AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Hmm, I heard that on the radio the other day and I thought it wasn't too bad. Taylor Swift on her own has been hit or miss for me recently, but any song with Brendon Urie can't really be bad. Swift had a line that made me chuckle about all the ladies wanting him, or something like that.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
I finally got a record player and some records! The player itself was $20 while the records added up to $30. Looking forward to collecting some more, but I’ll have to avoid the places that charge $35 for just one album.

Last edited:

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Wow, those are some good albums. I appreciate seeing Billy Joel and Fleetwood Mac!

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
So how good is that new ME! song with Taylor Swift and Brendon Urie?
very

I finally got a record player and some records! The player itself was $20 while the records added up to $30. Looking forward to collecting some more, but I’ll have to avoid the places that charge $35 for just one album.
HI YES I LOVE RECORDS

i am record elitist i have invested hundreds of dollars into my collection and i love them so much. i will admit, i only know a couple of those artists lol, but god its cool to see someone else whos into records. i love bein able to hold the actual music, u know?

my record player was a solid 100$ iirc. which aint that bad its a rlly nice one. my speaker was like 40$ and i usually spend a good 20-30$ per record. since i literally only listen to new music, i cant rlly thrift any of the albums but like i aint mad haha. i usually get my records off of amazon bc god dam theyre cheap on there.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
So how good is that new ME! song with Taylor Swift and Brendon Urie?
very

HI YES I LOVE RECORDS

i am record elitist i have invested hundreds of dollars into my collection and i love them so much. i will admit, i only know a couple of those artists lol, but god its cool to see someone else whos into records. i love bein able to hold the actual music, u know?

my record player was a solid 100$ iirc. which aint that bad its a rlly nice one. my speaker was like 40$ and i usually spend a good 20-30$ per record. since i literally only listen to new music, i cant rlly thrift any of the albums but like i aint mad haha. i usually get my records off of amazon bc god dam theyre cheap on there.
I might have to go to Amazon then. All of the local record stores are charging way too much for them.

Just looked up the model I got and it’s worth around $80. The outside is pretty beat up, but it sounds fantastic. Guess I got a good deal.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
@Neb ya local record stores aint it imo. i know its like trendy and quirky to thrift records but screw that lol i think the best way to get a record is to pay for it new, bc record stores tend to not have the best quality records. like ive seen some beat up ones at stores and its just like why are u chargin that much for a ****ty record

and ye as long as it sounds good and wont damage ur records, id say 80$ sounds fine for a record. just stay far away from anything by crosley and u will be fine!!! C:

SergeantSunshine

Beginner Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
CST
Username: SergeantSunshine
Favorite band: I don't really a favorite band so I'll go with Taylor Swift
Super Secret Password™: Lavender

Typhlosion

Tempered Steel
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Just out of curiosity, do we still support Rainbow Rocket? At any rate, I support this song:

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
🤷‍♀️
I've really been addicted with Steam Powered Giraffe. It's almost literally the only music I've been playing lately. Even more than Disney songs and that's saying something coming from me :P and they have a variety of styles. Their only real constant is that they play robot characters and their songs all fit into the robots' lore in some way.

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Isa I can't stop myself from telling you that SPG is my favorite band of all time. I've seen them live three times and met and mingled with them. Me and Bunny had a long conversation about gender identity in the break room and I had lunch with Sam Luke. Been listening to them since 2cent Show. Very glad you like them.

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
Oh my gosh Solar, now I'm jealous xD but in a good way. It's so wonderful that you got to meet them! I only discovered them recently-ish, maybe three months ago? Maybe a little more, because a friend made me listen to their songs. Wouldn't have listened to them otherwise, but I'm really glad my friend made me listen to them. Do you have any favorites?

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Oh yes my favorite album is probably still MK III, because I was a super heavy groupie around its release, had a "Engineer-eteer" membership which was like a private Patreon that gave access to a bunch of behind the scenes stuff. My favorite song is "I'll Rust With You" because it's so catchy and swingy. My favorite David song is probably "Soliton", and my favorite Sam song is "The Pulls". I haven't been following any of the new material they've performed with Bryan but I'm excited to hear it when they release the studio versions (the Marshmallow World cover is stuck in my head daily, so there's that).

I'd love to hear your favorites too :girafarig:

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
I still have to listem to a lot of their songs. The ones I've played mostly are Album One, some of the 2 Cent Show and some of the Vice Quadrant, plus other random ones. Hadn't heard the Marshmallow World cover before, nor the original, but I like how it sounds. And I also liked the three you mentioned.

Mine are
Clockwork Vaudeville, I love the sound. it's pretty, and simple, and soothing and it tells a small sweet story.

Hold Me: really pretty and emotional. And I get some of the story behind it.

Spoilering other songs so the post doesn't get huge.

Others I like from Bunny are Honeybee (sweet, emotional, nostalgic), Brass Goggles (catchy and dynamic), and Burning in the Stratosphere (emotional and I love how it goes with Hold Me).
Edit: and Transform. Like I said on the LGBT club it's really relateable.

From David I like Soliton, too, and Fire Fire. Both are sweet, and I like how Fire Fire is so soft and soothing which contrasts with what it's talking about.

And from Sam I like Starburner and Hatch Fever. Both are catchy and funny (especially Hatch Fever when Rabbit is telling Hatchy's story and he interrupts her and her reaction xD).

As for the new songs, I've only really know Lying Awake from Zero, and I recommend it. They don't have a recorded version yet or at least I haven't found it, but the singing on stage is really pretty and well made.
Edit: and Transform. Added it to Bunny's paragraph.

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
Steam Powered Giraffe is a pretty cool name for a band! Might have to give their stuff a listen.

My old turntable broke, so I went and got a monthly payment for a new one. The sound is better, it has a CD player, and it even has Bluetooth support! Definitely worth the money.

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
Looks nice! I'm not familiar with those, though. But glad you're happy with it!

And yeah, I do recommend trying some songs out, and watching their performance. There are a few recorded ones. Since their charm isn't just their songs but their performance and characters, too.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
Been cranking Lil Happy Lil Sad so much lately. Hip-hop is becoming my jam.

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
Ahhhh, yes. Love me some 6ix9ine lol jk

tr3yway wokka flokka dabonem

Null

#1 Yuqi fan <3
Time Zone
AEST
IGN
Aevis/Cube
ok ive been hella inactive but i havent been kicked (?) so yea im back
(also can i get my FB changed from BtoB to (G)i-dle? thx)