MarriPlays: Pokémon Black 2 and White 2

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
  • I got out from Aspertia City and went to Virbank City through Route 20. I battled some trainers as well.
  • I arrived in Virbank City and went down to Virbank Complex to level up my Pokémon.
  • Both my Snivy and Mareep evolved.
  • I leaved Virbank Complex and had to bought some stuff before battling Roxie.
  • I defeated Roxie which wasn't that hard I thought at first. I got the Toxic Badge too.
  • I went to Pokéstar Studios and did the filming. Since I don't care about this sort of stuff, I just did the Brycen-Man thing and leaved.
  • I meet PETA Ninjas, errr, I mean Team Plasma again. I battle one of them and go to Route 20 to find them. I battled one of them again too.
  • I took the boat to Castelia City and then went to Route 4 to just catch a Sandile. I nicknamed him Karakum.
  • I went to the Pokémon Center in Castelia City to heal all of my Pokémon and saved my game.

:servine:
Amaranth
Level: 20
Ability: Overgrow
Quirky nature
Highly curious

Moves
Cut
Return
Leaf Tornado
Leech Seed

:flaaffy:
Pumpkin
Level: 20
Ability: Static
Sassy nature
Quick tempered

Moves
Take Down
Rock Smash
Thunder Wave
ThunderShock

:sandile:
Karakum
Level: 16
Ability: Intimidate
Timid nature
Often dozes off

Moves
Sand-Attack
Torment
Sand Bomb
Assurance

Last edited:

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
-After finally beating Cheren, he, mom and Bianca add their numbers to my pokegear.
-We proceed to Virbank City, my Riolu Goofy, my Oshawott Pudge and my Azurill Gus.
-I get lost at first, but after asking for directions, I finally find the Gym.
-Roxie defeats me the first time, so I decide to strengthen the bond between my Pokemon and I and make them stronger.
-Goofy evolves into Lucario and Gus evolves into Marill. I'm happy and decide that's probably enough to defeat Roxie, since Goofy would now be immune to poison.
:koffing: LV 16 -- :marill: LV 13
Assurance -- Charm
Switch to Goofy
-- Smog (Goofy is immune)
Feint -- Tackle
Force Palm -- Tackle
Me First -- Tackle
Super Potion
-- Feint
Me First
-- Tackle
Me First (Tackle) -- Fainted!

:whirlipede: LV 18 -- :lucario: LV 19
Feint -- Pursuit
Me First -- Pursuit
Me First -- Pursuit
Protect
-- Feint
Fainted!
-After the battle, a guy approaches me asking me to come with him to a filming studio. He explains that he had seen me in the battle and thought I'd be perfect for their new film.
-Turns out Roxie's father, pop Roxie if I heard correctly, wanted to be an actor but quite frankly his role as Riolu Man was... well, not good.
-I was asked to do the same film with a borrowed Riolu and we nailed it.
-My Pokémon and I were having fun, so we decided to do two other movies, one with a borrowed Pokémon and the other one between Goofy and I.
-As it turned out, Shade and Roxie had been looking for me, because Team Plasma had attacked. Shade seems to take it personally. I wonder if he met Team Plasma before? Maybe they took one of his Pokémon. That would explain why he was so defensive over other people's Pokémon. Maybe he has a grudge on Team Plasma.
-We find them and defeat them.
-Apparently they are heading for the port, and Shade wants to corner them there.
-As thanks, and to help Shade's cause, Pop Roxie offers to take Shade and I to Castelia City, and we accept.
:lucario: (Goofy) LV 19
-Foresight
-Force Palm
-Feint
-Me First

:oshawott: (Pudge) LV 17
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Razor Shell
-Focus Energy

:marill: (Gus) LV 14
-Charm
-BubbleBeam
-Tail Whip
-Water Sport
Lucario is great. His Me First and Force Palm are really great. Counter was good, but Me First is even better and is not limited to physical attacks. I had to walk for some time though, because his friendship was not high enough to evolve and I didn't want to overlevel him, but it was worth it. Marill is still the weakest, but Charm at least is helpful. Oshawott is ready to evolve, but I decided to wait just a little more (this was before Riolu and Azurill evolved. Also, I decided I'm going to keep Gus as Marill and Pudge as Dewott.
I did do a couple of extra films. Doesn't add to the plot but I think it's a neat feature to do anyway. Also, I was thinking I had to finish the battle in the number of moves they indicated but if it's faster it's better. Another thing was the dialogue. There's a "correct" option so there's not much flexibility in that aspect.

Edit: also what's the director saying "dahling"? XD this was funny but a bit annoying after three times of it.

Last edited:

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Week 3 — In the Spotlight!
As we keep rolling along in our journeys, the goal for this week is to reach Nimbasa City and defeat Elesa to earn the Bolt Badge! Let your teams strut their stuff on the runway!

Question of the week:
Have you used Join Avenue? What are your thoughts about it?

This week's nicknaming theme:
Real world cities

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
I still hadn't done Week 2 yet because it took me a little while to write out the update. But here's that first! Enjoy.
Well, with our first badge done and out of the way, we were able to progress forward! And in doing so, Bianca stopped me and upgraded my Pokédex with something called the Habitat List, which shows what Pokémon live in every area. Yay, it's fun learning things! There was also some Hiker who believed that he could teach me something, but I taught him instead! And there was something about dark grass, too, which Cheren and Hugh showed us about. We beat a bunch more trainers and entered Virbank City! This place is cool. But it's not without its drama as there's some Roxie chick fighting with her father, who wants to be a ship captain and a movie star. She wasn't taking lightly to that!

This place sure has a vibe of a city that felt like they were cool and full of themselves. Although some dude gives me Great Balls for Poké Balls, not sure why you'd rip yourself off like that! We caught two new Pokémon south in the complex, an Audino named Resonation and a Growlithe named Felicia. Being at this complex and on top of these walkways kinda makes me feel like an industrial worker! But that requires a lot of dirty work, something that I wouldn't have fun doing. These trainers sure had it busy, though! One dude even talked about wanting to impress Roxie. Hey, how about you take me instead? I'm single and ready to mingle! But the head of the complex gave me some TM Rock Smash for rounding those Workers up. On second thought, maybe I could help them in the long run. Or maybe not!

It wasn't long before my team was ready for the Virbank Gym, which had Poison-type Pokémon. And Jupiter was now a Flaaffy! Roxie's bandmates were jamming out, but my team was well equipped to take them! And after both the guitar girl and the drummer dude were silenced, Scalfi began to change too. He had evolved into a Dewott! And not a moment too soon. Roxie wasn't exactly pleased with my interrupting her, and was ready to knock some sense out of me. Does that mean she's going to make me dumber? Get your grammar right!

Jupiter opened up against her Koffing, and took a Venoshock but was charged up and dealt a blast! It paralyzed her, but wasn't able to get the last jump on her. Scalfi finished that, though!
She had a Grimer afterwards, and Resonation was in on that. I had Refresh to make use against her Poison Gas, but Venoshock had me on edge. With some help from Pogo's Tail Whip, which was unfortunately cut by an annoying as all heck critical hit, Resonation finished her after Regenerator propped him up!
Her last one was Whirlipede. Resonation was able to deal a Growl before retreating. Unfortunately, Birdman didn't last against her, and Felicia was dealt ANOTHER critical hit!!! She dealt an Ember and Resonation roughened her up. With just Scalfi left, I cut her Defense in half and once he was in Torrent range, a Razor Shell finished the job for the win!

With that, I had earned the Toxic Badge, and even got TM09 for Venoshock. I rocked out a little hard there, didn't I? Suddenly, I was invited to Pokéstar Studios, and that got Roxie the reminder that she had to help the captain once again. Well, better follow her, no?!

It didn’t take long for me to make my way to Pokéstar Studios! Soon we were at the theater, where that same captain from before was about to make his appearance on the silver screen. And yet, the movie was some lame chump called the Riolu Man but was scared. What kind of a hero is that?! You're the hero, you're not supposed to back down from anything! "I'm scared"?! "No one will ever forget how he fought timidly with all his might"? Yeah, no one. Except literally everyone who watched that, because they all fell asleep!

They said that they had some perfect script prepared for me and this seasoned guy, but it was nothing more than the same movie. Except this time, I showed Roxie's dad how it was done. As the Riolu Girl, I was significantly more powerful and not a scared coward! And with that, I had a name for myself here. Looking around the studios was nice. I'd sure love to have my own room where my makeup and hair are done for me! And in the meantime I did another movie that had me playing a spoiled princess, and dealing with some Woobat and Swoobat. Ooooooh, eerie.

But then trouble was abound in Virbank City… Team Plasma was back! They were no match for us, though, and Roxie gave me HM01 for Cut. I'm ready to chop down some trees! And in the dock, she and her father made up, as she enjoyed his movie. Really? That joke of a movie? He didn't realize what he had become and hoped to strengthen his acting skills and capabilities as a captain. Well, they're on good terms again, so, all's well that ends well. We were invited to go on the captain's boat.

You hear that? We were on a boat! Everybody look at me, cause I'm…okay, that's kinda overdone. But next thing you know, Castelia City had awaited us! Right off the bat, some funny clown had gave me a Bicycle. Time to go fast! Well, not right now. I'll see you guys next time!
(M) "Scalfi", Level 18
Stats: 58, 32, 28, 44, 28, 26
Moves: Razor Shell, Tackle, Tail Whip, Water Gun, Water Sport
Number of times fainted: 0

(F) "Jupiter", Level 15
Stats: 49, 26, 21, 32, 23, 19
Moves: Charge, Growl, ThunderShock, Thunder Wave
Number of times fainted: 1

(F) "Pogo", Level 16
Ability: Huge Power
Stats: 51, 16, 22, 15, 25, 18
Moves: BubbleBeam, Charm, Return, Tail Whip
Number of times fainted: 2

(M) "Birdman", Level 16
Ability: Super Luck
Stats: 46, 20, 25, 17, 15, 24
Moves: Air Cutter, Growl, Leer, Quick Attack

(F) "Felicia", Level 15
Stats: 42, 27, 20, 23, 23, 25
Moves: Ember, Leer, Odor Sleuth, Rock Smash

(M) "Resonation", Level 16
Ability: Regenerator
Stats: 59, 24, 33, 26, 37, 24
Moves: Attract, Growl, Refresh, Return
Time: 3:46
Money: 15196P
Pokédex: 27

Basic Badge - Obtained in Week 1 / Pokémon used: :azurill: :pidove: :oshawott: :mareep:

Toxic Badge - Obtained in Week 2 / Pokémon used: :flaaffy: :dewott: :audino: :marill: :pidove: :growlithe:
So for my two new catches, Audino can fit in just about anything, much like Chansey can, and Growlithe, a Fire-type dog, also fits for the island theme. There really wasn't a lot to the trainers in the Virbank Complex. The only ones that did much were two Workers, one with a Magby that burned Scalfi and then had a Koffing that was a bit of a drag to KO as it poisoned Birdman. Another one had a Lillipup (or maybe it was Elekid, I don't remember) that scored a critical hit to leave Felicia at 1 HP… And then used Leer. How laughable. I decided to get work done by training the team up, and I also did some walking to get Pogo's happiness up for the evolution. I got Scalfi to the point where he'd evolve after beating the two trainers in the Virbank Gym, which he did.
And then that Roxie fight sure was tough! To start, in hindsight I probably should've opened with Thunder Wave instead of Charge in the hopes that Jupiter would hold her off a tad longer. As for Grimer, I honestly forgot that Resonation had Refresh, which did help me a little bit. Too bad Attract turned out to be worthless in that fight. Regenerator was a help, though, as it allowed him to hang on to finish it. Those critical hits were annoying, though, but lowering Whirlipede's Attack helped a bit to hold off her usage of Rollout when Scalfi came in. A part of me felt like I should've had Felicia use Leer instead of a weak Ember, but Scalfi came in to get the job done at just the right moment thanks to Torrent and -2 Defense for the win.
As for Pokéstar Studios, there's just a lot there that entertains me. Real talk, I like how the Riolu Man is supposed to be a hero yet he's too timid and causes the audience to fall asleep. And how this so called script for a veteran and rookie is the one you just saw! It's too funny.
For the QotW, I also do enjoy Pokéstar Studios. I remember getting all the good endings in December 2012 and have since done some of the twist endings, but not all of them. I'll definitely do some more movies before this event ends, haha. I recently rewatched a few videos of some of the movies to see just how much feels some of them are.

I'll try to get the next part out quicker before the week ends, though. x_x

Last edited:

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Week 3
Actually have a solid amount to update on this week! My first stop after reaching Castelia and exploring most of the city was, of course, the sewers to fight Team Plasma. More importantly, getting that far meant not one, but two new team members! In the little park area accessible by sewer, I caught an Eevee named Seattle (I'm planning to evolve him into a Vaporeon), and in the cave area I caught a Swoobat named Venice. Unfortunately, Venice just couldn't hang with the rest of the team thanks to poor stats all-around and an awful ability in Klutz, so she ended up boxed midway through the desert.

Before that, though, Burgh happened! He wasn't too difficult, honestly. Guess that happens when your strongest team members are a Pignite and a Koffing. Colress happened too, but again, Pepper exists.

From there, it was into the desert, and the eventual boxing of Venice (not without a certain amount of guilt). Since I knew that meant I was going to be out a planned team member and my only Fly-capable Pokemon, I had to improvise. After a good amount of searching, I found and caught a Trapinch named Cairo. Truth be told, he can't take hits any better than Venice could, but he has the significant advantages of a killer attack stat, an actually good ability, the ability to use held items like the Eviolite, and an evolutionary method that isn't hampered by constantly fainting from one hit. Sorry, Venice.

From there, it was onto NImbasa. After a bit of training to beef up the team and bring Cairo up to the level of the others, we took on Elesa and her Gym. It sucked. Every single battle involved lots of paralysis, and Elesa threw in Volt Switch to make it more annoying. Eventually, instead of trying to use my team in an order that would level them up evenly, I said "screw it" and tore through Elesa's team with Cairo.

For this week's question, I have literally never used or cared about Join Avenue, and since all online services from before Gen 6 are no longer functional, I never will.
:pignite:Pepper
Female
Level 26
Blaze
Gentle Nature
Flame Charge|Arm Thrust|Strength|Rock Tomb

:koffing:Gemini
Male
Level 26
Levitate
Impish Nature
Sludge|Assurance|Haze|Venoshock

:eevee:Seattle
Male
Level 26
Run Away
Serious Nature
Covet|Bite|Dig|Growl

:trapinch:Cairo
Male
Level 27
Hyper Cutter
Serious Nature
Bulldoze|Rock Slide|Struggle Bug|Sand Tomb
:woobat:Venice
Female
Level 23
Klutz
Mild Nature
Air Cutter|Heart Stamp|Assurance|Imprison

Felly

not in love tonight
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
In the cardboard box in front of your house.
AKA
Audra
Time Zone
EST/GMT-5
I survived week 3! 🙌 I don't really have a whole lot of notes for this round tbh, other than I found a Rattata at Castelia City that I ended up KOing. To answer the question of the week though, I never got a chance to use Join Avenue. By the time I played the games for my first runthrough, Nintendo had taken away wifi services for the gen 5 games, so it was never really an option for me in the first place.

After resting up a bit, I took on the Harlequin Hunt. I was told to visit the clowns at the Medal Office, Passerby Analytics HQ, and the Battle Company. The Battle Company was right there, so I went there first. A janitor at the entrance gave me an EXP Share, which could be helpful later on down the road as I add new friends to my squad. As I searched the city for the harlequins, I was able to pick up TM Flash and I even purchased a Casteliacone! Can't visit Castelia City without getting one of these delicious cones! I found the gym too, but the leader was out dealing with some trouble in the city. A girl named Iris stops me at the gym too and decides to help out, but she ran off before I really found out where she was going. It's fine though, I wanted to finish the clown hunt first. I ran into Iris again who wanted me to join her at a place called Thumb Street? I told her I'd meet her there, and I went on with finishing the hunt. I finally found the last clown at the Medal Office, and my reward for finding all three clowns was a Rare Candy!

I met up with Iris, and she suggested searching the sewers. Hugh joined me, and together, we went down into the Castelia Sewers. I found a Zubat down here that I was able to catch too! I nicknamed her Alizeh, and adding her to my team really eased my worries about just having Breeze on my team. We find Team Plasma and beat them in battle, but Burgh stops us from pressing forward any further. Hugh gives me HM Strength, and a strange man comes out to praise our battle before disappearing.

I decided to keep exploring in the sewers for a little bit, and I stepped into the Relic Passage and got my hands on a Roggenrola! I nicknamed her Alana, and already, my squad has grown by two since being in Castelia! I left the sewers, and Iris encouraged me to challenge Burgh. I told her I would once I was ready to do so. I visited the Pokemon Center, where a girl told me about GeoNet, but I kinda tuned her out. I encountered a Rattata in the city as well, but I KO'd it and didn't bother catching it. I knew the mysterious force would stop me from using it even if I caught it. Breeze evolved into a Tranquill too!

When I was ready, I decided to take on Burgh in his gym. Alana was surprisingly useful in the gym against his Dwebble, and Breeze was able to get a critical hit Air Cutter on his Leavanny to one shot it. No losses this time around! Today must be a good day. I earned the Insect Badge and TM Struggle Bug for my victory!

As I was leaving Castelia, the strange man who introduced himself as Colress ran into me and wanted me to meet him on Route 4 for a battle. I agreed. Bianca caught up to me as well and gave me a Dowsing Machine. On Route 4, I added Sandy the Sandile to my team as well. When I did catch up to Colress, he made a group of Crustle blocking the path step aside before battling me. I was able to defeat him, and he gave me a Protein before disappearing.

I spoke to the Medal Guy again, who gave me a whole bunch of medals. I thanked him for his time and continued onward. Alizeh even evolved into a Golbat as I made my way to Nimbasa! I received an introduction to Join Avenue, but it didn't really interest me, so I continued onward into the city. I battled with a guy named Nate at the Battle Subway, and as thanks for battling with him, he gave me a Vs. Recorder! It seems like a pretty nifty device, so maybe I'll use it a little bit later on down the road.

I backtracked a little bit to do some training and catch some more Pokemon. There was another Sandile I encountered at the Desert Resort, but I KO'd it and I was unable to catch it. I did get a Sandshrew at the Relic Castle though, and I nicknamed her Seri!

When I returned to the amusement park, I went to the amusement park and learned that the gym leader was out and about. I decided to look around and visit the rides, where I was able to battle trainers. I went to the stadiums to challenge the trainers there, and while I was training, Seri evolved into a Sandslash! She's growing up so fast! I also received the Prop Case from a gentleman at the musical theatre, but I left before really trying it out.

I challenged Elesa to a gym battle and it was rough! I lost all of my Pokemon except for Seri, who really carried me through the battle. I was a little worried I was going to lose her too, but she was able to pull through! I was able to get the Bolt Badge and TM Volt Switch for winning, which was nice.

But now I'm back in the same boat I was in at the beginning of the day, only I just have Seri now instead of just Breeze... It's a shame, I was really excited about nearly having a full team of six Pokemon, but now I'm all the way back to one. Seri and I are going to rest in Nimbasa for tonight, but hopefully tomorrow is a better day for us and we can find some new friends that'll help us out along the way.

Seri the Sandslash

Kai the Dewott (Defeated by Virbank City Gym Leader Roxie's Whirlipede.)

Breeze the Tranquill (Defeated by Nimbasa City Gym Leader Elesa's Emolga.)

Alizeh the Golbat (Defeated by Nimbasa City Gym Leader Elesa's Emolga.)

Alana the Roggenrola (Defeated by Nimbasa City Gym Leader Elesa's Emolga.)

Sandy the Sandile (Defeated by Nimbasa City Gym Leader Elesa's Emolga.)

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
I finally found the time to catch up in the 4 hours between meeting my tutor and my lecture so:
Got to Castelia last time, got the bike and spent too long buying lemonades from the vending machines. Level grinding in that office building went well, got the team up to about level 18 before I realised Aron, Spheal and the recently-evolved Skiploom really weren't gonna do anything to Burgh, so I went and got my next teammate out: Another Pokemon I've never used is Heatmor. So Narky the Heatmor joins the gang from now on.

Burgh was easy enough even though Narky's strongest move was Fire Spin.
Lots of Level Grinding and TM Collecting in the desert next, and the routes after Nimbasa, and in the fairgrounds because damn I was underleveled, had to headbutt a few Audino as well.

Fighting Elesa my team was level 28 Jumpluff, 24 Heatmor, 26 Aron and 30 Spheal (forgot to take the EXP Share off whOOps) and I had to rely on Narky's dig to get anywhere because Aron apparently can't take a single hit
Now I've got the bolt badge and volt switch and style and I'm soon boutta head on over to fight Clay. Here's the squad update:

"Flump" - :jumpluff: - Level 29 - Chlorophyll - Lax Nature
-Leech Seed
-Return
-Mega Drain
-Bullet Seed

"Boris" - :spheal: - Level 30 - Thick Fat - Gentle Nature
-Body Slam
-Aurora Beam
-Ice Ball
-Water Gun

"Steel Spud" - :aron: - Level 26 - Rock Head - Gentle Nature
-Iron Head
-Rock Tomb
-Dig
-Take Down

"Narky" - :heatmor: - Level 25 - Gluttony - Naive Nature
-Incinerate
-Lick
-Fire Spin
-Dig

Question of the Week: I LOVE join avenue, I don't really know why but its kinda satisfying to be the kingpin of what is essentially a big mall

Last edited:

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So I'm gonna get the first part of this week out. Enjoy.
So with us having made land in Castelia City, there was much going on! My first objective was to find some clowns, and I did, and got some candy prize from them. Mmmmm. And someone else in a Battle Company was kind enough to give me something But we're here on an objective, so we made our way to the Gym. Unfortunately, the Gym Leader wasn't there! And some Iris chick had an idea of where he had went off to. Back in the far reaches of the city near the gate, we found the sewers. No, Hugh, I couldn't find Team Plasma. But that's why I'm here, is it not?!

Going around the sewers, Hugh needed me to join him and look for Team Plasma. But we wandered about and beat a bunch of trainers along the way, and found some stuff scattered around, including the Leftovers. I must ask, who would leave items like this in an ugly sewer? But hey, one man's trash, is this girl's treasure.

At least Hugh was nice enough to heal my Pokémon throughout. I guess this isn't such a total chore after all, but man alive, sewers aren't a place for me to have fun in! At least we put Team Plasma to shame and forced them out. Then we met with the Gym Leader, Burgh, who looked and talked funny and invited me to his Gym. Hugh also gave me the HM for Strength, which will give me and my Pokémon very strong capabilities! But we also met with some weird looking dude with yellow hair and some astro swerve on it…

Right near was an area back outside, in a tiny little garden. Apparently this was where Castelia City all began. Isn't that something! In that area, I caught myself an Eevee that I named Heatwaver. But first we had other matters to attend to before we could really make use of it! Exploring the city, these people sure knew how to live the big life, I tell you! Some of them even wanted to battle, but my team had the right things to deal with them. But you know, the city is cool! Some people even gave me a bunch of dirt cheap ice cream for my Pokémon. I also got to meet two GAME FREAK employees who are responsible for the creation of Pokémon themselves, too!

And we also checked north to Route 4, where Bianca was nice enough to give me a Dowsing Machine that finds hidden items. Sign me up for some treasure hunting! And we beat some trainers there, including a Pokémon Breeder who was into battling me over and over. Hey, all the more EXP for me! I also prepared Heatwaver for what was ahead so he could be in line when I join him. But the road ahead was blocked by some giant stones, so we had something to deal with. I also received some mysterious lump called the Eviolite, that helps Pokémon that aren't at their last stage. How about that!

Anyway, that something would be the Gym, once more! We dealt with four trainers, as we went through balls of web that sucked me in and propelled me up! And along the way, Birdman evolved into a Tranquill. That's sure to help for this tough fight up ahead! Burgh was at the top, and went on about his Bug-type Pokémon team… But they weren't about to best my team, mind you!

He had his Dwebble up first, and Scalfi dealt with two hits of Feint Attack from it before Razor Shell got the dunker. His Leavanny quickly finished me with Razor Leaf, but Birdman, who had the Scope Lens and some Super Luck backing him, lived an Aerial Ace with ease and Air Cutter shriveled him apart with a critical hit. Zoom!
Resonation came in to take on his Karrablast, and as he munched on his Leftovers, we had a long-winded exchange of hits before I brought in Birdman again so Resonation could heal up with Regenerator. And Birdman healed himself with Roost, but Resonation finished him after hanging on. He had a Karrablast in the final frame, but it was lazy and easily bested.

With that, I received the Insect Badge, and TM76 for Struggle Bug. That's cool, I guess. But now we have Nimbasa City to make our way towards!
(M) "Scalfi", Level 21
Stats: 68, 37, 32, 50, 32, 29
Moves: Fury Cutter, Razor Shell, Tail Whip, Water Gun

(F) "Jupiter", Level 20
Stats: 63, 33, 27, 41, 29, 25
Moves: Charge, Growl, ThunderShock, Thunder Wave

(F) "Pogo", Level 20
Ability: Huge Power
Stats: 74, 31, 39, 29, 43, 26
Moves: BubbleBeam, Charm, Return, Tail Whip

(M) "Birdman", Level 23
Ability: Super Luck
Stats: 68, 37, 40, 29, 25, 44
Moves: Air Cutter, Growl, Quick Attack, Roost

(F) "Felicia", Level 20
Stats: 53, 35, 26, 29, 29, 30
Moves: Flame Wheel, Leer, Rock Smash, Thief

(M) "Resonation", Level 20
Stats: 72, 30, 41, 32, 45, 29
Moves: Growl, Refresh, Return, Secret Power

Other Pokemon used:
:eevee: (M) "Heatwaver", Level 20
Time: 6:13
Money: 41145P
Pokédex: 52

Basic Badge - Obtained in Week 1 / Pokémon used: :azurill::pidove::oshawott::mareep:

Toxic Badge - Obtained in Week 2 / Pokémon used: :flaaffy::dewott::audino::marill::pidove::growlithe:

Insect Badge - Obtained in Week 3 / Pokémon used: :dewott::tranquill::audino:
So yes, I am going to do two posts for this week. I don't want this to get super long which is kind of why. But anyway, I like Castelia City, there are a lot of things here including the Battle Company, the Harlequin Hunt, getting the Bicycle, Amulet Coin, and other cool items. Dealing with the trainers wasn't really a hassle.
There's also a bit in the café right near where you get Flash, with a dude who talks about a tearful reunion he had with his mother after returning to her after so long. It's little things like that in game I like paying attention to! I also tried to steal the Leftovers from Nishino's Clefairy, to no avail. But whatever.
I like how Burgh says "I've got a bad feeling about this! Could I be in trouble?" I don't know if that's meant to be sarcastic or not, but either way, that battle didn't prove much at all. My question is why that Shelmet has Curse if they're not even gonna give him any physical attacks to make use of it with…
I didn't realize until later on that I didn't even check out the Relic Passage before Burgh. I do get that done next time, though.
As for the question, I have a Level 100 Join Avenue on my main White 2, I know I played with it quite a bit in the days before the 3DS era. I liked building shops up to Level 10 and making usage of the content there.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Oh yeah, so I guess I can make an update. I got Archeops to Lv. 100, then after transferring him to my first run playthrough, I decided to go and get all good/strange endings in Pokestar Studios. It took awhile but I ended up doing it. Doing the movies was definitely enjoyable and pretty fun and I'm glad I decided to do them.

That's pretty much it for me and Black 2, though. I've spent 3 weeks on the game, I think I can safely move on even without doing stuff like Black Tower and PWT, lol.

QotW: lol, nope, did not use it at all. Didn't care for it in the slightest. Plus even if I wanted to use it, building it up without Wi-Fi would be painful, so...

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
Now that this week's naming theme is the real world cities, I'm limiting myself to those in my home country, Indonesia. Still have a lot to choose from even after that, though. :hmmazurill:
  • Got a Dowsing Machine from Bianca just when he wanted to try his luck in Route 4
  • Got Surabaya the violinist :sandile: girl in Route 4
  • Trained everyone in the sewers and the Battle Company
  • Battled the clowns in the gym before dealing with Castelia's gym leader, Burgh (Scallion :swadloon: evolved into :leavanny: while fighting one of them)
  • Feeling not ready to deal with Burgh yet, he left the gym to grind for some more time
  • Corvus :zubat: evolved into :golbat: during the training session
  • Finally faced Burgh after some grinding
Burgh | Chitose
:swadloon: | Corvus :golbat:
  • - (broke the viola) | Wing Attack
:dwebble: | Surabaya :sandile:
  • Rock Polish | Sand Tomb
  • Struggle Bug | Mud-Slap
  • Struggle Bug | Sand Tomb
  • Hyper Potion to :dwebble: | Super Potion to Surabaya :sandile:
  • Struggle Bug (missed) | Sand Tomb
  • Struggle Bug | Sand Tomb (missed)
  • Struggle Bug | Mud-Slap
  • Struggle Bug | Super Potion to Surabaya :sandile:
  • Struggle Bug (broke the viola) | Cut
:leavanny: | Cepheus :magby:
  • - (broke the viola) | Flame Burst
  • Got the Insect Badge and TM Struggle Bug from Burgh
  • Fought Colress at Route 4
Colress | Chitose
:magnemite: | Surabaya :sandile:
  • Magnet Bomb (broke the violin) | Sand Tomb
:klink: | Cepheus :magby:
  • Charge | Flame Burst
  • Super Potion to :klink: | Ember
  • - (broke the cello) | Flame Burst
  • Went through Route 4, but not without exploring Desert Resort and Relic Castle first
  • Surabaya :sandile: broke her violin while exploring the Relic Castle
  • Got Pontianak the violinist :sandshrew: girl at Desert Resort and Medan the cellist :yamask: boy in the Relic Castle
  • Did the Join Avenue tutorial
  • Got Manado the cellist :gothita: girl at Route 16 and Merauke the violist :minccino: boy at Route 5
  • Also got HM Fly from Bianca at Route 5
  • Found an Xtransceiver which turned out to be Yancy's
  • Trained the newest members to catch up with the others
  • Pontianak :sandshrew: evolved into :sandslash: during the training session
  • Teamed up with Rosa to battle the Subway Bosses: Ingo and Emmet (Corvus :golbat: broke his viola, unfortunately)
  • Got a Vs. Recorder from Rosa
  • Looked for Nimbasa's gym leader, Elesa, in the roller coaster a.k.a. her old gym, but seems like she left for the new one
  • More training ensued in the stadiums and nearby routes, especially for Merauke :minccino: (and later, Manado :gothita:) to catch up with the others and Pontianak :sandslash: to prepare against Elesa
  • During the training session:
    • Scallion :leavanny: broke his viola
    • Virgo :woobat: broke her cello
    • Cepheus :magby: evolved into :magmar:
  • Joined with Elesa and her modeling squad on the catwalk
Elesa | Chitose
:emolga: | Cepheus :magmar:
  • Volt Switch | Confuse Ray
:flaaffy: | Cepheus :magmar:
  • - (gotten hurt by confusion ) | Switch to Pontianak :sandslash:
:flaaffy: | Pontianak :sandslash:
  • - (broke the violin) | Magnitude 6
:zebstrika: | Pontianak :sandslash:
  • Quick Attack (ate the Sitrus Berry) | Magnitude 6
  • Pursuit (critical hit, broke the violin) | Magnitude 10
:emolga: | Cepheus :magmar:
  • Pursuit (burned via Flame Body) | Confuse Ray
  • Volt Switch | Flame Burst
  • Hyper Potion to :emolga: | Fresh Water to Cepheus :magmar:
  • Volt Switch | Flame Burst
  • Volt Switch (broke the violin) | Faint Attack (paralyzed via Static)
  • Got the Bolt Badge and TM Volt Switch from Elesa
Violin
:magmar: Cepheus (Boy)
Level: 30
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Calm
Moves: Flame Burst, Faint Attack, Confuse Ray, Fire Punch

:sandslash: Pontianak (Girl)
Level: 32
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Sassy
Moves: Strength, Rock Tomb, Fury Cutter, Magnitude

Viola
:minccino: Merauke (Boy)
Ability: Skill Link
Nature: Lax
Moves: Tail Slap, Double Slap, Sing, Swift

Cello
:gothita: Manado (Girl)
Ability: Frisk
Nature: Timid
Moves: Psyshock, Double Slap, Psybeam, Faint Attack

:yamask: Medan (Boy)
Ability: Mummy
Nature: Hardy
Moves: Ominous Wind, Will-O-Wisp, Night Shade, Hex
Violin
:oshawott: Taro (Boy)
:sandile: Surabaya (Girl)

Viola
:patrat: Bok Choy (Boy)
:leavanny: Scallion (Boy)
:golbat: Corvus (Boy)

Cello
:woobat: Virgo (Girl)
The names I picked here were actually randomized from all the cities from Indonesia's five major islands:
  • Sumatra: Medan
  • Java: Surabaya
  • Kalimantan / Borneo: Pontianak (a.k.a. the Equatorial City)
  • Sulawesi / Celebes: Manado
  • Papua: Merauke (a.k.a. the easternmost city of Indonesia)
QOTW: As for the Join Avenue, I never get to use it. Mainly because I never have a DS (let alone the physical copies of BW2) to begin with.

Rex

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
EST
So after hunting down the Harlequins in Castelia I make way for the Gym where I meet Iris and we go to hunt down Team Plasma in the sewers... And get completely lost. I went down instead of up and end up exploring the whole sewers before coming back to find them.

After beating Team Plasma I meet Burgh followed by Colress, then head into the Relic Passage to find another member for my team. After seeing no dust clouds for about a half hour, I go get 20 repels and come back. In 20 repels, I only come across 7 dust clouds, 6 contain shards, and only one has what I'm looking for. :drilbur:

So I catch Drilbur and keeping in line with this week's naming theme, I name him Boston (can anyone guess why?). Anyway, Boston takes a backseat for Burgh's gym which I make it through with only Squash fainting due to a crit.

Traveling through the desert, I battle Colress, and just explore. Not a lot more happens here. I make it to Nimbasa and see the sights of the city before finally making my way to the gym. Here was Boston's time to shine. Having learned Hone Claws, Dig, and Rock Slide, it was an easy fight for him, but not so much for the other two who were easily taken down by a combination of Fire and Electric moves

Squash
:lucario: f
Lvl 27
Inner Focus
Hasty, Loves to eat
Amulet Coin
Return
Rock Tomb
Work Up
Force Palm

Gemini
:magnemite:
Lvl 27
Magnet Pull
Naive, Hates to lose
Eviolite
Thunder Wave
Supersonic
ThunderShock
Mirror Shot

Boston
:drilbur: m
Lvl 30
Sand Force
Hardy, Likes to run
Soft Sand
Rock Slide
Dig
Hone Claws
Metal Claw

QOTW: I can't really say I ever used Join Avenue so I don't know if I have much of an opinion on it. Honestly most of this game feels like I'm playing it for the first time

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
I'll add the written story later, but right now I just wanted to get this out before the week ends.
  • Tied up a few loose ends in Castelia City, including getting the Quick Claw that I missed.
  • Beat Colress on Route 4, but he wasn't the easiest opponent. And I beat the rest of the trainers there, too. Faints: Jupiter (Colress' Klink, Backpacker Roland's Timburr)
  • Made way to Nimbasa City, but first I went through Join Avenue. I made my intro phrase "It me" and my character nickname "Jawn". Haha, I'm a Philly native alright.
  • One of the very first things I did, though, was get to the Desert Resort and find the Fire Stone, which I immediately used on Heatwaver to get him to evolve into a Flareon.
  • Later on I caught a few more Pokémon, including an Emolga that I named Neuronetta and a Maractus that I named Mambo. I went through the Desert Resort properly and beat the trainers there, rotating my team members along the way.
  • Went through the old Nimbasa Gym, and got a bit of EXP for Mambo.
  • On Monday, I caught a Braviary on Route 4 that I named Philly. I felt that I should've named him after a Philadelphia player (primarily an Eagle), but I thought hey, this works too.
  • I then took on the trainers on Route 16, and got some EXP for my team. Quite a bit considering the level differences! I also dealt with a few trainers in the stadiums for some extra EXP and money. There was plenty of EXP to gain, and by the time we were ready for Elesa, my team was all near Level 26…except Mambo, who was about to get there but was dealt a Fake Out and then two undeserved critical hits in a row from a Liepard used by one of the Strikers. Faints: Jupiter (Pokémon Breeder Galen's Liepard), Mambo (Striker Roberto's Liepard)
  • But he learned that move in the middle of Elesa's Gym, where the trainers didn't prove that much of a difficulty. But then came Elesa herself!
As she began with Emolga, I opened with Jupiter. Her Aerial Ace dealt a pretty weak hit as I used Charge. She used it again and I was out 1/3 as Static triggered, then my Electro Ball did half, but it propped her Sitrus Berry.
However, she switched out for Zebstrika, which was less than ideal. She hit with Stomp for less than half my remaining health but the flinch. After another Stomp came short of the KO, Static triggered, and I got in a Growl. I used it again before she finished me with Flame Charge. I brought in Mambo, and Needle Arm was light but got the flinch. Another got her to half and propped her Sitrus Berry, as her Flame Charge…did 1/4 and boosted her Speed. Then she was faster and used another Flame Charge to get me below half. I hit hard with Giga Drain, and then she used Pursuit before I finished her. Mambo grew to Level 27.
Joltik came after. She used Thunder Wave, sure enough, and I used Cotton Spore to half her Speed. I switched Heatwaver into an X-Scissor for 1/6 as Fire Fang easily got the KO.
Flaaffy came after, and Fire Fang scored a critical hit that almost OHKO'd, but Thunder Wave paralyzed me. She used her Hyper Potion, and I did half. Volt Switch did under half my remaining health and brought her out to Emolga, who was hit big with Fire Fang and got fully paralyzed before being KO'd. Flaaffy missed a Take Down and was finished for the win.

So with that, I got the Bolt Badge and TM72 for Volt Switch, which is cool. I was ready to prepare for my next step of the adventure!
(M) "Scalfi", Level 26
Stats: 82, 46, 39, 60, 39, 36
Moves: Dig, Razor Shell, Tail Whip, Water Pulse

(F) "Jupiter", Level 26
Stats: 78, 42, 33, 52, 36, 31
Moves: Charge, Electro Ball, Growl, Rest
Number of times fainted: 5

(M) "Heatwaver", Level 28
Stats: 75, 85, 49, 59, 74, 47
Moves: Bite, Dig, Fire Fang, Quick Attack

(M) "Mambo", Level 27
Ability: Chlorophyll
Stats: 83, 52, 43, 63, 43, 44
Moves: Cotton Spore, Giga Drain, Needle Arm, Synthesis

(M) "Philly", Level 25
Ability: Defiant
Stats: 87, 69, 47, 41, 50, 48
Moves: Aerial Ace, Fly, Return, Scary Face

(M) "Resonation", Level 26
Stats: 91, 37, 52, 40, 57, 37
Moves: Growl, Dig, Refresh, Return

Other Pokemon used:
:tranquill: (M) "Birdman", Level 23 (Number of times fainted: 2)
:azumarill: (F) "Pogo", Level 20 (Number of times fainted: 2)
:growlithe: (F) "Felicia", Level 20 (Number of times fainted: 1)
:emolga: (F) "Neuronetta", Level 25 (Number of times fainted: 0)
Time: 10:09
Money: 151377P
Pokédex: 75

Basic Badge - Obtained in Week 1 / Pokémon used: :azurill::pidove::oshawott::mareep:

Toxic Badge - Obtained in Week 2 / Pokémon used: :flaaffy::dewott::audino::marill::pidove::growlithe:

Insect Badge - Obtained in Week 3 / Pokémon used: :dewott::tranquill::audino:

Bolt Badge - Obtained in Week 3 / Pokémon used: :flaaffy::maractus::flareon:
I was surprised by how easy Elesa turned out to be. But I guess I just had the right things for her, despite how under-leveled I was and didn't have any Ground-types. I'm also happy with my new recruits, but now I have the juggle between my two Electric-types. On a side note, Elesa’s Gym in B2W2 is so cool with the catwalk and the lights, the singing and all… I remember Marriland being completely awestruck when he first saw it in 2012. :’D
I know one of the Pokémon I plan to add to my team after I beat Clay, though, so there's plenty to look forward to. Right now there are many that I could potentially have on my final team. It is surprising how much the opposing trainers on Challenge Mode kinda creep up on you at this stage. But that's how it goes, I am enjoying the Pokémon that I have now. That Braviary is gonna be fun with Defiant, haha. We'll see what I settle with up ahead!

Last edited:

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Week 4 — Chippin' Away!
We're nearly halfway through everyone! The goal for this week will be to progress to Driftveil City and defeat Clay, the Gym Leader. Do you have what it takes to beat the "Underground Boss"?

Question of the week:
Who's your favorite Gym Leader from the Unova region, and why?

This week's nicknaming theme:
Bands/musical artists

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Arrived in Drifveil! Beat all the trainers on Route 6! Boris evolved into Sealeo! Beat all the trainers in Clay's gym! Team are still 1-3 levels under Clay's Excadrill but that's fine!
Honestly the battle was really hard my team's not very balanced, or strong really lol but I managed to do most of the gym just using Flump so its all good. Afterwards instead of stopping immediately I went to the PWT and did all of that, then remembered I wanted to pick up my new team member so I exited the game. I hadn't saved since after Clay so I have to do the PWT again but I guess it doesn't matter for now anyway, I can just spend a bit of time level grinding so that my new team member, Larry Butz the Stunky, can get on par with the team. Actually he's just called Larry but I'm gonna go back to the name rater and fix that. Threw a couple of TMs at him so he isn't so far behind and its time to level grind!

"Flump" - :jumpluff: - Level 32 - Chlorophyll - Lax Nature
-Leech Seed
-Return
-Mega Drain
-Bullet Seed

"Boris" - :sealeo: - Level 32 - Thick Fat - Gentle Nature
-Body Slam
-Aurora Beam
-Ice Ball
-Water Gun

"Steel Spud" - :aron: - Level 29 - Rock Head - Gentle Nature
-Iron Head
-Rock Tomb
-Dig
-Take Down

"Narky" - :heatmor: - Level 29 - Gluttony - Naive Nature
-Incinerate
-Lick
-Fire Spin
-Dig

"Larry Butz" - :stunky: - Level 20 - Aftermath - Gentle Nature
-Venoshock
-Thief
-Smokescreen
-Feint
Half of my team are Gentle nature. Huh.

QOTW: I always found Elesa to be really cool, especially after that scene with Bianca in B/W, only thing I don't like about her is her team. Marlon is also a total UNIT though so its a tough decision.

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
Update Three
Taking down Drayden's gym wasn't overly difficult seeing as I have had Ice Punch on Natasha and Steve had access to Blizzard. Once this was done and Team Plasma froze the city looking for the DNA Splicers so they were not very difficult to take down before they headed off and I made my way to Humula City. I went through Route 22 first in order to do a little bit of extra training before the gym. The gym was really easy and Loki swept the whole thing. With my eighth badge in hand, I headed back to Route 22 getting the Colress Machine from Colress himself before heading to the Seaside Cave and onto the Plasma Frigate again. The various Grunts were easy enough to take down and even Colress wasn't too bad to fight seeing as I could use Steve against his steel types and Banner was able to help against Metagross and Beheyem with the use of Shadow Ball and Earth Power. After clearing the Frigate I headed to the Giant Chasm chasing after Ghetsis himself after defeating the Shadow Triad. The battle against Kyruem Black was actually easy enough with Drain Punch from Steve. Then the following battle with Ghetisis was probably the easiest one I have ever had against him because my team was just that good against his team of six. Now that this is done my next update will be me going through Victory Road and preparing for the Elite Four.

Team

Steve
Level: 52
Held Item: Expert Belt
Moveset:
  • Aura Sphere
  • Rock Slide
  • Shadow Ball
  • Drain Punch

Tony
Level: 50
Held Item: Mystic Water
Moveset:
  • Megahorn
  • Ice Beam
  • Surf
  • Aqua Tail

Banner
Held Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
  • Earth Power
  • Shadow Ball
  • Ice Beam
  • Psychic

Loki
Held Item: Miracle Seed
Moveset:
  • Giga Drain
  • Shadow Ball
  • Energy Ball
  • Venoshock

Natasha
Held Item: Silk Scarf
Moveset:
  • Jump Kick
  • Ice Punch
  • Quick Attack
  • Return

Thor
Held Item: Draco Plate
Moveset:
  • Aerial Ace
  • Fly
  • Dragon Dance
  • Dragon Pulse

QOTW: I do tend to use Join Avenue but I often don't upgrade it a lot cause I get so caught up with the story stuff

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
  • I went to the Pokemon Gym to meet up with Iris, so I can would go to the Castlelia Sewers.
  • I met up Team Plasma and Hugh again.
  • I and Hugh battled against Team Plasma.
  • After defeating Team Plasma, I battled some trainers in the Castelia Sewers.
  • After battling some trainers, I went to the Castelia Park and catched an Eevee there. I nicknamed him Ocean Man.
  • I leveled my Pokemon a bit there as well.
  • After leveling up, I went straight to Burgh's gym, which was as easy as pie. I got the Insect Badge.
  • I went to Route 4 and met up Colress. I battled him too.
  • I battled trainers on Route 4 and went to Desert Resort as well, to level up my Pokemon.
  • I did some stuff in Join Avenue, but I shortly I leaved it and went to the Nimbasa City.
  • I arrived in Nimbasa City, but before battling Elesa, I had to do some stuff before that.
  • I went to Route 16 to battle trainer, also my Sandile evolved.
  • I went to Lostlorn Forest as well.
  • I returned to Desert Resort to catch a Trapinch. I nicknamed him Kyzylkum.
  • I went back to Nimbasa City.
  • I went to Elesa's old gym, though I did battle trainers there.
  • I did find her new gym. I battled her. It was as easy as pie as well.
  • I got the Bolt Badge.
  • I healed my Pokemon at the Pokemon Center and saved my game.

Amaranth @Miracle Seed
Level: 29
Quirky nature
Highly curious

Moves
Cut
Return
Leaf Tornado
Leech Seed

:flaaffy:
Pumpkin
Level:
Ability: Static
Sassy nature
Quick tempered

Moves
Strength
Rock Smash
Thunder Wave
Electro Ball

:sandile:
Karakum @Soft Sand
Timid nature
Often dozes off

Moves
Swagger
Rock Tomb
Dig
Crunch

:eevee:
Ocean Man
Ability: Adaptability
Naive nature
Somewhat of a clown

Moves
Covet
Take Down
Quick Attack
Bite

:trapinch:
Kyzylkum @Leftovers
Level: 27
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Lax nature
Thoroughly cunning

Moves
Dig
Rock Slide
Bide
Bulldoze

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
A bit overdue, but here's my update for week 3!

• We teamed up with Hugh to beat Team Plasma in the sewers.
  • I beat the Gym trainers and trained up the team to about level 23/24 versus Audino in the Castelia Park.
  • We challenged Burgh for the Insect Badge:
Pyxis the Onix :onix: took care of Dwebble relatively easily. Bless Smack Down's perfect accuracy. Napoleon the Magby :magby: OHKOed both Swadloon and Leavanny with Flame Burst. He even outsped Leavanny, which kinda surprised me. Insect Badge get!
  • After the Gym battle, I went back to the Virbank Complex. It took a while, but we managed to steal a Metal Coat of a wild Magnemite, which I used to evolve Pyxis into a Steelix :steelix:.
  • After doing a few more movies, I headed back to Castelia City and on to Route 4, where we were challenged by Colress. This battle actually didn't go as smoothly as I'd expected, since Magnemite's Sturdy allowed it to paralyze Magby, which made the battle drag on quite a bit. He managed to take out both of Colress' Pokemon though.
  • I caught a female Darumaka :darumaka: on Route 4 and named her London.
  • I trained London up to level 18 and used the good ol' Repel trick to find an Eevee.
  • I caught a female Eevee :eevee: and named her Sevilla.
  • We went down Route 4 and on to the Desert Resort. Sidenote, I forgot how boring Route 4 is in Black 2. I really prefer the excavated look of White 2.
  • I found a Fire Stone in the Desert Resort, which I used to evolve Sevilla into a Flareon :flareon:.
  • We went into Nimbasa City and beat the Subway Bosses.
  • I trained up the team to level 29 in the stadiums, Gym and versus Audino. The only exception was Napoleon, who reached level 30 and evolved into Magmar :magmar:.
  • We challenged Elesa.
I used Pyxis the Steelix against Elesa. I first set up Stealth Rock and then easily took out all of her Pokemon with Smack Down and Dig, with Pyxis taking only about 10% damage herself, earning us the Bolt Badge!
I just wanted to note that I really enjoy using Flareon so far. I really underestimated how solid her Attack stat is and Fire Fang is actually pretty decent at this stage in the game. I had actually planned on switching her in against Elesa's Zebstrika to use her Flash Fire boost in order to OHKO Zebstrika, but Elesa decided it was better to use Pursuit against my Steelix, so her Zebstrika died in one turn to Dig without dealing any meaningful damage. Which brings me to my second point: Steelix has also been really solid up until this point! I love how most Pokemon can't even scratch it due to her outrageous Defense stat. It should also work really well in conjunction with the Rocky Helmet, so I'm definitely looking forward to that.
Finally, I wanted to give a shoutout to @Rockie for the great nickname on Stunky. That reference made me chuckle. ^^

Asparagus the Servine ()
Nature: Gentle
Item: Miracle Seed
Moveset:
  • Return
  • Growth
  • Leech Seed
  • Leaf Tornado
:dunsparce:
Caelum the Dunsparce ()
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Serene Grace
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
  • Roost
  • Glare
  • Return
  • Rollout
:magmar:
Napoleon the Magmar ()
Nature: Calm
Ability: Flame Body
Moveset:
  • Clear Smog
  • Flame Burst
  • Confuse Ray
  • Fire Punch
:steelix:
Pyxis the Steelix ()
Level: 31
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Rock Head
Item: Hard Stone
Moveset:
  • Smack Down
  • Screech
  • Dig
  • Stealth Rock
:flareon:
Sevilla the Flareon ()
Nature: Serious
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Charcoal
Moveset:
  • Dig
  • Fire Fang
  • Quick Attack
  • Bite
:lillipup:
Rocket the Lillipup ()
Level: 21
Ability: Pickup
:darumaka: London the Darumaka, level 18 ()

QOTW: I never really had easy access to WiFi services, since for some reason, our internet wasn't compatible with the DS systems. So no, never have I ever used Join Avenue.

Last edited:

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST

Update 3:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

IT so big. And tall. And BIG. And buildings everywhere! And people and shops and houses and roads and cityness!!! Why didn’t anyone say this is where we were going?! :D

Ilyana.exe has stopped working.

Okay, calm down Ilyana. Deep breaths. Keep it together.

So just after arriving Yune was greeted by a weird clown. But then he gave her a Bicycle, which was like, what? Those things are expeeensive. And fast! We went to sooo many places. And found a lot more clowns. Didn’t think there’d be this many clowns, but its a big city so. Have I mention how BIG this city is? <3

Those Ginger haired kidnappers were here. Yune’s frenemy had been chasing them, apparently to the sewers. Yuck, no way was I going down there.
Or so I wished I could say. Alas, the hyperactive Mareep Flaaffy and overly heroic Tepig forced me down with them. Plus, the black suited wannabe ninjas deserve punishing, so much as it pains me I followed into the sewers.

So the Tepig and Mareep Flaaffy lead the way, alongside the guy’s pokemon. I picked up his name from Yune’s conversations to be Ashera. Well anyway, he had a Dewott, who helped lead the way. I think that might have been the one that Mareep Flaaffy toasted before. They seem to get along pretty well now at least. The Tepig kept glaring at Ashera and standing between him and Yune.

And since it was low tide, obviously the best path to take was along the sewer bed.
I don’t think my fur will ever feel clean again.

A blade of water slashed through the air. My partner fell in a single blow. I readied myself to fight, though I knew I could not defeat such a foe.

However, as I steeled myself for defeat, the world was snatched away. I found myself trapped inside this strange two-coloured sphere.

Eventually, the walls fell away, and I was back in the world I knew. There were several unfamiliar pokemon, including one that had fought alongside the Dewott from before.
I readied myself for combat, but the woolen creature didn’t seem to be aggressive. After questioning them, I found that the Dewott from before was a rival to these people. They all worked for a human girl, who was currently occupied talking to a another taller human, with outlandish green colouring.

The woolen creature has even claimed to have defeated the Dewott in single combat. I am dubious of this claim, but have decided to go along with these strange pokemon, at least until I am strong enough to exact revenge for my friends defeat at the hands of their nemesis.

I still don’t trust Yune’s friend. Him and his pokemon kept picking fights with the inhabitants of this place, but when humans attacked us, he stood back and left it for Yune to handle alone.

So we found the black suit bad guys. They had stolen pokemon and forced them to fight us. I felt really bad fighting them, they didn’t want to fight us, but neither of us had a choice.
Then the guys ran away before we could free their pokemon. I tried to go after them, and Scary guy ran off after them too, but in all the confusion we lost track of where they went.

After that some strangers approached Yune, one of them looked kinda metal with super strange hair. He seemed pretty nice. And there was a tall stringy guy who either is or knows another Jim. Not clear on which exactly just yet.

While Yune talked, we met with our newest teammate, who was a Rattata who seemed worried at first, but is actually very chill. (I think Yune named her Marcia)
She wasn’t sure about joining us at first, but a friend of hers came up and talked to her for a bit, and Marcia seemed fired up. Saying she wanted to avenge her friends defeat. She was so cool, like a Samurai in an action cartoon!

And we got lost. Great. Not only do we have to walk along the dried up banks of the sewers, but no-one thought to remember the way out! Typical.

When we eventually found a way out, it wasn’t even the right one! We found ourselves in a small park completely cut off from everything else. Obviously there were no humans here, as the place was overgrown, and the only way in or out was via the sewer entrance, which no-one in their right mind would go along just for gardening. But there were some pokemon here at least. Maybe one of those could be of help?

I hid straight away. I wasn’t sure what pokemon these were, but they looked scary.
But then the tallest one started rummaging through the foliage. I couldn’t get away fast enough, and they exposed my hiding place.
I felt the leaves on my head quaking as I tried to get away, but a blue light surrounded me. I felt it tugging at me, and briefly experienced an extreme feeling of claustrophobia, before returning to the familiar leaves and plants I knew.

The tall pokemon spoke, she said she was Yune, and ask me to come along with her, even giving me the name Elincia. But she didn’t seem to be able to understand me. At first I though it was just my quiet stammer, but it turns out that Yune can’t actually understand what other pokemon are saying.

I was introduced to the other pokemon traveling with Yune. The pink thing was scary. They moved around a lot and was very loud. The red/black one was friendly,but a bit too forceful. The slender purple one seemed to understand though, subtly trying to calm down the others and get them to stay away and take it slower.

They said there was a world outside my garden. I wasn’t sure I believed them, but if it was true then I wanted to see it. And traveling with these pokemon would be safer than going alone…

And then while we were meeting the new pokemon, the sewers flooded and filled with water again. So now we’re even more lost than before.
And then it turns out the Rattata knew where we were going the whole time, and never thought to help us until now. Just perfect. At least we’re out of the sewer once and for all now.

My new trainer Yune lead us through the upper city. I had rarely been there before, preferring to stay out of the bright lights, but thankfully we didn’t stay long. The Flaaffy, Ilyana, had to be physically dragged away from some of the glass walls along the way. And the Tepig, Edward, was disappointed that they weren’t going to fight the Gym straight away. But we made a beeline straight for the northern exit.

This was so strange. There were so many more metal boxes, like the one I used to live inside. The world really was unimaginably big. And more than a bit scary…
But Marcia and Lethe made me feel better about it. This was as new to Marcia as it was to me, and Lethe seemed very understanding. Edward and Ilyana were friendly too, but Edward radiated heat and I felt like I might burn up if I got too close to him, and Ilyana was just too energetic! I was alway on edge near them, in case I need to jump out of the way at any moment…

Yune took us out of the metal boxes, and along a dirt path. I couldn’t see very far, though come to think of it, that was as far as my world went a few hours ago. The air was covered by swirling dry-soil, making it hard to photosynthesize. The others had trouble breathing too, frequently coughing.

While we were there Lethe helped teach me how to protect myself. The plants I helped grow are apparently very useful if I am ever attacked.

It was finally finished! My masterpiece, a three story full-size sandcastle with windows and turrets. It was beautiful. And then the sandstorm came and blew down the east wing, causing a chain reaction that ended with my palace left as just a pile of sand.

Welp, project 27 was a failure. Time to start on project 28; a sand sculpture of a pine tree. I’d seen the trees in the leaflets and magazines that the builders sometimes left behind. They looked spikey and grew strange coloured spherical fruits that sometimes glowed. And the needed brightly coloured boxes as nutrients for their roots.

I had just started on the base of the trunk, when a small green thing crashed through and flattened it.
It got up and looked nervous, apologising profusely for the destruction. I tried to explain that it was all right, and this happened frequently anyway, but as I opened my mouth, I spotted an object moving out of the corner of my eye.

It was perfectly spherical, exactly half red and half white. I had never seen such smooth flawlessness as this, with a perfectly centrical ridge being the only mark on the object. However, as I was admiring it’s beauty, it hit me on the snout, after which I seemed to be sucked inside it.

Once I figure out how to get out of this predicament, I know exactly what my next sculpture will be.

First sewers, now a freaking sandstorm?! What next, a swamp? Or maybe a jam factory, just for that extra level of never-getting-it-out-of-my-fur?

So, I was helping the Petilil get stronger. She’s lived her whole life in a tiny garden with no idea there was anything more, and now she’s in the real world, she needs to know how to survive.

It turns out, she didn’t need much help. She can literally drain the energy of her opponents and heal any injury. I though I was a good thief, but this is a whole other level. I’m just glad she’s on our side.

Then came an attack from a Darumaka. The Petilil was preparing to fight it, but I shoved her out of the way. Good as she was, she’d never stand a chance against a fire type yet.
Turns out, neither could I. I got hit square with a blast of flame that floored me, and burned a large swathe of fur off my back. Then the sandstorm got into the wound.
Two words: Not. Pleasant. And right as my paws had recovered from the last burn…
The Mareep Flaaffy leaped in to help again, quickly scaring off the rouge daruma doll. However she took a lot of damage too, which was alarming, as she was meant to be the strongest. Yune seemed to agree, as after that we found a new spot to train, back in the city.
It was called the Battle Company? Fitting name. There were lots of workers that challenged Yune to battles, and gave actual prizes for it, which was a nice change. The Petilil tore through them like they were paper. Pretty soon she’ll be giving the Flaaffy and Tepig a run for their money. All that’s left now is to challenge the head of the building.

I, they… I can’t. I’m sorry. I can’t do this.

The others are all too upset right now, so it falls to me to explain what has transpired.

We made our way to the top of the building, and was challenged by a child, who was in charge of the company. He had an Eevee, and the battle was going well. He was caught in Elincia’s vines, and had only a few drops of energy left. Yune didn’t even take any chances, using a spay of some kind that healed her pokemon to ensure they would survive.
But the Eevee, with its last ounce of strength, dealt a blow more deadly than anyone could have foreseen.
Elincia is no longer in this world.

Everyone is distraught by this. I am the only one able to stay calm. I have lost many friends down in the sewers, and am accustomed to death. But to the rest of the group, it is new and taxing for them, losing a comrade like this.

Yune is preparing to return to the garden to lay Elincia’s body to rest. After that, well, we shall see what happens and take things as they come. That is all anyone can do.

I was finally out of the circular prison, but found myself in a different place to where I entered. It was dark and constricting. Not much room to move without hitting a metal railing. And was that the sound of water?

But worst of all, there was no sand here! How was I supposed to make my sculptures without the basic building blocks?

Meanwhile these bats kept swooping down and trying to suck my blood. A few quick bites help scare them off, but another one would always take its place.

There was a cat out here too, fighting the rodents, of both the winged and un-winged variety. They looked familiar… Ah yes, they had been with the Petilil from before!

I approached them, trying to strike up conversation. I discovered that I was in the Castelia sewers, and that much to my dismay, the Petilil from before had perished. I had so wanted her to see the finished pine tree too…

It seems I had been recruited into a quest to travel across the land in collection of some badges. A strange silent Sunkern was holding two already. They were nice, but hardly as impressive as the glowing pine fruit. Still, imagine what other amazing inspiration I could get traveling with them? I might even see one of these trees with my own eyes!

After Elincia’s funeral, we all decided that we should keep going, at least for now.

We left the Sewers and explored the rest of the city. Ilyana was really down, hardly noticing anything around us anymore. I need to find a way to cheer everyone up, but how can I do that when I’m just as sad?

Anyway, We met a scientist who gave us a weird rock, which Yune gave to me. It made me feel as if I was made of steel! And then all that was left was to fight the green Jim from before.

Because Ilyana was still so down, I offered to take the lead this time. We fought a few clowns in the Jim building, which was kinda weird. Why was everyone a clown? They couldn’t cheer up the rest of the group though. And I don’t blame them. Clowns aren’t funny at the best of times.

Anyway, we made to through the strange silk and to the leader. He was an artist, like Stefan. Only he used paint and not sand for his art. And it kinda didn’t look like what he said it was supposed to be.

So I fought him. He said he had a Dwebble, which was worrying, since I can’t fight them well, but Yune had a good plan for me.
I curled up and strengthened my defence before the Dwebble showed up, and with the strange rock to help, I could barely feel a thing from their attacks. Then my Firey-tackle-attack took out all of Jim’s pokemon with ease.

This should have felt better. We won, so why hasn’t it eased the sadness?​

Team:
Party:

Tepig♂ - Edward
LV.26 Naughty Nature.
Item: Eviolite
Return
Rollout
Flame Charge
Defense Curl

Flaaffy♀ - Ilyana
LV.22 Quirky Nature.
Item: Leftovers
Charge
Growl
Thunder Wave
Thunder Shock

Purrloin♀ - Lethe
LV.19 Careful Nature.
Item: None
Thief
Growl
Fury Swipes
Sand-Attack

Sunkern♀ - Micaiah
LV.4 Hasty Nature.
Absorb
Growth
Ingrain

Rattata♀ - Marcia
LV.16 Calm Nature.
Focus Energy
Bite
Pursuit
Hyper Fang

Sandile♂ - Stefan
LV.18 Bashful Nature.
Bite
Sand-Attack
Torment
Sand Tomb

Boxed:

Elekid♀ - Fiona
LV.10 Mild Nature.
Quick Attack
Leer
Thunder Shock
Low Kick

Dead:

Petilil♀ - Elincia
LV.17 Timid Nature.
Item: Miracle Seed
Growth
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Mega Drain

Applechrisp

Beginner Trainer
Time Zone
MST
3DS FC
2165-6205-7475
Switch FC
SW-2234-5580-4045
I Know I havent posted anything since week 1, but I have been crazy busy the past couple weeks with work are school. But now that I had a few days off, I've finally caught up.
Chilling with my buddy Garlic :tepig: in Virbank City I decided before taking on the Poison gym leader Roxie I should catch a :magnemite:. I finally caught one at level 11 and named it Orion after a constellation and went straight to the gym leader to battle. After beating her I traveled to Castelia City.

QOTW: I honestly didn't know this was a thing, I guess I completely blocked Pokestar Studios from my memory of this game, and I still don't think I would go a do all the movies, maybe in postgame though.

When traveling to Castelia City the first time, I was very confusing to navigate around. I took me so long to figure out where the Gym leader was. Anyway, as I was remembering where everything was in the city I went to route 4 and caught myself a male :minccino: at level 15. I named it Anthem. We went down into the sewers and found Burgh with my rival After that I trained my pokemon friends :tepig::magnemite::minccino: for a while and found leftovers and put it on Anthem. some more training happened and my friend Garlic:tepig: evolved into:pignite:! after that I knew it was time to challenge the Gym Leader

With Garlic I beat Burgh really easy. Then went to Nibasa City!

QOTW:This is my second playthrough every on this game so still not really sure what Join Avenue is but I'm going to explore it more in postgame.

After going on the ferris wheel with the lass I battled Gym Leader Elesa. It took me two tries but i finally beat her. Traveling through to Driftveil City, on the Driftveiw Drawbridge I found a :ducklett: at level 25 and named it Pelican. Before taking on Clay I needed to train a lot. So, I trained my 4 pokemon to level 33, challenged Clay and he beat me up a bunch of times. So many times I lost count!! well over 20 times.

I decided i needed to go up to Chargestone Cave to evlove Orion, at level 35 it evloved into :magnezone:. and on my journy up their a kid gave me a shiny stone. and evolved Anthem into :cinccino:.
After evloving those two I took on Clay one more time and finally beat him!

QOTW: My favorite Gym Leader from Unova is Marlon because I'm a really big fan of :jellicent:

Pelican :ducklett: 33
Orion :magnezone: 35
Garlic :pignite: 33
Anthem :cinccino: 38

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Week 4
Got a few noteworthy events this week. First off, after arriving in Driftveil, I wandered west a bit and met the fifth member of my team, a Spring-form Deerling who I named DearHunter. He was tough stuff from the minute he joined the team, and I'm looking forward to using a big ol' Sawsbuck.

After catching DearHunter up to the others and training everyone up some, it was time to tackle the Gym. I was a little disappointed that this week wouldn't have as much content to go through, but I hadn't realized how tough of a fight I was in for. The normal trainers weren't an issue, but Clay... I always forget how much trouble I have with Clay. Of course, it didn't exactly help that the only evolved Pokemon on my team had a serious type disadvantage.

I actually ended up trading over a Water Stone from my copy of White 2 just so I evolve Seattle and stand half a chance. I think it helped a lot, having someone who didn't need to worry about Krokorok and Intimidate was a big help (even if I did have to use all my Red Shards to teach him Signal Beam). From there, Gemini was able to beat down Sandslash and Cairo took out Excadrill with a crit Bulldoze. 5 down, 3 to go!

For this week's question, maybe Skyla. She's just doing her best to help people and have fun with her birds, and I really respect and appreciate that.
:pignite: Pepper
Female
Level 31
Blaze
Gentle Nature
Heat Crash|Arm Thrust|Strength|Rock Tomb

:koffing: Gemini
Male
Level 31
Levitate
Impish Nature
Sludge|Payback|Gyro Ball|Venoshock