Silver King
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Username: Gokudera
Date’s username (if applicable): N/A
Timezone(s): EST (UTC-5)
Do you prefer chicken or pasta?: Chicken.
Other information:

mfan168

Beginner Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
if you force me to draw my hand I’ll pick pasta

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
This is it everyone... The last day of MarriProm!

At 6:00 EST, the Prom Dance will open up to everyone on the Discord server. We'll have a channel to listen to music and a bot that will take requests, so be sure to join us! A little after 7:00 EST the Prom Royalty awards will be announced (and afterwards they'll be posted live on the server).

The other events will all be wrapping up too if they haven't finished already, so be sure to finish your battles and send in your last responses. It's been a great two weeks, so thank you all for participating c:

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Alright everyone... the events have ended, things are settling down, and everyone is enjoying reading over the (late) Newlywed Game responses. Usually this is the part where I'd make some big mushy post about how awesome things were.... but instead I made a video so be sure to check it out!!!!! Content warning, there are some clips from the forums and Discord that swear (and I think one of the songs does as well towards the end).

I'll leave most of the mushy stuff there, but I just wanna say again how thankful I am for the amazing committee I got to work with and how grateful I am that the community gets so involved for an event that's named after a school dance (lol).

Looking back, what do you guys think we could do better for next year? Be sure to let us know (as well as share some of your favorite moments from this year's MarriProm), whether here or on the Discord. This forum will be archived within the next week, so be sure to post all your messages here before that happens. The Discord server will remain open for anyone who wants to stay (whether for chatting purposes or just for memory).

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
big oof and apology to @Varhii and @Resolute for accidentally skipping over the funniest theme award, I'ma try to see if I can edit it into the video (if anyone could uh tell me how that would be appreciated cuz i made that abomination on powerpoint and now it's an mp4 and i have no idea what to do oops). pls pardon my addled mind last night ;///;

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
lmao those bunnies. Truth is I can't draw on computer but I also tried to make them funny on purpose and also had to rush to finish on time ^^' And kind of took some liberties with Luke's description :P so yep it was a mix of things. I did figure I had to draw Koffing but decided that the yellow Spongebob Roundpants thing was my own view of a cratered asteroid. Not that the description was not good, though!

Mine was drawing #5 by the way. :P

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
This was my first Marriprom, but I had fun! I'm glad I had the opportunity to participate, and I look forward to next year's event! ♥

big oof and apology to @Varhii and @Resolute for accidentally skipping over the funniest theme award, I'ma try to see if I can edit it into the video (if anyone could uh tell me how that would be appreciated cuz i made that abomination on powerpoint and now it's an mp4 and i have no idea what to do oops). pls pardon my addled mind last night ;///;
If you still have the original PowerPoint saved, you could probably just add a slide for funniest theme, save the video again, and then repost it. I think once it's an MP4 file, it's at the point of no return.

Alternatively, make a special video for them because ya forgot.

Fafrir

Hot Dog
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan (-6 GMT)
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
Overall, I felt this one was better than last year namely because there were more events (many were unique and fun) and I would love to see all of them back again next year. Some things I would add for next year is a category for best singles theme for the voting because it would be nice to see someone without a partner get recognition for their theme and if possible add an event for Jackbox (or any related interactive game) because it's all good fun!
Thank you all for hosting, I had a lot of fun!

P.S. You would not believe your eyes.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I didn't participate in AzuriProm last year, but participating in MarriProm this year was really fun! It was a really enjoyable two weeks for me! I had fun with all the events, which I hope will all be brought back in future years, and I'm definitely thankful I was able to have such an amazing date to do them with!

Thanks to the entire MarriProm committee for hosting and running the various events! I'm definitely looking forward to next year's MarriProm!

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I'm definitely thankful I was able to have such an amazing date to do them with!
.////.

i also did not do azuriprom mostly due to me not being active lol but i’m really happy i did marriprom this year. it’s been some of the most fun i’ve had in a while. thank u to everyone who ran each event and organized it all. thanks to kilza for bein my date too; ur a big part of why i enjoyed marriprom so much <3

Luke Strife

"Long live the king."
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
GMT
lmao those bunnies. Truth is I can't draw on computer but I also tried to make them funny on purpose and also had to rush to finish on time ^^' And kind of took some liberties with Luke's description :P
I did wonder what those abominations were, but I laughed my ass off so I guess it worked out all the same.

And the events were great fun, I really enjoyed this (even if we weren't winning!). I'm still really new to the community so this was my first opportunity to join in. If I'm around next year then I'll most likely join again. Big thanks to all the folks who hosted it!