Knocking on Heaven's Gate - A Mafia-Less Mafia Game - OVER - Cult Wins

What should I do with this game if we don't get any more people?

• Shut It Down

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Transform It Into Standard

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I Don't Care

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Marshall Adams began to meet up with people that had similar thoughts to him. They gathered at a member's home in Studio City. There they panned out how to recruit more people along with share their stories about their meetings with extraterrestrials. People began to discus the group. Out of fear, they went underground. Now they silently try and recruit more people while they wait for a chance to ascend. The townspeople are fearful and want the public menace to be gone.

Day 1 has begun! It will end on March 14th, 12:00 A.M. EST. 6 Votes are required to lynch.

Role List:
Hidden Town Role
Hidden Town Role
Hidden Town Role
Hidden Town Role
Hidden Town Role
Citizen
Citizen

Citizen
Citizen

Cult Leader
Serial Killer

Players Alive:

@LuluRina
@Biohazard
@SAF
@Foolhard
@Godot
@Felly
@Luke Strife
@Mystical
@Moonwatcher
@Typhlosion
@Vivid Stardust

Players Dead:
None Yet

Biohazard

Somebody is digging my bones
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2

Hello everyone.

Biohazard

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
I've also got some questions.

Do you read other Mafia games while playing?

Do you want to lynch on D1?

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
For now, no. But maybe I will next time.

Hmm, dunno. I'd like to see others' opinions before deciding. This is my first time in a classic mafia game (as in non-EIM) after all. :hmmazurill:

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I wasn’t expecting to start right after I signed up, whoa! I’ve got my role, and I’m ready to go! This should be an interesting game!

As for your questions, @Biohazard, I like reading other games while I play because it helps me know what to do. Due to the state of the Azurilland archives however, I don’t think I can really do that this time around. I might look over the last game I was in just to see what I need to improve on from then (Return to a Simple Tale).

If several people don’t show up, I don’t want to lynch day one. If everyone shows up, and we have an idea of who might be suspicious based on day one stuff, I’m open to it.

It looks like we have five town power roles this time around. I’m guessing Sheriff and/or Doctor is probably one, or possibly Weak Doctor.

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
HAHA... nope

Hmm... nope, because currently we don't have any info.

Felly

loony & loopy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Hello!

I don't read other Mafia games while I play. I prefer to just focus on the one I'm in, and I feel like people would change their strats between games, especially if they see something didn't work for them.

Lynching on D1 is a maybe for me. I don't want to jump the gun and say yes when not everyone has said something yet. I'll see how I'm feelin' once everyone's replied, but for right now, I'm gonna go with a no lynch on D1.

Biohazard

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
@Vivid Stardust Going through the Azurilland is a pain. Since we're playing a cult game, I'm currently reading through a mafia game that has cult (on Azurilland), as I've never played that sort before.

Since people have answered the questions as well, here are my own answers.

- I read through other games very often. Reading helps me what I should to do in a mafia game and it's a habit that has improved me when it comes to playing mafia.

- I'm going to lynch on D1. Why? Regardless of how many players show up, lynching is important because information is very important.

Typhlosion

The Perfect Ruler
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
nothing happened to me last night

To answer Lycoris's questions:
  1. I have read several old mafia games before, yes, but I don't typically do it while playing. If I'm going to read anything I would keep re-reading the current game for clues, and the hosts don't really like us focusing on old meta anyway.
  2. If this were a game that started on a Night phase I would definitely want to lynch, but since this is a "day 0" of sorts I think it's less important. Plus, beginning with only two scum out of 11 players total, the odds of a mislynch are very high. We shall see.
I would like to add a couple questions of my own:
--How much Mafia experience do you have?
--If you had to pick one person as scum right now, even on gut instinct or a wild guess, who would it be?

My answers:
--This is around my sixth forum mafia game, and I've played a couple times irl at parties too.
--I would say LuluRina. I get it, she's most likely new and that's fine, but she has not contributed one single word outside of answering Lycoris's questions, and even those don't help to generate discussion that would get us the sort of info required for lynching.

Typhlosion

The Perfect Ruler
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
A quick word, since this was actually an issue in a past mafia game: For those of you who are new, "scum" is not a personal insult. That's just a mafia slang term for anyone who is not Town, ie, an evil role. If I call you scum I do not meaning anything about your character as a person!

Biohazard

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
Answering Typhlosion's questions.

How much Mafia experience do you have?

This is my 2nd mafia game on Marriland and I've played few games on Mafia Universe.

If you had to pick one person as scum right now, even on gut instinct or a wild guess, who would it be?

It is way too early to tell who is scum tbh. The game just started today and only few people posted in.

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Sorry about that Ben, I tend to talk less around that time.

Well I've done a few of fast paced mafia games like ToS, EpicMafia, or the one in PokemonShowdown, but never really forum mafia tbh.
--If you had to pick one person as scum right now, even on gut instinct or a wild guess, who would it be?
My instinct is bad I have honestly no idea... so wild guess!
...my wild guess says Godot. Take this with a grain of salt because I have nothing to go against him.

I can definitely tell you that Ben looks a lot like town with two posts.
yes I know he pick me as scum rn but his reason was valid

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Oh and when I mean "never really" I mean just starting, because I am doing a couple of these on another site.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time

Generally I don't read other Mafia games. I don't want to rando lynch on day one, it's a bad idea the chances of getting a member of the town killed is extremely high.
I have relatively little experience with Mafia, tried it a few times though. More familiar with Werewolf, which is almost the same thing.
Wild guess says Biohazard, if only for wanting to lynch on day one.

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
For your questions, Typhlosion...

This is my third game total online, and it’s my second game on Marriland/Azurilland. I’ve played Mafia/Werewolf a few times in real life, too.

If you had to pick one person as scum right now, even on gut instinct or a wild guess, who would it be?

Hmm...I was going to say LuluRina, but she seems to be contributing a little more now. On a wild guess, I’d say Foolhard, and honestly that guess is mostly based on the fact that I’ve never seen them or talked to them before on the forums. It’s nothing personal!

I’m curious about what y’all think the Town Power Roles (TPRs) are this time around. Nobody has even mentioned the fact that we got an alignment list and a role list this time around. I provided some of my thoughts earlier, but to reiterate, I think we have Sheriff or Doctor, or possibly Weak Doctor.

Biohazard

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
@Vivid Stardust Do you think that there are other Town Power Roles than those three you mentioned?

Typhlosion

The Perfect Ruler
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Answering Typhlosion's questions.

This is my 2nd mafia game on Marriland and I've played few games on Mafia Universe.

It is way too early to tell who is scum tbh. The game just started today and only few people posted in.
Well yeah, I figured, but that's why I said the bit about a wild guess. C'mon, I'm sure you could mention someone.
Sorry about that Ben, I tend to talk less around that time.

Well I've done a few of fast paced mafia games like ToS, EpicMafia, or the one in PokemonShowdown, but never really forum mafia tbh.
My instinct is bad I have honestly no idea... so wild guess!
...my wild guess says Godot. Take this with a grain of salt because I have nothing to go against him.

I can definitely tell you that Ben looks a lot like town with two posts.
yes I know he pick me as scum rn but his reason was valid
Hmm, I look like Town because I've made two posts? Interesting. What about Biohazard? She had...let's see...four posts, twice as many as me, when you posted that.
@Vivid Stardust Do you think that there are other Town Power Roles than those three you mentioned?
Given that we are confirmed to have 5 TPR (unless some are more Citizens but I really doubt that), and Varhii gave us a list of 15 potential Town Power Roles, it'd be mean and downright trolling to do any duplicates. So yeah, I'd guess we're looking at five separate roles there.

Biohazard

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
@Typhlosion Even though I said that it is way too early, I'm going to do this and gonna take Moonwatcher as a wild guess. ¯\(ツ)

Regarding what you said about duplicate TPRs, I don't think there are any duplicate TPR roles and I believe that there are five unique ones. If there would be any duplicates, the game would be unbalanced.