Knocking on Heaven's Gate - A Mafia-Less Mafia Game - OVER - Cult Wins

What should I do with this game if we don't get any more people?

• Shut It Down

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Transform It Into Standard

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I Don't Care

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
I'm with Felly on this one, as stated before lynching for a player showing lack of experience is a problem. It's especially a problem considering it's similar to what we did to Foolhard. Also seeing as Ben thinks I might be something I'm not, and as Isa stated before a doctor reveal might help my case... I don't think she intended it like this though. Besides, my Night one action practically confirms my role exists so it's not coming out of left field. I am a doc, specifically a weak doc. I wanted to keep this secret because I already had a target on my back, but if y'all know I can heal you'll probably feel a little safer.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Fair enough. I said I would unvote if there was a change of attitude, and I think SAF is showing a better disposition to help. I also get that sometimes irl stuff or emotions can get in the way of a clear mind. /unvote SAF. Still keeping my eye on her, but don't want to lynch if there's a possibility of her being town.

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Figured it would get Ben off my case. Another example of me being an idiot. If I die Night 2, I've only got myself to blame.

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Oh.

Oooooooh.

Godot being the Weak Doctor makes him getting double targeted make a little bit more sense now. I wasn’t aware that Doctors could target themselves, but in a game where targeting the wrong person could get Godot killed, it makes sense that he’d target himself first and not take chances. It just so happened to work out for him.

I also think that SAF’s trying to defend herself now, so that’s good.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I said I wanted to do reads and here they are. Some might be kind of bare, so my apologies. It was hard to put a huge effort into these working around my classes, heh.
LuluRina -- Neutral to mostly Town lean here. She hasn't contributed a whole bunch, but her tone strikes me as very genuine and she's been very willing to participate in the game with a bit of nudging.
Biohazard -- In my experience Bio is smart but she can be impulsive; I can see this going either way. Her posts aren't bad but they've dropped off a lot on D2. She was the very first person to open up discussion, but asking questions isn't the hardest thing to do and she might've seen an opportunity to get in there and start painting herself as Town. Felly mentioned that Bio or I could've taken a revenge shot at Godot for pushing us, and I think Bio would be able to combine that motivation with realizing Godot was a fairly middle-of-the-road target.
SAF -- Huh, really not sure. Still trying to figure out her motivation. "Lynch me already, I don't mind" honestly doesn't give us much clue as to alignment if it's just someone who doesn't want to play the game.
Foolhard -- Well he's dead, sorry buddy my bad. But he can still be important.
-Thought Biohazard could be sus, even though I don't like his reasoning for it.
-Said SAF's bandwagoning should be noted, but who hasn't said that.
Godot -- So I guess he's Town? Okay, sure.
Felly -- She's someone I could probably stand to take another look at, since I haven't gone over her stuff in detail for myself, but a town lean for now because she's been contributing well.
Luke Strife -- He's explained his irl circumstances, and that's fine. But even taking that into account, and looking at his D1 play, he's taken pretty much no initiative to get out there and scumhunt or start conversations himself. Most all of his posts have just been commenting on what's already going on or responding to stuff addressed at him.
Mystical -- Townread. She and I have been playing similarly this game. I especially like the point Vivid made about Isa's attitude towards discussing power roles on D1 seeming like town.
Moonwatcher -- I know we've butted heads a bit, but in terms of gameplay and whatnot I like what he's been doing. He's willing to pressure.
Typhlosion -- Yay I get a read too.
Vivid Stardust -- Neutral for me. I want to look more at them, but honestly, when Mystical said that thing about being paranoid and having a weird feeling I was very surprised, because I had been about to say something similar. I don't know what it is, I can't put my finger on it, but something in me doesn't want to trust them yet even though their posts seem quite nice.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
*Doing Moonwatcher in a different shade of green was an accident and it doesn't mean I feel more strongly one way or another about him than my other town reads

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
Felly

At first I found it a bit curious that she felt the need to hammer that nail in harder with the extra vote after the lynch was locked in on the first day. It was an odd thing to do, especially right at the end of the day. Then again, as the game continued on into the current day, she's ramped up her posting quality dramatically. Lots of detail in her post, I'm enjoying seeing all the reasoning.

Mystical

Extremely helpful. I'll be surprised if it turned out that she was non-Town. Her posts have been bringing new angles on things that I perhaps didn't even think of to begin with, so it's been interesting following along with her thought processes.

Moonwatcher

Angry and passionate! He comes across a very bitter and resentful Town, but I can't say I really blame him for feeling that way either. So far his play has been pretty solid. If he's not Town then he's been exaggerating his emotional responses on purpose. Otherwise he just comes off as very passionate.

Typhlosion

You're very aggressive and I enjoy it. The way you've been stirring up discussion has been great and definitely helpful for finding information. I'd say you're certainly Town to me, or you're playing scum exceptionally well, so I'll applaud you either way.

Vivid Stardust

Again, another solid contender. Despite your mentioned absence, you've still nevertheless been useful in helping to stir up conversation. So far it feels like you've been making decent call-outs and reads. Again I can't really fault you for having a lesser opinion of me, as I mentioned above in A_T's paragraph.

I suppose my post quality has been kinda pants this game and so I can't say I really blame A_T for casting some suspicion my way. I hate to pull the New Person Card™, but I will say that this is only my third game, so I am still getting used to things and I haven't quite mastered being proactive yet. I'm trying to make up for a lack of presence and proactiveness (is that even a word?) by fleshing out my posts, I want to be useful too! The other thing is that a lot of my concerns tend to get addressed by other folk before I even get to them, so in that manner it's hard to be proactive or take the initiative when the things that are on my mind get posted by other people first. I wouldn't want to get stuck in the cycle of "Yeah what they said", as that just comes across as lame to me.

It appears the mystery with regards to Godot has been solved, but it may come at a high price. It kinda sucks that Godot felt the need to reveal after mild pressure. If you really are a Townie then I apologise. I didn't mean for my confusion to lead to you painting a target on your back. Things do make a lot more sense now, the double targetting seems more easily explained that way.

Again, I want to say I'm sorry about my lack of presence. I do want to be useful though, so I'll ask you (anyone, but I guess more specifically @Typhlosion ), is there something you want from me that would help you make up your mind about me?

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Not gonna lie, I may have screwed myself by revealing that. The target was already sort of on my back after Night one passed. And evidently before that point, considering the person who attacked me validated my role based paranoia. Mystery solved, whether or not I survive Night 2 without being culted remains to be seen though. If anything I've guaranteed I'll survive this day phase at the very least. If we have a Mason leader, and I sincerely hope we do, I may need help.

@Varhii Do town power roles recruited by the Masons keep their role functions or are those gone?

@Luke Strife I think Ben just wants you to initiate conversation or ask questions when you can.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Town power roles can't be recruited by the Mason. Only citizens.

As for your reads, Ben, glad to see I'm not the only one with an odd feeling. And yay for being townread. To be honest, I remember on my first game as mafia, and being on the same team as Regine allowed me to see more into her thought-process. I remember she was able to pinpoint Mark as the spree killer because of the way he'd talk about the neutral roles. That's the sort of vibe I'm getting here. Like they're not doing anything wrong per se, but they're focusing on things a cult leader might. Though at the same time, maybe a cult leader wouldn't be so transparent about their thoughts? That's mostly what's giving me pause.

As for Victoria, that's an interesting read for sure. And you're right, Godot did point out her wanting to lynch day one as a scumtell.

@Luke for me, personally, maybe you could go into a bit more detail about you're reads and give specific examples? Like what thought processes of mine do you enjoy and do you agree with them? Stuff like that. And even if people have already said what you wanted to say, even adding a little bit could help. But in general, I think you've been playing well. I understand irl stuff getting in the way sometimes. Also, hope you're feeling better now.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
I've said that I could do a read list on D2, but since I'm very busy with school and other stuff, I'm not going to post it, sorry. I'll be more active, though.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
I'm also going to say a thing regarding SAF. I believe that she's a newbie town. Her playing reminds me of how I played my first Mafia game here on the forums, as I did similar things such as bandwagoning too.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Okay, wow. So assuming that Godot is town, he's likely to stay that way. I doubt the SK will target him tonight, as if he does he might wast a shot again, as Godot would be able to heal himself. But then Godot might not heal himself, and the SK might predict that and would be able to target him. But if Godot heals someone that's been Culted then he's dead anyway, so the SK would have less reason to target him...
Either way, he unlikely target for the next Cult recruit at least, due to the high death possibility.

Weak Doctor is one of the easiest roles to fake. "If I defend the wrong person then I die, which is why I didn't use my role"
On the other hand, if there is a real Doctor, they could prove Godot's claim to be false with ease, so it would be too risky to claim that he healed himself if he was faking it. Unless there is no doctor at all, which while I find unlikely is a possibility.

I'm leaning more towards trusting him for now, as this would be way too risky to fake, but judging by his playstyle up til now, if he's Cult/SK it could be that as it's his first game, he might have overlooked some possibilities and just gone which what seemed like a good plan. (I know I did that a lot in my early games...:/)

Just to be sure though, I will second the question. @Varhii Can the weak Doctor target themselves to heal?

Now, I'm not doing this because I want a lynch on him, or for pressure, but because I will likely be unable to get online again before the end of the day, and if it turns out Godot was lying about being able to target himself, then I want to be able to contribute my vote instead of sitting idley by.
/Vote Godot
I repeat, at this point I believe Godot to be town, but if it turns out he can't have targeted himself, this will become a lynch vote.

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
yawn Good morning guys. I'm posting now because this suddenly pops in my mind:
Role List:
Hidden Town Role

Hidden Town Role
Hidden Town Role
Hidden Town Role
Citizen
Citizen

Citizen
Citizen
Cult Leader
Serial Killer
I heard there were a possibility of someone (either me or whoever it is) being culted, right? In that case, shouldn't their role shift from citizen to cult shown here without showing who's what?

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
No. That's for us to figure out. The rolelist only shows the initial rolelist minus the deceased players, but the rolelist would not reflect any change of alignment until after the person dies.

As for Moon... Why? I get your reasoning, but I really doubt someone without much experience would have the guts to claim something like that.

Either way, it doesn't look like there will be a lynch today, but I think it's interesting to look at reads, since most of us (or all of us?) posted their reads already. I may do a quick overview about that.