Literal Rant
AKA
Brandon
Time Zone
AEST (GMT/UTC +10)
3DS FC
3840-6760-9669
Update 2: A Movie Star?!

Yeah, I played a bit more, and managed to get to Castelia City.

• Getting to Virbank was easy enough - despite the Dunsparce and training to try and get Zucchini to learn Force Palm. Just went through the motions of Route 20 - oh, hi Mom. Gotta have that call in that next town, don't we?
  • I went down to the Complex, and tried to train there. Talked to the guy who gives an Ether, and managed to catch an Elekid! I've never really used Electivire, so this might be an interesting opportunity. Though... that won't happen until the Plasma Frigate... which is late game. I'll give him a nickname on the next theme.
  • Anyway, after reaching a... sufficient level, I took on the Virbank City Gym. The drummer and guitarist went down somewhat easily, but when it came to Roxie, OH BOY, that went down to the wire.
  • Why? Protect and Venoshock. God, that Whirlpede got annoying. Rhubarb and Zucchini fell to the thing, but Lettuce managed to finish it off. Toxic Badge Get!
  • After that, it was a trip to Pokestar Studios! And to see Pop Roxie bumble his way out of the place. But enough about that, filming!
  • Brycen-Man was simple enough, so I did two more movies: Invaders and Mystery Door - the latter of which I never managed to beat in other playthroughs. Good endings are good. And they were spec-tac-u-lar hits!
  • Heading to the docks ended up in a skirmish with Neo Team Plasma - complete with a rocking battle theme! I love this theme. It's amazing.
  • After chasing them to Route 20 and taking the grunt out, it was time to head back to Virbank, and get on the boat to Castelia City!
Rhubarb the Dewott ♂
Level 17 Torrent
Naughty Nature
Somewhat of a clown

Tackle
Razor Shell
Water Gun
Water Sport

Zucchini the Riolu ♂ Silk Scarf
Level 17 Steadfast
Serious Nature
Quick tempered

Force Palm
Quick Attack
Endure
Counter

Lettuce the Sewaddle ♂
Level 16 Swarm
Adamant Nature
Good endurance

Cut
String Shot
Bug Bite
Razor Leaf

Elekid ♂
Level 12 Static
Adamant Nature
Likes to thrash about

Quick Attack
Switft
ThunderShock
Low Kick

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Alright, so I am also doing a Time Warp Challenge, specifically Ice Age!

You may only trade in order to evolve your Pokemon.
Legendary and Mythical Pokemon are not allowed.
Ultra Beasts are not allowed.
Hacking/cheating is not allowed.
[Emergency Supplies][For eras that ban the use of PokeMarts] You may buy Pokeballs for the purpose of catching HM buddies. You may purchase 10 Full Restores and 10 Max Revives prior to facing the Elite Four.
[Lucky Strike] You may use the Game Corner in any game in order to obtain Pokemon or TMs but you may only purchase 40% of the coins required for your desired prize. You must earn the rest by using the mini games provided by each Game Corner. [NOT applicable to Mobster Mania]
The challenge ends when you defeat the Champion in the game of your choice. [Defeat Red in all the Johto games, Steven in Emerald, AZ in X/Y]

Ice Age Rules:
Era Types:

Mandatory Pokemon:
Unova: Beartic
Banned Types:

Era Rules: There are no PokeMarts so you are restricted to items that you find/ are given.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add
types to your team.

Here’s the first update for me!

• Due to not wanting to be referred to as a girl or with she/her pronouns throughout the game, I chose to play as the boy.
  • I named myself Vivid and my rival Dark. (Y’know, like Miku’s Appends!)
  • My game is starting in winter, which is cool.
  • Mom tells me to go find Bianca. Alright.
  • I meet up with Dark, and we head up to the Aspertia City Outlook, where Bianca is waiting.
  • Since this is an Ice Age Time Warp, my starter will be Oshawott! Let’s hope I can do better with this Oshawott than with Kaito in my B2 Idoldicelocke....
  • I name my Oshawott Potato!
  • Dark gets excited after he finds out I got Potato, and he asks me to battle!
  • Potato has a surprisingly good attack despite Attack being his lowest stat. Huh.
  • I won! Nice!
  • Bianca shows me the Pokémon Center, and she gives me some Poké Balls!
  • I can’t buy anything from the stores, so let’s hope I get lucky with finding items.
  • Mom bids me farewell, and she gives me the running shoes. I also get a town map from Dark’s little sister, and she tells me to give a second map to Dark.
  • I get a potion from the lady in the rest area, and I head onto Route 19.
  • Bianca teaches me how to catch Pokémon, not that there’s much I can catch before the gym.
  • I train Potato up a bit on the way to Flocessy Town.
  • Oh, hey Alder.
  • After multiple battles, we get to Flocessy Ranch.
  • Time for Rival Battle 2! He still has only Snivy, but it’s level 8 now....
  • Of course, Dark kept having Snivy use Leer, so I won.
  • Time for the whole Flocessy Ranch sideplot....
  • Azurill is technically not a water type Pokémon, but since it evolves into a water type, I think it’s okay for me to catch it right now as long as I evolve it. Now I just need to find one....
  • Oh yeah, Psyduck is here too! I caught him and named him Daikon, like a daikon radish.
  • After finding Herdier, I searched for Azurill for a bit, and it took a while.
  • No, really. Azurill has a 20% encounter rate; we should have run into one.
  • At least I can train Daikon up a bit....
  • Did I mention that Daikon has awful defense? And the Leers aren’t helping?
  • Finally! We’re going to name this little one Radish.
  • I fought against the kids in Alder’s house.
  • Time to train a bit!
  • I got Radish to 9 (I’m trying to evolve him through happiness early on like Pendra suggested.), and Daikon and Potato to level 12.
  • I battled the gym trainers, and both battles are pretty easy.
  • Time for the Gym Battle!
  • Gym Battle vs Cheren
I lead with Radish and then switch to Daikon. Daikon disabled Work Up on Patrat, and then he used Water Gun three times to knock Patrat out. I used my Fresh Water after Lillipup was sent out, and Daikon disabled Lillipup’s Work Up. I switched to Potato, and Potato proceeded to get hit with a crit. Welp. Potato faints after using Water Gun, and I send Daikon out again. Daikon uses Water Gun once before being knocked out, and I have to send in Radish. Crap. Okay then. So I lost the gym battle the first time around. At least this isn’t a nuzlocke, right?
  • Time for more training!
  • Attempt 2! Gym Leader Battle VS Cheren
I lead with Radish and switch to Daikon again. Daikon uses Disable on Work Up, then Tail Whips. He gets knocked out after he Scratches Patrat, and I send out Potato. Cheren heals Patrat after Potato tackles Patrat once, then Potato Tackles Patrat again. Radish gets to level 10 and learns Charm. Time to Water Gun this Lillipup! Potato faints.
I send in Radish. Charm lowers Lillipup’s Attack, but alas, I lose again.
  • Third time’s gotta be the charm, right? Long story short, the answer is yes. I barely won against Cheren. Daikon survived with two HP, and the other two fainted, but a win’s a win, right?
  • A bunch of boring stuff happens after the battle with Cheren, but having Bianca in my X-Transceiver will be helpful for keeping track of Radish’s happiness.
That’s the end of the update! Yay!

Potato the Oshawott
Male
Level 13
Jolly Nature (+ Speed, - Special Attack)
20 Attack/20 Defense/22 Special Attack/20 Special Defense/20 Speed/38 HP
Moves: Tackle/Tail Whip/Water Gun/Water Sport

Daikon the Psyduck
Male
Level 13
Docile Nature (Neutral)
20 Attack/17 Defense/22 Special Attack/18 Special Defense/20 Speed/39 HP
Moves: Disable/Scratch/Tail Whip/Water Gun

Radish the Azurill
Male
Level 11
Impish Nature (+ Defense, - Special Attack)
10 Attack/15 Defense/8 Special Attack/14 Special Defense/11 Speed/32 HP
Moves: Water Gun/Bubble/Tail Whip/Charm

QOTW: My favorite Pokémon from Unova is actually Audino! Audino seems like a nice Pokémon to have around to listen to your problems, I think Audino would give good hugs, and it’s so cute! I always loved Audino, and I’d say it’s one of my favorite Pokémon overall, along with Eevee, Glaceon, and Vulpix (both versions).

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Even though I've started a playthrough of White 2 a few months ago which I've yet to finish, this sounds like a lot of fun, so I'll play along too! I've decided on a Time Warp challenge as well: I'll be playing through the Stone Age.

Username: Calaf
In-game name: Calaf
Willing to battle using Pokémon Showdown: Sure!
Which game you're playing: Black 2

The rules of this Time Warp challenge are as follows:
General rules:
You may only trade in order to evolve your Pokemon.
Legendary and Mythical Pokemon are not allowed.
Hacking/cheating is not allowed.
[Emergency Supplies][For eras that ban the use of PokeMarts] You may buy Pokeballs for the purpose of catching HM buddies. You may purchase 10 Full Restores and 10 Max Revives prior to facing the Elite Four.
I'm keeping this rule as an option in case I need it, but I'm gonna try to abstain from buying items before the Elite Four. Seems like it would take away from the challenge.
[Lucky Strike] You may use the Game Corner in any game in order to obtain Pokemon or TMs but you may only purchase 40% of the coins required for your desired prize. You must earn the rest by using the mini games provided by each Game Corner. [NOT applicable to Mobster Mania]
The challenge ends when you defeat the Champion in the game of your choice. [Defeat Red in all the Johto games, Steven in Emerald, AZ in X/Y]

Stone Age rules:
Era Types:

Mandatory Pokemon: Darmanitan
Banned Types:

Era Rules: You may only use Berries/ Herbs and any items you can find/ are given. There are no shops and there is no currency.

Additionally, I will be playing with a level limit equal to the highest level on the Gym Leader's team or two levels below the level of the Champion's ace prior to the Elite Four.

I'll follow up with the first update soon!

Last edited:

Moonwatcher

Darkness will rise to bring the light.
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Rules:
1: If a pokemon faints, it is considered dead and must be perma-boxed.
2: You may only catch the first pokemon encountered on each route.
2.5: Dupes clause; if the first encounter is of an evolution line I already have, it may be skipped, up to three times per route.

Update 1:

Bianca had told us one of us would be getting a trainer today. I had hoped it would be me, but it was still a surprise when my pokeball was lifted out of the the briefcase.

Upon the ball opening, I was greeted by a smiling face. Bianca told me she was my new trainer. The girl said she was called Yune, and gave me the name Edward. She seems nice, and I can’t wait to see what kind of adventures we can go on now.

As we walked away, a young trainer and their Oshawott attacked us. Yune seemed to know this person, but they seemed pretty scary to me. I managed to defeat the Oshawott thanks to Yune’s help, but I got pretty beaten up in the process.

Bianca showed us around a place with lots of red and white, where they used a strange machine to magically heal my injuries. Then Bianca lead Yune around a bit and showed her lots of things I didn’t understand.

After Bianca left, we were attacked by a Purrloin. It was very weak though, and I fought it off very well. When I had almost scared it off, Yune caught it in a pokeball. I don’t know why she did that. Am I not good enough for her? Or is this something to do with this “pokedex” thing Bianca was showing her?

Another day, another victim. Whenever the bespectacled blonde girl came by, a new trainer always followed. And new trainers were prime targets.
As expected, this new girl came walking along, Tepig in tow. Both had the wide eyed clueless gaze of one who knew nothing of the real world. This would be almost too easy.

I prowled out, putting on my best innocent face, and meowed at the new trainer, rubbing against her leg.
The girl reached down and stroked my back. She was falling for it hook line and sinker. I maneuvered myself closer to her unprotected bag. Now, just a few moments more…
The girl pulled away at the last moment. As I cursed my back luck, she said something to her Tepig, whose stance changed. My fur prickled, and I began to back away, but the Tepig charged me. I was knocked flat by that bag of lard. That pokemon was stronger than the other starters before it. I was going to have to call this a lost cause and flee.
However, as I turned on my heels to bolt, something caught me in the side of the head. A moment later I was inside a strange spherical space.
Today was just not my day.

After a while, the walls fell away and I was back in the real world again.
It seems the girl wasn’t as clueless as I first thought. She gave me a name, which was nice I guess. Wild pokemon don’t have names, they know who everyone of importance is, and anyone else doesn’t need to be spoken of. But I must admit, the name she gave me has a feeling, like it’s alway been mine, deep down; Lethe.
Then that Tepig helped me in some fights. I suppose it’s nice to have someone looking out for me, though I could do without the accompanying idiotic personality.

So after training Lethe a bit, (Yune put me in charge of that. She already trusts me that much!) we continued on our journey. I’m not quite sure where we’re going, but I trust Yune to lead us.
Along the way, we saw a wild looking man fall from atop a cliff. I though for sure he was a gonner, but her was unharmed somehow. He showed her through some more buildings, then we went off again.

As we left, a strange child attacked us. He had a Patrat, and Lethe couldn’t beat it alone, but it was no match for me. Then a girl and her Purrloin went after us. Why does everyone in this world hate us? But Lethe handled this one on her own. I’m kind proud of her, and of myself for teaching her so well.

So I must admit, that Tepig does know how to fight. He already taught me a few new tricks. Of course, he was gullible enough to show me everything, so pretty soon I won’t need his help anymore.

So, we were apparently heading to the nearby ranch, to give some guy a map or something. Everything seemed to be going fine, until trainer girl ground to a halt. I snickered as the Tepig didn’t notice and walking into her leg.

The reason the girl had stopped was a Sunkern. It was just standing in the middle of the road. Staring with it’s big round eyes. There was something sinister about it, roots planted firmly into the ground, slowly growing bigger. It was really freaking me out, so I let the Tepig stand in front, so if it tried anything I wouldn’t be the first target.
We had gone around it, but just when I though we were safe, the trainer girl then went and caught it!
Really, why would she do that?!

<The Sunkern looks at you with a blank expression>

<It says nothing, but its eyes follow you>

<You can sense an evil aura coming from the seed pokemon>

<You make up an excuse and quickly leave>

Mareep! Mar Mareep Mar! Eep! 0w0

Hah, fooled you didn’t I ;) You though I could only talk in pokemon-speak!
What!? You mean you knew I was faking it all along?! Q_Q Aww. You’re no fun.

So I was just grazing in Floccesy Ranch like normal, bored out of my mind. Do you know how bland grass tastes? Blegh. Especially when eating it’s pretty much all there is to do. And today it’s even worse than normal, thanks to the snow. You’d think, hey snow can add some extra texture or flavour, but nope. Just wetness and coldness. Somehow it made the grass even blander! >_>

So anyway, I was there having the time of my life [/s] when all of a sudden, BAM! this pokeball hits me right in the melon. No warning or introduction or anything, just now I’ve got a new trainer. -_-

Ok ok, so I’m not exactly sad about that. I mean, trainers and adventure and stuff! So the girl said she’s called Yune, and gave me a name. I mean, I had one already. Mareep #43. Yay.[/s] But Yune gave me a better one. Ilyana! ^‿^
So yeah, now I’m super exited to see what will happen. Yune’s other pokemon are pretty interesting. There’s a Tepig who’s very action-heroey, and a Purrloin that puts on a show of being kinda fed up, but I bet secretly likes us. :3 Oh and a strange Sunkern who I can’t get a good read on.

So right of the bat I was called up. This guy wanted to fight Yune, so he sent out an Oshawott. And obs I can take them thanks to my awesome grass munching powers!

Just kidding, though I did win against the Oshawott. And then a few other trainers wanted to battle. But Catty and Flameboi took them down easy-peasy. And then a guy all in black threw a disc at Yune. IDK, maybe he though she was a CD player or something???

So it turns out we were traveling to give a map to the scary guy from before. But we met some new companions along the way, so it all turned out good.
The cliff man came back and got Yune to help teach some kids about battling. I was really exited to get to fight, but Yune chose Lethe instead. I guess she wanted to go easy on the kids.
Anyway, we were told about a guy called Jim who was a strong trainer, so we went back to fight him.
We got there, but Jim wouldn’t fight us until we proved ourselves worthy. I think he was just scared of my awesome strength.

Ok, let’s get this straight. First off, the guy was not called “Jim,” he was the leader of the GYM. And secondly, the Tepig was weaker than both me and the Mareep then. In fact, that Mareep was crazy strong. She may act a bit weird, but remind me not to get on her bad side.

The other trainers were barely worth mentioning. They were pathetically weak, going down with ease, one to me and one to the Mareep. The Gym leader had no excuses then. I don’t know why Yune wanted to fight him though. I could easily have swiped one of his badges without anyone noticing. He just left them in an unlocked box on the table nearby, just asking for a quick paw to slide in and snatch a few for mementos. But that Tepig wouldn’t let me go, saying we might be needed in the battles and we had to stay close and blah blah blah.

The battle wasn’t even that interesting. Essentially it was half an hour of a Lilipup and a Mareep growling at each other, with the occasional actual attack, then a return to the stare down. I was impressed with the girl’s patience. Perhaps I should give her more credit. I only stayed awake because I was forced to.

OMG(Or should that be OMA?), I just won the most amazing battle! :D And I also kinda almost died, which wasn’t so great. :(

So, Yune picked me to lead in her first Gym battle. Cause you know, they say to always leave the important things to the sheep you just met. :P
So those guys were strong. And they kept getting bulkier. I managed to paralyze them, and then just growled at them. They did,t do much damage that way, I imagine they were kinda weirded out by a growling sheep. An adorable ball of candyfloss growling at you would make me wary too. I think I said growling too much there. Oh, I just did it again! >_<

So yeah, there was a time when my concentration wandered, and the Lilipup hit me right in the chest. It felt like he broke a few ribs or something. I was really worried for a moment. But then Yune gave me a bottle of water, and somehow it’s refreshing magic healed my wounds.
No, I’m not making this up. It really happened like that.
Yes, it did. >:(
Hmph, fine don’t believe me then. But either way, in the end I managed to wear him down with some electrical bolts and won, without even needing any backup! XD

So then Yune got a cool badge and another CD. I guess she really is a music player! Maybe she’s a DJ? But anyway, that was such an awesome battle! I can’t wait to see what happens next.

<The Sunkern looks at you with its creepy stare>

<It is now wearing a Basic Badge attached to its sprout>

<You decide not to ask how it got it>

<You quickly walk away>​

Team:
Tepig♂ - Edward
LV.12 Naughty Nature.
Tackle
Tail Whip
Ember
Odor Sleuth

Purrloin♀ - Lethe
LV.13 Careful Nature.
Scratch
Growl
Fury Swipes
Sand-Attack

Sunkern♀ - Micaiah
LV.4 Hasty Nature.
Absorb
Growth
Ingrain

Mareep♀ - Ilyana
LV.14 Quirky Nature.
Tackle
Growl
Thunder Wave
Thunder Shock

Last edited:

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
@Moonwatcher I love how you explain everything from your Pokemon's POV. Also, am I the only one who did the Tepig's voiceover like how @Marriland did Broham's in his PMD GTI playthrough? :v

Moonwatcher

AKA
Time Zone
BST
@Moonwatcher I love how you explain everything from your Pokemon's POV. Also, am I the only one who did the Tepig's voiceover like how @Marriland did Broham's in his PMD GTI playthrough? :v
Glad to know you liked it. :)
As for the voice, I mean I wasn't before, but now that you mention it... :P

Also, I forgot about the Question of the Week, so:
Favourite Unova pokemon? While there was a time it would have been Zorua, I'd have to say Keldeo Resolute Form. I just love the design and backstory on it. Too bad it had the worse movie

Felly

loony & loopy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
First update! Some notes before I get into things:

• I lost my first round of my Naturelocke when challenging Cheren, so I had to restart. I'm deciding to write it as if my character is struggling with her memory for this first part. Hopefully I don't lose again, haha.
• The only boxed Pokemon I have right now is Potato the Patrat, who I can't use in my run because its types don't fit the ones I'm limited to in the game. I'll be keeping up with boxed Pokemon in a spoiler below once I get some, but only if they're able to be used. I'll give honorable mentions to the ones I can't use up here in the notes though! (Also because I'm still nicknaming the ones I do catch and can't use with the weekly themes.)
• My favorite Pokemon from the Unova region is Zorua! I saw one of the Pokemon movies, the one that focused on Zoroark (I forget the name of it), and I fell in love with Zorua in that movie!

Hello! My name is Aspen. I'm 14 years old, and I was born and raised in Aspertia City. Today's a big day for me! Today's the day I get my first Pokemon!

It's winter time here in the Unova region, but that hasn't stopped mom's old friend, Professor Juniper, from calling and sending someone out to give me my first Pokemon. Mom said I should look for a girl in a big, green hat named Bianca, so I set out to find her. My childhood friend, Hugh, also tagged along.

It wasn't that hard to find Bianca. Having grown up here, there were only so many special places here in Aspertia City, so I went straight to the outlook to find her. After agreeing to help complete the Pokedex, she gave me a choice of one of three starters: a Tepig, a Snivy, or an Oshawott. I chose Oshawott, and I nicknamed her Cascade!

Bianca gave me my Pokedex, and then she suggested I challenge Hugh for my first Pokemon battle alongside Cascade. I agreed, and I battled Hugh and his Snivy that he'd raised from an egg. They definitely had a stronger bond, but Cascade and I pulled through for the win! Bianca and I split up from Hugh, and we went to the Pokemon Center, where I was able to heal my Pokemon and get some Poke Balls from Bianca.

On our way to Route 19, mom and Hugh's sister met up with us. Mom gave me a pair of Running Shoes, and Hugh's sister gave me two Town Maps, one for her brother. I agreed to give one to Hugh when I ran into him next. Bianca told me to meet her on Route 19 to learn how to catch Pokemon, and she went ahead while I stayed back for a moment to say bye to mom and Hugh's sister.

On my way out to Route 19, the gate guard called out to me. She was going to tell me how dangerous it was to go out to the wild with no Pokemon. It was a speech I'd heard many times as a kid. I always wanted to go on a Pokemon adventure, and now I finally was! The gate guard saw I had a Pokemon with me though now, unlike the other times I tried to pass through the gate alone, and she gave me a Potion before wishing me luck on my Pokemon journey.

Bianca gave me a quick lesson in catching a Pokemon before wishing me luck and heading back into Aspertia City. She told me Floccesy Town would be straight ahead along the route, so I continued along. I found a Potion on the ground, and I picked it up. Finder's keepers, I guess, but people really should be more careful about their possessions! I ran into a man named Alder just outside of Floccesy Town, and when I got to his house within the town, he told me he wanted to train me. I told him I needed to find my friend to give him his Town Map, and Alder pointed me in the direction of Route 20. He told me to go find my friend there and give him his Town Map, then come back for training. I agreed and told him I'd be back soon.

On Route 20, I encountered my first Pokemon! It was a Sewaddle that I caught and nicknamed Lettuce. A strange force kept the Poke Ball closed though, so I couldn't get my Pokemon back out. I guess I'll just box it when I get back to Floccesy Town. I met up with Hugh at the Flocessy Ranch, and we battled again. I won again, and this battle was a little easier. I guess Cascade and I have been doing some bonding. I gave Hugh his Town Map, and I was about to head back to Floccesy Town to meet up with Alder when the ranch owner and his wife approached us. They gave us each a Potion, and they asked us to find their lost Herdier. We agree to help, though Hugh was a little dramatic about it all.

I found an Azurill in my search for the lost Herdier, but I was unable to catch it. I guess Cascade and I have a really strong bond now because she accidentally knocked it out. I suppose that's okay, there's always more Pokemon I can attempt to catch later.

When I found Herdier, he was with someone from an organization called Team Plasma. The way the guy made it sound, it sounded like it was some awful organization, but he gave me a TM with the move Frustration on it, so I guess they're not all bad. He left though, and we were able to reunite Herdier with his rightful owners!

I returned to Floccesy Town to train with Alder, but instead of training me himself, he had me fight two schoolchildren, Seymour and Cassie, instead. Cascade and I have really been training, and I was able to beat both of them with no issues. Outside, Mr. Medal gave me a Medal Box and explained something called the Medal Rally to me. I wasn't too interested in it, but I guess it'd be cool to get some medals here and there.

As I left Floccesy Town, Alder caught up to me again and gave me some Oran Berries. He said I could give them to my Pokemon and use them in battle to heal them if I needed to. I thanked him for the advice and continued along the route back to Aspertia City to challenge the first gym. I ran into a Purrloin on Route 19, but Cascade knocked that one out too, so I was unable to catch it.

I healed up at the Aspertia City Pokemon Center and went straight to the gym to challenge Cheren. I defeated the two trainers in the gym, but Cheren was a tougher opponent. He actually beat me! But... but everything's going black. What... what's going on?

I woke up in my room to mom calling me. She told me about a girl named Bianca that was waiting for me somewhere in Aspertia City. I went out to find her, but something about all of this felt... familiar. Maybe I was dreaming? I don't know. I found Bianca at the outlook, and I chose Oshawott as my starter, who I nicknamed Kai.

I went through a lot of the same motions that just felt so familiar. I battled Hugh (twice), learned how to catch Pokemon from Bianca, found a lost Herdier... and I encountered Pokemon. On Route 19, it was a Patrat that my Pokemon knocked out. That was fine though, I'd already caught one at the Floccesy Ranch and nicknamed it Potato. I had to box it though because something weird was happening with the Poke Ball and wouldn't let me release it again. I also caught a Pidove on Route 20 that I nicknamed Breeze, and I was able to use her in battle, thankfully. I'm not sure what's going on here, but at least I have two Pokemon by my side now.

I challenged Cheren for what felt like the second time, but this time, I won! Breeze was able to take out Cheren's Patrat, and Kai, though he struggled, was able to take on his Lillipup. We received the Basic Badge and the Work Up TM!

I've gotta go heal up my Pokemon now, and I think I'm going to spend the night at home, but tomorrow, I'm going to make my way to the next gym to get the next badge!

Kai the Oshawott

Breeze the Pidove

shhmew

insolent pup
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
week 1 w000

might as well post an update before the next week goes up!

I've beaten Cheren with my litle trio. Let's look at my team..

Lillian, my starter, insisted on having a -atk nature so she is not so strong, but that is okay. maybe modest will come in handy later.

Beep is just chillin.

And I swear I wasn't planning on using a Riolu at all, but I ran into a female one while searching for mareep and felt the strong urge to try to catch her. I did manage (took almost all my pokeballs), and I named her Hana just because it was the first thing to come to mind. she has a quiet nature and loves to eat and idk for some reason i feel very attached to this puppy.

QOTW: perhaps whimsicott

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Alright, here's my first update as well!

• After my Mom gets a call from Professor Juniper, I meet up with Bianca and obtain my starter, a male Snivy :snivy:. I name him Asparagus.
  • We almost lose the tutorial battle against Hugh due to Snivy's Defense-lowering Nature.
  • Alder jumps off a cliff.
  • We head through Floccesy Town and onto Route 20 to deliver the Town Map to Hugh, defeating the trainers in the progress.
  • We reach Floccesy Ranch, where we battle Hugh again. Unfortunately, I do have to spend a Potion due a crit from his Tepig.
  • I really have to resist the urge to catch a Lillipup again, because I want to use some new Pokemon.
  • We help the owner of the ranch find his Herdier, which is chilling with a Plasma Grunt.
  • I catch a Lillipup :lillipup: anyway. Oops.
I probably won't use Lillipup for too long, but I realized he might be very helpful, as I can't buy items as part of this challenge and he has Pickup. Also, he might be nice to have as a backup for Cheren.
I wanted to name the little guy Missile, after a certain awesome Pomeranian, but since that isn't a vegetable, I decide to name him Rocket, which is similar enough to Missile.

• We make our way back to Floccesy Town and help Alder out by beating up some kids.
  • Alder jumps off a cliff again.
  • We beat the Gym Trainers.
  • I challenge Cheren with Snivy at level 13 and Lillipup at level 12.
I set up two Growths with Snivy against Cheren's Patrat and then take out both of his Pokemon in two hits with Vine Whip. Basic Badge get!

:snivy:
Asparagus the Snivy
Level: 14
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Overgrow
Moveset:
  • Tackle
  • Growth
  • Vine Whip
  • Wrap
:lillipup:
Rocket the Lillipup
Level: 12
Nature: Bold
Ability: Pickup
Moveset:
  • Leer
  • Tackle
  • Odor Sleuth
  • Bite

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
@Calaf maybe you could keep the Lillipup as your HM buddy :hmmazurill:

checking its gen 5 learnset

Or maybe not ._.

AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Alright, time to finally get to this! Quick breakdown:
-Items can't be used from the bag in battle, other than Poke Balls (Outside of battle is fine though, as are held items)
-Set battle style
-While I'm not playing with any explicit Pokemon restrictions per se, I'm gonna try to use Pokémon that I feel like fit an exotic island theme, y'know, like Hoenn or Alola. I'll explain more about what my team ends up being like as I get more Pokémon down the road.

I could write this in a basic notes format, but for what's basically my favorite game in the series I do want to try to make this fun in some way. I am gonna speak from the POV of my character, and provide some funny commentary. Or at least try to. So, let's get on with it! Enjoy.
Well, hello, everyone! I'm Taryn, a young lady who's lived near the lovely exotic area most of her life, and yet never really dreamed of having an adventure with Pokémon. Until recently, that is! Along with my lifelong friend Hugh, we were taking to the Unova region, ready to start anew. Going to a bustling city is going to be something different for me...

So, as we had arrived, Mom asked me out of the blue if I wanted a Pokémon and a Pokédex. Sure, I'd love those! Heading outside, Hugh had already made his way out too, and asked his little sister to stay behind. Hm, I don't know how I feel about just letting her be by herself… But anyway, we took to the Aspertia outlook where some girl in a green hat named Bianca was looking for someone named Taryn. Oh wait, that's me! Anyway, these people wanted me to complete the Pokédex. Me? Complete the Pokédex? Aren't you asking a lot of some teenage girl who's literally just starting her journey? I said no, but Bianca said "I must have misheard you". Uh, no you didn't?! Okay, FINE! I'll help you complete the Pokédex. She claims it's fun… Nevertheless, I decided to take the Water-type Pokémon, Oshawott. I named it Scalfi! Hugh tried to come in on the fun, too, but his Snivy didn't have it on me as I beat him in four turns.

So learning about these rest stops known as Pokémon Centers, I started to make my way out. Mom was happy to see me off. Does she secretly not want me here…? At least she gave me some stuff to have for the way out. So we headed north to Route 19, and after learning how to catch wild Pokémon, we went about our business, but suddenly an old dude with orange (and pretty rad) hair jumped down from a cliff! Dude, that's kind of daring! As we made way into his forwards in Floccesy Town, he was about to train me, but instead he noticed that I have two Town Maps and wanted me to give one to Hugh. Going about Route 20 to the Floccesy Ranch, we met with some trainers and then a new Pokémon… A Mareep! Awwwwww!!! I caught it for myself and named it Jupiter. Welcome to the team!

Hugh was up for action yet again, but with my new recruit under the belt, his Snivy was handled quite simply. But then the owners of this doohicky were about and said that their Herdier had gone missing. They were a little worried… But Hugh was SUPER worried! He's taking this pretty hard for something that isn’t his! He wanted me to help him look for it. But before doing that, we found ourselves another Pokémon to add to the party in an Azurill named Pogo. With some hurdling around, we found the Herdier being bustled on by some creepy dude in black, claiming to be part of Team Plasma! Strikes terror into trainers, tried to liberate Pokémon, something something blah blah blah… And then he threw a TM at me! Ow! That's no way to treat a lady! As they retreated, the ranch owners got the Herdier back, so, all's well that ends well. We found two more Pokémon to add to the party in the meantime, a Pidove named Birdman and a Psyduck named Muddlefoot!

Alder didn't take long to recognize my new strength, and instead of training me, I got to train some of HIS students! Hey, I'm the teacher now! How about that! His students were an easy teach for me, and on the way out we met with some dude and his Medal Rally. People explain things whether we know them or not… We made our way back to Route 19, where Alder was waiting for me on top of a cliff once again. Hey, you gotta stop jumping off cliffs like that, you could hurt yourself! But he gave me some Oran Berries and spoke of a new Gym Leader taking residence in Aspertia City. After a bit of side training, we didn't take time to get there. I know a thing or two about Pokémon strength from my time in the exotics. The Gym Leader, name Cheren, sent his two trainers at me. But my primary trio had a field day with the trainers, and only one thing was in my way: Cheren himself.

This was his first battle as a Gym Leader, he claimed. He was ready for a battle we could both be proud of. And so was I! Pogo jumped out into action against his Patrat, who was attempting to get vicious, but Pogo pulling off cute looks with Charm was cutting it down! And she took her anger out on the Patrat…until he pulled out a Potion. Potions are cheap, who cops out with those in battle?! Pogo had him on the brink, but he was finished. No matter though, the Birdman came in and got the snipe! His Lillipup was next up, and he tried to rile himself up, but Birdman's chirping had him simmered down! He went down, but Scalfi came in and in a duel between his Tackle and my Water Gun, I came out on top. And then he had his own Pidove. Jupiter came in to drop two ThunderShock hits on him for the win, and my first Gym Badge! Yay! I received the Basic Badge, and TM83 for Work Up. A shining moment for us, indeed!

Outside, Bianca was impressed with my epic feat of getting my first Gym badge, and decided to give me something known as the Xtransceiver. Cheren didn't take long to get between…er, catch up with us, and eventually the so-called Professor Juniper joined in our conversation and talked about training, the Pokédex and then some. I swear, things are so easy nowadays. Back in the old days, we didn't have these things that you call phones or the internet! Hugh tried to interrupt the mood and challenged Cheren to battle, but he wasn't keen on Cheren's weak response… Anyway, Bianca was headed off to let me do as I pleased.
(M) "Scalfi", Level 12
Stats: 38, 18, 16, 25, 17, 15
Moves: Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Water Sport
Number of times fainted: 0

(F) "Jupiter", Level 11
Stats: 35, 17, 13, 21, 14, 13
Moves: Growl, Tackle, ThunderShock, Thunder Wave

(F) "Pogo", Level 10
Ability: Huge Power
Stats: 31, 11, 14, 11, 16, 9
Moves: Charm, Frustration, Tail Whip, Water Gun
Number of times fainted: 1

(M) "Birdman", Level 12
Ability: Super Luck
Stats: 37, 16, 20, 14, 12, 19
Moves: Growl, Gust, Leer, Quick Attack
Number of times fainted: 1

(F) "Muddlefoot", Level 5
Ability: Cloud Nine
Stats: 21, 10, 10, 12, 10, 10
Moves: Scratch, Tail Whip, Water Sport
Time: 1:23
Money: 7532P

Basic Badge - Obtained in Week 1 / Pokémon used: :azurill::pidove::oshawott::mareep:
So I started up my secondary White 2. Sadly, I don't have the save from my Black where we did that for the first Azurilland Plays a year ago, and my White version is empty right now, so I couldn't Memory Link. But I digress! My girl character's name Taryn, I named after Taryn Hatcher, an NBC Sports Philadelphia newscaster who was originally from Hawaii. Leave it to this forum's resident sports nerd to make whatever reference to those he can possible.
But anyway, for the island theme, Oshawott is the obvious starter choice, and the Water-types are simple picks too. The other two probably aren't going to be long-term team members, but Azurill with Charm was definitely a big help for Cheren, and so was Pidove with Quick Attack and Growl, and Mareep for the STAB super-effective move for his Pidove. Lillipup was at -4 Attack when he finished off Birdman, and Scalfi rattled through multiple Water Guns to take care of it. Switching Jupiter into that Pidove was a little scary, but she just had to survive a +2 Quick Attack for the win. Most of the other trainers didn't provide much damage, but that's to be expected this early in. And I decided not to go with the nicknaming themes for that matter, though, yeah it can be fun to go along with but some of the themes we get don't tend to interest me quite as much.
Not that much else to comment on this early on, but for now I just wanted to get this update out. So yeah, that'll do it for this part!
Also, for the QotW, I think you all know what it is, but my favorite Unova Pokemon would be of course, Scolipede, also my favorite Pokémon of all time. The idea of a big, fast 443 lbs megapede has always appealed to me, and it can learn a lot of cool moves and of course got that awesome Speed Boost in XY. I absolutely love it.

Last edited:

Mystical

Glutu Malu Soñi
Cult Classic
So I picked White 2 because I like the concept, and decided to do a monocolor. I picked the female character and named her Isabel. I picked "Shade" for my rival.

Unova Region. Winter.
Aspertia City

As the Professor introduces herself I can't help voicing some of the dialogue since I played her in the last Azurilland Theatrical Company.

The game begins with Juniper calling Isabel's mother. The mother then passes on her message to Isabel, though she takes a moment before getting to the point.

Well, I'm sure she has, unless Isabel is not from Unova, which in my head she's not. In my head, she originally comes from Johto, but she has to move, and somehow Isabel's mother and Juniper already knew each other. Anyway, I'm going to write as if this was happening to me to involve myself more.

-

So I have to find Bianca, and I'll recognize her for her green hat, and then she'll give me my Pokémon. There's one problem, though.

Really? Er, you do know this is my first time here too, though, right? Sigh all right, though, I'll do what I can.

On the way to route 19 I meet Shade, my neighbor. He tells me about the Pokémon he's hatched from an egg. Well, that's cool and all, but I had a cool team back in my own region. Only I wasn't allowed to bring them here. Not important, though. That's a story for another time.

"You can come if you want," I tell him after he hears about my mission to Bianca.

Finally we find some stairs which Shade refuses to climb in case she's not there. I shrug and climb.

The view from the top is very pretty. I sigh. There's a girl with a green hat near the edge of the platform. She must be Bianca.

"Good afternoon," I greet. She turns around.

"Oh, hello! It's a very pretty view from here, isn't it?" I nod in complete agreemeent.

"Yes, it's a beautiful night."

She smiles.

For a second I consider pranking her a little, but decide it would be mean so I answer honestly.

"That's me. You must be Bianca? Nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you, too! You're ex-act-ly like they described you!"

I blush and thank her. I can't help but like this girl. I like her enthusiasm even if she's a bit ditzy.

"Well, here are the three Pokémon you can choose from. Which one do you pick?

I instantly decide on the blue one. It's cute and blue is my favorite color, so why not?

"All right!" Bianca exclaims. "Are you going to give him a nickname?"

My mind jumps to one of the movies I'd seen in my childhood and I decide on the perfect name.

Pudge controls the weather! I smile to myself.

All right, I'm going to stop narrating so detailed because this is getting long. Maybe I'll expand it later, if I have time, but for now I'll just summarize. I fought Shade and it was an easy enough battle. Story-wise it would have been funny if the rival had raised the same Pokemon the main character chose, but of course the game gives the rival the Pokémon you're weak to. Or at least usually.

Battle formats will state the Pokémon attack and what color the attacked Pókemon's health bar is.
:snivy: Tackle (green)
:oshawott: Tackle (critical hit! orange)
:snivy: Leer
:oshawott: Tackle (red)
:snivy: Tackle (orange)
:oshawott: Tackle (fainted)

Well, I'll continue the story later if I have time. I haven't battled Cheren yet, but I caught an Azurill, which I didn't name because I pressed the wrong button, but called him "Chip" in my head for Chip and Dale, the Disney squirrels. Having some trouble training Chip, but this isn't a nuzlocke, so I'm fine. Still, no faints yet, which I'll try to keep to a minimum.

Trained with Alder and that thing with him jumping off a Cliff was funny. Did I mention Chip is a weakling? And apparently water is weak against everything. Welllll I'll detail my second battle with Shade the next time but I got really lucky. My team right now is Pudge the Oshawott and Chip the Azurill.

Oh yeah, and I got lost looking for the Floccesy Ranch Herdier so had to look it up on a playthrough ^^'

Anyway, here is the battle. Both Pudge and Snivy were level 8 and Chip was weak, so I didn't even consider using him.
:snivy: Tackle (green)
:oshawott: Water Gun (green ^^' in my defense, I thought it being STAB would do a bit more damage, but nope.)
:snivy: Leer
:oshawott: Tail Whip (idk...)
:snivy: Tackle (orange)
:oshawott: Tackle (Critical hit! red)
:snivy: Leer (lucky break lol)
:oshawott: Tackle (fainted)

And to answer the question, I think Zoroark is my favorite Unovan Pokémon. I've never really used it though so I'm basing my choice on design.
e: nvm it's Hydreigon. Same reason but it looks more menacing.

Last edited:

~Kilza~

Hurting
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Well, I made some good progress Week 1, getting 6 of the 8 badges and getting my whole team together (and almost all evolved). I'm currently at Village Bridge, making my way towards Opelucid City and badge #7, and with the way things are looking I should be done this game during Week 2.
QotW: I don't think it's really hard to figure out which one's my favorite, lol

:archeops:

Last edited:

Revan

Skyborn Trainer
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Username: Revan
In-game name: Alain
Willing to battle using Pokémon Showdown: No
Which game you're playing: Black 2

Decided to do this after all. I already restarted my game so uh no backing out now. Just a normal playthrough, no restrictions on anything.

seaturtle

Go Beyond! Plus Ultra!!
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cabin 2
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
oops sorry this is a day late for some reason i thought that i originally posted this on a wednesday
anyways

Week 2 — A PokeStar is Born
We're a week in now! The goal for week 2 is going to be to reach Castelia City.

Question of the week:
What do you think of PokeStar Studios? Have you ever taken the time to go through every movie?

This week's nicknaming theme:
Constellations!!

Revan

Skyborn Trainer
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Welp just finished Week 1 half an hour late lol.

Named myself Alain. got Oshawott named Hebra

Died to a crit from Hugh’s Snivy at the Ranch

Caught a Mareep after she paralyzed Hebra. Named her Riju

A wild Mareep paralyzed both members of my team smh

Fight against Cheren:
Led with Riju. Patrat kept using Work Up then hit me with a Tackle. I Paralyzed it on the first turn, and took it down. Lillipup Worked Up and OHKOed Riju after I Paralyzed it. Hebra did ok, took it down with 2 Water Guns after using his Oran Berry. I beat Cheren on my first try instead of my fourth!
Hebra :oshawott: (M)
Lv. 13 Calm w/ Torrent
Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Focus Energy

Riju :mareep: (F)
Lv. 12 Bold w/ Static
Tackle, Growl, Thunder Wave, Thundershock

QOTW: Honestly I think Oshawott is my favorite. It's so adorable tbh.

SAF

Second Violinist
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Say, for any of you guys who do nuzlocke or anything similar here, how would you treat Virbank Complex encounter? I mean, there are outside and inside parts there, right?

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
@SAF Personally when I’ve done Black 2 challenges I choose either the outside or inside for my encounter. It’s mostly personal preference but it feels less like two distinct areas than something like Pinwheel Forest.

Reactions: SAF

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
I agree with Dino on this. Pinwheel Forest has two entirely different sets of encounters, but for the Virbank Complex, the encounter sets are mostly the same. Also, for Pinwheel Forest, the Gym battle is in between the moments you get access to the outside and inside, which further partitions the forest, whereas the entire complex is available before the gym. Therefore, I'd treat Virbank Complex as one encounter.

EDIT: I would go for the inside btw, the encounters are much more interesting there. :p

Moonwatcher

AKA
Time Zone
BST
@SAF I've always counted them as one encounter, since the game treats it as one location. The location caught just says Virbank Complex, so it would be kinda weird to have two pokemon caught there.