Marriland Mafia: A Return to A Simple Tale (Endgame: Town & Chatterbox Win!)

Sinister M.

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Sam
I refuse to not stick to my roots and not advocate lynching day one (hope that's worded right? English is hard). Always have wanted to, always will want to. People here are like "it's day 1 let's not try :)" and its pissing me off. Sure, day 1 is pretty boring, but it's only the most boring if people refuse to try and help make it not boring. It's incredibly sad people seem to be waiting for night actions to happen to try and make anything out of the game.
???? We have no reasons to lynch anyone? No substantial (or even insubstantial) sus on anyone?

Therefore our lynch boils down to randomness? Therefore probability is against town? Therefore lynching is a bad idea? Therefore why is that something you oppose? Therefore!!!

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
Therefore, people who are trying so heavily to be no lynch I feel are people who are trying to act town to make a "town" play and get town cred. Now that there wioll be no modkills there is 0 reason to not lynch in terms of numbers. Even in a 6-2-1 with a townie lynch and a dead (most likely) townie tonight, town still has advantage.

I have my suspicions, and I will be sure to post them before it is too late, but I want to see more information from the people first before I make a full decision on who I vote for.

Zerade

ralph
curry people aren’t gonna just suddenly lynch cos “it’s pissing you off” unless they’re absolute idiots lol they need an actual reason for it

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
I didn't say they have to want to lynch lmao, I said not try, that doesn't say lynch does it? I think we should, but that doesn't define the entire phrase "not try," does it?

Zerade

ralph
fair enough I misread that a bit, but still just saying that doesn’t really make people want to try either

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
Oh I know, people who don't care aren't gonna care I said that lol, I'm just venting. Hooray wifom.

Sinister M.

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Sam
Therefore, people who are trying so heavily to be no lynch I feel are people who are trying to act town to make a "town" play and get town cred.
This reason is so... bad. Making a play that helps town = scum? Again, it's a potentially valid piece of reasoning in addition to other things at a later point in the game, but in the absence of that it's just nonsense.

I'm not against the idea of a day 1 lynch if someone has a compelling reason, but logic and experience dictate that there rarely ever is such reasoning this early on.

In the game's current position, I do not condone lynching randomly, and I believe that lynching randomly is a scummy idea.

Currently, if we lynch, I see it as random; in the absence of any evidence.

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
First 'joke' (highly offensive that you would even begin to consider my earnest, pious, and well-meaning posts 'jokes') post was clearly a response to Zerade's obnoxiousness. The other was uh, a joke. You know, for fun. Sometimes people like to have fun.

Sus'ing on Zerade for making jokey and lazy posts is insubstantial this early on; day 1 is day 1, and such play is only suspicious in the presence of stakes or accusations, or possibly at a point in the game where serious contribution is actually required. This isn't a defense of zerade; more an attack on your reasoning.
Sorry for not getting your sense of humor. :p

That’s fair, Sinister. Like I said, it’s a gut-feeling rather than a serious suspicion, and you’re absolutely right that my reasoning isn’t 100% accurate. I’m not saying that his posting style automatically makes him scum. All I’m saying is that it bothered me and it’s a little suspicious to me. It’s not something I would want to lynch over by itself. I tend to take everything more seriously than I should, so “jokey and lazy posts” seem off to me in a game like this. (That probably read as defensive....Just know that I understand what you were saying.)

Also, @Kirichaki I never said I didn’t want to not do anything regarding a day one lynch. I just think we should discuss it first before going into anything. I’m not for a lynch right now because as people have said, there is almost nothing to go off of. That doesn’t mean I don’t think we should discuss it so we have a place to start day two.

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
Before I post my suspicions, @seaturtle do you have any new thoughts on the game so far?

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Lulz at being suspicious because of benny and Sam joking. It's day one, it's usually full of ****posting and casual discussion. I don't get the "people should be serious" mentality when there isn't much to be serious about.

The only thing I can see that's "interesting" is discussing nl vs lynch, and even then it's incredibly wifom. Mafia knows a rl is more likely to hit town, but it's obvious to be better for mafia so they could go with the more town sided play of nl. Or they could be using double wifom and be trying to get a lynch out of it by pretending a real mafia player would be hiding in town. I don't think there's enough to go off of right now to say which of these are happening. Someone being hesitant or switching sides suddenly is more suspicious than just having an opinion one way or the other, and even then it's like ???

I'd say just wait until tomorrow when we have a kill or other night actions to discuss, no need to risk sacrificing a townie to make d1 more "interesting".

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
@~Kilza~ I'm going to vote for a lynch if we can find evidence that's substantial. If nothing comes up, I'd say town should pass the day and use what we learn from N1 to definitely lynch tomorrow.

btw thought i'd mention that @Zerade 's posts are pretty similar to how I've seen Jesters act in past games. Watch out for him.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
[QUOTE="Resolute]
btw thought i'd mention that @Zerade 's posts are pretty similar to how I've seen Jesters act in past games. Watch out for him.[/QUOTE]I mean ya but it's also how Benny posts on a regular basis so

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Oof well that didn't work so much for proofreading before posting :tearazurill::thisisfineazurill:

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
I gotcha. I'm just comparing him to how Boss played in the last game he was Jester.

I'm a bit suspicious, but not enough where I'm going to straight up accuse Benny. I want to see how he posts the rest of this round and D2 before I draw a conclusion. I mean, you said it yourself; Mafia posts should be well thought-out and proofread. Benny doesn't strike me as doing either at this time. :/

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I refuse to not stick to my roots and not advocate lynching day one (hope that's worded right? English is hard). Always have wanted to, always will want to. People here are like "it's day 1 let's not try :)" and its pissing me off. Sure, day 1 is pretty boring, but it's only the most boring if people refuse to try and help make it not boring. It's incredibly sad people seem to be waiting for night actions to happen to try and make anything out of the game.
Isn't that the unfortunate meta of Azurilland/Marriland mafia, though? People overrelying on night actions to figure out who's town and who isn't, rather than trying to use the day play as well to figure out who's town and who isn't.

For all of those people: Reasons please? Why would a lynch at this point favour town? ESPECIALLY thoae of you who don't have a target in mind? To my mind a stab in the dark at this point is clearly an anti-town play.
This is going back to my reasoning from earlier (including the hesitation part):
I'm usually in favor of D1 lynches, since any sort of lynch, whether it's a good one or a mislynch, does give us valuable information and helps us towards figuring out who the mafia/(possibly) evil neutrals are sooner. That said, I'm a bit hesitant to do it this game, since the fact that there's just 9 people means every lynch matters that much more, so there's more risk involved in having a D1 mislynch.
Like, that said, obviously I'm not advocating for a random lynch. Random lynching, especially when there's only 9 people, is stupid. If we lynch it's because there's somebody who is suspicious and the reasoning provided against that person checks out. Like I have suspicions on a couple of people, and if I'm going to lynch somebody it's going to be somebody who I am suspicious about and feel confident lynching.

No matter what, though, hopefully we can all agree that if we don't lynch today we lynch on D2.

@Zerade - I'm going to ask you this again. Any thoughts? Any answers to the questions posed in this game? You've had more than enough time to at least skim through the game.

Zerade

ralph
my thoughts are that whatever I say at this point is irrelevant as it’s not going to lead to a scum slip or a non random lynch so there’s absolutely no point in elaborating on them

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
@~Kilza~ Yeah, definitely. If we don't lynch today, we need to lynch day two. That's why I want to discuss it and have people bring up their suspicions so we can have a starting point.

@Zerade We still have 5 or 6 hours. Just because something won't lead to a scum slip or some substantial evidence doesn't mean that it isn't important. We can't just withhold information or thoughts, even early in the game. Sometimes, even the little things are important.

I had a response commenting on the whole joke thing from earlier, but to me, it sounded very defensive, childish, possibly rude or aggressive, and like I was making excuses, so I didn't include it. If y'all want me to explain my reaction to the jokes from earlier, you can ask.

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
I think Benny is just memeing, I don't see him as sus yet.

My main suspicion lies on seaturtle at the moment. Seaturtle has done literally nothing of significance, while trying to post to act active and somewhat blend in like they're trying to help.
seaturtle said:
As for n1 kills I'd probably go for people that could be power players in late game or just meme tbh
He claims that the n1 kill for mafia could potentially be a meme which, since there is day play beforehand in this game that makes literally 0 sense. In a game where there is no day play before the first night, sure, I could maybe see a meme kill but why would the mafia waste a kill on a meme when they can put themselves in a huge advantage? Like sure this is an rqs answer but the answer doesn't sound right to me.

seaturtle said:
Do we have any alts?

If not lol rip this game
Useless post, lol.

seaturtle said:
I don't think there's any problem with answering the question, but it doesn't really give solid evidence for mafia because widom yeah
First of all, pretty sure that is supposed to say wifom, which is fine. Second of all, answering that question DOES give evidence/reasoning behind mafia decision making, including refusing to answer it like multiple of us did. Everything you say in mafia, even meme'ing, can be important. Sorry if people don't want to believe that or hear it, but it is true. And before anyone says this is stupid, I know it is, but at least for me I take every single post (even the filler that M and Benny were doing, which I did actually find funny) into account.

seaturtle said:
Editing posts in Mafia is against the rules, you're allowed one single double post instead. Or just make sure what you want to say is included before you post It- either way, you can't change what you've said.

@-Rosen I can confirm that the only bit edited was the last little bit, for what it's worth.
I had already mentioned this, there was no reason to just say it again. The second part of the post where he confirms that the only things changed were what she said is fair enough since he's an admin, but again it comes across as another post he's trying to do to make him seem helpful.

seaturtle said:
Just proofread posts before you post them and you won't have to worry about typos :winkazurill:

Benny still hasn't posted, right? I'll poke him on Discord cuz he might have just forgotten about the game lol
Another filler post, could've just messaged Benny without saying "k i'll message him." not really holding this post against him, just saying it is unnecessary.

seaturtle said:
Thank u for blessing us with ur presence Benny
More filler.

seaturtle said:
I would still prefer to not lynch because we have only 9 people and not much to go off of

But with plurality if anyone votes we'll get a lynch so we'll probably get one even if not everyone wants to do it :J
Pretty much everyone up until this point aside from me said they either didn't want to lynch or were very hesitant to do so. This post makes 0 sense since if I had winged a vote alone and everyone else just voted to not lynch I would be beat on plurality by a landslide. He sounds like a lynch is inevitable which came off as really offputing to me.

To sum this all up, seaturtle has done nothing productive and is in the category of people who don't seem to try or care just because it is day 1. Aside from my gut feelings and this post I think seaturtle is the most suspicious which is why I /vote seaturtle. I'm completely open to hearing a response from Bubba and seeing if my opinion changes based on it but as it stands I find Bubba the most suspicious and having a real suspicion out on the table, whether it be weak or strong, can help us really talk about who we find suspicious. Remember that there are only six hours left in day, so if you plan to vote for lynch someone or vote no lynch, do it soon.