Marriland Mafia: A Return to A Simple Tale (Endgame: Town & Chatterbox Win!)

-Rosen

Bored
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Cleb
Mafia: A Return to A Simple Tale

Nothing more than a return to our roots...what could go wrong?

Day 1

1545372277355.png

What is Mafia?

Mafia is a game (also known as Werewolf or Town of Salem, if you've heard of those) wherein two primary factions (the Town and the Mafia) compete in order to eliminate the other. Each participant is given a role to play. Each of these roles has a different power they can use in order to influence the game. There are two phases: Day and Night. During the Night, everybody selects a target to use their power on. Certain roles and factions also have a night chat they can use to discuss the game. During the Day, everybody is able to talk in the topic and discuss the night's events and how to proceed. Everybody may select a target to "lynch." At the end of the Day, the player with the most votes is killed and their role is revealed.

The goal of the Town is to eliminate all Mafia and Anti-Town roles.

The goal of the Mafia is to have a majority over the Town and eliminate any other roles that stand in their way.

In addition to the Town and Mafia, there are "Third-Party" roles. These guys are mostly out for themselves, and have their own unique win conditions, some of which include winning with other factions. Eliminating them is just as much a priority for both factions (if their loyalty cannot be secured).

Rules

• Do not talk about Mafia outside of Mafia. Period. Doing so will result in a Literal Ban.
  • Do not directly quote any private message received by me. Doing so will result in a Literal Ban. You may convey what I have told you via private message, but you must not use the quote button. Type it in your own words.
  • Follow all rules of the forums. The exception is double posting. You may post up to twice in a row DURING THE GAME, but no more. Any more than that will result in a traditional warning.
  • Sometimes, roles will be accompanied by flavor text or specific names to fit a story. Do not disclose either of these to anybody, inside the game or out. Doing so will result in a Literal Ban.
  • Try not to post about hosting meta when the game begins. This will be lenient early on, but if it becomes excessive, it may result in a Literal Ban.
  • To confirm that you've read all of the rules, please put the word simple somewhere in your sign-up post. This is to make sure that you're familiar with any additions or changes to the rules for this edition (this does not apply to Observers).
  • Play to win. Not only will throwing get you flak from other players in the game, but it will also result in a Literal Ban.
  • It is recommended, though not required, to watch the thread while the game takes place. This will make it at least a little bit easier to follow as it progresses.
  • This game uses a PLURALITY LYNCH. At the end of each Day cycle, the player who has the most votes, regardless of if they have a >50% majority or not will be lynched. In the case of a tie vote, the player who received their most recent vote first will be lynched.

Changes from Previous Game:

Mechanics Changes:
  • The Day phase is re-extended to 72 hours. Nights will remain 48 hours long. Days will be 48 hours and Nights will be 24 hours, due to the game being much smaller than anticipated.
  • All group chats will default to Night-Only, unless stated otherwise.
Balance Changes:
  • N/A
Other Changes:
  • N/A

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How many players does Mafia need?
A: There is no real requirement for how many players you need for Mafia, though you do need a minimum of three for the game to be playable in its most basic form.

Q: How are replacements handled?
A: In the case of request, inactivity, or host intervention, a replacement may take the spot of the player in question before the end of Day 3. After Night 3 has ended, the player in question will simply be Mod-Killed. This is to prevent replacements from being forced to catch up on so many posts in such a short amount of time.

Q: How do I vote?
A: You can vote for a player by placing /Vote [Username] or ##Vote: [Username] in any of your posts. To unvote, you simple need to put /Unvote or ##Unvote in your post. To vote to end the Day without a lynch, you may put /Vote Skip or ##Vote: Skip in your post.

Q: Can duplicate roles exist?
A: Yes. However, there are a few exceptions that can occur. A player who receives a unique role will be notified as such in their Role PM.

Q: How are night chats handled?
A: Through PM on this forum. I will add the relevant people to every night chat. Some roles also have their own specific Night Chat. Players will be notified in their Role PM if this is the case.

Q: How do we submit our actions?
A: Either in your Role PM, a separate PM to me, or in your relevant Night Chat.

Q: Is there an activity policy?
A: Yes. You must submit at least ONE message or action per Day/Night phase. If you aren't doing anything, tell me as such through PM. If you fall foul of this policy ONCE WITHOUT MESSAGING ME IN ADVANCE you will receive a literal ban.

Q: Can I delete/edit my posts?
A: NO. What you submit MUST stay on the record (I will ask the mods to double check this at the end of each day, so I will know!). This is why you are allowed to double post. Persisting editing/deleting posts will result in you getting a Literal Ban.

1) Resolute
2) Zerade
3) Lycoris
4) seaturtle
5) Varhii
6) Kirichaki
7) Vivid Stardust
8) Sinister M.
9) ~Kilza~

Sign-Ups will last until Thursday, December 20, at 8:00PM EST. The game will begin Friday, December 21, at 12:00AM EST, regardless of the player count at the time.

Last edited:

Resolute

Paradiddlediddler
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
I'm in. Simple and Clean is a great song, as well. ;)

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
In

Zerade

ralph
mafia is so simple I might as well take another crack

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
i'm in. hope mafia will be simple for me

Last edited:

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
hope mafia will be simple for me 8J

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
i am but a simple turtle, here to sign up for m00fia :squirtle:

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Cleb you simpleton, I did read the rules.

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
eh, why not give it another go. it can be pretty simple i guess.

Vivid Stardust

~ A Vivid Appears! ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
I was wondering if there would be a new game of Mafia on the forums just the other day! I’ll sign up! It should be simple enough for me to keep up, and hopefully I can play well!

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Damn that's one hell of an activity policy you got there

Think Imma obs this one this time around \o

Sinister M.

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Sam
In please :]

Simple, polite and facetious request: no major host **** ups this time please :]

-Rosen

Bored
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Cleb
In please :]

Simple, polite and facetious request: no major host **** ups this time please :]
No worries, I plan on actually reading this time so nothing like that happens again~

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
This wasn't a simple decision to make, but I'll sign up and hope I'm not a total trainwreck in this game.

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
This wasn't a simple decision to make, but I'll sign up and hope I'm not a total trainwreck in this game.
Its ok, I will be. I haven't played mafia in so long, what is a roleblocker?

-Rosen

Bored
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Cleb
Kilza don't even front you're good ._.

I'll be starting to create the setup for this game now. Being that it's a smaller game, I plan to change Day/Night cycles to 48/24 hours, that way the flow of the game doesn't come to a halt right at the start. Let me know if you have any objections to this.

-Rosen

Bored
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Cleb
Roles have been handed out; we'll start a bit early.

Day 1 has begun! It will end Sunday, December 23, at 12:00AM EST. This game uses a PLURALITY LYNCH, therefore whoever has the MOST votes at the end of the Day, regardless of majority, will be lynched. I'll be adding this to the OP since I took from the wrong thread when I made this game ._.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Oh, this is underway now. Hello y'all. How are you all doing?

Just as a fair warning now, I won't be around at the end of Day 1 since I'll be going to a hockey game, so I'll be missing those last few hours (around 8 PM-2 AM EST), so rip me. I trust we'll figure this all out before then, though!

Sinister M.

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Sam
Checking in :]

Forgive me if my activity is relatively low first day - lead up to Christmas and all.

I am doing good, Kilza. Mighty fine weather we're having, yes?