Knocking on Heaven's Gate - A Mafia-Less Mafia Game - OVER - Cult Wins

What should I do with this game if we don't get any more people?

• Shut It Down

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Transform It Into Standard

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I Don't Care

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
I actually hate to say this, but somehow I gotta agree with this:
And some other things to point out.

• As said above, Biohazard considered Moonwatcher sus on a random guess in post #40. Moonwatcher later ends up dead and confirmed town as of post #209.
• Foolhard considers Bio sus for encouraging discussion in post #45. We later lynch Foolhard and he's confirmed town.
• Godot also considers Bio to be sus in post #35.
• Moonwatcher considers Bio to be possible cult in post #132.
• Bio regrets her lynch on Foolhard (after several others have) and also says she'll give reads in post #152. She also says she'll be more active in post #194 (which I apparently don't have a tab open for) and #240. We're approaching the end of day 3. She still hasn't given us reads and still hasn't been more active.

Moonwatcher, Foolhard, and Godot have all been confirmed town by this point in the game. All three have considered Bio to be sus in one way or another. Bio hasn't been active despite repeatedly saying she would be. Irl issues may be coming up for her and preventing her from posting, and that's fine; irl should take precedence over an online, forum Mafia game. It does for me, and I feel safe in saying that it does for everyone else in this game.

Therefore, I want to preface this by saying this: I mean this as nothing more than a pressure vote right now. I'm going to bed soon, and I won't be back home and able to get on my computer until the day is about to end. I want to do this now rather than later with the hopes that maybe Bio will reply today with the reads list and more information that can allow us to properly make a read on her. I'm hoping this vote does what I'm hoping it does and Bio replies with more than just telling us she'll be more active and gives us information to make an informed decision. I'm going to be reading the thread throughout the day tomorrow when I can, but this vote will likely stand for the rest of this day. Hopefully this pressure vote gives us more to go off of because I think now's the time to ramp it up.

/vote Biohazard - I've stated in other posts that I think she has a cult lean, but I think it's possible she could also be SK. She hasn't been terribly active, but she's been able to make short posts confirming she's still around and paying attention to the game. Therefore, I believe she's been able to at least make night actions, it's just a matter of what kind of night actions. Unfortunately, with her lack of posting, it's hard to tell what kind of night actions she's been making, but I'm hoping a post from her will give us some guidance on what to do.
This may sound ironic given that I did the similar thing back in day 2, but I believe that Bio has some experience with the Mafia games (unlike me who is a total noob). So please, @Biohazard, say something. 🙏

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Btw...
Okay, so day 3 ends tonight at midnight.
Midnight at what timezone? I'm afraid that some timezones may be quite awkward, so...

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Time Zone
GMT
Btw...
Okay, so day 3 ends tonight at midnight.
Midnight at what timezone? I'm afraid that some timezones may be quite awkward, so...
EST. It's about 4am my time in Britainland (we haven't changed our clocks yet).

And yeah, Bio has been mysteriously absent this past day phase. With how super active she was in the first day or so, it could be interpreted that she felt like she did enough to set herself up as being readable as Town so that she now feels she can just coast along without any futher suspicion. I look forward (and I hope) to see her post at some point today. With substantial information too, given that as you guys have pointed out, she has promised a reads list. Add onto that it seems she has quite a bit to respond to now as well.

Biohazard

Somebody is digging my bones
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
Here is my "reads" list. There aren't any reasons there because I'm sick as hell and I can't think that much because of that.

Mystical
Typhlosion
Vivid Stardust
Felly
Godot

LuluRina
SAF
Luke Strife

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
I've been suspicious of Biohazard since day one, only having moved to neutral on Day 2 (which wasn't a big shift in reads, just that my opinion had changed due to arguments others made at the time). The drop in activity between D1 and D2 hadn't struck me as too suspicious, but now taking into account that her activity has dropped multiple times now it seems to be a little more than just a coincidence.

I know you say you're sick, Bio, but were you also sick on Day 2? Admittedly I haven't been as active on D3 as I should have been, and it's not even over yet, because life gets in the way.

For good measure, I'll throw in a pressure vote. Because the fact that the two attacked people so far are me and moon, I had guessed Bio was scum day one. Bio had been suspicious of Moon on day one. As Ben pointed out, it lines up. /Vote Biohazard

Biohazard

Somebody is digging my bones
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
Yeah, I was sick on D2 too.

Mystical

Glutu Malu Soñi
Cult Classic
@Felly it's called nitpicking, don't take it personally. fwiw I was trying to go through my list of people I'm less sure of as town. Still not completely sure about you, but you do bring up good points regardless.

Also, I'm trying to go through previous posts to see what else I can find. But let me ask you all this. We're assuming a worst case scenario, right? In a worst case scenario, I think it's important to lynch. Who do you think is the best lynch candidate? And/or do you think we can allow ourselves one more day of no-lynching to gather more information?

Personally I think we need to lynch today, but it doesn't seem like people are sure of who to lynch. People are starting to vote on Victoria, but if she was cult maybe she would have put more thought into her reads and posts than she has, especially if she had recruited other people or been recruited by someone. But still, maybe. At this point I'm not really sure, but we do need a plan.

On the other hand, one more day of not lynching could help us with more information (relying on the possible night actions and on the chance of SK targeting someone from the cult). So what do you all say? That's what we need to decide on this next few hours.

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I think that we should lynch today if possible, but the problem is that we need to hit the right person. I still think Luke is suspicious, but I think several people have brought up good points about Biohazard being possibly Cult. If we don’t end up lynching, it’s not the end of the world, but it’s not the best scenario.

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
By not killing, we risk Cult outnumbering us and/or SK killing someone (assuming I don't heal in time). The first one's not a risk I'm willing to take, the second one is just going to be a constant problem until CL is dealt with. I'd say the chances that we're dealing with a best case scenario are slim. Not only are we down two townies, but CL has potentially recruited two people so far and will continue to recruit until they outnumber us or until we get them.

Mystical

Glutu Malu Soñi
Cult Classic
Let me put it this way, then. Who do you think is the best lynch candidate and why?

I can see why people are going after Victoria. Her posts seem neutral. She's been restating what others have said a few times. I don't remember if she ever really answered what information she got out of the Foolhard lynch, other than "I regret lynching". I tried looking into Luke's posts but don't see anything wrong with them. And I already pointed out some of what I saw from Felly. So? I guess it's Victoria or no lynch?

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Time Zone
GMT
That seems to be the case, yeah. Generally I'm in agreement with the sentiment posed here. We ought to lynch today, and it definitely ought to be Cult. I am just unsure if I want to vote for Bio or not. Her lack of posting until being prodded has been quite conspicuous, but it would be real ****ty to kill her off if she really has just been sick. But again, if she was sick and didn't feel up to posting, she probably could have let us know earlier, but instead only decided to tell us after being prodded about it.

...Then again, having sat on this post for some time before posting, I don't think I even buy sickness as a good excuse. She could still have written a few more lines than what she has done, especially since she promised us a read list at least more than once, and didn't even bother to mount a defence in regards to people's critiques of her. Furthermore, the way she reversed her position on the Foolhard lynch still kinda bothers me. First she really wanted to get a lynch done day one "I'm going to lynch on D1. Why? Regardless of how many players show up, lynching is important because information is very important" - #29, but then after it turned out he was a TPR after his lynch, she suddenly says "I feel it was actually bad to vote on D1 because that's what happens when you lynch too early, as we mislynched a TPR". - #152 It's the wording of it that just feels... off. Like she's suddenly berating people for having done it even though she wanted it herself. Suddenly that information she wanted very badly wasn't so appealing anymore. Like it didn't matter to her after all. The rest of her posts have been very short, infrequent, nonchalant, or dismissive. Still feels like she's just coasting along, as I mentioned earlier.

This is probably going to be my final post for the night as I'm about to sleep, and given that it's the new night phase soon I won't have another chance. So... /vote Biohazard. Whether you people decide to carry it on further is up to you. I've gotta get up early for work tomorrow so I have to sleep.

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Biohazard is the best bet, for reasons Luke outlined above in addition to my observations of the bout of inactivity she's in. And as Luke points out above, a little extra effort in Bio's reads would have been nice considering how often she'd been promising it. To answer your previous question, Isa, no I don't think we can get by with one more day of non-lynching. I admit that it does seem like we're going a little loose-y-goose-y as the day winds down, but we've got so little to go on. As much as I'd like more information, if only so that folks are more sure of who they're voting up, waiting till D4 is not an option. And I know it sucks to think that we're in a worst case scenario, but until proven otherwise that has to be the operating theory.

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Current Tally - 5 to Lynch
Biohazard - 3: Felly, Godot, Luke Strife
Luke Strife - 1: Vivid Stardust

Mystical

Glutu Malu Soñi
Cult Classic
All right. I agree, to be honest. And if cult wins then it's because they've been playing well + getting lucky.

Last advice for the day. Godot, I know I said your role worked as a sort of sheriff, but don't feel pressured to take any unnecessary risk.

Sorry, Victoria. I'll check in before the day ends, just in case, but until then

/Vote Biohazard

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sooo, I gotta join in the crowd once more. However, unlike my bandwagon on Foolhard back then, I truly have a bad feeling about Bio (especially about her activity here so far), so...

/Vote Biohazard

Sorry about that, sis. :pensiveazurill:

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Technology brings powerful tools, but at what cost? That's what Biohazard was thinking as she watched the video put in front of her. They had found video of her standing on the street and being picked up by a sketchy looking man in exchange for money. Money that was given to her. Now she couldn't help but notice people giving her judging glances.

A crow member shouted directly at her. "How could you do such an immoral thing?"

She was at a loss for words. She needed money. Christmas was coming up and she wanted to help her kid have the best Christmas he could have despite her low amount of funds. Isaiah was just 10 and was really wanting one of the new Star Wars toys. He'd even written so many letters to Santa that he might file a restraining order.

She was picked up and squeezed at the throat by one of the men. The man shouted, "What do you have to say for herself?"

He squeezed harder.

"Do you have anything to say?"

She went limp. Biohazard the Dancer was dead.

Night 3 has begun! It will end on March 26st, 12:00 A.M. EST. Additionally, Resolute will be replacing Luke Strife.

Role List:
Hidden Town Role
Hidden Town Role
Hidden Town Role
Citizen

Citizen
Citizen

Cult Leader
Serial Killer

Players Alive:

@LuluRina
@SAF
@Godot
@Felly
@Resolute
@Mystical
@Typhlosion
@Vivid Stardust

Players Dead:
Foolhard - Gunsmith - Day 1- Lynched by the town for being too quiet and fidgety.
Moonwatcher - Citizen - Night 2 - Got sliced open by the Serial Killer's machete and bled out.
Biohazard - Dancer - Day 3 - Was choked to death by the town.

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
The townspeople woke up still in fear, but it looked like they would all live the other day. Despite the fact that no one died, it still appeared that there was evil seeping beneath the surface.

Day 4 has begun! It will end on March 29th, 12:00 A.M. EST. 5 Votes are required to lynch.

Role List:
Hidden Town Role
Hidden Town Role
Hidden Town Role
Citizen

Citizen
Citizen

Cult Leader
Serial Killer

Players Alive:

@LuluRina
@SAF
@Godot
@Felly
@Resolute
@Mystical
@Typhlosion
@Vivid Stardust

Players Dead:
Foolhard - Gunsmith - Day 1- Lynched by the town for being too quiet and fidgety.
Moonwatcher - Citizen - Night 2 - Got sliced open by the Serial Killer's machete and bled out.
Biohazard - Dancer - Day 3 - Was choked to death by the town.

Last edited: