Tournament Marriland's Official RU Tournament. RU Ready?!

Wheegalure

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Nick
So there have been some PRETTY BIG changes to the RU tier recently. Gligar, Steelix Mega, Chesnaught, and Doublade have been banned, while Darmanitan, Stakataka, and Metagross have dropped to RU. What do we do about this gamers

Put my vote towards implementing these new rules, as well as letting Raikou in too because he should also be allowed in if later additions are allowed in. The reason I think we should is because 8 pokemon is bigger than just 1 and is a large tier shift, and also this tournament is dead with like no enthusiasm anymore and this might provide a spark of excitement

EDIT: darmanitans already gone lol

Last edited:

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
I agree. Along with the reasons you stated, it is harder to practice due to the radical tier shifts. Having us match up with the current tier will allow people to actually practice in a somewhat efficient manner.

Typhlosion

Ace Trainer
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Hey there, folks. Now that Gokudera has stepped down as staff, I'll take a larger role in running this tourney. I've got access to the Challonge and all that good stuff, so let's finish strong.

First off, to address the tier changes. When it was just Raikou, many people including myself wanted to keep the old tier list to be consistent. However, now we're looking at 8 changes with bans, drops, and rises combined. From what I've seen so far, people seem to be in favor of playing with the current RU metagame, and I'm not opposed to that. If anybody feels differently on the matter (or about anything else in this post) I encourage you to share your opinion. But for now: All battles can be played with the most recent RU tier list in real time. That means no Gligar, Chesnaught, Mega Steelix, or Doublade, but Stakataka, Metagross, and Raikou are allowed. Depending on how the current suspect goes, Meloetta might not be allowed any longer in the future, but it's still fair game for now.

I'd like to have new rounds start on Mondays. I think everyone here would also be able to handle playing two rounds per week. I won't formally structure this, as in you have 3-4 days for each individual round, but I don't think it should be too difficult to schedule two matches with different people in the space of seven days. This event has been running for two months already; let's not take two more.

That said, Rounds 7-8 will start this Monday, the 14th. We still have three outstanding battles to finish up, ideally prior to then:
Round 4 -- @Neb vs @Sinister M.
Round 4 -- @Gokudera vs @seaturtle
Round 6 -- @Dregran vs @Typhlosion

Should we implement a grace period for matches that don't get done within their allotted time? A week or two, perhaps? Then at that point, if neither party has made a clear effort to reach out to the other, I would use tiebreakers to determine the winner.

I look forward to the battles that are still coming. Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

Typhlosion

Ace Trainer
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Tomorrow is my first day of classes, and I don't know how much I'll be around on the forums, so we can go ahead and start the next pair of rounds now. That means you should do your best to have your Round 7 and Round 8 battles this week. Good luck, have fun!

Also, Dregran has informed me that he wishes to drop out of the tournament, so any battles he has remaining will be automatically forfeited.

Wheegalure

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Nick
can we change all of bretts wins to losses? it's not really fair that those who already played him and lost have to keep the L while everyone who hasnt played him yet gets a free win that they could have potentially lost

Typhlosion

Ace Trainer
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben