Marriland Mafia: A Return to A Simple Tale (Endgame: Town & Chatterbox Win!)

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
Agreeing with Sinister bc that's what I mentioned yesterday. If Zerade's play doesn't improve today, I'm all for a lynch.

And @Vivid Stardust nothing happened to me last night. When I get a moment later today, I plan on going through all of Kiri's posts and seeing what I can gleam from it. Stay tuned; I don't plan on pulling a Silver and disappearing. :P

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
nothing happened to me last night

rip curry, but i mean it makes sense from the mafia's point. he was actively leading town (or at least generating the most discussion), and killing someone who put pressure on someone else is gonna make them look suspicious so it's a win-win situation for them.

i'm still of the opinion that zerade's ****posty way of talking isn't something to condemn him for. i don't think he's done anything particularly towny and i'm not trying to say he isn't mafia, but i wouldn't lynch him just because he's been meme'ing.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Okay, everybody except Zerade has checked in. Good.

So (barring Zerade somehow being Sheriff and seeing something), we don't have anything to go off of night-actions wise except Curry's death. So yeah. That's where we're at. While I do agree that it's WIFOM to suspect Bubba because Curry suspected and voted against him, we don't have much to go off on, and it would've been WIFOM regardless ("Oh, Curry's still alive? Well that means Bubba can't be mafia! Unless...Bubba IS mafia and he didn't kill Curry because he doesn't want to be seen as mafia..."). I do agree that we should look at Curry's posts, but look at everybody else's posts too.

@seaturtle - I want to hear more about your own thoughts. Mainly, who do you suspect of being mafia and why?

Resolute

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
EST
Hmm. I looked through Kiri's posts and haven't really found anything yet. Here's my reads so far at the beginning of D2.

~Kilza~: Hard town lean. I was very impressed by how you pointed out the weakness in my D1 icebreaker questions, and you've continued to impress me since. Just about every post you've made so far has contributed positively to the discussion in my eyes. Regardless, you strike me as a player with experience and that makes me suspicious. I haven't forgotten the way that Cleb played Town like a fiddle while being Godfather a few games back.

Vivid Stardust: I'd say you're a more neutral town lean. I love how engaged you are in discussions. I want to continue to see that as the game goes on and more of your own opinions. You have a slight tendancy to encourage discussion rather than participate in it, [#97 slightly, a few others I can't seem to find :/] so I'd love to see even more of your own opinions.

Sinister M.: I'd say very neutral with slight town lean for me. The whole response to Zerade piques my scum radar, but you've made good points so far.

Lycoris: I get that you're new at this. I've been there too, and, honestly, I'd say that I'm still one of the most underexperienced players here. But you've gotta put more content and effort into your posts. I get that you're busy, but your first game is crucial for getting experience, and you can get that by being active, engaged, and investigative in discussion. Don't just follow what others say blindly. I can't get a good read on you if you don't post often, and if it doesn't pick up before D2 or D3 I'm going to be pretty suspicious.

Varhii: Not sure for you yet due to your low post count in the game so far. Maybe a slight scum lean for what I see as protecting one of my susses [#158]? That's me grasping at straws, though.

seaturtle: Definitely a scum lean for me. D1, I don't feel like you really contributed much in the way of RQ's and investigation. You've been super passive so far. The extent of your contributions have been commenting that D1 doesn't have much in the way of serious discussion [#111 and #57 a bit], trying to justify Zerade's ****posting [#111, #113, #146, and #162] (which to me seems like maf trying to protect maf), and encouraging town not to vote [#57, #94, #111, and #146]. Although you've provided reasoning behind these opinions, all of these seem like mafia sabotage. If I don't see some quote-unquote "real" contribution very shortly, I'm voting you out.

Zerade:
I've explained my position on this again and again. I love ****posting as much as the next guy, but it's not cool in the middle of a Mafia game. Either shape up your posts or ship out.

tl:dr I want to see more from @Varhii , @Lycoris , and @Sinister M. . I want @Zerade to improve post quality and want @seaturtle to offer more of his own opinions.

Resolute

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
EST
I'm happy to further explain my reasoning if need be. That list is also in order from least sus to most sus.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Since many mentioned that I'm blindly following others. I'm gonna explain all of this. I'm actually quite bad at explaining things, but I'm working on this. Also I'm quite nervous, and it can go out of control. I promise that I will work on all of this and will get better obviously.

Resolute

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
EST
@Lycoris No problem! Don't be nervous, Mafia is supposed to be fun. When it comes to this game, you've just got to do your best.

That being said, are you nervous because you're scum? :hmmazurill: :)

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
@Lycoris No problem! Don't be nervous, Mafia is supposed to be fun. When it comes to this game, you've just got to do your best.

That being said, are you nervous because you're scum? :hmmazurill: :)
I know it's supposed to be fun lol. It's just that I have tendency to be nervous when I do some things for the first time. Oh yeah, I am also reading the previous Mafia game (on Azurilland) that Kilza posted in the thread.

I'm only nervous because I'm playing my first Mafia game ever heh.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Glad to see you put in the effort and make up a reads list, Resolute.

@Lycoris - It's definitely okay to be nervous. I was nervous during my first game too, and I'm still nervous in this game (hi social anxiety). Even look at this game, where you have Bubba talking about stressing out over mafia and getting anxiety over it when he takes it seriously, and Curry admitting to having anxiety while playing too. So it's perfectly normal to be nervous or anxious while playing.

I'm also not that great at explaining things and expressing myself, lol. It's just something where I have to trust (and hope!) that I've explained myself enough that people understand where I'm coming from and what I'm saying. As long as you put in the effort and try your hardest, no one will fault you for that.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Okay guys, I have a question for you.

What do you want to accomplish in the game?

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
@Lycoris Don’t worry, I’m nervous too! This is only the second mafia game I’ve ever played online (and the first game went poorly, to say the least), and like some of the others here, I have pretty severe anxiety issues. (I legit thought people would get angry/stop taking me seriously after I posted my emoji analysis earlier.) Just try your best and figure out what helps you play the game well!

As for your question, I’d like to win if possible, learn how to play Mafia, actually get something right when it comes to suspicions, and have fun. Even though I’ve been taking this game seriously (a bit too serious for my own good, probably), I signed up because I like Mafia as a game, and I’m excited to play it!

Unless Zerade and/or Sinister say they got bussed last night, I think it’s safe to assume we don’t have a Bus Driver or Kidnapper for the following reasons:
- BD/KN would cause two people to get a notification. Six members of the group didn’t get a notification, so unless one or both got a notification, we don’t have one. (I say that one could get the notification but not the other because if only one gets a bussed notification, Curry probably got bussed last night too. I say “probably” because other roles can deal fake notifications, but we’ll worry about that if we only get one bussed claim.)
- There’s literally no reason not to bus people night one. By bussing and checking the reactions on the next day, town get more information, even if it’s just that the BD/KN role exists in the game. Even if we have a kidnapper and not a bus driver, bussing two town members might give the mafia a clue as to what TPRs there are. Not bussing if you’re BD/KN is not a good idea.
- Even if we have a Dancer (town or mafia), and someone got roleblocked, even in a small game like this, what is the likelihood of the Dancer roleblocking the BD/KN with no prior knowledge? I can tell you that it’s below 15%. Again, unless Zerade and/or Sinister claims roleblocked or bussed, I think we can eliminate Bus Driver/Kidnapper from the possible roles.

For other possible roles, because there was only one death, we can probably assume that there isn’t a Serial Killer (again, it doesn’t make sense for SK to not use a night action). A Spree Killer could technically be in the game (SpK could have set up on someone who didn’t get visited), but it’s highly unlikely to be part of the setup, especially for a small game. I still don’t think that there’s a Jester in this game, either.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
What do you want to accomplish in the game?
Two things. One, I want to improve my early day play. It's easily the weakest part of my game. Two, I want to win. I always play to win.

I actually missed that Sinister never said something happened to him. I thought he said something but that's a mistake on my part. Good catch Vivid. @Sinister M., did anything happen to you last night?

Anyways, yeah. I agree with you that there's no Bus Driver/Kidnapper. In general I wouldn't expect one anyways when the game is this small and their powers would become very limited in that regard. Although the whole "literally no reason not to bus people night one" isn't necessarily true, since bussing people early is sometimes seen as scummy. I said this earlier, but I don't think that there are any killers aside from the mafia, so I don't think the neutral (assuming 6-2-1, now 5-2-1) would be SK or SpK. The neutral would have to be in that benign/evil category.

I didn't comment on this earlier, but I thought your analysis with Zerade's :eyes: posts was good. Really, Zerade is still scum as I see it, and unless things dramatically change from him there's no reason he shouldn't be a candidate to get lynched today. There's also the argument to be made that when he responded with "hey looks like someone’s right on the money for once", it was in response to you saying "he doesn't care about the game at all", which to me is gamethrowing. By not caring about the game and not taking it seriously, he's hurting the side he is on, whether it be town, mafia or even himself if he is a neutral, and thus is not playing to win. As I said, I'm okay with having joking/lighthearted posts as long as there's also other posts that are actually serious and show that you do care about the game and are trying to win, like Sinister M. or Bubba, but there's been nothing like that from Zerade. It doesn't matter that it was Day 1, since Day 1 is still a crucial day which helps lay the foundation for how the rest of the game will go.

The rules even state:
Play to win. Not only will throwing get you flak from other players in the game, but it will also result in a Literal Ban.

Sinister M.

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Sam
@Resolute : can i ask why my opinions re: zerade piques your scum radar?

Also a bit drunk so not gonna post tonight..... Christmas too lol so gonna be quiet BUT I exist

Resolute

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
EST
@Sinister M. Absolutely! To me, your sarcasm in post #44 kind of set off an alarm that you may have been trying to discourage metagaming for scum purposes or just derail discussion. Also #87 and #89 (which comprise the Zerade response I was talking about) seem overly sarcastic with #79.

To me, you've made some good points [#107], but I could absolutely do without the memeing and sarcasm that serves no purpose but to be sarcastic. That's why I put you as really neutral...I can't tell if you're just memeing or actively trying to derail town. :shrug:

Hopefully that makes sense?

Zerade

ralph
yo so nothing happened to me last night

as for everyone’s questions, well. simplest answer is that I wasn’t taking the day seriously. im of course well aware that excuse isn’t at all good enough, but it’s the truth - my primary concern here is to have fun, and acting how I did yesterday was the easiest way for me to have fun, and for that reason I won’t apologise for my posts yesterday.

again completely forgot when the day started, so haven’t read through properly yet, so will go through and respond to more specific questions in a bit - so if you’ve got more for me let rip.

Zerade

ralph
ok it look like the only one is the no vote to which I say there was literally no point - not like I was gonna lead a lynch, and I didn’t and still don’t have strong enough means to want to anyway. that left no vote, which was already winning, and bubba, who I felt unsure of as a lynch at that point.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
@Zerade - I'll ask you the same thing I asked Bubba earlier. Who do you suspect of being mafia and why?

In general, other people are free to answer that question as well.

Zerade

ralph
right now? no one, particularly. there hasn’t been any real slips by anyone, and everyone’s still acting cagey so it’s hard to judge. there are a few who have been less helpful, which obviously means I consider them closer to scum, but no one who I have an outright suspicion of.

however, if I were to give a name, I would think varhii at the moment. at least from how I’ve interpreted them, his posts seem bloated wordwise but without any actual substance to them. most of the relevant info that is there are things already mentioned by others, and the few new pieces of info seem circumstantial at best and inconsequential at worst. still, might just be due to the severe lack of info he’s working with.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Alright. Thanks for actually answering the question. Obviously I'm still wary of you, but it's good to see you actually be cooperative.