🌸 Let's Go, Solar! (no seriously hurry up) 🌸

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt

A new Pokémon game is here! I've really been looking forward to these games, and it only felt right to document my first playthrough here on the forums just like I did when I played Ultra Sun. Together, me and my trusty sidekick Mr. Pickle are diving back into the Kanto region to see what's new to explore and make some new Pokémon friends! If you aren't sure who Mr. Pickle is, he is my old Arbok friend/god/demon who likes tagging along on my Pokémon adventures. He is an extremely friendly snake!
Solar: Are you excited about our upcoming Pokémon adventure, Mr. Pickle?!
Mr. Pickle: go **** yourself

This will be a simple, casual, no big deal playthrough of Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! I would ask you to keep a few things in mind before you post in this thread:
🌸 No spoilers! It's my first playthrough, don't tell me anything unless I ask.

🌸 No negativity! I don't care if you don't like this game, I do (:

🌸 This thread will NOT be spoiler free, and I won't be tagging any spoilers, so read at your own risk. All my update titles will include my current in-game location, so hopefully that will help.

🌸 If you're at a similar point of the game as me and want to battle or trade, please tell me! I would love to!
That's all! Thank you for reading if you do ♥

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
One Reserve! :eevee: :ekans:

das it ♥ I'll update tomorrow when I get the game.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Mr. Pickle is so mean! :madazurill:

Although I am excited to watch this playthrough unfold!

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Update #1: Pewter City

oh boy oh boy oh BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY

I'm very excited to finally have this game and play it. There's no better day for me then the day a new Pokémon game comes out and I get to rush to GameStop in the morning and pick it up!! I came home and booted it up straight away.

The opening cinematic started and I screamed because it was so cute. They ask me if I'm ready to start a journey with Pokémon and I simply respond: I was born ready.

I decided to hook up the Pokéball Plus immediately, because I was dying to try it out. First impression it was a little hard to move around at first, but I got used to it. I'm a little bummed that there's no way to hit other buttons like Y? Because there were a lot of game options like "Press Y to look at info" but...I have no Y button. Maybe there's a trick to it, idk.

Anyway stuff happens, we go out into the wilderness, and we GET EEVEE. And then the Pokéball BOUNCES AROUND BACK TO THE LAB. Honestly whoever thought of this was a genius. We get our Eevee and I decide to name her Holly because I love that name. She's so cool and cute!! We became very fast friends.

By the way, you should know that I love Trace with every fiber of my heart. I named him Tracy, because that's what I named my rival in my first playthrough of Diamond & Pearl so I thought it was fitting. I want to give him hugs.

It wasn't long before we were able to start catching Pokémon. I actually don't mind this mechanic at all and think it's pretty fun. Gives your Pokémon some nice experience too which I appreciate. I caught a TON of Pokémon, since I'm trying to catch them all B) I got your standard Pidgey, Ratatta, and Bellsprout which was a happy addition. I named my Bellsprout Banshee and she might stick around for a while. I caught a second Bellsprout and traded it to @Bones Barlow for an Oddish, since it's a Pikachu exclusive. Gloom is one of my top favorite Pokémon of all time, so I had to have it! Bones named it Nectar, and I'm happy with it.

For this playthrough I'm going freestyle, which I like doing on my first run of a new game. I just catch whatever Pokémon I want, and just see whatever sticks. So at the bottom of all my posts you're gonna see whoever happens to be in my party at the time of an update. I wonder who will stay? All I know if that I'm definitely using Holly the entire game, because she is my baby and I love her.

But that's not the only cool Pokémon I got. Since I have the Pokéball Plus, I got a mystery gift MEW!!! It's Level 1 and honestly...I put it in my party. Will I use it forever? Maybe. It's adorable. When you have Mew follow you, it flies all around you and ahead of you and does cute things and aaaaaaaaaa it's just my favorite thing. It only has pound right now, but it's still very strong. I named my Mew Mochi and I love her.

Viridian Forest was pretty simple, though I did get frustrated over the BEEDRILL in the area that I kept trying to catch but were running away from me because aiming the Pokéball was kinda hard.

Mr. Pickle: lol get gud
Solar: Oh you're here. Where are you in this game?
Mr. Pickle: lol idk
Solar: ...So why are you bothering me
Mr. Pickle: get gud
Solar: ................k

ANYWAY since Beedrill wasn't working out, I put Metapod (Margarine) and Kakuna (Bees) on my team so they could eventually evolve and fill my Pokédex so I don't have to mess with that. I have a sinking feeling that Pokémon are gonna get harder to catch as the game goes on so I am afraid. I gotta get gud, as Mr. Pickle puts it.

We got to Pewter City and poked around a little bit, babysat a Slowpoke which was the highlight of my entire month, and then we got to challenge Brock. I have two Grass-types on my team so do I really need to talk about it? Really? Do I really gotta? Well, I swept him the heck up. Don't underestimate the power of Banshee the Bellsprout and Nectar the Oddish.

After the gym I went outside AND MY HUSBAND SHOWED UP MY FAVORITE POKEMON CHARACTER IN THE HISTORY OF LIFE ;LKJSDF;LKASJDFKL; I didn't expect to see him this soon and I crapped myself I'm SO HAPPY I love him SO MUCH and he's SO HANDSOME. I made me so happy that I had to take a break and write this because I feel like I peaked.

I love this game so much man. Idk why people are butts about it, but I don't care so (: have fun wallowing in your negativity I'm PLAYING SOME POKEMON.

That's all I have for now I'm gonna go play some more BYE o/

🌸 :eevee: :mew: :oddish: :bellsprout: :kakuna: :metapod: 🌸

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i love how your team is all of these cute really simple pokemon you get early on and then a ***** mew asdghllkhdafdjjgvhgd

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Update #2: Route 6

Let's talk about Mt. Moon real quick because first of all, #MyTeamRocket is there being amazing and I love them. I'm kinda disappointed Meowth doesn't talk but I guess you can't have it all.

That isn't the biggest news I have on Mt. Moon tho, by some grace of god I somehow managed to catch a CHANSEY?! A MCFREAKIN' CHANSEY!!! ON MT. MOON!! WAT!!! Apparently Chansey is just a vaguely rare Pokémon in this game that shows up everywhere, and I am astonished. I named her Sunny...because she's gonna serve justice Sunny-side up. :coolazurill:

Then something else crazy happened on Mt. Moon, when I was about to leave, an Onix just spawned right on top of my body and I caught it. So that's not one, but TWO crazy weird encounters on Mt. Moon. I didn't expect to have an Onix at this point of the game at all, and I am pleased. I named him Fox.

Mr. Pickle: what the ****
Solar: What???
Mr. Pickle: so you're not gonna tell them that you caught me BEFORE you got to Mt. Moon or what?
Solar: Oh I actually forgot lol
Mr. Pickle: well then I forgot to fix your break tires, oops
Solar: You don't even have hands

Yes, I forgot to mention that I found Mr. Pickle slunking around outside Mt. Moon acting cranky as usual. Mr. Pickle will be staying on our team the entire journey, mostly because he's holding me at gun point. I'm happy to have caught him!

Cutie patootie Tracy ran up to me on Nugget Bridge and told me that Bill scared him. I gave him candy and he ran off like a good boy. Friendly reminder that I would die for him.

Battling with my new team members has been fun, even if some of them won't be around forever. Mr. Pickle isn't anything knew, I've used him in many different playthroughs and I'm used to his snake-like quirks.

Mr. Pickle: suck my toes, moderator

Sunny the Chansey is very interesting. I've used Chansey before but I prefer Blissey. She's not perfect yet, but I think she just needs the right moveset. Luckily I got the TM for Seismic Toss, so we're halfway there! We'll see if she sticks around.

Fox may be a big giant boulder snake, and he may he a lot of fun to use, but he is just a baby. Definitely needs to get a couple more levels in him, but he's far from being bad! I actually have him in my Pokéball Plus right now as I write this, which will hopefully boost him up a bit.

I also caught a friendly new member of the team, Meowth! I love Meowth so much, especially Persian. I named this little troublemaker Barry, and he's gonna fine you 1,000,000 dollars on Pay Day.

After clearing some trainers out above Cerulean, helping Bill out with his failed experiment, and getting my team situated, I went to fight Misty. This fight wasn't very difficult, because I used Nectar the Oddish again. After the battle, Nectar evolved into one of my all time favorite Pokémon, GLOOM! If she stays in the party, she's definitely never going to evolve. She's very strong too, because she was traded to me.

After all the business in Cerulean was done, I headed down south towards the Day Care and caught another potential new Pokémon: Vulpix!!!!! I named him Emerald. I also caught a couple more, because I'm very curious if I can trade for an Alolan one later...?

The underground pass was really cute, because an NPC told me that Eevee can watch for hidden items! That's so cool. That was definitely really helpful in getting all the hidden goodies down there.

And now my game is saved on Route 6, and I'm about to arrive in Vermillion. Hopefully Rocky gets strong enough to help me beat the next gym! I think I'm gonna need him. For now, I have 7 Pokémon squad members on rotation and we'll see who else we find!

🌸 :eevee::ekans::gloom::chansey::onix::meowth::vulpix::mew:🌸

Last edited:

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
new game: take a shot everytime you talk about how much you love tracy

also barry the meowth omg

Pendraflare

Guardian
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
This has been a pretty fun read, I will say. ;'D It is great that you're enjoying the game! Chansey is pretty interesting, admittedly, over the top HP and great Sp Def but no Defense to speak of. This team does fit you quite well! I look forward to reading more. :happyazurill:

Lorekeeper

Rookie Trainer
I love to see meowth on your team! Its one of my favorites! I am surprised at how much you like Trace. He seems ok to me but I have been going through the game with a friend and she and I talked about how much we loved Bill's look and then proceeded to fan girl at Blue so I can't say I don't know what its like to love a character so much. I am really glad your having fun so far though.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
aaaa whoops I didn't watch this thread!!

I'm enjoying reading this. I feel the hype with you! Trace is really cool.

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Update #3: Celadon City

h...hahaha....ha...I uh....forgot to update in a while huh....

Ok so listen. I've been playing a lot and am very addicted, I expected this to happen. Naturally, A LOT has happened since my last update. I will inform you of all the important details!

The best thing that happened in Vermillion City was a woman who, after showing her that I caught 5 Meowths, gave me an ARCANINE?!?!?!/11111111111111 WHAT?! Color me surprised. I had this guy on my team for a while, but the main problem was he was only an Arcanine at Lvl. 16, so he couldn't learn any more moves. But he was so much fun to ride on!!! I love him SO MUCH.

Mr. Pickle: you're such a furry lol
Solar: yeah what's it to ya
Mr. Pickle: I'm making fun of you
Solar: ok
Mr. Pickle: get your feelings hurt!!!!!!!
Solar: no
Mr. Pickle: when did you become such a pleb
Solar: After traveling with you through 3 entire Pokémon regions
Mr. Pickle: I mean ok fair

Speaking of Mr. Pickle's interruptions, while we were venturing east of Vermillion, the little snake decided to finally evolve into big snake. It was about time. It's nice having him in his regular condition again. I'm pretty used to using him by now, since I've used him several times in the past couple games I've played, so even though he's incredibly predictable, he is very strong.

Mr. Pickle: I don't know if I should stay thank you or **** you

Anyway, we'll flashforward past the S.S. Anne stuff (which was very nice, Mina showed up btw lol) and skip to when I fought Lt. Surge. He actually completely destroyed my entire team with his Raichu the first time I fought him. This includes my overpowered Eevee, a Chansey, an Arbok, an overleveled Gloom, and an Arcanine. THIS GAME IS SO EASY YOU GUYS I CAN'T BELIEVE GAMEFREAK IS BEING SO HAND HOLDEY NOW WOW 0/10 NOT BUYING THIS GAME KAPPA. Luckily I managed to beat him on my second try, but it was not without a workout. If this had been a Nuzlocke that woulda been a disaster.

On the way to the Rock Tunnel, we encountered one of my FAVORITE Kanto characters ever, Lorelei. A lot of high pitched noises came out of my mouth when I saw her. I love her SOOO much. I first saw her in the anime as "Prima", and then the first time I played FireRed I saw her in the Elite Four, and I'll never forget my happy reaction. I just though, "Oh yeah, HER! From the anime!!!!!". She's honest to god one of my favorite characters in the game. Red and Green are my husbands for life, but Lorelei...oh Lorelei....*sighs happily*

Went through Rock Tunnel, did some stuff in Lavender Tower, saw Trace who I love and adore deeply and is still my favorite new thing about this game (take a shot, smoky). Also, when I arrived at Lavender Town, Barry the Meowth evolved into a Persian! Did you know that you can RIDE PERSIAN?!!!? It's the best thing ever. Why do people not want this game YOU CAN RIDE PERSIAN!!!!!

But I didn't spend a lot of time in Lavender Town at first, because I had a very important mission. I need to get my favorite Pokémon of all time: Vaporeon. So, it's time to go to Celadon City and get my free gift Eevee!

...Right?!

Nope. They got rid of the gift Eevee, instead giving you a TM for Play Rough. It's nice, but it's not Eevee. Give me Eevee. Turns out, I can't get Eevee until I get to Route 17, which also has another Pokémon I want to add to my team. No problem though, that's west of Celadon City, so I'll just run over there on my Persian!

:snorlax: NOPE. THERE'S A BIG OL' LARD IN THE WAY. GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was very frustrated because I really wanted these two Pokémon. But whatever, I went down to the Rocket Hideout below the Game Corner (which I'm glad is still here, and it's an Arcade! That's awesome), got the Silph thing, went to the Lavender Tower and got the Pokémon Flute. Now, I realize that I just skipped several hours of gameplay, but there's not much to talk about, other than these two key facts:

• I got to control Holly and climb around the vents
  • Trace is cute and I love him
So long story short, I used the flute on Snorlax so he'd get out the way, and I even managed to catch him! I had to soft reset once though, because even though I managed to knock the Snorlax out, he ran away while I was trying to catch him. I think it's kinda cool that you can battle a Pokémon and then try to catch them as normal? That's probably how the legendaries are going to work, too. I don't hate it, at least you get to battle these guys! I can't wait to go bird hunting later in the game.

With Snorlax out of the way, I can finally, FINALLY, get onto the route I've been waiting on for the entire game, and catch my new beloved Pokémon. First, I caught a Rapidash! That's right, not a Ponyta, a full on Rapidash! Why not use the big girl? Her name is Truckee, after a city in California that means a lot to me. I love riding around on her!!

And last but not least, the final new member of my team, the Pokémon I've been waiting the entire game to catch, my favorite Pokémon of all time. Vaporeon. I caught an Eevee, and I didn't waste any time evolving it. And what did I nickname my new found best friend? Well, historically, every Vaporeon I use in a playthrough has a special name after some kind of fictional character that I love. I have MANY Vaporeons. But this one, I decided to nickname Symmetra.

Mr. Pickle: lmao of course you're a symmetra main...scrub
Solar: And who do you main in Overwatch, Mr. Pickle?
Mr. Pickle: Soraka

My team now feels permanent. I had a lot of Pokémon on rotation, so it's nice to have a little bit of consistency. I'll introduce them all to you again: Holly the Eevee, Nectar the Gloom, Barry the Persian, Mr. Pickle the asshole, Truckee the Rapidash, and Symmetra the Vaporeon. This is squad.

To celebrate the formation of #Squad, I decided to finally challenge Erika. It wasn't until the first trainer sent out her Pokémon that it dawned on me how far ahead I was. I think I was supposed to fight this gym a lot....A LOT sooner. But it's ok! It was a great time to use Truckee and absolutely wreck. Needless to say, I beat this gym.

The levels of my Pokémon are all over the place, especially Nectar, because she was traded to me from Bones. Nectar is level freaking 40. 40!!! I just defeated ERIKA, and I have a Pokémon who is level 40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS HAPPENING. I think this is literally the first Pokémon game I've ever played where that's happened to me by Badge 40. Don't think I'm upset about this though, it's being strong, because this game is not easy. Anyone who thinks the difficulty in this game has been dummed down for audiences...I don't know what to tell you, fam. It ain't. Sure it's not Black and White level of difficulty, but it's not a cakewalk. I will fight you.

Anyway, now we're all finally caught up! I won't be able to update until next week because of Thanksgiving, but I will keep playing and hopefully update you soon! Thank you for reading, I am thankful for you all. Byeee!

🌸 :eevee: :arbok: :vaporeon: :gloom: :persian: :rapidash: 🌸

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Mr. Pickle: lmao of course you're a symmetra main...scrub
Solar: And who do you main in Overwatch, Mr. Pickle?
Mr. Pickle: Soraka
mr. pickle is my #2 snek

loving the updates molly, keep 'em coming!!!

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Update #4: Fuschia City

Had a very memorable Thanksgiving weekend, I'll tell you that! First off, I made some even more dramatic changes to my team. Last time I said I was going to keep it clean? Yeah, there's no way that's happening anymore.

After using Truckee the Rapidash for a little bit, I continually found missing my true favorite Kanto Fire-type. I was missing the heck out of my Ninetales. I've always loved it, from the time when I was a kid and had it's original TCG card and just fell in love with it. I remember always waiting excitedly to see it in the anime, because I loved it to much. So I've decided to grab our cute little pal Emerald the Vulpix and see how I felt with her hanging around.

Sure enough, after clearing through Silph. Co with her, I knew I couldn't let her go. After she got high level with everyone else, I used up a Fire Stone and made Emerald into a beautiful Ninetales! I love having her around, she has some amazing fire moves like Fire Blast that completely wreck.

Silph Co. is my least favorite dungeon...probably in all of Pokémon. And that's a fact. I really, really don't like going through Silph Co. But, good news, it actually wasn't that bad! Sure it's tough keeping your chill when there's so many dumb puzzles and elevator shenanigans, but they made it a lot easier to handle this time around and I appreciate it. Making it to Giovanni didn't feel like a chore at all.

After Silph Co. I headed right for Sabrina's Gym. which had a really cool design. The fight against Sabrina wasn't actually difficult at all, though she did manage to knock out my beloved Holly.

Something else I experimented over Thanksgiving was the 2-player function! It's so seamless and easy to have your friend grab a controller and jump into the game. They seemed to have a great time doing this too, and catching and defeating Pokémon with them was magical. Their major complaint was they couldn't do anything like interact with NPC's, and were frustrated with constantly having to follow me to stay engaged. But hey, they are the "support trainer" so I guess that's why they're there...to support. This feature would be adorable if I ever saw a little kid playing this game. I'd offer to help them and be their support trainer! How cute is that?

Me and friend Hal on Thanksgiving night braved the mysterious Power Plant over in the east of Kanto. The fight against Zapdos was a lot like Snorlax, but knocking it out was pretty challenging, even for two people. But me and Hal managed to catch Zapdos, and we named it Thanksgiving in honor!

With Thanksgiving in our party, and very powerful level 50 Pokémon at our disposal, we went to Fuschia City where it was time to fight Koga. But not before exploring a very interesting area...

GO Park! This feature is very interesting. Smart phone Pokémon has never been super exciting for me, but this is an alright tie with the mobile app. Transferring your Pokémon onto an actual game is very nice. I tried it out by transferring a Bulbasaur and some Kanto fossils. It's cute! Everything annoying about it lies in the mobile app itself, not the Switch game.

Also before fighting Koga, I just couldn't help myself but to swim over to the Seafoam Islands. I had to see it! While I was there I caught another of my favorite Pokémon and current squad member, Britney the Jynx! I'm one of the only people in the world who loves Jynx, go figure. Since I love the little swishy, I'm keeping her around for a bit.

Finally at the end of the Seafoam Islands we caught Articuno! Since Zapdos is named Thanksgiving, I named this icy titan Black Friday, because it's going to offer you some incredible deals.

At last we returned to Fuschia City and fought and defeated Koga. Wasn't too bad, especially with Britney blasting them all with Psychic. Holly was also a huge help with Glitzy Glam, which I'm not gonna lie is one of my favorite new Eevee moves. So cute, and it casts Light Screen!!

That's about where I left off. I gotta say, I think I'm gonna be playing this unlike any other Pokémon game I have before. The PC is literally in my bag, I have access to any Pokémon I want at any time, so why not just use a whole bunch of Pokémon I love and see where it goes? What do I have to lose! Using lots of Pokémon is the point of the game, so let's do it!

See you next time byeeee

🌸 :eevee: :vaporeon: :arbok: :ninetales: :gloom: :persian: :zapdos: :articuno: :jynx: 🌸