Marriland Mafia: A Return to A Simple Tale (Endgame: Town & Chatterbox Win!)

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
First things first, I'm going to vote /No Lynch because I feel that the lynches that are currently being proposed are sort of people grasping at straws. I'm personally a bit wary of Kirichaki due to him seemingly trying to get himself into a position of town leadership and saying those who oppose him are wrong. Him jumping on seaturtle despite it being Day 1 and and there being little original things to post in general without a development stands out to me in a way similar to Cleb (in I believe Back to Basics). while I agree there is more seaturtle could have talked about, there are several other people in a similar boat as him: Lycoris and Zerade. While yes, waiting on the night is "relying on night actions," it does give us some form of information to base stuff off of rather than posts from a day half the people aren't taking seriously.

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
I don't see myself in a position of town leadership. I do think people who don't want to lynch are making the wrong choice, yes, but if that's the way you feel then go ahead, I literally said I'd be okay if no lynch wins out in the end. I don't want it to, but it's a situation in which I'm okay with, votes and cases have been placed. We get even more information out of someone lynching in the end, but just the debate of who to lynch and what votes get placed is helpful instead of everyone just going "no lynch" and we get even less done on Day 1. "Despite it being Day 1 and there being no original content" is not a reason for me to not pressure someone...lol. You can pressure someone for the dumbest stuff. Sure, it is the dumbest stuff. But pressuring for something gets reactions out of people in the end doesn't it? Which helps. Sure there are other people similar to him, but so what? It's very clear we aren't getting anything out of Zerade at this point, even if I did pressure him. So why would I pressure someone and waste my time on someone who clearly won't give me anything back when seaturtle has been actively posting? What kind of development do you want? Someone dying? Cause we can make our own developments by posting with things like suspicions and cases. "Developments" don't have just be raw scum slips or night actions.

I'm cautious of Lycoris at the moment, but I don't think they are scum at this point in time. Seaturtle is my biggest suspect at the moment and I'm sticking with it.

As an aside, can I say that whoever made the decision on the new site that your post drafts would be saved and there even if you go to a new page in the thread are SAINTS.

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
Final line should say "drafts would be saved even if" I don't know why I put "and there" in it, oops.

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
@~Kilza~ Yeah, I see where you're coming from. In my eyes, folks' responses to that question could give me an idea of whether or not they're scum. Like, if Person 1 said Person 2 was probably going to get lynched N1, and either Person 1 or 2 didn't make it to D2, I thought that might be an indication that one of them might be scum. That's what I mean when I said "using it as evidence for D2". Hopefully that clears that up.

It didn't even cross my mind that mafia could use that to turn town on each other like you mentioned earlier...that was an honest mistake on my part. I hate to play the "lmao I'm new at mafia I suck" card - it's really not an excuse for me at this point, I've been playing since last year - but my the flaws with my RQ were a result of not thinking through it as much as I could and not having the experience to know it was flawed.

Sorry I didn't make that explicitly clear in my initial response to your criticism.

As far as my read of Zerade goes...in my eyes, if there's a way to confirm him as Jester, then I don't think we should pay any more attention to him. If we can't before D2, I'll agree with Kilza and say lynch away. No constructive responses = reasonable town lynch in my eyes.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Updating where the votes stand:
seaturtle (2) - Kirichaki, Lycoris
Zerade (1) - ~Kilza~
Skip vote/No lynch (1) - Varhii
Not voted: Resolute, Zerade, seaturtle, Vivid Stardust, Sinister M.

(Remember if there's a tie, tiebreaker goes to the person which got the most current votes first)

I don't have anything new to add since I'm about to leave. I'll be off for the night and will miss the remainder of Day 1. In theory I could jump in and change my vote, but I'm not moving from it. I've been given no reason to change it, so it'll stay on Zerade. I trust you all to make the right decision, though.

Definitely nervous for tonight, though, since I feel like I could die (although admittedly I'm paranoid af). I guess we'll see how things shake out.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Popping in to /vote skip before the day ends. I'm pretty sure Benny is being jokey just to get attention and for lulz, and don't have solid reads on anyone to make me want to lynch day 1.

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Alright, as much as I am suspicious of Zerade right now, I still worry that a first day lynch isn't the best idea. We'll have much more information day two. I'm going to vote for /No Lynch.

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
For the record unless Cleb has changed it, the first to reach the number in a tie is who does/doesn’t get lynched. So at the moment until at least one more person votes for no lynch, Bubba is still set to be lynched. In case people didn’t know that.

Kirichaki

Monokuma appears!
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Curry, Clam
Time Zone
EST
And speak of the devil LOL. Ok with Vivid’s vote the current decision if no one else votes/changes their vote is to no lynch.

-Rosen

Bored
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Cleb
Apologies for being a bit late on this; I've been away from a computer with family for a bit longer than I expected.

Final Vote Count:

seaturtle (2): Kirichaki, Lycoris
Zerade (1): ~Kilza~
No Lynch (3): Varhii, seaturtle, Vivid Stardust

Nobody was lynched.

Night 1 has begun! It will last until Monday, December 24, at 12:00AM EST. Day 2 will likely be extended due to Christmas.

-Rosen

Bored
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Cleb
Kirichaki was found dead in his home last Night. He was a Citizen.

Day 2 has begun! It will last until Thursday, December 27, at 12:00AM EST. You have an extra 24 hours due to Christmas falling during this cycle.

1) Resolute
2) Zerade
3) Lycoris
4) seaturtle
5) Varhii
7) Vivid Stardust
8) Sinister M.
9) ~Kilza~
6) Kirichaki (Citizen - Murdered - Night 1)

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Well, ****, that's unfortunate. Definitely makes Bubba more suspicious now.

Going to start off by asking two things, though:
To everyone: Did anything happen to you last night?
To @Resolute @Sinister M. @Zerade: None of you voted on Day 1. Why?

Nothing happened to me last night.

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Nothing happened to me either.

I’m actually slightly surprised at Kirichaki dying. Curry was definitely trying to help town, even if it came across a bit harshly, but I didn’t think he’d be the first to go.

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
I thought I said that I wanted to not lynch?

Oh, rip. I didn't put the /vote thing in there. D:

Vivid Stardust

AKA
Vivid, Apollo
@Resolute Did anything happen to you last night? (ie, did you get roleblocked, bussed, witched, etc.)

Going off of yesterday, I think the two people we need to question are Zerade and Bubba. It’s suspicious that the person who was questioning Bubba the hardest died, as Kilza said. I think we’ll have to see how Bubba responds before we go further there.

~ Incoming close analysis of emoji usage ~

Zerade’s 👀 responses seemed to be mostly directed at Curry’s suspicions, and I think that’s noteworthy. Each of his 👀 and more jokey posts were during the part where Kirichaki was making posts accusing Bubba, Lycoris was agreeing with him, and Bubba was defending himself. Whether it was “just memeing” or not, I still think it’s odd that the only time he was giving that specific response was during that particular accusation. When Kilza and I were trying to get him to respond, he responded in words and short sentences, rather than 👀. He also said that I was “right on the money” after I made a specific post, and it’s one of the two serious responses he’s given to any of the posts so far (besides the “I don’t want to say anything because nothing I say will give us new information” post). ...I’m probably making something out of nothing with the responses, but it’s one of the only leads I can get from his posts. (Plus the whole “not responding or giving thoughts or anything” issue and the “not voting in any direction” issue make Zerade suspicious.)

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Nothing happened to me last night either. Oh yeah, and I'm also surprised that Kirichaki died. Mostly because that he was doing well to help the town.

Also interesting analysis that you got here, Vivid Stardust, but myself I think that Zerade was just jokeposting.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Why I do think so? Because that's how Zerade posts often, even outside of the game.

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Okay, nothing happened to me last night and it sucks that my suspicions were off about Kirichaki. Means we lost both a townie and a good player. Anyway, with him dying I'd personally be a bit wary of jumping on Bubba as I feel it's more likely the mafia killed Kirichaki to throw suspicion on the people he was pressuring. I still would like to see him post as soon as possible though. Similar story about Zerade too tbh.

Sinister M.

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Sam
Hello hi

DEVELOPMENTS. Definitely a WIFOM situation with Curry's killer, but I agree it definitely puts eyes on Bubba. I will revisit Curry's arguments later today and see if there's anything worth bringing back up.

As to why I didn't vote yesterday: I intended to vote in the later part of the day, depending on what happened. Then I went to the pub, then I went to bed... Timezones. I didn't see Curry's sus on Bubba before I slept.

Sinister M.

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Sam
@Also Zerade stuff: Frankly it's irrelevant ow he normally posts; my opinion is that if someone play badly or scummy, they should be lynched - doesn't matter if that reflects their usual posting style. That being said, day 1 is day 1, and the situation is different. I won't condone action against Zerade based on yesterday, but if his play doesn't improve today then it might be a different story.