Knocking on Heaven's Gate - A Mafia-Less Mafia Game - OVER - Cult Wins

What should I do with this game if we don't get any more people?

• Shut It Down

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Transform It Into Standard

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I Don't Care

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
sigh

Well, to be fair, we didn’t have a high chance of lynching scum, but considering how Foolhard was acting, I think he would have been a possible lynch today if he wasn’t lynched yesterday. I didn’t think we’d lynch a TPR on the first round though....We’ll have to be more careful from here on out.

Godot being attacked and healed means we have either a a Doctor or a Weak Doctor, which is great. Managing to guess who the Serial Killer planned on targeting was a clutch play on the Doctor’s part. (I’m going to presume any attempted murders are done by the Serial Killer until we get proof of either a Vigilante or a Jailor. Considering there’s only three unknown TPRs at this point, it’s unlikely that we have either.)

I had half of my reads list typed out, but then I couldn’t find it, so I’ll have to type it out again. Sorry to make y’all wait on that.

Nothing happened to me last night either.

Typhlosion

The Perfect Ruler
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Nothing happened to me last night either. Of all the people to be targets of multiple night actions I honestly didn't expect it to be Godot, but I'm sure glad it worked out in our favor anyhow.
Nothing happened to me.

SK's target being healed is a great thing.
Do we know it was the SK who attacked him?

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
I don't know what role attacked me. Could have been Vig, could have been SK. Sufficed to say now I'm a little more paranoid than I was on Day 1.

Typhlosion

The Perfect Ruler
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
So yes, looking at the role list it does appear that we have to have either a Doctor or a Weak Doctor. It's worth keeping in mind that, should it ever be proven that we have a WD, this basically confirms Godot as Town since otherwise the WD would have died (and Godot himself would most likely be dead as well, depending on how the mechanics work exactly).

Mystical

Glutu Malu Soñi
Cult Classic
sigh
Guess I gonna /Unvote then. And since it looks like most of us see Foolhard as the suspicious one, I've got no choice but to /Vote Foolhard here. :pensiveazurill:
This post looks funny to me. I know you explained it to Vivid, SAF, but I'm not really sure I like the "I've got no choice" part. You always have a choice. You then said "should I unvote then?" like you were looking for approval, but if you're town and helping, then you don't need approval. Then, when pressed, you echoed Ben "I have the same concern as Typhlosion". But it didn't sound like it when you first posted "I guess I don't have a choice."

@Ben no, we don't know for sure. It could have been vig, I guess. But why would vig shoot this early? And yeah, I agree with you, I didn't really think Godot would be a target.

Also, as Varhii explained it, the weak doctor would still save their target even if the target wasn't town.

Felly

loony & loopy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
@Varhii Your post for starting day 2 says the day ends on March 16th at midnight EST, but your first post says days are supposed to be 72 hours until we reach end game. Might wanna fix that.

Also, agreed with Isa that SAF seems suspicious. Didn't elaborate too much in my last post because I posted at literally the last minute, but like I'd said, just jumping on the bandwagon for Foolhard seems suspicious, and like Isa pointed out, he seemed kinda wishy-washy on voting when it was called out, almost like he was seeking approval. The thing about not having a choice is what gets me though because you always have a choice in Mafia; you can choose to lynch or choose not to lynch. No one was really forcing the lynch, at least from what I could see, and the worst that would've happened was we wouldn't have lynched day 1 if we didn't get the 6 votes for Foolhard. So I guess my question for @SAF is why did you feel like you had to lynch day 1, and then get wishy-washy about it when confronted?

Sucks that we hit a TPR on day 1, so we should be more careful with our future lynches. At least now we know what one of them was. And we've revealed a doctor through Godot, so that's also helpful. I'm wondering why Godot was targeted though; I don't remember anyone considering him sus day 1, but I'll have to go back through day 1 to double check that later.

Nothing happened to me either last night.

Typhlosion

The Perfect Ruler
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I really wish Foolhard would've claimed tbh. If I had the possibility of gunsmith to consider I would not have been so eager to lynch at all, as opposed to him looking more and more shifty by trying to dodge all our scrutiny. But, whatever.

My tomorrow looks pretty stacked and Sunday is a travel day, so we'll see what I can get done. At the very least I'll be reading and thinking about this.

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Oh, well, looks like I've been cornered here. :pensiveazurill:
I mean, how could we all know that Foolhard was a TPR without him claiming to begin with? And with me just following others too :pensiveazurill:

Felly

loony & loopy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Went back and read through day 1 like I said I would, and here we go:

• Lulu considered Godot sus on day 1, but it was a wild guess so that's probably nothing to go off of at all.
• Godot did consider Biohazard sus though, but again, it was a wild guess based on her desire to lynch day 1, so again, probably nothing to go off of there either.
• Godot was also sus about Ben's posts reading town to conceal his identity as a non-town role.

None of this will probably be super helpful right now, unless Bio or Ben went in for a revenge attack for being considered sus. It's worth noting tho that Godot did out himself as town on day 1, and so that probably put a big ol' target on his back for the SK (assuming that's who targeted him) to try and shoot. Doctor clearly made a lucky call in protecting him.

That's about all I have for right now; there hasn't been too much said as of right now, and I kinda want to wait for SAF to reply to my question towards her (as well as the overall suspicion towards her) before I proceed too much farther. The last post I see from her (the one right above mine) kinda doesn't sit well with me because it doesn't really respond to any of the suspicion put on her, and it just seems to concede to the suspicions put on her from the end of day 1 and the start of day 2. It's early in the day phase though, so there's still time to discuss; I won't ramp up the pressure just yet.

i clearly need to start taking notes for my posts tho lmao

Mystical

Glutu Malu Soñi
Cult Classic
I mean, how could we all know that Foolhard was a TPR without him claiming to begin with? And with me just following others too :pensiveazurill:
Cornered? There's no 'cornered' about it lol unless you have something to hide. Like, there hasn't even been a vote against you. If you're town then don't play the victim card and help. I see you still haven't answered Felly's question, by the way.

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sorry about that, @Mystical @Felly. I just kinda felt the urge to bandwagon but couldn't find a good way to justify it. :pensiveazurill:

Rest assured, though, I wasn't the one who tried to kill Godot. That, and nothing happened to me either.

Moonwatcher

Darkness will rise to bring the light.
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Well isn't this just great. This is why I didn't want a day 1 lynch. You went and Lynched a TPR without even giving him a chance to claim or defend himself. Good going.

Ok, one thing to keep in mind is that most likely, CL recruited someone last night. Probably someone active, so they can sway the votes easier, but not so much so that they are a likely SK target. I'm gonna say that Typholsion and Mystical seem too high profile as targets, and Lulu SAF and Godot more likely to be Lynched, leaving Luke Strife, Vivid Stardust, Biohazard, Felly and Myself as most likely potential Cult.

@SAF, you are saying exactly the wrong things. Don't try to persuade people by saying you aren't -insert role here-, prove it with good believable reasoning for your actions. And whatever you do, do not bandwagon without good justification.

Oh, and nothing happened to me last night.

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
Sorry about that, @Mystical @Felly. I just kinda felt the urge to bandwagon but couldn't find a good way to justify it. :pensiveazurill:

Rest assured, though, I wasn't the one who tried to kill Godot. That, and nothing happened to me either.
Okay okay. If you don't believe me, then lynch me already. I don't mind.
So all you were doing was jumping on a bandwagon with hardly any suspicions because you felt the urge too...?
This, my friends, is how you definitely do NOT play the game -_-
Plus you're not defending yourself. Like, at all.
And you weren't cornered in that first post. You had no votes on you and all they were asking for was reasoning, even if you don't have a "good way to justify it"

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Time Zone
GMT
Nothing happened to me last night.

I do not like this defeatist attitude at all. The game is still early, fight for your survival just like everyone else!

SAF, the best advice I can give is if you're asked questions, please respond to them and not avoid them. You're allowed your own opinions on matters. Nothing says you have to do a thing, just because lots of other people are. I mean it turned out not to matter in this instance, since Felly also added an extra vote, but still, it undeniably contributed. Try not to be so defensive.

Biohazard

Somebody is digging my bones
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Wiktoria, Lycoris
Time Zone
UTC+2
So with Godot being healed, we know that we either have a Doctor or a Weak Doctor, which is a great thing because we know that they are in the game and SKs victim has been healed.

I don't like this post. You want to be lynched because people don't "believe" you? You know that you aren't defending yourself this way, right?

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
SAF, your defense doesn't read like a proper defense in the slightest. You're not really giving us anything to go on and then leapt immediately to inviting town to lynch you if we don't buy your story... Foolhard didn't even answer questions and his defense was still laid out a little better than this.

We definitely have a doc of some sort, but we can't know what type for sure if they don't reveal. And revealing would paint a target on their back.

Mystical

Glutu Malu Soñi
Cult Classic
/Vote SAF

._. honestly. I don't think this is getting us anywhere. SAF you did promise a list of reads and we still don't have those. And you said you'd have them by this point. Come on, if you don't know how to defend yourself then at least contribute in some other way.

@Moonwatcher I'll keep that in mind, but for now I'm more concerned about CL and SK. Also, yes, lynching gunsmith was bad news, but I think we did gain at least a bit out of it, with who voted and for what reasons and who abstained and for what reasons.

I'll be back later with more.

Typhlosion

The Perfect Ruler
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I'm not going to rehash the things other people have pointed out already, but I agree 100% with what y'all are saying about SAF. I wouldn't be set on a lynch yet, because unlike Foolhard she's around enough that we know she could be playing if she wanted to. I just want to poke more at this and find out what's up with the annoying defeatist attitude. We don't even have a claim or a vote yet; why the heck is she saying she's okay with us lynching her? A weird thought just popped into my head, maybe SAF got culted last night and now she wants to be lynched because she's confused about how to play or has some conflicted loyalty thing going on. But that might count as throwing the game, hmm.

Okay nvm there is one vote on her now. But still.
None of this will probably be super helpful right now, unless Bio or Ben went in for a revenge attack for being considered sus. It's worth noting tho that Godot did out himself as town on day 1, and so that probably put a big ol' target on his back for the SK (assuming that's who targeted him) to try and shoot. Doctor clearly made a lucky call in protecting him.
What do you mean when you say that Godot outed himself as Town on Day 1? Somebody saying "haha I'm Town I'm on your side" counts for nothing in this game; anyone can do that and most people do. Given the events of last night I agree he is most likely town, but I don't see how this has anything to do with D1.
Well isn't this just great. This is why I didn't want a day 1 lynch. You went and Lynched a TPR without even giving him a chance to claim or defend himself. Good going.

Ok, one thing to keep in mind is that most likely, CL recruited someone last night. Probably someone active, so they can sway the votes easier, but not so much so that they are a likely SK target. I'm gonna say that Typholsion and Mystical seem too high profile as targets, and Lulu SAF and Godot more likely to be Lynched, leaving Luke Strife, Vivid Stardust, Biohazard, Felly and Myself as most likely potential Cult.

@SAF, you are saying exactly the wrong things. Don't try to persuade people by saying you aren't -insert role here-, prove it with good believable reasoning for your actions. And whatever you do, do not bandwagon without good justification.

Oh, and nothing happened to me last night.
I agree with most of your post. The bolded line, however, reaaaally grinds my gears. Someone who had two mafia posts in the entirety of the 72-hour day phase has absolutely NO right to complain or criticize the way the game is going. If you don't like it your butt should have been here. And if you've been reading back and understanding the game here at all, you'll know the reason we lynched Foolhard is because we gave him MULTIPLE opportunities to claim and/or defend himself, and he didn't. So yeah, I expect to see a hell of a lot more out of you today.

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Oh right, I was going to post impressions of y'all. By which I mean short opinions of what I've seen from each of ya so far.
Isa, you definitely give off a town vibe having been rather patient with those of us who are newer. Biohazard you come across as neutral leaning town so far. Ben I'm not sure about but I don't feel like you're entirely untrustworthy. I'll post more opinions as I notice them, keep in mind this is all conjecture atm.