Leaving or Taking a Break? The Official Leaving Thread

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Will you be taking your leave of the Marriland forums and wish to say goodbye? This is the thread to do that. Whether you're leaving permanently, or just need to take a break for a while, you're welcome to post your farewell messages here. All we ask if you follow a few simple rules in your post.

#1. Keep It Classy
If you're leaving out of anger, hostility, frustration, or other negative emotions, we ask that you take a few deep breaths before posting something you'll regret. If your post is seen as flaming other members or breaks any other forum rules, your post will be removed.

#2. No Short Breaks
Going on a vacation and can't access the forums for a bit? That's all well and good, but this is not the place for that. This thread is for breaks that will last at least 2 weeks. Use common sense and your own discretion when thinking about how long you will be gone.

#3. No Discussion
Do not respond to another member's leaving post. Unrelated posts or responses will be automatically deleted by staff, and might result in a warning. We recommend sending users a private message if you want to respond to their leaving post.

Thank you for your time spent on the Marriland forums, and farewell! We'll miss you! ♥

Last edited by a moderator:

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
I'm going to be taking a break for a while, it probably won't be too long but I've got no idea yet. Since I went from doing nothing to doing full time school and work, I've been neglecting the burn out's effect more than it I should. I also couldn't stop thinking about some of the past discussions that took place, and to be honest I haven't really gotten over it. Some of the things that were said still bother and upset me way more than it should, so I feel like I need to distance myself for a while.

bye bye for now :happyazurill:

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Right now, things are not well for me and I need to leave the forums, plain and simple. I don't know when I'll be back. I'm muting all Discord servers as well. People can get in contact with me on Discord by DMing me if necessary.

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
So I’m doing a lot of irl stuff, and that leaves not much time for things here. So I’m gonna be off for a while. I’ll probably be back at some point:)
I’m still on discord for anyone wanting to chat, I’m just not going to be online that often. See ya around!

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
This thought has been on my mind for a while, but I really need a break from the internet. My mental health is a mess (depression has been up for the last month) and I need to put getting help as my first priority. I hope to see all of you soon!

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I've been thinking about doing this for awhile, but I feel now is the right time. I'm leaving the forums. Whether it's temporary or permanent, I don't know and frankly, at the moment, I don't care. I used to really enjoy being on the forums, but for the past few months, the forums have gradually just turned into an unwelcoming place which I struggle to really to find any enjoyment in.

More and more, it's become clear there's a clique of people who're alienating anybody who doesn't fit in with them and making these forums a negative place for these individuals to be around. For a forum that used to be so welcoming, it's disheartening how unwelcoming and negative it's become. Unsurprisingly, the activity of the forums is back to where it was when we were still Azurilland. A lot of people don't want to be in this kind of environment, and I don't blame them one bit.

I implore the staff to actually realize what is happening and think carefully about what they want for the future of these forums. The forums are dying, and will die, if things continue the way they are. If you'd rather have a dying forum just so you and your buds can have a safe haven and push anybody who doesn't fit in with you out, so be it. But if you want the forums to actually grow and be a welcoming place that's inclusive of all members and last for years to come, then I hope you change the way things have been going.

I know who my friends are, and I know I can contact them on Discord. I hope those people know that none of this is on them. They are wonderful people, and I'm glad they are in my life. <3

Anybody who actually wants to talk with me can get in touch on Discord. See ya later.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
I'm leaving the forums. I've used to think that the forums were my second home, but because the forums have been becoming a more unwelcoming place, I've decided to leave. The forums have become more cliquey and I don't feel comfortable in an elitist place. Because of this, the forums are regressing in my own opinion and if it doesn't change, it's gonna still regress. Most people are leaving because they dislike in being an elitist and cliquey place. Marriland is dying because of that and other Pokémon forums like PokéCommunity for example are growing because PokéCommunity isn't cliquey like Marriland. I know I'm being harsh, but that's the truth. If you don't want the forums to die, you should work on the community to become a more welcoming place.

Goodbye.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
...My time here's been strange. I've been interacting with folks here less and less, activity's been dwindling all over the site, the one RP I was in is dead, and I've been wasting my own time writing lengthy reviews that don't matter (and I'd come to hate the amount of work I was putting into them). I haven't experienced any problems with site management, although some of the users I had the most communication on here with did and left. It pains me to say this, but it's best that I leave now. Before my personal activity on the site dwindles to the point where I might've well had left anyway. That said it was (in my experience) nice being back and my presence here did help me deal with last year's flood, so I wish y'all the best. Farewell.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
hey queens

basically i’m leavin. no dramatic reason. just wanna focus more on myself and my friends. admittedly, i do agree with a lot of what others have said above, so i’m not gonna beat a dead horse or whatever and regurgitate all that

so ya. hope the forums works out for y’all. it just doesn’t for me anymore. i’ll keep in touch with most of u

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Yeah.

I could echo what others have said about the kind of place the forums have become, lord knows I've had my problems, but the crux of it is that... I'm just not having fun anymore. I don't regret the years I've spent as part of this community, but it's time for these bones to rattle on off. I might come back some day, I might not. I'm still on Discord if anyone wants to get in touch with me.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
As the site dwindled in activity over the last few months, I've felt less motivated to visit the website. Most of my friends and acquaintances have also left. While I haven't had any direct issues with the growing clique, I can tell I am not welcome and am largely ignored. I hope the newer members can help make Marriland the welcoming place it once was. It was a wonderful place to meet new people and I would love for it to be the same for others. If the site grows or becomes less alienating, I'd be more than happy to return. Until then, I am always available on Lake Valor and Discord. Thanks for helping me open up Marriland.

JunkDog

Official Forum Lurker
AKA
Spartan, (Formerly) Tom
Time Zone
GMT
Where to start?

It's been a long time coming, I suppose, and I've sorta neglected this forum due to the fact that I have a busy Uni course, a life outside that, and that I'm now a part of a different circle of internet friends. You've all been a formative part of my teenage years, and some of you have been there when I was in my darkest times, and for that, I am forever grateful. Hell, I might drop a message to a few of you every now and then just to check in, but all good things must come to an end. A further point I'd like to mention was that I was occasionally lashing out with negative emotion here and there in different places due to a real bad patch in my mental health, although that is no excuse. I do apologise for anyone that was on the recieving end of that.

A quick update on where I'm at now, for those interested:
I'm living in a houseshare with Uni friends, and I currently study Game Design and Creative Writing. I've published my first video game last summer, I have a semi-professional home studio for voice acting, and I've been successfully running a My Hero Academia Discord Roleplaying server for over two years, and it's still going as strong as ever. I've been diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety, and I've had therapy that has helped me develop some strategies to deal with it.

I am going to miss many of you. I fondly remember the days of RPs, of fun little games and the chats on Skype and Discord. The petty drama, the intense discussions, the memes... Where did all the time go, huh?

A few particular shoutouts I'd like to give. I don't know if you're even here, or what names you go by on this website, so I'll use the names that I remember you by:
B0ss. You're hilarious. I still follow your badposting facebook account and the memes are appreciated.
Benny. That is to say, British Benny. You're a good lad. We had a fun sesh when we hung out, and I'm sorry I threw up in your toilet. Thanks for looking after me. Past that, you were a solid voice of reason, and always good for a laugh. Keep killing it, g.
Solar/Molly. Your creativity knows no bounds and I pray that you've dragged yourself out of whatever depressive episodes you may have found yourself in. My DMs are always open on Discord if you need someone to chat to, and I look forward to one day hearing that final Theatrical Company release of Pokemon Black and White. Hell, I'd even redo my lines at this point, I've got a much better setup and vocal range these days.
Jaye/Michelle. You were my most trusted confidant, once upon a time, and though some old wounds don't heal, to hear from you again more often would be comforting. I hope you're doing well, wherever you are. And I'm sorry, wholeheartedly, for any action I might've done that put some distance between us. You are a clever, creative and brilliant person, and I often wonder how you are doing.
Nictherat. I'm sorry our small bromance grew distant. I was in a bad place at the time, and though I think the parting was ultimately healthy for both us, I bear no ill will towards you. Good luck with whatever it is you're doing.

To everyone else, you are wonderful people and I wish you nothing but the best in life. I thank you all for growing up alongside me.
As a final parting mention; I came out as Nonbinary about a month or so ago, and I now go by the name Harper.

If you wish to reach out to me at all, please contact me on Discord: @JunkDog8000

Stay humble, stay awesome, and enjoy the next decade.
Harper, TheSpartanWolf, Spartan, WinterKaiser, TheJunkDog.

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
Hey, gang! This has been a bit of a long time coming. I've been basically nonexistent over here for a while now besides a post here and there in the RP boards, so I'll make it official, I guess. With my college schedule (music ed. major weeeeee) and other things in real life ramping up, I'm going to step away from the forums for the time being. I want to put my best foot forward irl so I can be as successful as possible in college/life and I don't really want to be distracted.

I doubt this is a permanent goodbye - I'll still lurk the forums and Discord here and then and my DMs are always open. Maybe I'll be back in the summer or after college? I can't be sure. But a huge THANK YOU is in store for everyone who I've met through this site for being some of the coolest people around. I've been a part of this community since middle school and I definitely think that I've grown as a result. I'll hold the memories of RP's, movie nights, MarriProms, and G&OR memery in a special place in my heart. I've been happy to stay out of drama for the most part and I'm happy to be leaving on a high note on the brink of what I think could be the most important time in my life.

But if I don't see some of you again, I love you all like a family. Keep on keeping on and remember to enjoy the little things in life.

Cheers!

-Ben :jirachi:

AndyBananny

Beginner Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Hey everyone, just stopping by to goodbye.

A long, long time ago I lived here. However, I'm in a different season of life, and have not always thought like I now think.

What used to be the center of my life has gradually become my life's disdain.

Nothing personal. It's simply that my convictions will not allow me to enjoy Pokemon anymore. It's wicked and against the Bible, but I'm not here to bash people. My battle isn't with anyone. I'm just saying why I cannot be here.

If anyone is genuinely interested and would like to know more about what I just said, feel free to email me @ washington.andy417@gmail.com.

Nostalgia is a great deceiver, and to hold onto the past prevents reaching for the future.

Last edited: