Nuzlocke LRachelR5's Pokemon Platinum Nuzlocke

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
I decided to take a bit of a break from my Pokemon White 2 Challenge Mode Wedlocke and go back to probably one of my favourite Pokemon games, and easily one of the most nostalgic generations for me. Pokemon Platinum. My first game was Pokemon Diamond when I was about 10 years old, Platinum was my second and I have never beaten these games before, I've been close but never did it. I also realised that all of my documented runs aside from maybe one which was a scramble of Platinum have been Wedlockes.

Rules
  1. I must catch the first Pokemon in each new route or area (Pinwheel Clause is also active just in case)
  2. Any Pokemon that faint is considered dead and must either be boxed permanently or released
  3. All Pokemon must be nicknamed
  4. The challenge is completed either when I beat the champion or when I have no Pokemon left in my PC and I feel that I can still grind up
  5. Glift clause is enabled
  6. Dupes clause counts for the whole evolutionary line
  7. Shiny clause is active and is counted as a bonus encounter
  8. I am allowing one honey tree encounter within the Floroma Meadow because I can't catch anything else there
  9. My starter is determined by my ID number, 1,2,3 means I start with Turtwig, 4,5,6 I start with Chimchar and 7.8.9 I start with Piplup if I have a 0 I use the number to the left of it

Update One
I was watching TV in piece when Beck rushes in saying something about us going to see Professor Rowan in Sandgem Town to get a Pokemon. On the way out of the house mum warned me that I shouldn't go into the tall grass because I could be attacked by a Pokemon. With that in mind I headed to Beck's house and followed him into his room seeing as he forgot his bag and journal. Next we headed to Route 201, the only way to get to Sandgem Town was that we would have to get through some grass, I tried to warn him that we shouldn't but he didn't listen. Right before we tried to make a dash for it Professor Rowan himself approached and reprimanded us. Following that he let us pick a Pokemon of our own. My ID number ended in a 3 so I chose Turtwig whilst Beck went with Chimchar. After that we had a Pokemon battle which I won. Once home I explained to mum what happened and she said I should go to thank the Professor properly, as I headed out Beck met up with me and explained that we should catch the Pokemon that lives at the lake we would play at. I tried telling him that we didn't have anything to catch Pokemon but he didn't listen. At Lake Verity we encountered an unsettling character called Cyrus who was talking outloud about the ledgendary Pokemon of the Lake. Beck and I decided to head to the Professor to see if he could help us. Once there I met up with him and his assistant Lucas and agreed to help them complete the Pokedex for the Professor's research and he let me nickname my Turtwig Hulk. After leaving the Lab Lucas showed me some of the places that were important to trainers like the Mart and the Pokemon Centre. Before heading to Route 202 he said I should go explain to someone at home what I was doing for the Professor in case I had to go far away.

After talking to mum I agreed to take a parcel to Beck from his mother because he just ran off like the headstrong and reckless boy that he is. I headed back to Route 202 where Lucas showed me how to catch Pokemon. Before continuing I caught Bucky the Shinx on Route 202 and Darcy the Bidoof at Lake Verity. I fought the trainers and started to toughen up my team on the way to Jubilife City. Once there I met up with Lucas again and met Looker from the International Police. I headed to the trainer school to find Beck and hand over the parcel from his mum which contained not one but two town maps, so he gave me the spare. Next I headed to the Ravege Path where I caught Quill the Psyduck and on Route 204 I caught Nebula the Zubat. I decided to train before heading to Route 203, Nebula died during this training but I was not too torn up cause honestly she didn't have the best nature or anything. Next I took on Beck again and beat him, on the Route I caught Falcon the Starly. Heading through Oreburgh Gate I didn't catch anyone which didn't matter cause in the Mines I caught Korg the Geodude and up on Route 207 I caught Thanos the Machop. Next I did training for the gym and beat Roak with little issues.

I headed back to Jubilife and ended up having to save the Professor's research from some people called Team Galactic. I then headed back through the Ravage Path and to Floroma Town. Heading East I met a girl who said her dad was being held in the Valley Windworks, whilst there I caught Jarvis the Buizel who I decided to replace Quill with because he had a better nature. After dealing with a lot of Grunts I headed in and faced up against the Commander, Mars by this point Falcon had evolved into Staravia so I used Bucky against Zubat and then went into Falcon to lower Purugly's attack stat before into Thanos which beat it quickly. On my way through Route 205 where I caught Thor the Pachirisu and Eterna Forest where I caught Howard the Budew Bucky and Darcy evolved. After running into Beck and Cyrus again I headed to Route 211 where I caught Fandral the Meditite who I replaced Darcy with cause I really don't need two water types and two normal types. In Mt Coronet I caught Ultron the Bronzor, then it was time for training for the gym, I wanted to get the team up to level 18 and during this Hulk evolved. Next time I will be taking on Gardenia.

Conversations
This is where I will be trying something new, I want to give my pokemon personalites so this section will include some conversations between some of my team, I don't know if I am going to keep this section so let me know
(When Bucky joins the team)
Bucky: Hey Hulk, Thanos look I'm so intimidating grrrr
Hulk: This child is far from scary, lord knows how he will survive
Thanos: I agree, he's in way to far over his head, it would be the same as Falcon saying he's intimidating, they need to leave that to you and me
(After Bucky and Falcon evolve)
Hulk: I take back everything I said
Thanos: Yeah, they are more intimidating now than I thought
Bucky:...
Fandral: Great now we have brooding teenagers

Team

Thanos
Level: 17
Nature: Bold
Ability: Guts
Moveset:
  • Low Kick
  • Leer
  • Focus Energy
  • Karate Chop

Hulk
Level: 18
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Overgrow
Held Item: Quick Claw
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Curse
  • Absorb
  • Razor Leaf

Jarvis
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Swift Swim
Moveset:
  • Swift
  • Quick Attack
  • Water Gun
  • Pursuit

Falcon
Level: 16
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Intimidate
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Growl
  • Quick Attack
  • Wing Attack

Fandral
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Pure Power
Moveset:
  • Hidden Power (Grass)
  • Rock Smash
  • Confusion
  • Detect

Bucky
Level: 17
Nature: Niave
Ability: Intimidate
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Leer
  • Charge
  • Spark

Box

Korg
Level: 7
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Sturdy
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Defense Curl
  • Mud Sport

Quill
Level: 13
Nature: Docile
Ability: Damp
Moveset:
  • Water Sport
  • Scratch
  • Tail Whip
  • Water Gun

Thor
Level: 9
Nature: Timid
Ability: Run Away
Moveset:
  • Growl
  • Bide
  • Quick Attack
  • Charm

Howard
Level: 12
Nature: Impish
Ability: Poison Point
Moveset:
  • Absorb
  • Growth
  • Water Sport
  • Stun Spore

Darcy
Level: 16
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Simple
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Rollout
  • Return
  • Rock Smash

Ultron
Level: 14
Nature: Rash
Ability: Heatproof
Moveset:
  • Confusion
  • Hypnosis
  • Imprison
  • Confuse Ray

Deaths

Nebula
Level: 5
Nature: Brave
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset:
  • Leech Life
  • Supersonic

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Update Two
Facing Gardenia with Falcon was not difficult at all and I got my next gym badge. Back in the Floroma Meadow, I got Odin the Burmy before I headed to the Old Chateau now that I had Cut and caught Stephen the Rotom before heading into the Team Galactic Eterna Building. Against Jupiter's Zubat I opened with Bucky who defeated it with a Spark, then out came Stuntank who was brought down by the combined efforts of my team, with Thanos leading the assault. After receiving the Togepi egg from Cynthia and the Bicycle I headed onto Cycling Road defeating all the trainers before heading onto Route 206 where I caught Clint the Gligar. In the Wayward Cave basement, I caught Natasha the Gible before heading to the main area and helping Mira find her way out as well as using it as a chance to train up a bit. Next, I took out the trainers on Route 207 and briefly met up with Lucas who gave me the VS Seeker and the Dowsing Machine before I headed into Mt Coronet and onto Route 208 where I caught Wanda the Ralts. In Hearthome City I picked up Steve the Eevee before preparing for the gym, I always hate taking on Fantina because of how difficult it is to deal with Ghost types at this point in the game. Hulk was able to take out Duskull with a lucky flinch two-shot Bite, Mismagius fell to an onslaught from Clint, Bucky and Falcon as they were my fastest Pokemon and Haunter went down to Clint and a final blow of Aqua Jet from Jarvis. As I was leaving town I ran into Beck who challenged me to a fight, he opened with his Staravia and I opened with Stephen, after a few Double Teams and Thundershocks Steven was victorious, next came Buizel who I realised could demolish Stephen with Pursuit so I risked the switch and went into Hulk who was more suitable to handle it, then came Roselia who took a Confusion from Wanda before I swapped into Falcon. Monferno fell to a Wing Attack soon after. I missed my encounter on Route 209 because Chansey used up all of my balls as I tried to catch it, on this Route, I also lost Stephen to an unfortunate critical hit.

I wasn't in Solaceon Town for long cause I wanted to get my Route 210 encounter which ended up being Pepper the Ponyta. I ended up heading back to the Ruins to get Defog and I caught Friday the Unown. Then I headed to Route 215 where I caught Tony the Scyther. Once reaching Veilstone City I collected Vision the Porygon. Next update will include my look around the city and the gym battle.

Conversations
Wanda: Hey I know I am still fairly new to the team but will I be as strong as you guys? I've noticed Lucy boxing a lot of team members after a while.
Hulk: You'll be fine, you have good power and you are one of Lucy's favourite Pokemon from what I've heard
Falcon: Yeah! You'll prove yourself in the gym alongside me, plus Lucy has some extras trained up for in case something goes wrong with one of us

Team

Wanda
Level: 23
Nature: Lax
Ability: Trace
Moveset:
  • Confusion
  • Magical Leaf
  • Teleport
  • Lucky Chant

Jarvis
Level: 24