Lime Spring Landscape - Pendraflare's Shield Green Mono-Color [Fireproofing!]

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So, Pokémon Sword and Shield have been out for a little while now. And yet, the fanfare they've received has not been ideal! Though most post-DS era games have been mixed for the most part, these have gotten it quite hard, even worse than the Alola games (though probably not AS much as Let's Go). But as for myself? I really haven't done too much with them either. I bought Sword on release and beat the game at the beginning of December. I then got Shield for Christmas, and did another normal playthrough. Afterwards, I kinda just forgot about the games and didn't really do anything with them. I felt more compelled to play XY and USUM instead. For perspective, before this past Monday, I had put more hours into Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX, which had been out for a little over a month AND I had put the game away for a week, than I had Let's Go Pikachu, Sword and Shield combined. But that changed when I decided to pull out Sword, feeling it had been a while. I mean, we're quarantined, and I already beat XY twice this year and I miss the chance to use the new Pokémon again, so I don't really have anything to lose. I did a Blue Mono Color, which I just beat today, and got to use a decent selection of Pokémon, even if some of them are ones I have indeed used before.

To tell you the truth, the reason it took me so long to do another run of these games isn’t because I didn’t like or enjoy them. I did. I honestly did. I mean, I liked plenty of the new Pokémon, the Galar region was neat and the variety was pretty solid, which is something I've always liked B2W2, XY and USUM for. So I'm not as against these games like most else are. No, the reason I didn’t play these games for three months is because the idea of moving up to a new system – one much different than all the other systems that Pokémon has been played on over the years – was one I grappled with getting used to. I mean, it’s a much larger system, one you can’t bring with you quite as easily as the past ones, and that I feel like I’m constantly charging up. But it’s still a respectable system, for sure, and I’ll look forward to what it has to offer. It’s just gonna take some getting used to, is all.

But I digress. You’ll get to know more about my opinion on the game, and various aspects of it. So let’s get on with the rules, shall we?
(credit to jdthebud from PokeCommunity for most of these)
You may only use Pokémon of a certain color, according to the Pokédex. Shinies are perfectly fine, as long as either their original form or their shiny form are of the said color. You can use a previous form of a Pokémon even if it doesn't fit the color criteria as long as its evolution does. The Pokédex color list was updated with the release of Sun and Moon. There are some special rules regarding it's use for prior generations: If the Pokémon color was changed depending on the form, then you can use it as either the old color or the new color. However, if you choose to use it in the new color, you must use the form that has the color. In Alola and Galar, you must use the form that matches your color according to the color list, no matter what.

The color I will be using for this is Green. That's right, the color of grass, many trees, veggies, some bugs, and other various things out there. For that matter, here's a list of all the Pokémon evolution lines in the Galar Pokédex that can be used in this one:
Grookey, Caterpie (can only evolve to Metapod), Grubbin (can only evolve to Charjabug), Lotad, Chewtle, Oddish (must evolve to Bellossom), Budew, Electrike (can't evolve to Manectric), Golett, Natu, Bronzor, Gossifleur, Basculin, Trubbish, Milcery, Eevee (must evolve to Leafeon), Applin, Dewpider, Galarian Stunfisk, Cottonee, Solosis, Maractus, Cufant, Silicobra, Hawlucha, Trapinch, Axew, Dhelmise, Dracozolt, Dracovish, Larvitar, Dreepy

Other rules I'm using:
1. Items cannot be used from the bag in battle, other than Poke Balls of any kind, AND Poke Dolls when I am presented with overpowered Pokémon in the Wild Area. Outside of battle is just fine though, as are held items.
2. The battle style must be on Set at all times, preventing me from switching out after my opponent's Pokemon is defeated.
Additionally, while not an explicit or super concrete rule, I will also be listing the number of times each of my Pokémon faints, including those that aren't on my team at any given time. This WILL include Pokémon in Raid battles, but not from overpowered Pokémon in the Wild Area. It's nothing super serious, just there for fun.
However, I regret to inform you guys that I've pulled the plug on documenting the other Time Warp challenge I have underway on Platinum. I just couldn't get around to it, but I will be sharing it in chunks over on PokeCommunity. This is a different challenge that's getting the full treatment, though. I’ll have the first update ready soon. Hope you all enjoy it! Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Alright, how about we get this going! Enjoy.
  • So I started the game, choose the girl and named her Parsley. After the introduction with Chairman Rose, and Leon and Raihan, Hop showed up in my home. And after grabbing my bag and hat, he laughed at my bag being heavy and holding me up. Hey, haven’t you been taught manners?!
  • When we got to Postwick, Leon was already there. And so was a big crowd. You know, for an undefeated Champion, you’d expect him to be better with directions. Also, they really shove his love for Charizard down our throats. Insert the cries of “loloverrated” here.
  • But anyway, after everyone left, he left us to take our own Pokémon! I took Grookey, and named it Barrelroll. That’s right, as in DO A BARREL ROLL! I even got a female, no less. In response, Hop chose Sobble, for whatever reason, and then we were up for battle. He was handled easily enough.
  • Afterwards, there was trouble in the Slumbering Weald! At the end of the path was some weird Pokémon that my attacks just went through. And we had to be saved by… Leon and his Charizard. Who also saved the Wooloo.
  • After bidding farewell to Mom, it wasn’t long from there to the Pokémon Research Lab, where we met Leon's former rival and the professor's assistant, Sonia. She took a notice to my Rotom Phone and is an avid cooker! And she wasn't keen on Leon's intelligence either. But enough about that. She gave me the Pokédex.
  • After a couple stops, we followed Hop and Leon to Route 2, where I got a whole ton of Poke Balls! That brought us to the first Pokémon I can catch: Chewtle, a Water-type turtle. I caught it and named it Jawbreaker. Yeah, real exciting, I know. But it had Strong Jaw, which I was happy with. It wasn't long after that when I found Lotad, another Pokémon I could go with. I caught it and named it Carnitas. Maybe I could just make this a Water+Grass Duo-Type Nuzlocke instead? Also, one fortune telling NPC said that people with my birthday, which was this past Friday, will be super duper lucky! There's so much I'd love to wish for. Like things I'd want to say here but are probably best not said.
  • Going through Route 2, the trainers weren't tough, except for a Blipbug that proved an inconvenience with Struggle Bug. Thankfully, after beating it, Jawbreaker grew to Level 7 and learned a new "STAB" move in Bite.
  • At the end of the route was Professor Magnolia's house, and there we learned of her focus on the Dynamax Energy. Whatever that is. So apparently we had to be ENDORSED to compete in the Gym challenge? That's not how it used to be in our days!!! But we agreed to have a battle that hopefully would get Leon to endorse both me and Hop.
  • The next day, after finding a well hidden TM for Payback, it was time for battle! Sure enough, said move allowed Jawbreaker to beat his Wooloo rather handily. I then used Carnitas for his Sobble. Also, I like how he calls a 4x resisted move his "true power" and a "wave to crash right over us". His Rookidee was also taken care of by Jawbreaker.
  • With that, we got the letter of endorsement, and these weird Wishing Stars fell from the sky. Which were soon turned into Dynamax Bands! So we can use Dynamax power ourselves? What a world. That's where I'll leave this off.
:grookey: (F) "Barrelroll", Level 10
Stats: 30, 18, +16, 13, -12, 19
Moves: Branch Poke, Growl, Scratch, Taunt

:chewtle: (M) "Jawbreaker", Level 8
Stats: 28, +16, 15, 12, 11, -12
Ability: Strong Jaw
Moves: Bite, Payback, Tackle, Water Gun

:lotad: (M) "Carnitas", Level 9
Stats: 28, 12, 11, 14, 15, 12
Ability: Rain Dish
Moves: Absorb, Growl, Mist, Water Gun

Time: 0:57

So that's how this is starting off. There's still a lot more up ahead, but one thing I do like is how much you're given so early in the game. Also, I realized I could've got Grubbin in the Slumbering Weald, but didn't. Ah well, I had a Vikavolt in my Blue Mono-Color anyway. Also, for a Champion, Leon is quite one to be joked with. There's humor in it, so that's not necessarily bad. But anyways, next time we'll continue on towards the Wild Area. Thanks for reading!

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Hey, Pendra!

This is a nice start to your challenge! I’ve wanted to do a Mono Color run for each of the ten colors, but I haven’t gotten around to it. It’s nice to see you doing one!

I definitely relate on your points about Gen 8; I still haven’t finished Sword or Let’s Go Eevee, and I’m tempted to reset because it’s been way too long since I’ve actually played those games....

Good luck on your run!

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
A mono color run sounds really interesting! And you've got some decent luck already. A +Atk Strong Jaw Ed boy Chewtle is pretty darn good.

But seeing this shows how as stupid some of the colors are for certain Pokémon.
Why the heck is Silicobra Green? Its eyes are green, but that's it. That makes no sense lol.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
@Vivid Stardust Thanks! There are some colors that are quite a bit harder to do than others, haha. But I’m still here looking for something to do, so it’ll work for me.

@Gokudera Indeed! I like Drednaw, but I did use one in my first go so we’ll see how long I stick with it. And as for the color clarification for some Pokémon, I won’t deny they can be weird alright. Though Silicobra I’d say looks more olive than brown, personally…

So how about we get the next part out? Enjoy.
  • After making my way back to Wedgehurst Station with Hop, we were on our way to the Wild Area! Along the way, Sonia stopped us, and after she ranted about being called out for not having much of a life, she gave me the Pokémon Link Box, which is good. That was one thing I liked a lot from Let's Go and was hoping would return here, so I'm glad it did.
  • In the Wild Area, I was given a warning note stating that the large Pokémon here are REALLY strong. I'll bet you anything I own that every single person when they first played this game ran into an overpowered Pokémon that their team was significantly under-leveled against and thought "what the HECK?!" That area can come as an unpleasant surprise for Nuzlockers.
  • Thankfully, I ran into a Pokémon that I could catch and WASN'T overpowered: a Budew. Despite already having two Grass-types, I decided I have nothing to lose. I caught it and named it Springer. It won't be a long term team member, but it helps to take what I can early on.
  • From there on out, while buying food for camping and shaking trees for berries, it was mostly a marathon of going to the dens and seeking out Watts. I battled a TON of Dynamax Pokémon. Just to name some… With the maneuvering, I took down a Nincada, Togepi, Machop (Barrelroll fainted there), Pidove, another Nincada, Hoothoot, and Noibat. But then I ran into a regular but higher level Hoothoot, and Jawbreaker, who was weakened, was unable to run twice and KO'd. Faints: 2 (Barrelroll, Jawbreaker)
    Right after that, I encountered a Dynamax Caterpie, that I did catch, and named Chump. I can't even evolve it past Metapod but it's there.
  • We went back into the fray, and the first one I saw after was a Munna. It KO'd Jawbreaker twice, including while Dynamaxed. I was carried on the backs of a Torkoal with Drought, and a Maractus and Salazzle. Faints: 2 (Jawbreaker twice)
  • Continuing to wander far and wide, getting lots of Watts, I beat another Purrloin and two Chewtle, before a Hoothoot got the better of me twice. These allies can be worthless. Faints: 1 (Jawbreaker)
  • So I stopped to set up camp, and made some Sour Apple Curry. It was tasty for my team, and restored their health and got them some EXP. If only I could cook that well in real life.
  • I even went all the way on the back side, to the area I'm t technically not supposed to be in until later. But I got lots of Watts, and some items, including a Water Stone. Which I could use to evolve Carnitas right away if I wanted! But you'll see if I do that.
  • And we dealt with a Dynamax Grubbin, which I wanted to catch, but we were wiped out one turn from finishing it. Faints: 1 (Jawbreaker)
  • As a consolation prize, I found another Grubbin shortly after, which I caught and named Plugin. I can't evolve it to Vikavolt, which I used in my recently completed Blue Mono-Color on Sword, but for now it's a worthwhile add.
  • After destroying a Dynamax Bounsweet, I had to choose which 8000 Watt Technical Record I wanted to settle for - Earthquake or Hydro Pump. I chose the latter, because that will be GREAT once I have Araquanid soon.
  • With all of that, I decided I had seen enough, and entered Motostoke. Sonia was there and reminded me what we're here for - the Gym ceremony. After healing up, she pointed me in its direction.
  • I also went back to the Wild Area and encountered a Dynamax Galarian Mr. Mime. One that OHKO'd Plugin with a critical hit. But a Torkoal and its allies took care of it. So that'll be it for this part. Faints: 1 (Plugin)
:grookey: (F) "Barrelroll", Level 11
Stats: 32, 20, +17, 14, -13, 20
Moves: Branch Poke, Growl, Scratch, Taunt
Number of times fainted: 1 (Dynamax Machop)

:chewtle: (M) "Jawbreaker", Level 10
Stats: 32, +19, 17, 14, 13, -14
Number of times fainted: 4 (Dynamax Munna twice, a wild Hoothoot, Dynamax Hoothoot)

:lotad: (M) "Carnitas", Level 10
Stats: 30, 13, 12, 15, 17, 13
Moves: Absorb, Growl, Mist, Water Gun

:budew: (M) "Springer", Level 9
Stats: 26, 10, +14, 15, 20, -15
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Absorb, Growth, Stun Spore, Worry Seed

:grubbin: (M) "Plugin", Level 12
Stats: 34, +23, -17, 21, 15, 19
Moves: Bug Bite, Mud-Slap, String Shot, Vise Grip
Number of times fainted: 1 (Dynamax Galarian Mr. Mime)

Storage:
:caterpie: (M) "Chump", Level 17

Time: 4:12

So far, this is looking to be a show of certain types. But this team is sure to get more interesting later on. Also, I did acquire a total of over 11,000 Watts, some of which I spent on treasure and most on that TR for Hydro Pump. They’re an interesting touch, and I do get why the selection is changing every day, as to keep you playing. But we’ll keep it going, and I’ll occasionally return here to get more Watts. I won’t need to mention that every time, but it’ll be helpful down the road. Anyway, thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So let's get more in! Enjoy.
  • With us having reached Motostoke, I decided to look around a bit. There were magazines, and of course the most popular of them was a special feature with the Gym Leaders! There was also a record shop and some of them were rare. After finding some given items, we found - who else - Leon with his Charizard, as he said he'd have trouble getting to the stadium without it. This guy clearly isn't very smart! After catching my again, he gave me a Miracle Seed, which is good since I have multiple Grass-types on me right now.
  • Of course, Hop had made it to the stadium already. After signing in, I registered with my number being 590. The gap between my two favorite Unova Pokémon, Scolipede and Hydreigon. A bit corny but it's what I'm oft using. On the way out there was some dude in purple who was peeved and wanted me to not talk to him again. Weird guy…
  • That aside, we were taken over to the Budew Drop Inn to stay overnight. Sonia was already at the entrance, and she spoke of the statue of the sword and shield hero right behind her. Hop believed that hero is just as good as Lee… But she was unfazed.
  • So we tried to check in, but some Team Yell losers were causing trouble! Barrelroll took care of them both, and learned Razor Leaf. But then they were somehow magically healed, and Hop tagged with me to beat them both. Their companion, Marnie, got them rounded up though, and let us carry forward.
  • After a snooze at the hotel, we went on to the Motostoke Stadium to watch the beginning of the Gym Challenge! As the region's Gym Leaders were introduced, I was brought into the field as well. After the flashy show was done, Chairman Rose met us, and noticed out Dynamax Bands. We were a force to be reckoned with alright!
  • With that done, I got access to the Flying Taxi, which is great. It wasn't long before Hop was throwing me into battle! Barrelroll beat his Wooloo, and I switched in Jawbreaker, who was able to beat his Rookidee the only scratches being Leer. He used Bind, twice, and after two turns I was almost finished and he was below half. I was about to chalk a tally up on the faint list, and he used… Growl? With me at 7 HP??? Whatever floats your boat, bud. Payback fell short, and he used… Growl again?! What is the matter with you?! Bite finished him. "Was that really good training?" You know what's really good training? Not dilly dallying when I'm almost dead! Also, Springer evolved into Roselia. So that's alright even though it's unlikely it'll be a big team member. Hop gave me his League Card. I wasted no time reteaching Mega Drain to Springer before we took to Route 3.
  • After beating a trainer's Vulpix with Jawbreaker, I got my hands on a Gossifleur that I named Willflower. It's not gonna be a long-term team member, but it's here, for now. It's a new Pokémon so I should try to make some use of it.
  • Sonia showed up to talk for a bit, and we beat two Schoolkids - one with an easy Gossifleur one with an annoying Pancham. Shortly after that, I found another Pokémon I can use: Trubbish! Jawbreaker had at it, and after it was difficult with Poké Balls, I had enough of that and switched in Springer to use Stun Spore, and then boom. I named it Rodobrag, which is Garbodor's name backwards. I decided to leave Springer behind. We then beat another Schoolkid, with a Skwovet, and Carnitas evolved into Lombre. I have the Water Stone from the Wild Area… I literally could get Ludicolo RIGHT NOW if I wanted… Who wants to put the over/under on when I'll do that?
  • After finding TM37 for Beat Up, I tried out my new recruit against a Postman with a Delibird. Acid Spray is useful. The last trainer had a Sizzlipede that Willflower beat with four Rapid Spins. He also had a Dottler, and i tried to use Sing, to no avail, before Struggle Bug got me to 1 HP. I brought in, bizarrely, Rodobrag, and I got his Sp Def to -6 before he used Light Screen as he used nothing but Struggle Bug, then a Light Screen after the -6. I had enough of that and switched in Carnitas. He used… Confusion? BRUH WHERE WAS THAT WHEN I HAD A POISON-TYPE OUT??? Thanks to all the Sp Def cuts, I was able to beat him handily from there, even with a Struggle Bug. To add to that, Barrelroll evolved into Thwackey.
  • Right ahead wad the entrance to the Galar Mine. As a young lady there healed me, I decided that's where I'm gonna leave this off.
:thwackey: (F) "Barrelroll", Level 16
Stats: 48, 33, +30, 23, -24, 32
Moves: Branch Poke, Double Hit, Growl, Razor Leaf

:chewtle: (M) "Jawbreaker", Level 14
Stats: 41, +25, 22, 18, 16, -18
Number of times fainted: 4 (Dynamax Munna twice, a wild Hoothoot, Dynamax Hoothoot)

:lombre: (M) "Carnitas", Level 15
Stats: 47, 24, 21, 26, 29, 23
Moves: Growl, Mega Drain, Mist, Water Gun

:grubbin: (M) "Plugin", Level 14
Stats: 38, +26, -18, 23, 17, 21
Moves: Bug Bite, Mud-Slap, String Shot, Vise Grip

:gossifleur: (M) "Willflower", Level 15
Stats: 39, 21, 27, 19, 24, 8
Ability: Regenerator
Moves: Rapid Spin, Razor Leaf, Sing, Sweet Scent

:trubbish: (F) "Rodobrag", Level 15
Stats: 41, 21, 27, -18, 25, +31
Ability: Sticky Hold
Moves: Acid Spray, Amnesia, Clear Smog, Recycle

Storage:
:roselia: (M) "Springer", Level 14
:caterpie: (M) "Chump", Level 17 (unused)

Time: 5:07

I was going to put in a different title, but with schools being closed in the wake of a pandemic, it likely wouldn't have been in good taste. Anyway, the moves that some of these trainers make can be REAL question marks. It did feel good to catch two new Pokémon, even if neither of them are ones that are likely to last to the end. If Rodobrag had Stench maybe, but Weak Armor on Garbodor is not something that's good for long-term sustainability. It's a decent filler for now, though. As for the new one, Eldegoss could be a feasible asset but it's not necessary down the road. Maybe I should've done mono-Grass instead if I was gonna get all these Grass-types… For that matter, as I said, I could get Ludicolo whenever I want to, so the question is will I do it next part? You'll find out. So this one may have been a little on the shorter side, but the next one will have quite a bit to cover. See ya then!

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Put posting this off long enough but time for more! Enjoy.
  • So we had the Galar Mine to enter next! Jawbreaker dealt with the first trainer and his Roggenrola, and after I found TM54 for Rock Blast, I encountered a rather strong Carkol, Level 18. Jawbreaker was only able to strip off just over half its health before I swapped over to Rodobrag, who I had equipped my new Rock Blast to, but it still couldn't get it done. Carnitas finished it though, and it granted a lot of EXP. We had a Worker with three Timburr, one of which Willflower beat and the rest was left to Rodobrag. And another with a Diglett that Plugin beat then a Drilbur that was an annoyance to beat. Last was a Rolycoly but that was easy for Jawbreaker.
  • Up ahead was Bede, who went on about being endorsed by the chairman and how great he is for it. Jawbreaker bit through his Solosis and Gothita but took a Tickle from the latter. Plugin beat his Hatenna even after he confused me. He was all pompous and left with his Wishing Stars.
  • We were then out on Route 4! I did get an Electrike that I named Sacala. I likely won't use it seriously. As far as the trainers went, well, they didn't put up much of a fight so much as be pesky. I also caught an Eevee named Mistletoe. Then I was SLAMMED into by a Wooloo! It belonged to the Gym Leader, Milo. Recognizing me from the ceremony, he invited me to his Gym in Turffield…
  • …Which was right down the hill! Hop commented on how busy it was in there, but that won't stop me! First, though, I decided to just use the Water Stone on Carnitas. I mean, why not? You only live once. How many times will I get to have a powerful third stage Pokémon before my first badge?! I wasted no time reteaching both Giga Drain and Bubble Beam… But not Hydro Pump. I did feel I should show at least SOME restraint.
  • Sonia was in the western part of the city and looking at some big geolyph of a stick figure or something and a sun. Something about the Darkest Day. I got Milo's League Card from her.
  • The city was a nice little place, and I solved the puzzle of the stones for an Expert Belt. And I used the Leaf Stone to evolve Mistletoe into Leafeon. That I likely won't use but it is there.
  • I went back to the Wild Area to bean more Dynamax Pokémon and farm more Watts. I cleaned out a Budew, Timburr, Wooper, Tympole, Vullaby, two Bunnelby, Pidove, Noibat, Lotad, Ralts, Zigzagoon, Wooper, and a Chewtle. I had over 9000 Watts, and was able to get TR53 for Close Combat. That'll be great for a certain Pokémon I can get later on!
  • After paying a visit to the Café in Motostoke, I hunted down MORE Dynamax Pokémon: a Binacle, Togepi, Pidove, Bunnelby, Drifloon, Stunky, Espurr, Lotad and Mudbray. And after my troubles got TR49 for Calm Mind, which another Pokémon I can get will appreciate…
  • …And that Pokémon would be Milcery! I caught one and named it Sprinkles. To evolve it into Alcremie, I had to attach a certain sweet – in my case, the Strawberry Sweet, go into the Wild Area and do some spin. When I did my Blue Mono-Color on Sword before this, I thought I needed a very specific sweet to evolve it into the one I could've evolved it into for that challenge (in the Blue case, that would be the Mint Cream), and wasn't able to get it, and gave up on it. Just goes to show how little I knew about these games! Not this time, though. I found myself getting the Matcha Cream Alcremie.
  • I decided I had done enough and took to Turffield Stadium. Of course Hop already had his badge, and I was up next. Wrangling about a whole ton of Wooloo was fun. Sprinkles and Plugin handled the trainers. That left us with one thing… Milo, the Gym Leader!
  • :gossifleur: As he began with Gossifleur, I opened with Rodobrag. Acid Spray did around 1/3, and his Magical Leaf was pretty weak. Sludge finished it. Leftovers got me to full. / :eldegoss: Eldegoss was last. He Dynamaxed, and Acid Spray didn't do much beyond cutting his Sp Def, but Max Overgrowth still did only 1/4. It set up Grassy Terrain, so we were both healed some, and I had Leftovers, too. I scored a critical hit to get him to -4 and 2/3 before Max Strike got me below 1/3, but I was propped up close to half. Max Overgrowt then scored a critical hit for the KO, which probably mattered. I brought in Sprinkles before his Dynamax wore off. Draining Kiss did 4/5 and his Leafage was weak. One more turn and he was done.
  • And with that, I received the Grass Badge, plus TM10 for Magical Leaf. I was free to carry on but this has already been long enough. There is a Pokémon I'm really excited to get next part, though, but we'll cover that then.
:thwackey: (F) "Barrelroll", Level 20
Stats: 58, 41, +38, 28, -29, 40
Moves: Branch Poke, Double Hit, Razor Leaf, Screech

:chewtle: (M) "Jawbreaker", Level 19
Stats: 52, +33, 28, 23, 20, -25

:grubbin: (M) "Plugin", Level 19
Stats: 48, +34, -24, 31, 22, 28
Moves: Bite, Bug Bite, Mud-Slap, String Shot

:gossifleur: (M) "Willflower", Level 19
Stats: 47, 26, 33, 24, 30, 9
Ability: Regenerator
Moves: Rapid Spin, Razor Leaf, Round, Sing

:trubbish: (F) "Rodobrag", Level 19
Stats: 49, 26, 33, -21, 31, +38
Moves: Acid Spray, Amnesia, Rock Blast, Sludge
Number of times fainted: 1 (Milo's Dynamax Eldegoss)

:alcremie: (F) "Sprinkles", Level 19
Stats: 54, 33, 34, 47, 55, 35
Ability: Sweet Veil
Moves: Calm Mind, Draining Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Tackle

Storage:
Stats: 38, 22, +23, 35, 31, -24

:ludicolo: (M) "Carnitas", Level 19
Stats: 64, 37, 33, 43, 47, 36

Unused:
:electrike: (F) "Sacala", Level 14
:leafeon: (M) "Mistletoe", Level 14

Time: 7:49

Wow, almost eight hours before the first badge? Over half of that was in the Wild Area. As you can see, I've got a lot of Pokémon to use here. But up next we've got a Water type Gym, and multiple Grass types for that, so it's not much of a concern. But getting Alcremie was a good change of pace to vary it out. Anyway, we'll head towards Mulbury next part. Thanks for reading!

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Knows that Wild Area grind too well. Entices you with amazing moves, Digging Duo items, and extra Leftovers. Spends half the challenge run on that, if not careful.

A note on Milo's Eldegoss :eldegoss:: Lulls you into a false sense of security. Carries Leafage (90 power dynamaxed, base 50 attack) and Magical Leaf (110 power dynamaxed, base 80 special attack). Shrugs off the wimpy Leafage Max Overgrowth. Shocks you with a nastier special-based move.

Good luck on the gym leaders ahead. Sees a bad day for Nessa ahead.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Thanks for commenting! That Eldegoss can be a little tricky, sure, but it's not hard to find things to use against it. And the Wild Area is certainly fun, I think quite a bit of my time here will be out there, haha!

As for Nessa... We're gonna get to that right now. Enjoy.
  • With our first badge in hand, I continued on to Route 5. The first opponent was an Interviewer duo, and they had a Klink that Sprinkles and Plugin ganged up on. While at it, their Helioptile paralyzed Plugin with Thunder Shock, and Rodobrag finished them. As Plugin evolved into Charjabug, I wondered if it would remain paralyzed… And it did! I healed up afterwards, and went back to the route.
  • There was a new Pokémon I wanted to catch, but a wild Wobbuffet was sticking out, so I decided to get it out of the way so I don't have to put up with it amidst looking for my new recruit. I brought in Rodobrag, thinking I would wait until I poisoned it then just spam Amnesia. But the Wobbuffet had other ideas, as I used Sludge twice for no poisoning and it used Mirror Coat twice, the first for one point below half (24/49 HP) and the next getting the KO. I was forced to flee. I couldn't go back and heal because then I'm pretty sure it would've respawned. Not an ideal time. I don't suppose now would be a bad time to mention I used Wobbuffet in my Blue Mono-Color over on Sword? Thing got banned for reals, yo. Faints: 1
  • So that aside, what was the Pokémon I was looking for? Dewpider! I got my hands on one and named it Flumerider. I had a lot of Waterfall TRs from all those Dynamax battles, so I wasted no time using one of them on her, as well as using some of my XS EXP Candies to catch her up. I also had a Hydro Pump TR that I can't use on her just yet, but it'll be great once she evolves. And I used one of my many Tri Attack TRs on Sprinkles, too.
  • It was then time to crack down on things! Flumerider showed some swagger as she did most of the work against the trainers. And Willflower evolved into Eldegoss, so that's fun!
  • Team Yell was messing with some doctor who was giving away a Rotom Bike, and they wanted it for themselves. I wasn't having it though, as Sprinkles beat both of them. They stepped aside as the doctor gave me the Rotom Bike. Which I really like the design of, and being able to use the speed boost.
  • After that, I decided to go back to – you guessed it – the Wild Area! Today's menu consisted of a Timburr, Ralts, Bonsly, Woobat, Axew and Bounsweet. The Axew was a Pokémon I can actually use, though, so I named it Jawn. And I did a quick Rotom Rally to get TM14 for Thunder Wave.
  • I returned to Route 5, and was met with Hop, who challenged me to battle! Flumerider trounced his Wooloo with Waterfall, and Rodobrag learned Stockpile. For Corvisquire, I brought in Willflower, as weird as it may seem, who was able to get in a Cotton Spore before I swapped to Rodobrag. Pluck hit for roughly 1/3, and two hits of Rock Blast did around 2/5 as he used Fury Attack for not a lot at all. The same exchange went and I even scored a critical hit, but it didn't finish him. As he healed, I used Acid Spray twice to get him right near half before he used Leer, allowing me to finish him. Drizzile was last and used Bind of all things. He messed around, allowing me to Acid Spray then Sludge for around half his health. After a Growl, Sprinkles used Draining Kiss to pick him off. Faints: 1
  • As he questioned why I'm stronger than him even with the same amount of badges (sound familiar?), he gave me some Revives. I was free to go about. After two more trainers, Flumerider evolved into Araquanid. And I taught her Hydro Pump like two seconds after she evolved. And Leech Life too. So now she's pumped and ready alright!
  • We entered Hulbury, where Chairman Rose was being flocked but Oleana wasn't having it. Rose claimed there was no reason for her to shoo them away, but I had their attention. The mission was simple: beat the Gym Leader here and meet with him at the seafood restaurant.
  • But first, there was something I wanted to do. I happened to be in the right place at the right time and found a Golett. I caught one and named it Megatron. I used some XS EXP Candies to evolve Jawbreaker into Drednaw. Now I have two solid (three, even) Water-types to roll with. I did MORE Dynamax raiding/Watt farming after.
  • I was going to cut it short here, but then I looked through my pics and saw that the Gym wasn't a lot for me, so we'll do it here. I found Nessa near the lighthouse, and she was up for my challenge. Taking to the Gym, the trainers weren't much for me, between three Grass-types. The puzzle was fun, though, going through the switches to stop the flooding was maybe not new but still putting the Switch to good use. Then we got to Nessa herself. Time for a Gym battle!
  • As she began with Goldeen, I used Barrelroll. Razor Leaf didn't get the OHKO as she used Agility. Horn Attack did moderate as another Razor Leaf finished her. Arrokuda was next but promptly slammed with another Razor Leaf. With Drednaw last, she busted out the Dynamax and yet I was still faster, but Razor Leaf did slightly under half. Max Darkness hit big, but it got me to Overgrow range, allowing Razor Leaf to easily pick her off for the win. (Also, anyone else find the Dynamax Pokémon exploding when they're knocked out kinda dramatic?)
  • So I got the Water Badge (really? Why the unoriginal badge names?) and TM36 for Whirlpool, which isn't that great. After that, Oleana was waiting outside and sent me over to the seafood restaurant, where Chairman Rose was waiting. There wasn't a whole lot to talk about beyond the Dynamax and Wishing Stars, and his time with us wasn't long. Wish I had the chance to SEE some of that famous seafood though… Sonia and Hop were both pleased with my efforts, and the latter suggested me take to Galar Mine No. 2 to find Kabu to prepare for our next Gym battle.
:thwackey: (F) "Barrelroll", Level 24
Stats: 68, 48, +45, 32, -35, 47
Moves: Double Hit, Knock Off, Razor Leaf, Screech

:drednaw: (M) "Jawbreaker", Level 22
Stats: 52, +33, 28, 23, 20, -25
Moves: Bite, Headbutt, Rock Tomb, Water Gun
Number of times fainted: 3 (Dynamax Munna twice, a wild Hoothoot, Dynamax Hoothoot)

:trubbish: (F) "Rodobrag", Level 21
Stats: 53, 29, 36, -24, 34, +42
Moves: Acid Spray, Rock Blast, Sludge, Stockpile
Number of times fainted: 3 (Milo's Dynamax Eldegoss, a wild Wobbuffet, Hop's Drizzile)

:alcremie: (F) "Sprinkles", Level 23
Stats: 64, 39, 40, 57, 66, 42
Moves: Calm Mind, Draining Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Tri Attack

:araquanid: (F) "Flumerider", Level 22
Stats: 65, 39, 47, 27, 64, 25
Moves: Bite, Hydro Pump, Leech Life, Waterfall

:golett: "Megatron", Level 21
Stats: 59, 40, -27, 23, 28, +27
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Astonish, Curse, Defense Curl, Shadow Punch

Storage:

:charjabug: (M) "Plugin", Level 22
Stats: 59, +49, -47, 35, 39, 28

:ludicolo: (M) "Carnitas", Level 22
Stats: 73, 42, 38, 49, 54, 41

:eldegoss: (M) "Willflower", Level 22
Stats: 61, 34, 51, 45, 61, 32

Have not used:
:axew: (F) "Jawn", Level 20

Time: 10:33

So we got a lot done here. With so many Pokémon on the docket, it's gonna get harder figuring out who to stick with and when! But with three Water-types to use AND a Ground-type, it's safe to say Kabu won't be much. I am enjoying Araquanid, though, even with the Flying and Electric weakness. And likewise with Golett, that's two types that serve as a good diversion from all these Water, Bug and Grass-types. How will it shape out up ahead? You'll find out later on. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Meant to get this out a little sooner, but I digress! Enjoy.
  • Before leaving Hulbury, there were some things I wanted to make sure I got. That included the Incense shop, where I picked up multiple Wave and Lax Incense. And the herb shop, where I got a lot of Energy Roots and Revival Herbs. Since the friendship mechanics are toned down in this one, there's almost nothing to lose.
  • I also paid the Wild Area another visit because of course I did. With a relatively small serving, in a Helioptile, Natu and Stufful. I caught the Natu because it IS a Pokémon that I can use. I didn't nickname it though, and it doesn't even have Synchronize, so it's not gonna be very useful.
  • Onto Galar Mine No. 2! It was short before Bede said "oh, I'm not up for dealing with weaklings, but crushing them is kinda merciful". As Megatron destroyed his Solosis with Shadow Punch, Gothita was faster and took three turns because he healed, leaving me with 6 HP. Hatenna was promptly slammed too, and Carnitas took care of his Ponyta with ease. He advised that I lack talent… Yes because two Gym badges is no talent!
  • After using a couple EXP Candies on Megatron, we carried on. Flumerider trounced the two Workers before running into Team Yell again. Hop joined me for that. Between their Dark-types, and Hop's Corvisquire beating their Pancham, they were beaten very easily.
  • We then found a couple nifty items and then found a Galarian Stunfisk. I caught it and named it Leashed. I've heard it's not very good, though, but I can use it. The last trainer had a Drilbur that used Hone Claws, which had the potential to get a little dicey, but Megatron OHKO'd it with a critical hit. Kabu was at the end, calling out two Team Yell grunts for interfering with a Carkol. He noticed our strength and was ready for battle against us!
  • Making it back outside, Hop talked about Poké Jobs, which I actually haven't done anything with. After getting the Amulet Coin, and beating two easy trainers, we were back in Motostoke. (Side note: what is with that weird smile the Policemen have? That's not gonna go unnoticed by most…)
  • We returned to Motostoke, and the Budew Drop Inn, where Marnie was looking for a chance to hone her skills. As she began with Croagunk, I had Flumerider up and thought, wait, if she has Dry Skin, we could have a bit of a problem here. So I used… Jawbreaker? Her Sucker Punch failed, and Headbutt did over half as she used Revenge for 2/3. Another Headbutt finished her. She used Scraggy next, and Rock Tomb did moderate plus the Speed drop before her Low Kick finished me. Sprinkles came in and slammed her with Draining Kiss. Morpeko was last, and got in one flinch with Bite as Draining Kiss 2HKO'd. We then got a good night's sleep. Hop was quick to get the badge, so I clearly didn't have his same standards!
  • We then went back to – where else – THE WILD AREA!!! The rave included a Nincada, Timburr, two Munna, Pidove, Minccino, Lombre, Bunnelby, Stufful, Trubbish, Hoothoot, Bounsweet, Rhyhorn, Ralts, and Tympole. So many rewards to reap. Most importantly, after beating the Trubbish, I shelled out 8000 Watts for another TR10 for Earthquake. I wasted no time teaching it to Megatron. It won't get it until the very end of the game, 52 as a Golett, and if I evolve it we're looking up at Level 58 which is right around when I would be facing the Champion. And I just learned the other day that if you drop TR moves, they can be retaught just like level-up moves, so I have nothing to lose.
  • With everything done, I took to the Gym, where they presented me with a Gym mission that I find to be kinda clever. Catching Pokémon to progress? Never would've expected that! It wasn't hard to get the Vulpix, Litwick and Sizzlipede present. With them out, I entered the stadium. And with that, it was time to face the Gym Leader, Kabu!
  • :ninetales: As he began with Ninetales, I decided to start with Megatron. Unfortunately, he used Will-o-Wisp, and it hit, but my Earthquake (with the Soft Sand) still did over half. Ember did around 1/3 my health, and Earthquake picked him off. / :arcanine: Arcanine was next and finished me with Bite. I used Flumerider, who took 1/6 from Bite, and missed with Hydro Pump. Bite got me just below 2/3, and this time Hydro Pump hit and demolished him. / :centiskorch: Centiskorch was last, and he used Gigantamax then G-Max Centiferno did over half my remaining health. Hydro Pump did around 2/3, and after Fire Spin damage he finished me. I brought in Jawbreaker, and Max Flutterby did over half, and Rock Tomb…missed. He returned to normal. Bug Bite got me to 10 HP. This time Rock Tomb hit for the win.
  • So I received the Fire Badge and TM38 for Will-o-Wisp, which is cool but not a lot of the Pokémon I can use here get it. They suggested us go back to the Wild Area and head for Hammerlocke! On the way out, he followed me out, along with Milo and Nessa, to see me and Hop off to honor the rare challengers that beat him. From there, we went back out to the Wild Area, where Bede talked down to us once again. Hop wasn’t having any of that, and challenged him to battle! I took care of one last Dynamax Vullaby before leaving it off.
:thwackey: (F) "Barrelroll", Level 27
Stats: 75, 55, +50, 36, -38, 54
Moves: Double Hit, Knock Off, Razor Leaf, Screech

:ludicolo: (M) "Carnitas", Level 27
Stats: 87, 51, 46, 59, 65, 50
Moves: Bubble Beam, Giga Drain, Growl, Mist

:drednaw: (M) "Jawbreaker", Level 26
Stats: 89, +73, 59, 35, 42, -47
Moves: Bite, Rock Tomb, Tackle, Water Gun
Number of times fainted: 3 (Dynamax Munna twice, a wild Hoothoot, Dynamax Hoothoot)

:alcremie: (F) "Sprinkles", Level 27
Stats: 73, 46, 47, 66, 77, 49
Moves: Calm Mind, Draining Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Tri Attack

:araquanid: (F) "Flumerider", Level 26
Stats: 65, 39, 47, 27, 64, 25
Moves: Crunch, Hydro Pump, Leech Life, Waterfall
Number of times fainted: 1 (Kabu's Gigantamax Centiskorch)

:golett: "Megatron", Level 26
Stats: 71, 49, -34, 27, 34, +34
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Curse, Earthquake, Shadow Punch, Stomping Tantrum
Number of times fainted: 1 (Kabu's Arcanine)

Storage:

:charjabug: (M) "Plugin", Level 22
Stats: 59, +49, -47, 35, 39, 28

:eldegoss: (M) "Willflower", Level 22
Stats: 61, 34, 51, 45, 61, 32

:trubbish: (F) "Rodobrag", Level 21
Stats: 53, 29, 36, -24, 34, +42
Number of times fainted: 3 (Milo's Dynamax Eldegoss, a wild Wobbuffet, Hop's Drizzile)

Have not used:
:axew: (F) "Jawn", Level 20
:galarianstunfisk: (M) "Leashed", Level 25

Time: 12:50

So I didn't think Kabu was gonna be very tough at all, between three Water-types and a Ground-type. Also, I gotta say I do like that swirly wall that G-Max Centiskorch makes as it uses its attacks. It's quite radical! But up ahead we'll get the chance to catch more Pokémon that will make my team a lot more exciting. However, I don't think we're gonna get the next Gym badge then. Thanks for reading anyways!