Knocking on Heaven's Gate - A Mafia-Less Mafia Game - OVER - Cult Wins

What should I do with this game if we don't get any more people?

• Shut It Down

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Transform It Into Standard

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I Don't Care

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
The cult began to gather at the place where they would leave behind their mortality and ascend but there were several rats in their midst. One was found pretty early on as Godot the Weak Doctor ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time and ended up suffering the consequence of death.

The Cult wasn't without powerful enemies though as Felly failed to meet up with them. While she just went about as a normal Citizen, she was drinking the Koolaid when no one was looking. As she prepared to go out to what would be the last act in her mortal body she was stabbed in the back of the head. She never got to see her killer.

Day 5 has begun! It will end on April 2nd, 12:00 A.M. EST. 3 Votes are required to lynch. Since this is near endgame, you may skip day once the lynch has been locked.

Role List:

Hidden Town Role
Hidden Town Role
Citizen
Cult Leader
Serial Killer

Players Alive:

@LuluRina
@Resolute
@Mystical
@Typhlosion
@Vivid Stardust

Players Dead:
Foolhard - Gunsmith - Day 1- Lynched by the town for being too quiet and fidgety.
Moonwatcher - Citizen - Night 2 - Got sliced open by the Serial Killer's machete and bled out.
Biohazard - Dancer - Day 3 - Was choked to death by the town.
SAF - Citizen - Day 4 - Murdered before she could give her speech.
Godot - Weak Doctor - Night 4 - Was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Felly - Citizen - Night 4 -Murdered in her home before she could go to the meeting.

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Nothing happened to me last night.

I was hoping it wouldn’t happen, but I was kinda worried that Godot was going to hit the Cult or the Serial Killer eventually. RIP the prosecutor doctor. (Y’know, since Godot is a character in Ace Attorney? Never mind.) It’s nice that the Serial Killer finally hit Cult, but it would have been better if they hit the Cult Leader.

I’m hoping that we aren’t in the worst case scenario right now, but with Godot dead....Yeah, this isn’t looking good for Town.

Mystical

Glutu Malu Soñi
Cult Classic
xD I know of Ace Attorney, though never saw the season where Godot apeared or if I did I don't remember. But I did get the reference. Yeah, rip Godot. He ended up trusting the wrong person.

As for my own night, nothing happened to me either. But I think at this point it's clear enough that cult has the majority.

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
If Cult doesn’t have at least two members right now, I’d honestly be surprised. The worst case scenario is that the Cult has four members right now, and they can immediately win by lynching the Serial Killer because by this point, the Cult should know who the Serial Killer is. The best case scenario is that we have the Cult Leader, the Serial Killer, and everyone else is Town. The likelihood of that is very low, though....

Typhlosion

The Perfect Ruler
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Nothing happened to me last night either. Which is surprising given what a wild time it apparently was.

So...is there any more point beating around the bush? It's quite likely Cult has the majority by this point.

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
xD I know of Ace Attorney, though never saw the season where Godot apeared or if I did I don't remember. But I did get the reference. Yeah, rip Godot. He ended up trusting the wrong person.

As for my own night, nothing happened to me either. But I think at this point it's clear enough that cult has the majority.
...Actually, you bring up a good point here. We need to figure out who Godot trusted, and that’ll help us narrow down who he might’ve targeted last night.

Nothing happened to me last night either. Which is surprising given what a wild time it apparently was.

So...is there any more point beating around the bush? It's quite likely Cult has the majority by this point.
...I hope you know that this pretty much implies that you’ve been culted, and that the only reason why I’m not voting for you right away is because I want to hit the Cult Leader if at all possible.

Typhlosion

The Perfect Ruler
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben

...I hope you know that this pretty much implies that you’ve been culted, and that the only reason why I’m not voting for you right away is because I want to hit the Cult Leader if at all possible.
Well, if they're going to be rising up and lynching us all, I'd prefer for them to get it done sooner rather than later. It would only take three, and even with Felly having been shot they've had, what, 4 chances to recruit? With Godot dying, the numbers are almost certainly on their side by now.

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
/Vote Resolute

I don’t know if this is a good decision, but I’ve been suspicious of Luke/Res since the beginning, and I have a gut feeling that Res/Luke is our Cult Leader. I might be moving a bit quickly, but this is going to be a short day, and we need to get the Cult Leader right now. Since Godot proved that Mystical was Town day three (regardless of whether she’s still town or got culted), I know I’m not the Cult Leader (whether you believe me or not is your prerogative), and Typhlosion is the Commuter (again, regardless of whether he’s been culted or not), the Cult Leader has to be either Res or LuluRina, and I think it’s Res/Luke. Res never really posted his reads list, either, so this is also me trying to get him to show up and post those reads. @Resolute If you could post your reads now, that’d be nice.

Also, if anyone would like to reveal that they’re the last TPR, and therefore prove that they aren’t the Cult Leader, now would be the time to do so.

Typhlosion

The Perfect Ruler
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Let's get it. I tell you what, I've been wanting to do this since about Day 2: /vote Vivid Stardust

Resolute

below freezing? t-shirt weather
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
BROTHERS OF THE CULT

ETERNITY BECKONS

DESTROY THE NON-BELIEVERS

OBLITERATE THE INFIDELS

/Vote Vivid Stardust

@Varhii Skip day, please.

Typhlosion

The Perfect Ruler
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I like the enthusiasm, dude. Yeah, it would be annoying if Varhii made us sit here for another day and a half, haha. The game is won.

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
YOU JERKS!

Oh well. I wasn’t really expecting to win anyway....

/skip day

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
(Also, that was mostly me reacting to the fact that y’all are Cult and are voting for me. We can still be friends afterwards! Maybe? I don’t know....)

Mystical

Glutu Malu Soñi
Cult Classic
Oh, yes, sure, I want to be friends! ^-^ I sure enjoyed this game a lot. Also my question is why you didn't shoot Luke/Reso if you were suspicious of them.

Also, I feel ashamed as town uwu but I enjoyed having been culted.

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Honestly, it was because I didn’t actually know who was Cult Leader until the start of today (day 5). I was suspicious of Luke/Res, but I didn’t know for sure, and my gut feeling was wrong for the past several lynches/deaths, and I didn’t want to mess up again. I really was trying to hit the Cult; I just have extremely bad instincts for who’s scum and who’s town, regardless of whether I’m town or neutral. It also would have been dead obvious that I was the SK if I went for Luke/Res, since I was really the only person who was super suspicious of him the whole game. I also knew that Felly was pretty likely to be Cult because she voted for all three lynches, so that’s why I went for her last night.

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
The Cult had succeeded. After managing to kill Vivid the serial Killer, they were ready to execute their plan. On March 19th 1997, they gathered and committed mass suicide to ascend with the aliens travelling behind Comet Hale-Bopp. One person remains to this day to maintain the website.

CULT WINS

MVP: Typhlosion
I really wanted to give this to Vivid due to the fact that they played well during day, but their only getting 2 kills sort of keeps me from giving it to them. Typhlosion didn't play great either. Especially with him essentially playing like Cult since Day 1 to the point where no one noticed he changed allegiances halfway through the game due to him not needing to change his play. He did help guide the Cult in what they should do at the end though.

Best Townie: Foolhard
Foolhard gets best townie largely out of my spite for how town played. they lynched 2 TPRs and a Citizen only due to them not posting as much despite suspecting both ENs at one point. Someone pointed out how Luke's posts were very fluff based and added little and you guys should have pressed him more on that and potentially gone for a lynch due to him playing scummy. I have more thoughts on town's day play, but I'll post them below.

Worst Night Actions: Godot

Yeah, just ignore the fact that if he is Cult you die and you give Cult the win.

Final Thoughts
Personally, I think Vivid deserved to win this game, but town was too incompetent to even give them the chance to win. The day play was atrocious especially in seeing the lack of adaptation to the rule set you guys were under. Lynching Day 1 when you have an over 80% chance of hitting town with no info outside of how people are posting and no one is reading really scummy isn't remotely a good idea. I honestly lost interest in this game really early on as the Gunsmith was what I was really excited about seeing in action. This game was a mess and I'm glad its over. Bubba will have more in-depth thoughts on day play soon.

Role List:
Culted Commuter - Typhlosion
Weak Doctor - Godot
Culted Watcher - Mystical
Dancer - Biohazard
Gunsmith - Foolhard
Citizen - LuluRina
Citizen - SAF

Culted Citizen - Felly
Citizen - Moonwatcher
Cult Leader - Luke Strife Resolute
Serial Killer - Vivid Stardust

N1:
Typholosion Commutes
Biohazard roleblocks Typhlosion (Failure)
Vivid kills Godot
Godot heals Godot (Success)

Luke recruits Vivid (Failure)
Mystical watches Typhlosion (Failure)

N2:
Mystical watches Godot
Biohazard roleblocks Moonwatcher
Luke recruits Typhlosion (Success)
Vivid kills Moonwatcher
Godot heals Mystical

N3:
Typhlosion Commutes
Resolute recruits Mystical
Vivid kills Typhlosion (Failure)
Godot heals Typhlosion (Failure)
Mystical watches Vivid Stardust

N4:
Resolute recruits Felly
Vivid Stardust kills Felly
Godot heals Typhlosion (Godot Dies)

Last edited:

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Best Townie: Foolhard
Foolhard gets best townie largely out of my spite for how town played. they lynched 2 TPRs and a Citizen only due to them not posting as much despite suspecting both ENs at one point. Someone pointed out how Luke's posts were very fluff based and added little and you guys should have pressed him more on that and potentially gone for a lynch due to him playing scummy. I have more thoughts on town's day play, but I'll post them below.
I approve of this choice

GG guys

And next time I won't focus on how much someone contributes as much xD
I have learned my lesson!

Reactions: SAF