Marriland Mafia: A Return to A Simple Tale (Endgame: Town & Chatterbox Win!)

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
@Zerade On what grounds did you think Mafia would target Curry? Why wouldn't they target Kilza or Vivid?

Zerade

ralph
after just a simple search kilza had 20 posts d1 while curry has 31 so you tell me why they targeted him over those two

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
God, this defense is so laughable.
1. Obviously I wasn’t talking about my own scum slip, that would be idiotic. I meant someone else slipping through questions I may have asked them.
hmm, so let me get this straight. Me asking you:
Any thoughts? Any answers to the questions posed in this game?
With you replying:
my thoughts are that whatever I say at this point is irrelevant as it’s not going to lead to a scum slip or a non random lynch so there’s absolutely no point in elaborating on them
Somehow turns into:
I meant someone else slipping through questions I may have asked them.
Posting your own thoughts and answers to other questions == questions that lead to scum slips??? Congrats, that makes zero sense.

2 and 3. both of those meant absolutely nothing as does most of the things I say on a regular basis though I do understand that this is a game of intepretation so of course they would go under scrutiny. can’t say much else.
So you going "lol" to me accusing you as mafia and voting you meant absolutely nothing? That's so hard to believe.

4. literally what’s the point in me bothering typing out a post for something that’s a forgone conclusion? also think for a moment about what you’re saying - either I vote no lynch which I guarantee would have come up now if I had done or I make the hammer vote for my teammate - neither option makes sense. the latter might’ve thrown suss off me for a bit but that’s it
hmm, so you're not denying that Bubba's your teammate anymore? Not trying to be like "my teammate you're accusing me of having if I was mafia"? Don't quote this and be like "no that's what you're saying about me". Wording matters, and you clearly aren't denying the possibility of you and Bubba as teammates here.

5. I didn’t mention bubba because I didn’t read him as sus what else do you want from me
Why not even mention him, then? Obviously a lot of the discussion on Day 2 surrounded around Bubba, yet here you are, one day later, being like "oh I didn't read him as sus" after he flipped mafia. Why not say it Day 2, then? Don't answer this and be like "because you would've found me suspicious".

6. kilza you’re aware of how I operate why do you act like this is out of the ordinary especially in such a stupid scenario
This is such a poor defense. Because, no, I'm not aware of how you operate within a game of mafia. Should I just go back to Azurilland and try to read your meta from previous games, then?

8. i didn’t scum read bubba and I didn’t defend myself because it would’ve fallen on deaf ears like this also likely will
Well if this is how you defend yourself then it's probably a good thing for yourself you didn't try to yesterday.

9. similar reason here as to 4 - while I didn’t scum read bubba I was fine with lynching him but I still felt lycoris was better for it so when a tie was formed I made my intentions known
You got caught, Vivid flushed your vote out. There's more to this, though. You keep repeating "I didn't scum read Bubba". You never explain why you didn't view him as scum. You never said to town at any point before today "hey I don't think Bubba's scum because ___". Hell, even in your own defense of yourself you've never brought up why you didn't think he was scum. It's like you expect us to be dumb and just believe you when you say "I didn't scum read Bubba" and leave it at that. No, I want some ****ing reasoning as to why. Give us an explanation as to why you didn't think he was scum.

also kilza why exactly are you so sure there are only 2 mafia. you’ve not even considered the possibility that even if I am mafia that there could still be another one
It's because 6-2-1 is the only role setup that makes sense for this game. 7-1-1 is impossible, 5-3-1 makes no sense. Like, on Day 2 with a 5-3-1 setup that means it's 4-3-1 -> 5-3. Right now, Day 3, that'd make it 3-2-1 -> 4-2. That basically means that town has no margin of error for their lynches. Basically if town lynches somebody and it's a mislynch, town is auto ****ed. That makes no sense. Town needs to be given some breathing room in case of a mislynch. You can't set up a game where town needs to have perfect play in order to win, because that is not balanced. And if town had mislynched somebody D1 it would've been 4-3-1, I choose a mafia member as a mentor and then the game's already over. There's no way in hell that would be allowed to happen.

Maybe if you actually bothered reading this game you'd see I already talked about this on Day 1 (although to a lesser degree about why 5-3-1 makes no sense) in this post.

simply put I protected her n1 because it’d be funny. my initial reaction was to protect curry because mafia would obviously target him but I chose her knowing maf obviously wouldn’t kill her because I wanted to see what would happen
Congrats on the worst possible excuse you could have possibly come up with in regards to protecting her. This just confirms that (1) if you really are Doc you gamethrew by, in your own words, choosing somebody the mafia wouldn't kill over somebody the mafia would kill or (2) you're mafia and you ****ed up your own fake claim by saying you protected her N1.

Zerade

ralph
i can’t even be bothered. listen, kilza, have fun being smug, but let it be known you aren’t nearly as clever as you happen to think you are

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Okay.

This is where we're at with the votes:
Zerade (2): ~Kilza~, Varhii
No Vote (4): Resolute, Zerade, Lycoris, Sinister M.

This is where we're at with the claims
Claims:
1) Resolute
2) Zerade - Doctor
3) Lycoris - Citizen
5) Varhii - Citizen
8) Sinister M.
9) ~Kilza~ - Student -> Citizen

@Resolute, @Sinister M., if you could claim that'd be appreciated (also if Sinister could say something at all that'd be cool).

Also it's mostly been just me and Zerade for the past little bit here, so if the rest of y'all wanna chip in and say something that'd be appreciated.

Resolute

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
EST
I claim Citizen.

tbh @Zerade I don't mean this in a bad way, but I don't really know how I'm not supposed to sus you if you "can't be bothered". Plus, your defense isn't falling on deaf ears, at least for me. Your response labeled 1. makes sense to me tbh, but I feel like for a lot of this, you're using memey language and style to try and cover up suspicious behavior.

That's just me, though. You've done more to make me suspicious than to convince me you're town. :/ /vote Zerade.

Resolute

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
EST
btw that's supposed to be Citizen.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
I /Vote Zerade because he has been scummy to the bone now. After he roleclaimed as Doctor, I doubt that he is one, especially after he said this:

simply put I protected her n1 because it’d be funny. my initial reaction was to protect curry because mafia would obviously target him but I chose her knowing maf obviously wouldn’t kill her because I wanted to see what would happen
Excuse me? You only "protected" me because it would be "funny"? If you were actually a Doctor, then you actually wouldn't experiment with this sort of thing. Also if you were truly a Doctor, you would rather protect Kirichaki, a player who is better. The Mafia wouldn't be actually interested in me because of how I've been playing poorly in the game. Also you wanted to lynch me the next day, which would come off as flipping (I think I'm using the right word). This gave me thought that you are nothing but a liar, and with your lying of being Doctor, I've come to conclusion that you are in fact, a pure Mafia.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Also, if my reasoning is a bit confusing, then I'm sorry. I was very angry due to Zerade's behavior. That's the time where I got very angered in the game.

Zerade

ralph
i said I can’t be bothered because the case against me is rather dogmatic at this point. Everything I said in my first response to kilza was true but he wouldn’t have any of it and now lycoris is of a similar mind, so what’s the point in wasting my time when their minds are made up already lmao. like I said earlier, this is not a good idea but y’know, you do you. im just gonna have fun

Zerade

ralph
yes lycoris I protected you because it was funny which you’re proving lmao

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
That doesn't still mean that I don't see you as Mafia. There's a lot evidence in the game for you being scum.

Zerade

ralph
where in my post did I say that was meant to make you think I wasn’t mafia

ive literally twice now said im not bothering defending myself any more lol

Resolute

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
EST
Have it your way, I guess. :/

Well, since it looks like Zerade is prob going to be lynched based on the consensus of the town, let's move on to something else. Specifically...

- I don't think @Sinister M. has checked in D3. I'd love to hear from you, particularly a roleclaim and your opinion on recent events + reads.
- I'd love to see a similar post/set of posts from Varhii, if you can.

Sinister M.

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Sam
Hello, just checking in and saying nothing happened to me last night

I am not free today and have been very busy for the last few days; i will try to check in later if I can, sorry for not being around

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)

-Rosen

Bored
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Cleb
The Day will likely be extended by a couple hours, since I'm going to have family over tonight and don't want to ditch them to update the game

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Like 4-6 hours or whatever until the day ends now. Things have unsurprisingly slowed to a crawl.

This is where we're at with the votes:
Zerade (4): ~Kilza~, Varhii, Lycoris, Resolute
No Vote (2): Zerade, Sinister M.

This is where we're at with the claims
Claims:
1) Resolute - Citizen
2) Zerade - Doctor
3) Lycoris - Citizen
5) Varhii - Citizen
8) Sinister M.
9) ~Kilza~ - Student -> Citizen

So Zerade will get lynched. In the event we were wrong and he actually is Doc, I'll just go through what is likely to happen:
N3: We're left with this:
1) Resolute
3) Lycoris
5) Varhii
8) Sinister M.
9) ~Kilza~

4-1, except we'd have no Doc/BG (there's no way there'd be 2 TPs in this game). So that means I'm for sure dead.

D4: The safe assumption of me dying leaves us with this:
1) Resolute
3) Lycoris
5) Varhii
8) Sinister M.

3-1, so it's MYLO. Safe play is to no lynch, but since there are two town locks for me (Resolute, Lycoris) the reality is the last mafia would be either Varhii or Sinister M.. So lynching on D4 actually okay since it's basically 50/50 regardless, though not lynching does give town one more day to figure this out.

If it's a no lynch, odds are the mafia kills Resolute N4. For D5, Varhii and Sinister would vote against each other, leaving Lycoris as the deciding vote.

If we do reach Day 4, then all I can say is whatever happens happens. We'll need to hear more from @Varhii and @Sinister M. in order to accurately figure out who the last mafia is.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Here are my D3 reads. They are quite sucky, but I tried I guess.

~Kilza~ - 100% Town lean. You've been doing quite fairly well in the game. You also point out in the game well, for example how someone is playing, etc.

Resolute - You're new, but you've been doing well in the game, better what I've been doing in the game. >.>

Sinister M. - Inactive and has low post count in the game, but have made some good points through the game. Slightly town lean.

Varhii - Inactive, we have to hear more from you.

Zerade - My reasoning to vote for you says it all, "Doc".