Marriland Mafia: A Return to A Simple Tale (Endgame: Town & Chatterbox Win!)

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Just proofread posts before you post them and you won't have to worry about typos :winkazurill:

Benny still hasn't posted, right? I'll poke him on Discord cuz he might have just forgotten about the game lol

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Yes, he still has to post. He's got less than 12 hours now.

Sinister M.

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Sam
Re: voting question; I'm always pretty staunchly against D1 lynches. Barring any wildly irregular play, there is rarely ever a strong enough reason to find someone suspicious this early on, and raw probability suggests that lynching is a bad idea.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Hello @Zerade, glad you finally showed up. Any thoughts on the game so far? Could you answer the questions that have come up so far during the game?

Sinister M.

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Sam
no cos I haven’t had a chance to read it all yet
Yes, and the Lord in Heaven™ gave us 2 eyes to see, and 10 digits to type with. Thus we may type 5 times as much as we read! Oh, how the Lord almighty God's light shines upon us this day!

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Thank u for blessing us with ur presence Benny

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
Well now that everyone has posted and there will be no modkills, let's start discussing lynch since there's only about 9 hours left. What say ye, people?

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
I would still prefer to not lynch because we have only 9 people and not much to go off of

But with plurality if anyone votes we'll get a lynch so we'll probably get one even if not everyone wants to do it :J

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
You can vote for no lynch by typing skip in the format of voting, which is counted in plurality. So if people don't want a lynch, feel free to vote for no lynch. As for me, I will be voting for a lynch now that there will be no modkills but if I get outvoted for no lynch I'm perfectly fine with that too.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
But with plurality if anyone votes we'll get a lynch so we'll probably get one even if not everyone wants to do it :J
No. Just do "/vote skip" to make sure it's a no lynch.

Just from how people's responses to Curry's "do you want to lynch somebody" question went:
Lynch: ~Kilza~ (but hesitant), Kirichaki, Lycoris
No Lynch: Vivid Stardust, Sinister M., Varhii, seaturtle
No response given: Zerade, Resolute

For the moment I don't have much else to add, still working on my reads. They'll be up in a few hours at most.

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Hmm...I agree that we should discuss it, even if we end up not lynching anyone. I don’t know if lynching is the best idea, but we need to discuss it. The problem is that I don’t know where to start.

I’m going to post some very loose, gut-feeling suspicions.

Based solely on what’s been posted so far, I’m suspicious of Zerade. It’s been a few hours and he hasn’t posted his thoughts on how the game is going so far, and he hasn’t even answered the first two questions from day one (everyone else has). Granted, I’m a fast reader who’s been keeping up with the game, and there’s several walls of text to read through. However, I would think that about two hours would give him enough time to at least get through the first page and a half and post some short thoughts.

As far as other people I’m suspicious of, my gut’s telling me that Kirichaki is suspicious. I’m not sure why, because he’s just asking questions and acting in a way that benefits town as far as I can tell. Maybe it’s the repeated desire to discuss lynching day one and wanting to lynch day one (but Kilza and Lycoris also wanted to lynch day one if possible). I think it’s just because both of the times Kirichaki mentioned it, it was unprompted, whereas when Kilza and Lycoris said they wanted to lynch day one if possible, it was in response to Kirichaki’s question. Again, it’s just a gut feeling, and I wouldn’t want to lynch Kirichaki just on that.

I think Lycoris’ mistakes so far (like editing posts multiple times) can be attributed to being new to Mafia, but it’s still a little odd. I’ll try and keep an eye on that sort of thing.

I don’t know what to make of the jokeposting Sinister, Zerade, and Bubba did earlier on the page. I feel like it’s important somehow? We’ll have to see.

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
I refuse to not stick to my roots and not advocate lynching day one (hope that's worded right? English is hard). Always have wanted to, always will want to. People here are like "it's day 1 let's not try :)" and its pissing me off. Sure, day 1 is pretty boring, but it's only the most boring if people refuse to try and help make it not boring. It's incredibly sad people seem to be waiting for night actions to happen to try and make anything out of the game.

Sinister M.

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Sam
First 'joke' (highly offensive that you would even begin to consider my earnest, pious, and well-meaning posts 'jokes') post was clearly a response to Zerade's obnoxiousness. The other was uh, a joke. You know, for fun. Sometimes people like to have fun.

Sus'ing on Zerade for making jokey and lazy posts is insubstantial this early on; day 1 is day 1, and such play is only suspicious in the presence of stakes or accusations, or possibly at a point in the game where serious contribution is actually required. This isn't a defense of zerade; more an attack on your reasoning.

I am very wary of people who want to lynch.

For all of those people: Reasons please? Why would a lynch at this point favour town? ESPECIALLY thoae of you who don't have a target in mind? To my mind a stab in the dark at this point is clearly an anti-town play.