Loudred's Lounge (Music Club) - Happy 2019! :D

shhmew

it me
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
even though i was missed, res and someone else sent me a song anyway, that was so nice. thank you guys. ; ;

Typhlosion

Ace Trainer
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I got quite a laugh out of listening to my song. Thank you very much, Secret Santa! My horizons have been broadened.

AKA
Athena, Thena
Time Zone
PST
I didn't see the original post in time to join:(
But I hope everyone is happy with their tunes!

Resolute

The Chiptuner
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
Well, now that the New Year is almost upon us...are there any albums set to come out next year that you're excited for?

For me, there's an album coming out from a chipmusician named don'tblinkoryou'll die that I'm really excited for. He's really technical and does some cool stuff with the Game Boy soundchip that I'm looking forward to dissecting.

Mudkip_Mishchief

In another world
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
Time Zone
Yes
No updates for me on the new years side of things, but I've been listening to a band I really love called Cage the Elephant a lot. I don't get to see my girlfriend often, and the songs remind me of her. It's comforting, and helps when I'm feeling anxious or stressed. I get to see her today though (taking her out for teriyaki) so I'm really happy about that.

shhmew

it me
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
awww cage the elephant has some really cute songs. a while ago i was rly into their melophobia album. but Shake Me Down is the song i've known by them since high school<3 most their songs are rly comforting somehow i agree.

have a nice time with your lady and treasure every second!!

Mudkip_Mishchief

In another world
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
Time Zone
Yes
Thank You Katey!! It went great btw, I wanted to spend the day with her because she has a surgery tomorrow. Shake me down is a calming song, but its about dying in your sleep so idk how cute that is. Yah Melophobia is my fav, but their older stuff is good too. I really love his voice when it goes up higher, it reminds me of Tyler Joseph.

Resolute

The Chiptuner
AKA
Time Zone
EST
Oof. Reminds me of the time that I realized "Let's Get Physical" isn't about traditional exercise, but exercising...certain organs :thisisfine:

I always hate when a song is a total jam but it turns out it's about something dark like drugs D: There's too many examples to name.

shhmew

it me
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
I always hate when a song is a total jam but it turns out it's about something dark like drugs D: There's too many examples to name.
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks ... 👀

Mudkip_Mishchief

In another world
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
Time Zone
Yes
LOOOOOOL don't tell me this i didn't know that aaaaa
It's bittersweet though. If you watch the music video its about this guy's life flashing before his eyes as he passes; It's a peaceful death. He sees his kids, wife, moments with his family, and his wedding day. It's sad, but in a good way.

Resolute

The Chiptuner
AKA
Time Zone
EST
Speaking of music videos, are there any that you guys have been inspired by or have really got you thinking? Or maybe one that you thought was really impressive?

The music video for "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" really impressed me with how abstract and trippy its visuals are. For the time, it's really, really cool. Definitely check it out!

Mudkip_Mishchief

In another world
AKA
Carson, Mudkip
Time Zone
Yes
Trouble - Cage the Elephant

It's a super crazy video, and I love the song too. There are so many small but symbolic pieces, some of which are only on screen for a few seconds and i'm still trying to piece it together myself. If you're to listen to any song off of Melophobia, this is definitely the one

Typhlosion

Ace Trainer
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I was riding in a friend's car today, and a song called Marquee Moon by Television came up. He said it's one of his favorites, might be his very favorite song iirc, and he told me an interesting bit of trivia about it. The song is around 10 minutes long, and while recording it they only ever did one take. Their producer thought it was just a rehearsal.

AKA
Connor, Godot, Mir (although only one person has ever called me that)
Time Zone
Central Time
Red Hot Chili Peppers songs are often dark, or about drugs [Snow (hey, oh) ain't about snow but rather coke, and I don't mean the soft drink). I used to like Adam's Song by Blink 182 until I found out it was about suicide. Dani California is about the life of crime and death of the protagonist. Californication has a reference to Kurt Cobain. Death of a Martian is about the loss of a pet. Heck my favorite BNL songs are literally titled "Tonight's The Night I Fell Asleep At The Wheel" which is about exactly what you think and "I'll Be That Girl" which has the lyric "And if I had a gun, there'd be no tomorrow."

AKA
kaleb
i really love the music video for perfect places by lorde. it’s my fav song from the album and the music video represents the song really well imo. i think its also a generally beautiful music video with all of the nature shown in it.

i actually really love a lot of music that’s super fun and upbeat but has a lot of serious issues it tackles (an album like ARTPOP by lady gaga is a great example). i’m usually not alienated by the topics in songs unless it’s handled poorly, which is very rare