Luongo :tsareena: vs Groudon :groudon:

Turn 19 - Power Whip / Flamethrower (Affection Dodge)
(Groudon faints)

Man, this was a lot tougher than Archie's fight. Rantanen definitely had a rough go at it. I shouldn't have brought her out vs Weezing but I legit forgot about levitate until the moment Weezing was brought out, welp. Definitely lucked out with the Flamethrower dodge at the end there.

So that's the second of the 6 villain team leaders down. The stairs open up and I head back to the main room. Guzma holds up some RR grunts who reveal how to open the mirror. Maxie and Archie also appear and get into an argument. They try to leave to settle their differences but they kinda just...disappear? No matter, on I go, this time taking the left stairs. This time I get puzzles with the tiles that move you around! Oh boy! They're actually pretty easy to get through. I make it to the end, and this time I get to face the leader of Team Galactic, Cyrus! Team's at Lv. 72.

Bear :bewear: vs Houndoom :houndoom:

Turn 1 - Fire Blast
(Bear faints)
(Nurse switched in)

Nurse :primarina: vs Houndoom :houndoom:

Turn 2 - Sparkling Aria / Sludge Bomb (poisons Nurse)
(Houndoom faints)
(Nurse expels the poison)

Nurse :primarina: vs Honchkrow :honchkrow:

Turn 3 - Ice Beam
(Honchkrow faints)

Nurse :primarina: vs Crobat :crobat:

Turn 4 - Ice Beam / Cross Poison (Affection Sturdy)
Turn 5 - Switch out Nurse for Vasilevski / Full Restore

Turn 6 - Revive on Bear / Cross Poison (Affection Dodge)
Turn 7 - Thunderbolt / Cross Poison
(Crobat faints)
(Vasilevski switched out for Voracek)

Voracek :salazzle: vs Weavile :weavile:

Turn 8 - Flamethrower
(Weavile faints)

Voracek :salazzle: vs Palkia :palkia:

Turn 9 - Sludge Bomb / Earth Power (Affection Sturdy)
Turn 10 - Switch out Voracek for Rantanen / Earth Power (Affection Dodge)

Rantanen :mudsdale: vs Palkia :palkia:

Turn 11 - Earthquake / Surf (Affection Sturdy)
Turn 12 - Switch out Rantanen for Luongo / Surf

Luongo :tsareena: vs Palkia :palkia:

Turn 13 - Power Whip (miss) / Spacial Rend
Turn 14 - Hyper Potion / Spacial Rend
Turn 15 - Max Potion / Spacial Rend
Turn 16 - X Sp. Def / Spacial Rend
Turn 17 - Hyper Potion / Spacial Rend
Turn 18 - Trop Kick / Earth Power
(Palkia faints)

Man, turn 1 OHKO from Houndoom. I was taken back by it, since I would not have expected that to happen at all. Before Palkia the fight was going well, but man, it definitely took me awhile to get Palkia down. Thank god for X items, the fact that they're +2 now instead of +1 makes a huge difference.

After the battle, Cyrus gives me the Galactic Key so I can active the machine on the wall. I head back to the main room, heal up, then head up the right stairs. This time around, the rooms contain Meowth statues that send you back to the start of the room when triggered. Of course, I can switch the position of the statue, which is the whole puzzle of these rooms. Anyways, I make it to the end, and now I get to face the leader of Team Flare, Lysandre! Rather than fight me, he makes me push one of two buttons. I push the red one. And, of course, now he fights me so I can't push the other button yet. Team's at Lv. 73

Bear :bewear: vs Mienshao :mienshao:

Turn 1 - Flinched / Fake Out
Turn 2 - Thrash / High Jump Kick
(Mienshao faints)
(Bear switched out for Nurse)

Nurse :primarina: vs Honchkrow :honchkrow:

Turn 3 - Moonblast / Psychic
(Honchkrow faints)

Nurse :primarina: vs Pyroar :pyroar:

Turn 4 - Sparkling Aria / Will-o-Wisp (Nurse burned)
(Pyroar faints)
(Nurse sheds its burn)
(Nurse switched out for Vasilevski)

Vasilevski :vikavolt: vs Gyarados :gyarados:

(Gyarados' Intimidate lowers Vasilevski's attack)
(Gyarados turns into Mega Gyarados :megagyarados:)
Turn 5 - Thunderbolt / Stone Edge
(Gyarados has like 1 HP left, god damnit)
Turn 6 - Switch Vasilevski out for Luongo / Full Restore

Luongo :tsareena: vs Mega Gyarados :megagyarados:

Turn 7 - Power Whip / Crunch
(Mega Gyarados faints)
(Luongo switched out for Nurse)

Nurse :primarina: vs Yveltal :yveltal:

Turn 8 - Moonblast / Oblivion Wing
Turn 9 - Max Potion / Oblivion Wing
Turn 10 - Moonblast / Oblivion Wing
(Yveltal faints)

Man, this was really easy compared to that fight against Cyrus, lol. Sucked that Vasilevski couldn't one shot his Gyarados, but otherwise this was pretty much smooth sailing for the most part.

With Lysandre defeated, I press the blue button. This activates the teleporter in the bedroom. Only two team leaders remain: Giovanni and Ghetsis. I try to take the teleporter, except Ghetsis, the leader of Team Plasma, appears from it. It's time for another battle! My team's at Lv. 74 this time.

Bear :bewear: vs Cofagrigus :cofagrigus:

Turn 1 - Shadow Claw (Affection Crit) / Power Split
(Bear's ability becomes Mummy)
Turn 2 - Shadow Claw / Full Restore
Turn 3 - Shadow Claw / Dark Pulse
Turn 4 - Shadow Claw
(Cofagrigus faints)

Bear :bewear: vs Bouffalant :bouffalant:

Turn 5 - Hammer Arm (misses) / Head Charge
Turn 6 - X Defense / Head Charge
Turn 7 - Hyper Potion / Head Charge
Turn 8 - Hammer Arm (Affection Crit)
(Bouffalant faints)
(Bear switched out for Nurse)

Nurse :primarina: vs Hydreigon :hydreigon:

Turn 9 - Moonblast / Hyper Voice
(Hydreigon faints)
(Nurse switched out for Voracek)

Voracek :salazzle: vs Bisharp :bisharp:

Turn 10 - Flamethrower
(Bisharp faints)
(Voracek switched out for Nurse)

Nurse :primarina: vs Reshiram :reshiram:

Turn 11 - Moonblast / Blue Flare
Turn 12 - Hyper Potion / Zen Headbutt
Turn 13 - Flinched / Zen Headbutt
Turn 14 - Sparkling Aria / Zen Headbutt
Turn 15 - Max Potion / Full Restore
Turn 16 - Moonblast / Zen Headbutt
Turn 17 - Ice Beam / Zen Headbutt
Turn 18 - Moonblast / Zen Headbutt
(Reshiram faints)

So that went fairly well. Bear had a bit of trouble but still held her own against Cofagrigus and Bouffalant. Reshiram wasn't too bad, just took awhile to get its health down.

Ghetsis gets salty that he was defeated and ends up knocking Lillie over. He wants me to throw away my Poke Balls, which I refuse to. Colress comes in out of nowhere and gets Lillie out of harm's way. Then Colress just makes Ghetsis disappear into his original world like Archie and Maxie did, dang. I heal my Pokemon again, and then finally head up the teleporter. Finally, it is time to go head to head against Giovanni, the leader of Team Rainbow Rocket. He wants to use the Ultra Beasts to conquer the world, and of course we can't let that happen! ...but he offers me a chance to be a part of Rainbow Rocket. uh, hell yeah, please let me in. But he thinks I'm joking, nooooo.

Rantanen :mudsdale: vs Dugtrio :dugtrio:

Turn 1 - Earthquake / Sandstorm
(Dugtrio faints)

Rantanen :mudsdale: vs Nidoking :nidoking:

Turn 2 - Earthquake / Aqua Tail
(Nidoking faints)

Rantanen :mudsdale: vs Nidoqueen :nidoqueen:

Turn 3 - Earthquake / Surf
(Nidoqueen faints)

Rantanen :mudsdale: vs Rhyperior :rhyperior:

Turn 4 - Max Potion / Earthquake
Turn 5 - Earthquake / Earthquake (Affection Dodge)
Turn 6 - Stomp / Earthquake
Turn 7 - Earthquake / Earthquake
Turn 8 - X Attack / Full Restore
(Sandstorm subsides)
Turn 9 - Earthquake / Earthquake
Turn 10 - Earthquake / Full Restore
Turn 11 - X Attack / Earthquake
Turn 12 - Earthquake
(Rhyperior faints)

Rantanen :mudsdale: vs Mewtwo :mewtwo:

(Mewtwo mega evolves into Mega Mewtwo Y :megamewtwoy:)
Turn 13 - n/a / Ice Beam
(Rantanen faints)
(Vasilevski switched in)

Vasilevski :vikavolt: vs Mega Mewtwo Y :megamewtwoy:

Turn 14 - Bug Buzz / Psystrike
Turn 15 - Agility / Psychic (Affection Dodge) (lmao what did I do here)
Turn 16 - n/a / Psystrike
(Vasilevski faints)
(Luongo switched in)

Luongo :tsareena: vs Mega Mewtwo Y :megamewtwoy:

Turn 17 - Trop Kick / Ice Beam
(Mega Mewtwo Y faints)

Damn, Rantanen was kicking ass here for the most part. Rhyperior gave her a bit of trouble, but she handled it well. Unfortunately, Mewtwo decided things were going too well, so welp. At least Mewtwo wasn't too bad to take care of. I messed up Turn 15 badly, though. Could've ended it there, but I thought he was going to use a Full Restore (forgetting that he only has 2). So that was an unnecessary faint to Vasilevski there. Otherwise it was a solid final fight.

With Giovanni defeated, he decides to pull Team Rainbow Rocket out of Aether Paradise, and just like that Aether Paradise is back to normal! Lusamine finally wakes up, Faba gets his comeuppance and is demoted to intern. And as a reward, Wicke gives me...55 big nuggets? jeez, that's a lot. And just like that, that's the end of Episode RR!

So I'll do a quick run down. That was short but enjoyable. Nice to see all these villain team leaders from the different games I've played. Glad they retained their characterization from those games. Also interesting to see the legendaries they used. Despite the fact my team was still several levels higher than their teams, they still managed to give me a challenge at times. Definitely a nice addition to the game, since I know this was one of the big additions to USUM.

With that out of the way, well, it's time to start exploring! First I go back to Konikoni City and pick up a bunch of fossils (Plume Fossil, Armor Fossil, Dome Fossil, Root Fossil, Sail Fossil). I head back to Route 8, where the Fossil Restoration Center lies. I get all fossils turned back into Pokemon: Kabuto :kabuto: from the Dome Fossil, Lileep :lileep: from the Root Fossil, Shieldon :shieldon: from the Armor Fossil, Amaura :amaura: from the Sail Fossil and of course my favorite Archen :archen: from the Plume Fossil, which is given the legacy name Kilzpteryx. Kilzpteryx gets to have some time in my team while I explore around. Jangmo-o also gets some time due to being able to learn False Swipe, and since they'll be spending some time in my party they get a nickname: Svechnikov!

Going back to where I more or less began this update, Poni Grove, and just explore. I quickly go through Poni Plains and choose not to explore it yet, instead heading for Poni Meadow. Except I get stopped by the XY duo Sina and Dexio, who offer me up a fight, which I dominate because my team's pretty overleveled now. Upon defeating Dexio, I'm given the Key Stone and Alakazite, which is nice.

So going through Poni Meadow, I end up encountering the actor Meredith, who I've run into a few times during this playthrough. Upon beating her this time I get the Swords Dance TM, which is really nice. Just a bit further down from her I get the Overheat TM. Heading into Resolution Cave, I manage to get the Earthquake TM. I also manage to stumble across Zygarde :zygarde:, but I won't face it yet. I decide to just leave for now, since I am rushing through this, which wasn’t exactly my plan for today, lol, but no matter.

Anyways, one last thing for today. On Route 2, there is a house. Although undocumented, way earlier in the playthrough I went into it and there was a man talking about how his son beat him in a Pokemon battle and whatever. Turns out this is Guzma's house, which is something I already knew coming in. I guess Guzma came back after disbanding Team Skull, so after talking with his mom I get the Swagger TM. That's definitely interesting, to say the least.

That'll do it. So Rainbow Rocket is done. All that's left is to explore a bit, as well as catch the Tapu's and Ultra Beast's. Almost done with this game.

New Pokemon Encountered:
Poni Island:
Stakataka :stakataka: (Poni Grove encounter)
Mienshao :mienshao: (Poni Grove battle)
Espeon :espeon: (Poni Plains battle)

Team Rocket's Castle:
Electrode :electrode: (encounter)
Mightyena :mightyena: (battle)
Kyogre :kyogre: (battle)
Camerupt :camerupt: (battle)
Weezing :weezing: (battle)
Groudon :groudon: (battle)
Palkia :palkia: (battle)
Yveltal :yveltal: (battle)
Cofagrigus :cofagrigus: (battle)
Bouffalant :bouffalant: (battle)
Hydreigon :hydreigon: (battle)
Reshiram :reshiram: (battle)
Nidoking :nidoking: (battle)
Nidoqueen :nidoqueen: (battle)
Rhyperior :rhyperior: (battle)
Mewtwo :mewtwo: (battle)

New Pokemon Gotten:
Poni Island:
Type: Null :typenull: (Ancient Poni Path, Lv. 60)
Stakataka :stakataka: (Poni Grove, Lv. 60)

Aether Paradise:
Electrode :electrode: (Team Rocket's Castle, Lv. 60)

Akala Island:
Kabuto :kabuto: (Route 8, Lv. 15)
Lileep :lileep: (Route 8, Lv. 15)
Shieldon :shieldon: (Route 8, Lv. 15)
Amaura :amaura: (Route 8, Lv. 15)
Kilzpteryx :archen: (Route 8, Lv. 15)

Pokemon Evolved:
Jangmo-o -> Hakamo-o :hakamoo: (Poni Plains)
Hakamo-o -> Kommo-o :kommoo: (Poni Meadow)

Stats:
Playtime: 56:27
Alolan Pokemon Seen: 318
Pokemon Gotten: 151
Pokemon Fainted: 55
Z Crystals Obtained: 22

Party:
Main:
:primarina: Nurse (M)
Lv. 76 / Item: Primarium Z
Nature: Relaxed / Ability: Torrent / Characteristic: Good perseverance
Ice Beam, Sparkling Aria, Psychic, Moonblast

:vikavolt: Vasilevski (F)
Lv. 76 / Item: Buginium Z
Nature: Serious / Ability: Levitate / Characteristic: Highly curious
Agility, Bug Buzz, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave

:mudsdale: Rantanen (F)
Lv. 76 / Item: Leftovers
Nature: Modest / Ability: Stamina / Characteristic: A little quick tempered
High Horsepower, Stomp, Heavy Slam, Earthquake

:salazzle: Voracek (F)
Lv. 76 / Item: Focus Band
Nature: Bashful / Ability: Corrosion / Characteristic: Good endurance
Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Sludge Bomb, Toxic

:bewear: Bear (F)
Lv. 75 / Item: Muscle Band
Nature: Impish / Ability: Fluffy / Characteristic: Loves to eat
Thrash, Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, Hammer Arm

:tsareena: Luongo (F)
Lv. 75 / Item: Rose Incense
Nature: Sassy / Ability: Queenly Majesty / Characteristic: Loves to eat
Stomp, Power Whip, Teeter Dance, Trop Kick

Boxed Pokemon:
Box 1:
:lopunny: Lopunny
Lv. 21

:slowpoke: Slowpoke
Lv. 4

:miltank: Miltank
Lv. 14

:inkay: Inkay
Lv. 7

:magnemite: Magnemite
Lv. 8

:alolanmuk: Alolan Muk
Lv. 38

:butterfree: Butterfree
Lv. 10

:zorua: Zorua
Lv. 8

:mimejr: Mime Jr.
Lv. 9

:furfrou: Furfrou
Lv. 6

:arbok: Arbok
Lv. 22

:drifblim: Drifblim
Lv. 30

:gastly: Gastly
Lv. 8

:psyduck: Psyduck
Lv. 9

:zubat: Zubat
Lv. 6

:drowzee: Drowzee
Lv. 11

:hariyama: Hariyama
Lv. 25

:crabrawler: Crabrawler
Lv. 29

:growlithe: Growlithe
Lv. 9

:spearow: Spearow
Lv. 17

:flabebe: Flabebe
Lv. 11

:cutiefly: Cutiefly
Lv. 11

:mankey: Mankey
Lv. 12

:hawlucha: Hawlucha
Lv. 10

:oricorio: Oricorio
Lv. 10

:smoochum: Smoochum
Lv. 10

:bonsly: Bonsly
Lv. 12

:rockruff: Rockruff
Lv. 30

:alolanrattata: Alolan Rattata
Lv. 14

:munchlax: Munchlax
Lv. 14

Box 2:
:noibat: Noibat
Lv. 9

:mawile: Mawile
Lv. 14

:machop: Machop
Lv. 13

:carbink: Carbink
Lv. 13

:spinda: Spinda
Lv. 13

:roggenrola: Roggenrola
Lv. 11

:alolanraticate: Totem Alolan Raticate
Lv. 20

:lillipup: Lillipup
Lv. 11

:igglybuff: Igglybuff
Lv. 14

:alolanpersian: Alolan Persian
Lv. 20

:pikachu: Pikachu
Lv. 21

:toucannon: Toucannon
Lv. 28

:fomantis: Fomantis
Lv. 15

:poliwag: Poliwag
Lv. 17

:magikarp: Magikarp
Lv. 10

:goldeen: Goldeen
Lv. 12

:masquerain: Masquerain
Lv. 22

:morelull: Morelull
Lv. 15

:alolandugtrio: Alolan Dugtrio
Lv. 27

:fletchling: Fletchling
Lv. 18

:cubone: Cubone
Lv. 19

:magby: Magby
Lv. 18

:kecleon: Kecleon
Lv. 20

:wishiwashi: Wishiwashi
Lv. 18

:pelipper: Pelipper
Lv. 25

:oranguru: Oranguru
Lv. 22

:gumshoos: Gumshoos
Lv. 25

:eevee: Eevee
Lv. 1

:paras: Paras
Lv. 21

:larvitar: Larvitar
Lv. 22

Box 3:
:ditto: Ditto
Lv. 29

:pinsir: Pinsir
Lv. 21

:noctowl: Noctowl
Lv. 20

:phantump: Phantump
Lv. 23

:staryu: Staryu
Lv. 23

:araquanid: Totem Araquanid
Lv. 25

:petilil: Petilil
Lv. 25

:poliwhirl: Poliwhirl
Lv. 28

:ledian: Ledian
Lv. 27

:trubbish: Trubbish
Lv. 25

:fearow: Fearow
Lv. 27

:skarmory: Skarmory
Lv. 29

:elgyem: Elgyem
Lv. 28

:elekid: Elekid
Lv. 28

:metang: Metang
Lv. 29

:minior: Minior
Lv. 28

:salazzle: Totem Salazzle
Lv. 30

:komala: Komala
Lv. 26

:pancham: Pancham
Lv. 26

:manectric: Manectric
Lv. 29

:alolansandshrew: Alolan Sandshrew
Lv. 33

:absol: Absol
Lv. 32

:frillish: Frillish
Lv. 34

:snorunt: Snorunt
Lv. 33

:haunter: Haunter
Lv. 32

:klefki: Klefki
Lv. 33

:golbat: Golbat
Lv. 34

:tentacruel: Tentacruel
Lv. 33

:finneon: Finneon
Lv. 33

:sandygast: Sandygast
Lv. 30

Box 4:
:scraggy: Scraggy
Lv. 34

:floette: Floette
Lv. 34

:ariados: Ariados
Lv. 36

:aerodactyl: Aerodactyl
Lv. 40

:wailmer: Wailmer
Lv. 18

:togedemaru: Totem Togedemaru
Lv. 35

:pikachu: Pikachu (w/ Surf)
Lv. 40

:granbull: Granbull
Lv. 42

:exeggcute: Exeggute
Lv. 45

:tropius: Tropius
Lv. 42

:alolanexeggutor: Alolan Exeggutor
Lv. 42

:gastrodon: Gastrodon
Lv. 42

:boldore: Boldore
Lv. 45

:machoke: Machoke
Lv. 44

:lycanroc: Lycanroc
Lv. 42

:mienfoo: Mienfoo
Lv. 44

:kommoo: Svechnikov
Lv. 48

:quagsire: Quagsire
Lv. 60

:drapion: Drapion
Lv. 60

:poipole: Poipole
Lv. 40

:mimikyu: Totem Mimikyu
Lv. 40

:lunala: Nebby
Lv. 60

:drampa: Drampa
Lv. 47

:glalie: Glalie
Lv. 50

:necrozma: Blinding One
Lv. 65

:typenull: Type: Null
Lv. 60

:stakataka: Stakataka
Lv. 60

Lv. 60

:electrode: Electrode
Lv. 60

:kabuto: Kabuto
Lv. 15

Box 5:
:lileep: Lileep
Lv. 15

:shieldon: Shieldon
Lv. 15

:amaura: Amaura
Lv. 15

:archen: Kilzpteryx
Lv. 33

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Update 11 (Catching the Tapu’s):
Alright, so time to catch 9 million Pokemon today! Can I catch them all and have this be the final update? Who knows!

So I start off with fusing Nebby :lunala: and Blinding One :necrozma: into Dawn Wings Necrozma :necrozmadawn:. This will become important later on. I also head to Heahea City so I can switch the Ultra Space Ride controls from gyroscope to circle pad, because man that'll make it a whole lot easier for me, even if my circle pad isn’t perfect. I go through the Ultra Wormhole into Ultra Space and get a Barbaracle :barbaracle:, but I abandon Ultra Space for now.

So there'll be a lot of moving around. I head back to Professor Kukui's lab, hear Kukui and Lillie talk about Z moves, agree to have Lillie be a partner with me at the Battle Tree (whatever that is), and also get a Lucky Egg from Kukui, which would've been nice to have forever ago, lol. While I'm here, I'm going to explore the Melemele Sea now that I can. I run into several trainers who are way underleveled for my team, lol. I do pick up a Tentacool :tentacool: and get the Explosion TM. Going back through Seaward Cave, I catch a Delibird :delibird: and pick up the Frost Breath TM. Actually exploring Kala'e Bay for the first time, I get the Roar TM and catch a Mantyke :mantyke:.

Having gone through the unexplored areas, I now head to the Ruins of Conflict and try to catch Tapu Koko :tapukoko:. I manage to get it down to 1 HP with a combination of Vasilevski, Blinding One and Svechnikov, then start throwing balls. Of course, it has a low catch rate, I can't paralyze it, and I have no way of throwing sleep on it, so it takes awhile and a lot of balls, but finally I catch it in one of the Dusk Balls I had. It must have taken like 20-30 balls combined between the Ultra and Dusk balls. Anyways, one Tapu down, 3 to go. I also get the Tapunium Z crystal out of it, woo.

I move onto Akala Island. In Heahea City, I pick up 28 more Ultra Balls and also buy the Light Screen, Protect, Safeguard, Reflect and Aurora Veil TMs since I have the money for them. I then go to Paniola Town and pick up 29 Timer Balls, then to Route 8 to pick up 28 Dusk Balls. Then I head straight for the Ruins of Life for Tapu #2. I easily figure out the strength puzzle, and go to work against Tapu Lele :tapulele:. I'm actually able to paralyze it this time with Vasilevski, then I slowly chip away at its health with Blinding One and Svechnikov until its at 1 HP again. Svechnikov faints, which is unfortunate, but I revive her then get to work throwing these balls again. Actually counting this time, it takes 7 balls (2 Dusk, 5 Ultra) to catch it. A lot quicker than Tapu Koko, lol.

I then head to Ula'ula Island, landing in Tapu Village to replenish my supplies of Ultra Balls, Hyper Potions, Max Potions and Super Repels. I go through Route 13, seeing Guzma, Plumeria and some Team Skull grunts along the way. Now, I finally go through Haina Desert for the first time in my playthrough. I manage to get a Gabite :gabite: through an SOS battle, though Svechnikov faints so rip. I also get a Krokorok :krokorok: and Trapinch :trapinch: and Dream Eater TM. I also finally get the Psychium Z crystal, so hooray, I finally have all type crystals!

So I enter the Ruins of Abundance, easily get through the strength puzzle, and I am now face to face with Tapu Bulu :tapubulu:. Vasilevski paralyzes it, Blinding One and Svechnikov combine to get its HP down to 1, as always. Then I start throwing balls. This time it takes 9 Ultra Balls to capture. Only one Tapu left to capture!

Before heading to the last island, I go back to Po Town and buy the Skull Tank and Team Skull Cap and switch into them. Now this is true style, yo!

Anyways, I head to Poni Island, going into Seafolk Village to stock up on Ultra Balls again, as well as get the Blizzard, Hyper Beam, Solar Beam, Thunder, Sludge Wave, Fire Blast, Focus Blast, Giga Impact and Stone Edge TMs, then head for the Ruins of Hope. The puzzle has already been solved, I go through and encounter Tapu Fini :tapufini:. I can't paralyze with Vasilevski yet thanks to Misty Terrain, so I just wait it out then paralyze it. Unfortunately, it uses Aqua Ring so now it's restoring some health, so I can't get it to stay at 1 HP, welp. I decide to play a long game, using X items on Svechnikov so it can stay out there and actually get its health down to 1 HP, then start throwing balls and continuing to use False Swipe when its health gets too high. It takes a lot of turns and 15 balls (5 Ultra, 10 Timer), but I finally catch it. That's all Tapu's captured!

So next up, I go back to the Ultra Wormhole. I am able to travel to the reverse world thanks to having Dawn Wings Necrozma (aka Blinding One) in my party. I head to the Lake of the Moone, splitting apart Blinding One and Nebby. A cutscene plays out, and hey, there's another Cosmog :cosmog:! I name it Nebby 2.0, and get a Solganium Z crystal from it. Neat. With that done I fuse Nebby and Blinding One back together and get out of the reverse world. I go through Ultra Space again, picking up a Sigilyph :sigilyph: this time, though Svechnikov faints so rip.

So I was going to go through Poni Grove and the connecting area again, but then things came up and by the time I got back to the game I had a headache so rip, that’s why I’m posting this update now instead of yesterday when I normally would’ve. So catching the Ultra Beasts, exploring the rest of Poni Island and getting the rest of the Totem Stickers (something I forgot about doing tbh) will have to wait.

New Pokemon Encountered:
Ultra Space:
Barbaracle :barbaracle: (Ultra Space Wilds)
Sigilyph :sigilyph: (Ultra Space Wilds)

Melemele Island:
Corsola :corsola: (Melemele Sea battle)
Luvdisc :luvdisc: (Melemele Sea battle)
Mantyke :mantyke: (Kala'e Bay encounter)
Tapu Koko :tapukoko: (Ruins of Conflict battle)

Akala Island:
Tapu Lele :tapulele: (Ruins of Life battle)

Ula'ula Island:
Trapinch :trapinch: (Haina Desert encounter)
Tapu Bulu :tapubulu: (Ruins of Abundance encounter)

New Pokemon Gotten:
Ultra Space:
Barbaracle :barbaracle: (Ultra Space Wilds, Lv. 60)
Sigilyph :sigilyph: (Ultra Space Wilds, Lv. 60)

Melemele Island:
Tentacool :tentacool: (Melemele Sea, Lv. 17)
Delibird :delibird: (Seaward Cave, Lv. 10)
Mantyke :mantyke: (Kala'e Bay, Lv. 16)
Tapu Koko :tapukoko: (Ruins of Conflict, Lv. 60)

Akala Island:
Tapu Lele :tapulele: (Ruins of Life, Lv. 60)

Ula'ula Island:
Gabite :gabite: (Haina Desert, Lv. 34)
Krokorok :krokorok: (Haina Desert, Lv. 34)
Trapinch :trapinch: (Haina Desert, Lv. 35)
Tapu Bulu :tapubulu: (Ruins of Abundance, Lv. 60)
Nebby 2.0 :cosmog: (Lake of the Moone, Lv. 5)

Poni Island:
Tapu Fini :tapufini: (Ruins of Hope, Lv. 60)

Pokemon Evolved:
Archen -> Archeops :archeops: (Ruins of Abundance)

Stats:
Playtime: 59:28
Alolan Pokemon Seen: 328
Pokemon Gotten: 163
Pokemon Fainted: 58
Z Crystals Obtained: 25

Party:
Main:
:vikavolt: Vasilevski (F)
Lv. 77 / Item: Buginium Z
Nature: Serious / Ability: Levitate / Characteristic: Highly curious
Agility, Bug Buzz, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave

:bewear: Bear (F)
Lv. 76 / Item: Muscle Band
Nature: Impish / Ability: Fluffy / Characteristic: Loves to eat
Thrash, Dragon Claw, Shadow Claw, Hammer Arm

:tsareena: Luongo (F)
Lv. 75 / Item: Rose Incense
Nature: Sassy / Ability: Queenly Majesty / Characteristic: Loves to eat
Stomp, Power Whip, Teeter Dance, Trop Kick

Secondaries:
:kommoo: Svechnikov (F)
Lv. 51 / Item: Lucky Egg
Nature: Naive / Ability: Bulletproof / Characteristic: Proud of its power
False Swipe, Sky Uppercut, Clanging Scales, Noble Roar

:necrozmadawn: Blinding One
Lv. 65 / Item: Ultranecrozium Z
Nature: Quiet / Ability: Prism Armor / Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Photon Geyser, Power Gem, Night Slash, Moongeist Beam

:archeops: Kilzpteryx
Lv. 38
Nature: Naive / Ability: Defeatist / Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Crunch, Double Team, Ancient Power, Acrobatics

Boxed Pokemon:
Box 1:
:lopunny: Lopunny
Lv. 21

:slowpoke: Slowpoke
Lv. 4

:miltank: Miltank
Lv. 14

:inkay: Inkay
Lv. 7

:magnemite: Magnemite
Lv. 8

:alolanmuk: Alolan Muk
Lv. 38

:butterfree: Butterfree
Lv. 10

:zorua: Zorua
Lv. 8

:mimejr: Mime Jr.
Lv. 9

:furfrou: Furfrou
Lv. 6

:arbok: Arbok
Lv. 22

:drifblim: Drifblim
Lv. 30

:gastly: Gastly
Lv. 8

:psyduck: Psyduck
Lv. 9

:zubat: Zubat
Lv. 6

:drowzee: Drowzee
Lv. 11

:hariyama: Hariyama
Lv. 25

:crabrawler: Crabrawler
Lv. 29

:growlithe: Growlithe
Lv. 9

:spearow: Spearow
Lv. 17

:flabebe: Flabebe
Lv. 11

:cutiefly: Cutiefly
Lv. 11

:mankey: Mankey
Lv. 12

:hawlucha: Hawlucha
Lv. 10

:oricorio: Oricorio
Lv. 10

:smoochum: Smoochum
Lv. 10

:bonsly: Bonsly
Lv. 12

:rockruff: Rockruff
Lv. 30

:alolanrattata: Alolan Rattata
Lv. 14

:munchlax: Munchlax
Lv. 14

Box 2:
:noibat: Noibat
Lv. 9

:mawile: Mawile
Lv. 14

:machop: Machop
Lv. 13

:carbink: Carbink
Lv. 13

:spinda: Spinda
Lv. 13

:roggenrola: Roggenrola
Lv. 11

:alolanraticate: Totem Alolan Raticate
Lv. 20

:lillipup: Lillipup
Lv. 11

:igglybuff: Igglybuff
Lv. 14

:alolanpersian: Alolan Persian
Lv. 20

:pikachu: Pikachu
Lv. 21

:toucannon: Toucannon
Lv. 28

:fomantis: Fomantis
Lv. 15

:poliwag: Poliwag
Lv. 17

:magikarp: Magikarp
Lv. 10

:goldeen: Goldeen
Lv. 12

:masquerain: Masquerain
Lv. 22

:morelull: Morelull
Lv. 15

:alolandugtrio: Alolan Dugtrio
Lv. 27

:fletchling: Fletchling
Lv. 18

:cubone: Cubone
Lv. 19

:magby: Magby
Lv. 18

:kecleon: Kecleon
Lv. 20

:wishiwashi: Wishiwashi
Lv. 18

:pelipper: Pelipper
Lv. 25

:oranguru: Oranguru
Lv. 22

:gumshoos: Gumshoos
Lv. 25

:eevee: Eevee
Lv. 1

:paras: Paras
Lv. 21

:larvitar: Larvitar
Lv. 22

Box 3:
:ditto: Ditto
Lv. 29

:pinsir: Pinsir
Lv. 21

:noctowl: Noctowl
Lv. 20

:phantump: Phantump
Lv. 23

:staryu: Staryu
Lv. 23

:araquanid: Totem Araquanid
Lv. 25

:petilil: Petilil
Lv. 25

:poliwhirl: Poliwhirl
Lv. 28

:ledian: Ledian
Lv. 27

:trubbish: Trubbish
Lv. 25

:fearow: Fearow
Lv. 27

:skarmory: Skarmory
Lv. 29

:elgyem: Elgyem
Lv. 28

:elekid: Elekid
Lv. 28

:metang: Metang
Lv. 29

:minior: Minior
Lv. 28

:salazzle: Totem Salazzle
Lv. 30

:komala: Komala
Lv. 26

:pancham: Pancham
Lv. 26

:manectric: Manectric
Lv. 29

:alolansandshrew: Alolan Sandshrew
Lv. 33

:absol: Absol
Lv. 32

:frillish: Frillish
Lv. 34

:snorunt: Snorunt
Lv. 33

:haunter: Haunter
Lv. 32

:klefki: Klefki
Lv. 33

:golbat: Golbat
Lv. 34

:tentacruel: Tentacruel
Lv. 33

:finneon: Finneon
Lv. 33

:sandygast: Sandygast
Lv. 30

Box 4:
:scraggy: Scraggy
Lv. 34

:floette: Floette
Lv. 34

:ariados: Ariados
Lv. 36

:aerodactyl: Aerodactyl
Lv. 40

:wailmer: Wailmer
Lv. 18

:togedemaru: Totem Togedemaru
Lv. 35

:pikachu: Pikachu (w/ Surf)
Lv. 40

:granbull: Granbull
Lv. 42

:exeggcute: Exeggute
Lv. 45

:tropius: Tropius
Lv. 42

:alolanexeggutor: Alolan Exeggutor
Lv. 42

:gastrodon: Gastrodon
Lv. 42

:boldore: Boldore
Lv. 45

:machoke: Machoke
Lv. 44

:lycanroc: Lycanroc
Lv. 42

:mienfoo: Mienfoo
Lv. 44

:quagsire: Quagsire
Lv. 60

:drapion: Drapion
Lv. 60

:poipole: Poipole
Lv. 40

:mimikyu: Totem Mimikyu
Lv. 40

:drampa: Drampa
Lv. 47

:glalie: Glalie
Lv. 50

:typenull: Type: Null
Lv. 60

Lv. 60

Lv. 60

:electrode: Electrode
Lv. 60

:kabuto: Kabuto
Lv. 15

Box 5:
:lileep: Lileep
Lv. 15

:shieldon: Shieldon
Lv. 15

:amaura: Amaura
Lv. 15

:tentacool: Tentacool
Lv. 17

:barbaracle: Barbaracle
Lv. 60

:delibird: Delibird
Lv. 10

:mantyke: Mantyke
Lv. 16

:tapukoko: Tapu Koko
Lv. 60

:tapulele: Tapu Lele
Lv. 60

:gabite: Gabite
Lv. 34

:krokorok: Krokorok
Lv. 34

:trapinch: Trapinch
Lv. 35

:tapubulu: Tapu Bulu
Lv. 60

:tapufini: Tapu Fini
Lv. 60

:cosmog: Nebby 2.0
Lv. 5

:sigilyph: Sigilyph
Lv. 60

Box 8:
Lv. 76 / Item: Primarium Z
Nature: Relaxed / Ability: Torrent / Characteristic: Good perseverance
Ice Beam, Sparkling Aria, Psychic, Moonblast

:mudsdale: Rantanen (F)
Lv. 76 / Item: Leftovers
Nature: Modest / Ability: Stamina / Characteristic: A little quick tempered
High Horsepower, Stomp, Heavy Slam, Earthquake

:salazzle: Voracek (F)
Lv. 76
Nature: Bashful / Ability: Corrosion / Characteristic: Good endurance
Flamethrower, Nasty Plot, Sludge Bomb, Toxic

Pendraflare

Guardian
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Heh, it is nice to see that you've enjoyed your time with this game! I will say that the Team Rainbow Rocket stuff is really cool, and so is the Ultra Warp Ride. That is something that I've liked, wonder if you'll get shiny barricaded xD

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
@Pendraflare - I have no idea what you mean by "shiny barricaded", lol

Update 12 (Zygarde and the Ultra Beasts):
Alright, so, to start things off today I decide to go back to the Ultra Wormhole and see if I can't get some Ultra Beasts to start with. My first trip is a miss, but my second trip I finally hit a white wormhole. I'm now in Ultra Deep Sea, and I encounter Nihilego :nihilego:. Well, ???, but I know who it is. So I use Vasilevski to paralyze it, and since it has +2 Sp. Def, I also get its health down with Vasy. I switch in Svechnikov to get its health down to 1 HP, although it faints after 2 Power Gems and Stealth Rock so rip. After reviving Svech, I catch Nihilego in the first Ultra Ball I throw. That's 1 Ultra Beast down, 4 to go!

So I go through the Ultra Wormhole again, this time appearing in the Ultra Desert. I get to use a couple of my rideable Pokemon which is nice. Then I go face to face against ???. I...actually don't know which Ultra Beast it is this time. I paralyze it with Vasilevski, then I use Svechnikov to get it down to 1 HP, using some X items along the way. I get it with my first Beast Ball, and it turns out to be the Ultra Beast Pheromosa :pheromosa:! 2 Ultra Beasts down, 3 to go.

Going through the Ultra Wormhole, it takes me 3 attempts to reach Ultra Plant. This time I get to face the Ultra Beast Xurkitree :xurkitree:. I can't paralyze Xurkitree so rip. I take out Blinding One to take down Xurkitree's health, unfortunately it faints so rip. Svechnikov comes out and is able to False Swipe it before falling in one hit so rip. I send out Luongo to counter its electric/grass moves, reviving Blinding One and Svechnikov and throwing on a couple of X Sp. Def's before capturing it with my first Beast Ball. 3 Ultra Beasts down, 2 to go.

Before going through the Ultra Wormhole again, I stock up on X items. I also go to Malie City and pick up the Facade, Rock Polish, Psych Up and U-turn TMs. I go to the Thrifty Megamart, picking up a Shuppet :shuppet: and the Mimikium Z crystal.

So I go back to the Ultra Wormhole. It takes awhile, but I make it to Ultra Ruin, where some dude in a hazmat suit kinda getup welcomes me back and talks about how other people fled. uhhh, okay then. I make my way over to the Ultra Beast, who I don't know this time, and get at it. I paralyze it with Vasy, then I take its health down with Blinding One. I get it close to 1 HP, decide to just try throwing a Beast Ball and I manage to catch it. So with Guzzlord :guzzlord: captured, that's 4 Ultra Beasts down, 1 to go. Making my way back, I guess the dude watched over Guzzlord or something? Weird.

Going through the Ultra Wormhole again, I end up messing up and find myself in the Wilds, capturing a Stunfisk :stunfisk:, a Magcargo :magcargo:, an Altaria :altaria: and a Hippowdon :hippowdon: this time. But on one of my trips, I manage to run into Mewtwo :mewtwo:! I paralyze it with Vasy, get its health down with Blinding One before trying to catch it and having Blinding One faint (rip), try to use False Swipe but have Svechnikov faint, so I end up reviving Blinding One/Svechnikov, get its health down with Blinding One and try again. It takes 5 Ultra Balls but I finally catch it. Nice.

It takes like an hour or so but I finally make it to the final Ultra Beast location, Ultra Crater. I make my way up and face off against ???. Standard procedure. Paralyze with Vasilevski, lower its health with Blinding One, throw a Beast Ball, boom. Just like that, Celesteela :celesteela: is mine, and I've captured all 5 Ultra Beasts possible in Ultra Moon!

So, just a quick comment on Ultra Space (and Ultra Space Ride). It’s definitely an interesting concept, setting something up where you’re able to capture even more Pokemon, including legendaries from previous games. I do like it, I do like being able to ride on the back of Solgaleo or Lunala (I just kept riding on the back of Lunala once I switched to it tbh), it's also nice once I was able to use the circle pad instead of the gyroscope to control it. Although it’s definitely time consuming and luck based so uh yeah I'm happy leaving it at just the 5 Ultra Beasts rather than go for all the legendaries I can as well, lol.

So now two final things remain. First off, I finally (finally!) go back to Poni Grove to actually properly explore and to get Zygarde. Going through Poni Plains, I manage to catch an Aipom :aipom:. Through Poni Meadow I catch a Ribombee :ribombee:, though at the expense of Svechnikov. Through Resolution Cave I catch a Noivern :noivern:, though also at the expense of Svechnikov. dang.

So finally I try and catch Zygarde :zygarde:. I can't paralyze it so that's a blow. I get its health down to 1 HP with Blinding One and Svechnikov, then just start tossing balls. It takes 6 Timer Balls but I finally catch it!

I make my way back to Poni Plains, where I run into Looker and somebody else called Anabel on my way to new territory. Looker gives me a Red Card for my trouble, interesting.

So, I actually stopped for the night there, but since I don't think there's that much left to cover I'm just going to continue from here today and throw it all in here.

So I actually switch most of my team back in now that I've captured the Ultra Beasts and Zygarde, except Vasilevski is switched out since she's overleveled compared to the rest of the team and Kilzpteryx is kept in. Going through the rest of Poni Plains, I get a Chansey :chansey:, the Quash TM and the Kommonium Z crystal. Going through Poni Coast, Voracek manages to faint in one of the trainer battles so rip. I do get the Dark Pulse TM though. I go through Poni Gauntlet as well. Nothing exciting to talk about, but before the end I switch out Kilzpteryx for Vasilevski again since the levels evened out again.

So I finally made it to the Battle Tree, where I'm greeted by familiar faces in Red and Blue. I choose to face Red, with my team around Lv. 78-79, and, well, it went pretty well:
Nurse :primarina: / Pikachu :pikachu:

Turn 1 - Switch out for Rantanen / Volt Tackle (doesn't affect Rantanen)

Rantanen :mudsdale: / Pikachu :pikachu:

Turn 2 - Earthquake / Quick Attack
(Pikachu faints)
(Rantanen switched out for Voracek)

Voracek :salazzle: / Venusaur :venusaur:

Turn 3 - Flamethrower / Earthquake
(Voracek faints)
(Bear switched in)

Bear :bewear: / Venusaur :venusaur:

Turn 4 - Revive Voracek / Switch out for Charizard

Bear :bewear: / Charizard :charizard:

Turn 5 - Switch out for Nurse / Will-O-Wisp

Nurse :primarina: / Charizard :charizard:

Turn 6 - Flinch / Air Slash
(Nurse heals his burn)
Turn 7 - Sparkling Aria / Will-O-Wisp
(Charizard faints)
(Nurse switched out for Voracek)

Voracek :salazzle: / Venusaur :venusaur:

Turn 8 - Flamethrower
(Venusaur faints)
(Voracek switched out for Bear)

Bear :bewear: / Snorlax :snorlax:

Turn 9 - Hammer Arm
(Snorlax faints)
(Bear switched out for Vasilevski)

Vasilevski :vikavolt: / Lapras :lapras:

Turn 10 - Thunderbolt / Blizzard (Affection Dodge)
Turn 11 - Thunder Wave (miss) / Blizzard (Affection Dodge) (hit Thunder Wave by mistake)
Turn 12 - Thunderbolt
(Lapras faints)
(Vasilevski switched out for Luongo)

Luongo :tsareena: / Blastoise :blastoise:

Turn 13 - Power Whip
(Blastoise faints)

Pretty, pretty good.

So I'll never do the Battle Tree. That type of stuff in Pokemon games isn't for me. I just wanted to face off against Red tbh. So with that out of the way, I go back to Route 16, where I manage to run into Dexio and Sina. They have a 10% Forme Zygarde :zygarde10:, which I get after beating Dexio, though Voracek fainted (again) so rip. I also get the Zygarde Cube, so I mess around until the initial Zygarde I caught has the Power Construct ability.

So finally it's time to go around and collect all the Totem Stickers for the final Totem Pokemon. Noteworthy things that happen: I battle Ilima and crush him, I got the Echoed Voice and Will-O-Wisp TMs, Colress gave me a bunch of drives for Genesect :genesect:, I beat up GameFreak employees, and I get to see some interesting cutscenes including one where Nanu has a kid pick between 3 Alolan Meowth's :alolanmeowth:. I finally get all 100 stickers, so I get the final Totem Pokemon, Kommo-o :kommoo:!

And so yeah, that'll do it. I'm good with stopping my playthrough here. I've basically accomplished everything I wanted to. In theory, if I wanted to continue at some point I could just throw any sort of progress I make in another update for this thread, but for now I’m ready to move on and start playing some other games, lol. It's been 2 weeks since I started, so I definitely poured in a lot of time to this.

It was fun, Ultra Moon. Really glad I picked it up.

Thanks to everybody who read my playthrough of this game! I'll give special thanks to Greninjaman, Pendraflare, sanianisa, Bonkenhi and Deva as well for leaving comments in here! I hope everybody who read it enjoyed it!

New Pokemon Encountered:
Ultra Space:
Pheromosa :pheromosa: (Ultra Desert)
Xurkitree :xurkitree: (Ultra Plant)
Guzzlord :guzzlord: (Ultra Ruin)
Stunfisk :stunfisk: (Ultra Space Wilds)
Magcargo :magcargo: (Ultra Space Wilds)
Altaria :altaria: (Ultra Space Wilds)
Hippowdon :hippowdon: (Ultra Space Wilds)
Audino :audino: (Ultra Space Wilds)

Ula'ula Island:
Shuppet :shuppet: (Thrifty Megamart encounter)
Weedle :weedle: (Malie Garden battle)

Poni Island:
Aipom :aipom: (Poni Plains encounter)
Druddigon :druddigon: (Resolution Cave encounter)
Electivire :electivire: (Poni Plains battle)
Chansey :chansey: (Poni Plains encounter)
Golem :golem: (Poni Coast battle)
Clawitzer :clawitzer: (Poni Coast battle)
Porygon-Z :porygonz: (Poni Gauntlet battle)
Ambipom :ambipom: (Poni Gauntlet battle)
Volcarona :volcarona: (Poni Gauntlet battle)
Magmortar :magmortar: (Poni Gauntlet battle)
Venusaur :venusaur: (Battle Tree battle)
Charizard :charizard: (Battle Tree battle)
Snorlax :snorlax: (Battle Tree battle)
Blastoise :blastoise: (Battle Tree battle)

Melemele Island:
Dunsparce :dunsparce: (Hau'oli City battle)

Akala Island:
Dragonite :dragonite: (Heahea City battle)
Blissey :blissey: (Heahea City battle)

New Pokemon Gotten:
Ultra Space:
Nihilego :nihilego: (Ultra Deep Sea, Lv. 60)
Pheromosa :pheromosa: (Ultra Desert, Lv. 60)
Xurkitree :xurkitree: (Ultra Plant, Lv. 60)
Guzzlord :guzzlord: (Ultra Ruin, Lv. 60)
Stunfisk :stunfisk: (Ultra Space Wilds, Lv. 60)
Magcargo :magcargo: (Ultra Space Wilds, Lv. 60)
Mewtwo :mewtwo: (Ultra Space Wilds, Lv. 60)
Altaria :altaria: (Ultra Space Wilds, Lv. 60)
Hippowdon :hippowdon: (Ultra Space Wilds, Lv. 60)
Audino :audino: (Ultra Space Wilds, Lv. 60)

Ula'ula Island:
Shuppet :shuppet: (Thrifty Megamart, Lv. 34)
10% Forme Zygarde :zygarde10: (Route 16, Lv. 63)

Poni Island:
Aipom :aipom: (Poni Plains, Lv. 56)
Ribombee :ribombee: (Poni Meadow, Lv. 57)
Noivern :noivern: (Resolution Cave, Lv. 59)
Chansey :chansey: (Poni Plains, Lv. 55)

Pokemon Evolved:
None ):

Stats:
Playtime: 66:18
Alolan Pokemon Seen: 349
Pokemon Gotten: 174
Pokemon Fainted: 67
Z Crystals Obtained: 27

Party:
Lv. 80 / Item: Primarium Z