MarriPlays: Pokémon Black 2 and White 2

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
Username: Felly
In-game name: Aspen
Willing to battle using Pokémon Showdown: Sure!
Which game you're playing: White 2

I'm going to be doing a nature themed Nuzlocke for this. Rules in the spoiler.

• Can only use Psychic, Flying, Fire, Water, Ground, and Rock types. Dual types are okay as long as they have one of those types.
• Can only catch the first encounter on each route, regardless of typing. Dupes clause is in effect, and "event" Pokemon that I'm required to catch won't count towards this.
• If a Pokemon is KO'd, it is considered dead and must be boxed for the remainder of the Naturelocke. This excludes if it happens in a Showdown battle.
• All eligible Pokemon get nature themed nicknames.
• Naturelocke ends when I enter the Hall of Fame or all eligible Pokemon are KO'd, whichever happens first.

Last edited:

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Username: Bunnie
In-game name: Bunnie
Willing to battle using Pokémon Showdown: no
Which game you're playing: white 2

hope i'll be able to follow this, even though things are getting a little busy >.<

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Update One:
Started up my game and picked Oshawott who I called Tony (seeing as Avengers: Endgame is coming out this month my Pokemon will have names from the MCU). Managed to beat Bucky my rival and made my way to Flocessy Ranch and caught Steve the Riolu. Beat Bucky again and trained up more before heading back and helping teach the two students of Alder before making my way back to Aspertia City and heading to the gym. I lost to Cheren the first time because his Lillipup set up two Work Ups and then used tackle. However, I was lucky the second time and his Pokemon only wanted to use tackle so I was able to use a couple of Counters from Steve to beat him and get my first gym badge.

Outside after getting Work Up from Cheren, I met Bianca again who gave me the C Gear and the TM for Return which I taught to both of my Pokemon. Following this, I headed to Virbank City where I did some training in the Complex which caused Tony to evolve into Dewott. I then took on the gym and managed to beat Roxie with relative ease. Next, I headed to PokeStar Studios and did everything needed there before coming back to Virbank and taking on Team Plasma before making the way over the sea to Castelia City. I decide to head straight to the Castelia Sewers where I teamed up with Bucky to try and find Team Plasma. Once they are found and defeated we met Burgh the gym leader and then Colress. After that, I headed to the Garden where I caught my next team member Natasha the Bunneary. Seeing as she starts with such low base happiness, frustration will be very good on her at the start as I train her against people in the sewers and Relic Passage. Next update I'll take on Burgh and make my way to Nimbassa City as well as showing how Natasha has done in training.

Team

Steve
Level: 20
Nature: Serious
Ability: Steadfast
Moveset:
  • Frustration
  • Quick Attack
  • Return
  • Force Palm

Tony
Level: 20
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Torrent
Moveset:
  • Return
  • Tail Whip
  • Water Gun
  • Razor Shell

Natasha
Level: 17
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Run Away
Moveset:
  • Foresight
  • Endure
  • Frustration
  • Quick Attack

QOTW: I think that one of my favourite Pokemon from Unova is Volcarona, but I find it very tough to go through Unova without using Samurott as my starter

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Username: The Griddler
In-Game Name: Blk Knight
Willing to battle using Pokemon Showdown: Pass
Which game are you playing: Black 2 on a Medieval Time Warp challenge. I shall explain the rules below.

1. All pokemon I use must be of the Poison, Dark, Steel, Fighting, Psychic or Fairy type. In the case of Fairy pokemon, any pokemon whose type would be changed to include Fairy in Gen 6 (Marill, Snubbull, etc.) Is considered Fairy type for the purpose of the challenge. Dual types that include the permitted types are allowed, but I am banned from using Ice, Electric or Normal types, even if they are a dual type that has a permitted type. (...which I just realized means Azurill is suddenly in very grey territory as far as usability goes). Upon getting my third badge, I can catch dragon type pokemon.
  1. All purchases at PokeMarts come at an additional cost: I must sell items in order to buy items. The exception is at the Elite Four store, where I am permitted to buy 10 Full Restores and 10 Revives.
  2. All Pokemon must have nicknames based on Arthurian lore. I'm hoping my wife can assist me with names in this regard.
  3. My team MUST contain one of the following Pokemon prior to my battle against the Elite Four and Iris, preferably sooner: Escavalier, Bisharp, Gothitelle.

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
Veggies, huh? That kinda reminds me of how @Marriland named his male Pokemon in his Heart Gold Wedlocke run. :hmmazurill:

Should I start then?
  • Started up the game as a boy and named him Chitose. As for his rival, his name is Ryuji. Those names are taken from the Hudie members in Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory, Chitose Imai and Ryuji Mishima.
  • Met Bianca together with Ryuji
  • Picked :oshawott: as his starter (who turned out to be a boy) and named him Taro (yes, there is a veggie called "taro". We Indonesians call it "talas", though)
  • Battled Ryuji for the first time (it was basically a Tackle fest, though)
  • Bianca showed Chitose around the PokeCenter and gave him some Pokeballs
  • Got the Running Shoes from his mom and two Town Maps (one for Ryuji, one for Chitose) from Ryuji's sister (can I just call her Erika? I mean, Erika Mishima)
  • Got Bok Choy the violist :patrat: boy at Route 19
  • Met Alder at Floccesy Town who was going to train Chitose but decided to wait until he's done with the Town Map delivery
  • Got Scallion the violist :sewaddle: boy at Route 20
  • Caught up with Ryuji at Floccesy Ranch who battled him right away
Ryuji | Chitose
:snivy: | Scallion :sewaddle:
  • Tackle | Bug Bite
  • Leer (broke the violin) | Tackle
  • Helped the ranch owner to find his :herdier:
  • Encountered :lillipup: in the ranch only to knock it out (I forgot that it's my encounter, y'see)
  • Scared a Team Plasma grunt who tried to chase the :herdier:
  • Battled two schoolkids under Alder's guidance
  • Went back home to challenge the newly-opened gym at Aspertia City (not without training on his way, though)
Cheren | Chitose
:patrat: | Taro :oshawott:
  • Work Up | Water Gun
  • Tackle | Tackle
  • Tackle | Tackle
  • Potion to :patrat: | Tackle
  • Bite | Potion to Taro :oshawott:
  • - (broke the viola) | Tackle
:lillipup: | Scallion:sewaddle:
  • Work Up | Tackle
  • Tackle | Tackle
  • Tackle | Bug Bite
  • Bite | Potion to Scallion:sewaddle:
  • Tackle | Potion to Scallion:sewaddle:
  • Tackle | Tackle
  • Tackle | Potion to Scallion:sewaddle:
  • Tackle (broke the viola) | Tackle
  • Got the Basic Badge and TM Work Up from Cheren
  • Also got TM Return and C-Gear from Bianca (it's not like Chitose's going to use the latter, though)
Violin
:oshawott: Taro (Boy)
Level: 12
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Careful
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Water Sport

Viola
:sewaddle: Scallion (Boy)
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Lax
Moves: Tackle, String Shot, Bug Bite

:patrat: Bok Choy (Boy)
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Serious
Moves: Tackle, Leer, Bite, Detect

QOTW: As for myself, it's obviously the musketeers of all things. But if it can't be legendaries and mythicals, I tend to find Oshawott adorable too. :catsmileazurill:

Last edited:

Giron

Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Update 1: A Veggie Start to the Journey!

QOTW: Zekrom. Just... Zekrom. For non-legendaries... ooh, that's hard, but after AzuriPlays, I have a better appreciation for Golurk. But other than that... Zoroark.

• Well, I had to delete my old file that was still in Virbank, and started a new one!
  • After doing the Memory Link shiz to my White file from the AzuriPlays, I booted up a new file.
  • I tried to name my character Magnolia, but there wasn't enough space. So, I named her Thalia instead.
  • Did the whole thing with Hugh and met Bianca. I like Bianca - mainly this version, because she's sort of figured out her calling as an assistant. Plus her design is pretty nice.
  • My starter is Oshawott! I named the little guy Rhubarb. Not that I've had rhubarb myself, mind you.
  • After tackling Hugh's Snivy into submission, it was time to head to Route 19! And I didn't catch anything here because I didn't WANT anything here.
  • Alder still likes jumping off cliffs, I see.
  • Time for mood whiplash with the memory of N in Chargestone Cave! Very much mood whiplash right there.
  • Went over to Floccesy Ranch after beating the trainers, took down Hugh - again - and managed to catch myself a Riolu, who I named Zucchini! It has Steadfast, not Inner Focus, unfortunately, but I'll take what I can get. Unfortunately ran out of Poke Balls trying to get a second Riolu.
  • OH NO! IT'S TEAM PLASMA! Wait, why is he dressed in different clothes? I have no idea... Well, Town Map delivered, Herdier rescued, time to head back to town!
  • Oh. Kids with monkeys. Goodbye.
  • Jumping off cliffs twice in one day. How does Alder do it?
  • Anyway, since my levels were a bit low on Riolu, I decided to do some training - and buy more Poke Balls. As I grinded, I caught a Sewaddle on Route 20 and named it Lettuce.
  • Time for Aspertia City Gym! The two trainers went down relatively easily - except Zucchini fainted to the Lass's Lillipup, making Rhubarb pick up the slack. Honestly, the same thing happened with Cheren.
  • Speaking of Cheren, I did a tiny switch train and managed to get Lettuce up 4 levels on his Lillipup. Who Rhubarb promptly took out. BASIC BADGE GET
  • After that, I went outside, talked with Bianca, Cheren, and Juniper, before doing a well deserved heal. Did I mention the Medal guy? Nah...
Rhubarb the Oshawott ♂
Level 14 Torrent
Naughty Nature
Somewhat of a clown

Tackle
Tail Whip
Water Gun
Water Sport

Zucchini the Riolu ♂
Level 9 Steadfast
Serious Nature
Quick tempered

Foresight
Quick Attack
Endure
Counter

Lettuce the Sewaddle ♂
Level 7 Swarm
Adamant Nature
Good endurance

Tackle
String Shot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
I've decided that I'm doing a Potterlocke for this challenge. Here's the rules of this challenge -

Normal rules -
  1. You can only catch the first Pokemon in each route
  2. You must nickname every Pokemon
  3. If a Pokemon faints, it must be boxed
  4. Dupes, Shiny, and Gift clause are on
  5. No Exp Share

Potterlocke rules -
Houses -
  1. Once a Pokemon is sorted into a House, it can only fight alongside others from the same House! Pokemon from one House cannot be switched out for Pokemon in different Houses.
  2. Each new Pokemon caught is sorted depending on its nature into one of the following Houses

Griffindor -
  1. Pokemon that are: Brave, Bold, Impish, Rash, Hasty, Relaxed are sorted into here
  2. They are chivalrous, they may switch in to help other houses once per gym badge.
  3. They are cocky, they must play as if they are on Set mode, and in a trainer battle cannot switch out before allowing their opponent at least one chance to attack them.

Hufflepuff -
  1. Pokemon that are: Hardy, Docile, Naive, Modest, Gentle, Jolly, Bashful are sorted into here
  2. They are unafraid of toil, only Hufflepuff Pokemon are allowed to use HM's. HM slaves are allowed ONLY if an HM is required to proceed and no Hufflepuff can learn it
  3. They are fair, they cannot use status moves in-battle

Ravenclaw -
  1. Pokemon that are: Calm, Quirky, Sassy, Quiet, Mild, Timid are sorted into here
  2. They are creative, only Ravenclaw Pokemon are allowed to use TM's.
  3. They are elite, they cannot use attack moves when they are Not Very Effective.

Slytherin -
  1. Pokemon that are: Lonely, Adamant, Naughty, Lax, Serious, Careful are sorted into here
  2. They are ambitious, only Slytherin Pokemon allowed to use held items.
  3. They love toadying, their levels must not be higher than next gym leader's lowest-level Pokemon.

Gyms -

Before Gym 1 - No magic allowed! Don't use any Special moves and no sorting yet, so Pokemon can all fight on one team.

After Gym 1 - Sorting begins! From here on out, Pokemon can no longer switch out for those in different houses

After Gym 2 - A basilisk is running around petrifying students! Any Pokemon afflicted with the SLEEP condition in battle must be boxed at the end of the battle, and cannot be taken out until the 3rd gym badge is obtained.

After Gym 3 - Sirius Black is on the loose and all Hogsmeade trips are banned! The PokeMart cannot be used until the next gym badge is obtained.

After Gym 4 - Pick a Triwizard Champion from Hogwarts. This Pokemon must lead in every trainer battle, including the Gym Leader's in this segment. If this Pokemon dies, pick another Champion.

After Gym 5 - Time to recruit members for Dumbledore's Army! Take some Pokemon out from the box and train them. The team for the 6th gym battle must have at least 3 Pokemon that the 5th gym's team didn't! Umbridge's embargo is in effect, NO items can be used during this segment. That includes TM's and evolution stones! (The sole exception is using balls to catch new Pokemon.) Pokemon centers can still be used. Slytherin Pokemon, as members of the Inquisitorial Squad, are exempt from this rule.

After Gym 6 - If one of your Pokemon dies, you must pick another Pokemon in your party and must be boxed at the end of the battle, and cannot be taken out until the 7th gym badge is obtained. No Slytherins can be in the party until the next gym badge is obtained.

After Gym 7 - You're camping in the woods and isolated! After getting the 7th badge, you may use the PC box once to choose your team of Pokemon. Thereafter, you cannot use the box for this entire segment. (The exception is boxing/releasing dead Pokemon.)

After Gym 8 - The four Houses must unite! (yes, even Slytherin.) Pokemon can now switch out for those in other Houses. If possible, face the Elite Four with at least one Pokemon of each House in your party.

• Started the game
  • Named myself Lulu and my rival Rina(See what I did there :P)
  • Mom gets a call from a friend that I see for some reason
  • She goes inside and asks me stuff about wanting to be a wiz- uh, trainer.
  • She tells me to go find a big green hat girl name Bianca
  • Ran into Rina and his sister
  • Rina's sister foreshadows
  • Rina decided to follow me
  • I went to Bianca
  • She asked me something about the spell bo- I mean Pokedex
  • Chose Lentils the Tepig
  • She gave me the sp- I mean poked- ...spell book
  • Rina demands a spell book too
  • He then challenges me to a battle. Lets see how this goes

_
Rival Battle 1

Lentils used Tackle, Oshawott used Tackle
Lentils used Tackle, Oshawott used Tail Whip
Lentils used Tackle(Oshawott fainted!)
_

• Bianca takes me to the Nursery Wing
  • She heals me up, then shows me where to store my pokemon as well as where to buy wizard tools
  • She gave me a wizard tool known as Pokeballs
  • Mom gave me Running Shoes and Rina's Sister gave me two Marauders Maps
  • Bianca taught me how to catch Pokemon
  • Caught Dill the Patrat
  • Went through Route 19 and met up with elite wizard Alder
  • He offers to train me
  • After leading me to his house, he tells me to deliver my second town map to my friend
  • Caught Wasabi the Sewaddle
  • Caught Jicama the Psyduck
  • Trained my team to level 10
  • Battled Rina again

_
Rival Battle 2

Lentils used Tackle, Oshawott used Tackle
Lentils used Tackle(Oshawott fainted!)
_

• Gave Rina the Marauders Map
  • Talked to the ranch people
  • Rina gets triggered about them losing their Herdier and we look for it
  • Went out back and Rina followed me
  • Found a Team Plasma Grunt and beat him
  • Ranch man thanked us and Rina gets more triggered
  • Went back to Alder who decided that I would train some young wizards
  • Beat them both
  • Went outside to a guy saying stuff about Medals
  • Alder tells me about the gym in my home town
  • Alder stops me once more to talk about the gym leader more
  • Went to the gym where Cheren decided for me to fight two other peeps before him
  • Beat Both of Them
  • Challenged the Gym Leader

_
Gym Leader 1

Lentils used Tackle, Patrat used Work Up
Lentils used Tackle, Patrat used Tackle
Lentils used Tackle(Patrat fainted!), go to Lillipup
Lentils used Flame Charge, Lillipup used Tackle
Lentils used Flame Charge, Lillipup used Tackle
Cheren used Potion, Lentils used Flame Charge(Lillipup fainted!)
_

- Obtained the Basic Badge4427

Griffindors -

Dill the Patrat
Level 10
Relaxed Nature/Run Away
Tackle/Leer/Bite/Bide

Hufflepuffs - None

Ravenclaws -

Lentils the Tepig
Level 15
Calm Nature/Blaze
Tackle/Tail Whip/Ember/Flame Charge

Slytherins -

Wasabi the Sewaddle
Level 10
Lax Nature/Swarm
Tackle/String Shot/Bug Bite/-

Jicama the Psyduck
Level 10
Careful Nature/Cloud Nine
Water Sport/Scratch/Tail Whip/Water Gun

Griffindors - None

Hufflepuffs - None

Ravenclaws - None

Slytherins - None

Griffindors - None

Hufflepuffs - None

Ravenclaws - None

Slytherins - None

Pendraflare

Guardian
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Username: Pendraflare
In-game name: Taryn
Willing to battle on Pokemon Showdown: Yes
Which game you're playing: White 2 Challenge Mode

This will be kind of a more island themed playthrough. Y'know, like in Alola! I’ll explain my rules a little more thoroughly when I’m settled on them and post the update.

Last edited:

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
  • I started the game and chose the girl character. I named my character Lycoris. My rival's name is Hugh because I was too lazy to think of a name for him.
  • I met Hugh and went together to meet Bianca.
  • I chose Snivy as my starter and nicknamed him Amaranth.
  • Hugh chose Tepig as his starter and we battled then.
  • After the battle, I head to Route 19 and Bianca shows me how to catch Pokémon. I also leveled my Snivy a bit.
  • Before entering Floccesy Town, I met Alder
  • I healed my Snivy in the Pokémon Center, so I would be ready to battle trainers on Route 20.
  • After battling trainers on Route 20, I went to the Floccesy Ranch and battled Hugh again. I gave the Town Map to him. He also wanted to find the lost Herdier.
  • I catched a Mareep and nicknamed her Pumpkin. I also battled some trainers there too.
  • Oh, No! It's Team Plasma. The Team Plasma Grunt gave me the TM 21 (Frustration) and he fleed. I rescued the Herdier.
  • I leaved the Floccesy Ranch and in Floccesy Town I met Alder again and I battled some kids.
  • I went to the Aspertia City and entered the gym. Battled the trainers there and defeated Cheren. I got the Basic Badge.
  • I received Xtransceiver and C-Gear. I talked with Bianca, Cheren and Professor Juniper on my Xtransceiver.
  • I headed to the Pokemon Center to heal my team. I saved my game.

:snivy:
Amaranth
Ability: Overgrow
Quirky nature
Highly curious

Moves
Tackle
Leer
Vine Whip
Wrap

:mareep:
Pumpkin
Level: 13
Ability: Static
Sassy nature
Quick tempered

Moves
Tackle
Cotton Spore
Thunder Wave
ThunderShock

QOTW: My favorite Unova Pokémon is obviously Hydreigon. :o)

Last edited:

Bunnie

litle creacher
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Update 1

i always thought i was a Tepig kind of person, but i ended up picking Oshawott, cause it looked too cute and i couldn't resist. i named him Bingo afer
this little guy, i think he's precious and i love him already .w. i like all gen 5 starters i think. I also caught two other pokemon, but i don't think i'll keep them in my team. I beat Cheren with just Bingo, had to use like three potions during the battle though >.<

btw this is the first time i'm playing bw2 so this is pretty interesting!

Rex

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
EST
Username: Rex
In-game name: April
Willing to battle using Pokémon Showdown: Sure
Which game you're playing: White 2

Been a long time since I played this one, I'm kind of excited for this

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
-Started the game as the female character, named her Eggs and the rival Bacon (part of a balanced breakfast).
-Eggs is going to get a Pokemon! She goes off to find the girl in the green hat and selects a :tepig: named Pickles as her starter.
-Pickles beats up Bacon's Oshawott
-Eggs sets out of Aspertia and some weird dude decides he wants to train her.
-Eggs ain't got time for that so she heads to Floccesy Ranch to deliver a map to Bacon.
-She catches a :mareep: and names her Parsnip.
-She also narrowly beats up Bacon in a surprise battle (legit I forgot I was going to have to fight him) even though Parsnip has no HP and Pickles is paralyzed from catching Parsnip.
-They find a lost dog (I say "they" but Eggs did all the work ngl).
-Alder no longer feels the need to train Eggs and instead has her beat some kids idk.
-Eggs heads back to Aspertia to fight a gym.
-She gets to Cheren and beats him pretty easily actually. Lillipup couldn't move due to paralysis like three turns el oh el.
-Eggs gets a couple of Eggs in a trade across time with some old dude named Gordon I'll hatch those next time.
:tepig: - Pickles
Level 13
Gentle, Blaze
Tackle, Tail Whip, Ember, Defense Curl

:mareep: - Parsnip
Level 12
Timid, Static
Tackle, Growl, Thunder Wave, ThunderShock

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Week 1
Not much to say for the first week, honestly. Got my starter, a Tepig named Pepper, fought my rival a couple times, and saved a dog.

Cheren is usually a bit of a pain (as Normal-type Leaders often are), and this time was no different. Still, I got a badge out of the whole thing.

For the qestion this week, my favorite Unovan Pokemon is also my overall favorite, Cofagrigus. Delightfully creepy, fun to use, fantastically imaginative concept, what's not to love?

Pepper
Female
Level 15
Blaze
Gentle Nature
Flame Charge|Tackle|Tail Whip|Odor Sleuth

Rex

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
EST
Pokemon White 2 Steel Monotype START!

Not a whole lot to say really. I ran around Aspertia City with Jeff (Hugh) doing everything but my objective. Got my starter, Oshawott from Bianca. Lucky female starter without resetting for it but she's not a steel type and never will be so first chance I got she goes in the box.

Caught a Hasty Riolu in Flocessy Ranch but got a little hasty myself and forgot to nickname her. When I get to the Name Rater, I'm gonna name her Squash. After hunting down the Herdier, I made my way to Cheren's gym. Riolu's only fighting type move was Counter which narrowly missed getting a quick KO on Cheren's Lillipup. After taking a few turns to heal up I was able to win with a combination of Counter and Quick Attack. And that's where I left off.

:riolu:
Riolu
Lvl 14
Hasty
Feint
Quick Attack
Endure
Counter

Edit: Forgot to answer the QOTW. My favorite Unova Pokemon is also one of my favorite overall pokemon, Reuniclus. I considered doing a Mono Psychic run so I could use it but I wasn't satisfied with the other available Psychic types in the game.

Last edited:

Applechrisp

Beginner Trainer
Time Zone
MST
3DS FC
2165-6205-7475
Switch FC
SW-2234-5580-4045
I started my journey with Tepig and named him Garlic and battled my rival. on my way to save herdier I caught an azurill and named it Pea. After saving the dog I went to challenge Cheren and beat him on the first try because Garlic was at level 15. Now, I am off to the next city!

My favorite pokemon from the Unova region is Jellicent, mainly because of its typing and I like that the females and males looks different.

Team: Tepig (Garlic) level 15| Azurill (Pea) level 5

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Might need to drop out. I've been trying to get the game to work for me but this emulator and rom just will not cooperate with me under any circumstances.

I'll keep trying to make the magic happen but if I can't make any headway over the weekend then consider me withdrawn.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
My playthrough isnt a challenge or anything I just wanted to use Pokemon I haven't used before, so I dubiously got my hands on 6 Pokemon right at the start at varying levels and the further I get the more I'll add to the party. I started with 3: Flump is a Hoppip, Steel Spud is an Aron and Boris is a Spheal, I got them all at level 5 and used em for Cheren's gym. So little interesting happened that I have nothing interesting for this update but I will post some pics for record's sake and my team stuff below:

Flump - :hoppip: - Level 11 - Chlorophyll - Lax Nature - Scatters things often. (Splash, Synthesis, Tail Whip, Tackle)
Steel Spud - :aron: - Level 10 - Rock Head - Gentle Nature - Somewhat of a Clown (Tackle, Harden, Mud Slep, Tackle)
Boris - :spheal: - Level 9 - Thick Fat - Gentle Nature - Highly Persistent (Defense Curl, Powder Snow, Encore, Water Gun)

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
・ Started a new save file and chose the female trainer, naming her Vee.

・ I never manage to come up with clever names for the rival, so I decided to just go with the default 'Hugh' instead.

・ Mom tells us that we have been chosen to get a starter Pokemon and a Pokedex from her assistant.
・ I pick
as my starter because he is a good boi and the starter I picked during my initial playthrough of Pokemon White.
・ Defeated Hugh's
in a rival battle.

・Sped through all the tutorial stuff at the beginning of the game. At least this only took a minute or two in older games unlike in Sun/Moon where it takes you actually an hour to get started and even then there's a cut scene every five seconds.
・Defeated a few wild Pokemon on route 19 to gain some EXP and get
to learn Ember. Unfortunately, he has a SpA reducing nature so it doesn't deal too much damage.

・Followed Alder to the trainer school in Floccesy Town but he won't teach us until we deliver the Town Map to Hugh.

・Defeated all the trainers on route 20 and proceeded to Floccesy Ranch.
・Caught an
to add to the team. She's a naive nature which isn't the best but she does have Huge Power so I decide to start training her up right away.

・Defeated Hugh in yet another rival battle. Both of my Pokemon were lv. 10 by this point because I did some grinding in the grass so I didn't have too much trouble.

・Went looking for the missing Herdier with Hugh.
・Ran into a Team Plasma grunt but he doesn't fight us and just flings a TM at us instead. I considered teaching Frustration to
but realistically I want to up her happiness as soon as possible.
・Did some more training until my whole party was lv. 13. Unfortunately,
did not evolve yet. I did some running back and forth but I got bored of it quite quickly. I looked up the moveset and I want to evolve her by lv. 20 at the latest so I don't miss out on Aqua Tail.

・Visited the trainer school with Alder and defeated the two trainers.

・Headed back to Aspertia City to take on gym leader Cheren.
・His
got taken down by Bubblebeam after wasting most turns just setting up and then barely attacking. His
caused a bit more trouble because it hits very hard with STAB Tackle even unboosted. I was using my Impish
and I still had to heal two times before finally taking him down.

・Received the Basic Badge and the TM for Work Up from Cheren.

Habanero the Tepig

Lv. 15
Impish nature
Blaze
Somewhat vain

46/25/23/16/23/20

• Tackle
  • Tail Whip
  • Flame Charge
  • Defense Curl

Polka the Azurill

Lv. 14