Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Hey everyone! It's nearly February, and with that comes a relatively recent tradition of ours: Marriland Prom.

Marriprom is a forum event where users pair up to participate in various events. These events have included things like competitive Pokemon tournaments, a forum-version of the "Newlywed Game", Everyone is Mafia, and others. If you want to see what we did last year, you can check it out in the forum archive here. We've also had a MarriProm specific Discord server, with a "Dance" (music party) happening on the last day.

As February gets closer and closer, we'd like to ask you guys about your interest in MarriProm, and what you'd like to see. In the past we've also had applications for "committee members" who help with the planning process, but this year we'll be opting to reach out to people versus having applications. If you'd be willing to host an event you can mention that in this thread, though! We'll get in contact with you if we think we could use your help.

Questions:
  • Are you interested in participating in MarriProm this year?
  • What events would you like to see return? What do you think we could do better?
  • Do you have any ideas for new events?
  • Are you interested in helping host events?

Last edited:

Fafrir

Queen of Dragons
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
Henlo!
  • Are you interested in participating in MarriProm this year? Yes! It is a lot of fun.
  • What events would you like to see return? What do you think we could do better? I would like everything to return: Jeopardy, Newlywed, Art, Double Battles, Mad Libs, etc. As for improving events, add a Best Singles theme for voting and more variety for the couples double battle (i.e. rather than just pink it's red, white, and pink).
  • Do you have any ideas for new events? 2v2 Smash would be fun but I'm not sure if there's any interest for it. If possible, Jackbox would be cool.
  • Are you interested in helping host events? I could help out with the art event! I would love to host a Jackbox event but I sadly don't have a second monitor to help make streaming betterer.

atlus 2

biglilfella
Creative Soul
AKA
matlus
Update bubba threatened my nipples I will probably do it

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
  • Are you interested in participating in MarriProm this year? Well, yeah. I'll probably start out as a lone wolf just like last year, but I don't mind if anyone want me to be their date either.
  • What events would you like to see return? What do you think we could do better? Anything will do, especially things not involving voice and/or video calls (Double Battles, Mad Libs, EIM, etc.). For event improvements, gotta agree with @Fafrir for the couples double battle.
  • Do you have any ideas for new events? Don't have any for now, sorry. :pensiveazurill:
  • Are you interested in helping host events? Hosting? :audino: if I can, sorry. :pensiveazurill:

BasedJarrod

The Ruler of Space and Time
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jarrod
Time Zone
CST
IGN
Jarrod
Interested in joining (with scott)
I’d like to see events return (that I can do with scott)
I don’t have any ideas for new events (because the ones we’ve been doing I’ll be able to do already with scott)
Not interested in hosting (without scott)

Blaiddyd

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Avery
Time Zone
CET
  • Are you interested in participating in MarriProm this year? Yes, of course!
  • What events would you like to see return? What do you think we could do better? I want Jeopardy and the art contest to come back.
  • Do you have any ideas for new events? I don't have any for now.
  • Are you interested in helping host events? Hosting isn't my thing, sorry.

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
Are you interested in participating in MarriProm this year?
Sure

What events would you like to see return? What do you think we could do better?
The bells and whistles from last year, plus smash doubles (w/ team attack on) could be cool.

Do you have any ideas for new events?
IDK really.

Are you interested in helping host events?
I have my own event i need to be working on atm.

Rydia

ΦωΦ
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Unyielding Wings
AKA
Brian
Time Zone
PST
Possibly, if I can find a partner to go with

Newlyweds and Mad Libs are events I'd love to see return.

I had a random shower though of maybe some kind of twist on 2 truths 1 lie. Like we could have every couple send in their 3 items and then have them paired together for the rest of the participants to guess the pair that the points belong to, while also guessing which of the pair's items belong to each person, while also guessing the lie for each person. Sounds complicated and difficult but just throwing ideas out there. Alternatively each pair can just make 3 items between each other (for example, "we own 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 fish between the two of us" or "there is a 1 year age difference between us") and construct the two truths and one lie together, though that'd probably be a lot harder.

I might be interested depending on my schedule but I don't wanna guarantee a yes right now and then look like an asshole when I end up unable to commit lol, though I guess saying maybe also makes me look like an asshole too lmao (i blame ffxiv for not having a release date on the new update which is when i'll prob be raiding)

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Sure.

Newlywed, Mad Libs, EIM, Jeopardy (if new host is found because rip Res), and awards were great. Speaking from experience as a host, don't do Prom Dinner unless someone in the committee can no-life the forums for a day or two. Art was cool, but whoever draws the reference image should make it simpler. Also specify whether the goal is accuracy + technique or going wild with interpretation + colorful language. I got really burnt out with song guessing games since Big Brother, but maybe people think differently. Can't speak about the competitive tournament.

Decorate the Dancefloor! Sorta like filling the beach, Christmas tree, etc. from the past. Start with a pretty generic, maybe even Paint-drawn, image of a prom venue, and individuals can add their own objects or characters until the scene is full.

Looking at my course load, I probably shouldn't. It's likely that I'll be participating mostly in the low-effort stuff this time around.