MarriPlays: Pokémon Black 2 and White 2

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
ok it took me aaaAAALLL day of playing but i am finally caught up with this!!!

WEEK 6!!!!!

honestly the reason this took me so long was because i kept swapping out team members...... in addition to my current team i have so many babeys in the PC who i was using before. shoutout to umbreon, swoobat, lucario, wailmer, flaaffy............

ANYWAY i've been having fun hahahahhj

here is my current team after defeating Drayden!! braviary has just been HM buddy...

and here are QOTW answers!!!!!

Who's your favorite Gym Leader from the Unova region, and why?
CHEREN!!<3 what a cutie and i love how you see his progress from the previous game..also shoutout to marlon he's cool

In Black 2 and White 2, there are a bunch of changes from their prequels. What's your favorite new mechanic, element, or feature? What things do you miss?
I miss bianca and cheren as your rivals, not a big fan of hugh. i guess my favorite new thing is the bigger variety of stuff you can have on your team,, and more content especially after you beat the game.

In Unova, parts of the region change depending on which version you're playing. Which areas do you prefer?
not sure if i'm understanding the question, but i generally prefer white's aesthetic, like opelucid city and white forest.

well i think that's it! feels good to be caught up eee

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Alright, I beat Drayden, so here's my update for week 6!

• After beating Skyla, she gives us a ride to Lentimas Town on her plane.
  • We traverse Reversal Mountain with Bianca accompanying us.
  • Darude :vibrava: got ahead in levels a little bit once more and tried to learn a certain move upon reaching level 44. Of course, I did the right thing:

• After obtaining the associated Memelord points, I replace it with Dig.
  • We wipe out the trainers on the route below Undella Town, at which point Darude :vibrava: evolves into Flygon :flygon:.
  • We defeat Hugh fairly easily in Undella Town.
  • We move on north towards Lacunosa Town, where an old lady tells us a myth and we encounter Team Plasma's Zinzolin, which Hugh and I take out.
  • We head across Village Bridge and reach Opelucid City.
  • I backtrack a little bit and teach Iron Head and Ice Fang to Pyxis :steelix: at the move tutors in Driftveil City. I also teach Superpower to Sevilla :flareon: at the move tutor in Lentimas Town and increase its PP to 8 with some PP Ups.
  • I challenge Drayden with my Pokemon at level 46/47.
I lead with Sevilla :flareon: against Drayden's Druddigon :druddigon:. I go for Return first, which takes Druddigon down about 30%. Druddigon retaliates with Revenge, which takes Sevilla down to 50/120 HP. I go for Superpower next, which takes out Druddigon thanks to the Fighting Gem Sevilla is holding. Drayden sends out Flygon :flygon: next, so I send out Asparagus :serperior:. I set up Coil once, after which Flygon is taken out by two Leaf Blades, while only dealing about 40% damage with two Crunches. Finally, Drayden's ace Haxorus :haxorus: comes out and I send out Pyxis :steelix:. I go for Ice Fang, which takes Haxorus down to 50%, but its Sitrus Berry heals it. While Haxorus sets up Dragon Dance infinitely, I go for a Bulldoze first to dodge Drayden's healing items and then take it out with Ice Fang. Legend Badge get!

:serperior:
Asparagus the Serperior (♂)
Level: 47
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Overgrow
Item: Silk Scarf
Moveset:
  • Leaf Blade
  • Coil
  • Leech Seed
  • Return
:dunsparce:
Caelum the Dunsparce (♂)
Level: 46
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Serene Grace
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
  • Roost
  • Glare
  • Double Edge
  • Drill Run
:magmar:
Napoleon the Magmar (♂)
Level: 46
Nature: Calm
Ability: Twistedspoon
Moveset:
  • Psychic
  • Lava Plume
  • Confuse Ray
  • Fire Punch
:steelix:
Pyxis the Steelix (♀)
Level: 48
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Rock Head
Item: Expert Belt
Moveset:
  • Rock Slide
  • Ice Fang
  • Iron Head
  • Bulldoze
:flareon:
Sevilla the Flareon (♀)
Nature: Serious
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Expert Belt
Moveset:
  • Superpower
  • Fire Fang
  • Quick Attack
  • Return
:flygon:
Darude the Flygon (♂)
Nature: Brave
Ability: Arena Trap
Item: Soft Sand
Moveset:
  • Dig
  • Crunch
  • Rock Slide
  • Earth Power
:darumaka: London the Darumaka, level 18 (♀)
:herdier: Rocket the Herdier, level 22 (♂)
:drilbur: Toph the Drilbur, level 27 (♀)
:tranquill: Cockatoo the Tranquill, level 30 (♂)

QOTW: I tend to prefer the aesthetics of White 2, especially on Route 4 and in Opelucid City. While Reversal Mountain looks awesome in White 2 as well, it's very cool in Black 2 as well, so I don't mind the latter as much.

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Week 6
And that's this week finally done! Despite how long this stretch of game always feels/is, I've only got two major events to update on this week.

Firstly, I caught my sixth and final teammate in the Strange House shortly after arriving in Lentimas Town. I opted not to use this week's naming theme because it's depressing, so instead I'm not the owner of a Banette named Voodoo. Despite being a big fan of both Ghost-types and Gen 3, I've never actually played with a Banette before, so I've got high hopes for her. She's pretty strong so far, too.

Secondly, of course, was Drayden and his Gym. I consistently forget how much I dislike going up against this Gym, what with all the Rough Skin and Dragon Dancing and what-not. I think I actually had the least trouble with Drayden himself. That was mostly Pepper and Seattle pulling through, and I'm proud of them.

For this week's question, I'm honestly not sure which I prefer. Off the top of my head I'd go with Black, but after thinking about it more, probably White.
:emboar: Pepper
Female
Level 44
Blaze
Gentle Nature
Hammer Arm|Flamethrower|Strength|Rock Slide

:weezing: Gemini
Male
Level 44
Levitate
Impish Nature
Sludge Bomb|Dark Pulse|Gyro Ball|Venoshock

:vaporeon: Seattle
Male
Level 45
Water Absorb
Serious Nature
Surf|Signal Beam|Aurora Beam|Bite

:vibrava: Cairo
Male
Level 44
Levitate
Serious Nature
Earth Power|Dragonbreath|Crunch|Rock Slide

:sawsbuck: DearHunter
Male
Level 43
Sap Sipper
Gentle Nature
Horn Leech|Take Down|Jump Kick|Faint Attack

:banette: Voodoo
Female
Level 43
Frisk
Hardy Nature
Shadow Claw|Psychic|Will-O-Wisp|Sucker Punch

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
Seems like I broke too many violins here :cryingazurill:
  • Stepped to Reversal Mountain where he got Garuda (a.k.a. Javan Eagle) the cellist :skarmory: girl outside and Babirusa the cellist :grumpig: girl inside
  • Sidetracked to the Strange House where he got Anoa the cellist :banette: boy
  • Tagged along with Bianca for going through the mountain
  • Manado :gothorita: evolved into :gothitelle: in the mountain
  • Met Ryuji at Undella Town and battled right there
Ryuji | Chitose
:unfezant: | Merauke :cinccino:
  • - (broke the viola) | Rock Blast
:serperior: | Cepheus :magmar:
  • Coil | Lava Plume
  • Slam (broke the violin) | Fire Punch
:simisear: | Dewa 19 :swanna:
  • - (broke the violin) | Surf
  • Got these on his way to Lacunosa Town:
    • Manta Ray the violinist :mantyke: girl at Undella Bay
    • Atsabites the violinist :staryu: at Undella Town
    • Maleo the cellist :drifblim: boy at Route 14
    • Rhinoceros the cellist :absol: boy and Markhor the cellist virtuoso :cobalion: at Route 13 (two catches here since one of them is a virtuoso)
  • Cepheus :magmar: broke his violin while battling a trainer at Route 14
  • Len :litwick: evolved into :lampent: while grinding
  • Used a Water Stone to evolve Atsabites :staryu: into :starmie:
  • Met Professor Juniper and Bianca as soon as he arrived at Lacunosa Town
  • Heard the old tale of Lacunosa Town from an old lady there
  • Explored Lacunosa Town a little bit before fighting Zinzolin and a black Plasma grunt (not without Ryuji's help, though)
  • Got these on his way to Opelucid City:
    • Muntjac (we Indonesians call it kijang) the violinist :roselia: boy at Route 12
    • Shark the violinist :basculinblue: girl at Village Bridge
    • Gannet the violinist :golduck: boy at Route 11 (I tried to catch the :virizion: here as my violinist virtuoso but failed)
  • Met a not-so-random girl named Iris who directed him to Route 9 as well as Opelucid Gym and its leader, Drayden (I forgot that Chitose once met Iris back at Castelia)
  • Got Komodo the violist :garbodor: boy at Route 9
  • Did some shopping at Shopping Mall Nine
  • Also did some training and shard-hunting in Relic Passage to:
    • Evolve Sasuke :frillish: into :jellicent:
    • Teach Icy Wind to Dewa 19 :swanna:
  • Caught a :remoraid: at Undella Bay just to help Manta Ray :mantyke: to evolve into :mantine: (he released the :remoraid: right away, though)
  • Climbed the two dragons in the gym to reach Drayden on the top of the second one (Manta Ray :mantine: broke her violin on the way, unfortunately)
Drayden | Chitose
:druddigon: | Kanade :boldore:
  • Slash | Stealth Rock
  • Slash (missed) | Switch to Sasuke :jellicent:
:druddigon: | Sasuke :jellicent:
  • Crunch | Blizzard
  • Hyper Potion to :druddigon: | Blizzard
  • - (broke the violin) | Blizzard
:flygon: | Atsabites :starmie:
  • Crunch | Blizzard (missed)
  • Crunch (critical hit) | Switch to Gannet :golduck:
:flygon: | Gannet :golduck:
  • Earth Power | Moomoo Milk to Gannet :golduck:
  • Earth Power (broke the violin) | Blizzard (critical hit)
:haxorus: | Dewa 19 :swanna:
  • Dragon Dance (ate the Sitrus Berry) | Icy Wind
  • Dragon Dance | Icy Wind
  • - (broke the violin) | Icy Wind
  • Got the Legend Badge and TM Dragon Tail from Drayden
  • Listened to the story about :zekrom:, :reshiram:, and :kyurem: from Drayden (again)
  • Black Plasma froze Opelucid City
Violin
:golduck: Gannet (Boy)
Level: 49
Ability: Damp
Nature: Naive
Moves: Fury Swipes, Blizzard, Zen Headbutt, Aqua Tail

:starmie: Atsabites (Neither)
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Sassy
Moves: Bubble Beam, Blizzard, Power Gem, Psychic

Viola
:cinccino: Merauke (Boy)
Ability: Skill Link
Nature: Lax
Moves: Tail Slap, Bullet Seed, Wake-Up Slap, Rock Blast

:swanna: Dewa 19 (Boy)
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Surf, Fly, Icy Wind, Air Slash

Cello
:boldore: Kanade (Girl)
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Jolly
Moves: Stealth Rock, Rock Slide, Strength, Power Gem

:jellicent: Sasuke (Boy)
Ability: Cursed Body
Nature: Docile
Moves: Bubble Beam, Ominous Wind, Blizzard, Hex
Violin
:cottonee: Repvblik (Boy)
:ferrothorn: Sora (Girl)
:roselia: Muntjac (Boy)
:basculinblue: Shark (Girl)

Viola
:shelmet: JKT48 (Girl)
:tranquill: Eosinophil (Girl)
:garbodor: Komodo (Boy)

Cello
:zorua: Saykoji (Boy)
:lampent: Len (Boy)
:gothitelle: Manado (Girl)
:cofagrigus: Medan (Boy)
:skarmory: Garuda (Girl)
:grumpig: Babirusa (Girl)
:banette: Anoa (Boy)
:drifblim: Maleo (Boy)
:absol: Rhinoceros (Boy)
:cobalion: Markhor (Neither)
Violin
:oshawott: Taro (Boy)
:sandile: Surabaya (Girl)
:deerling: Emi (Girl)
:sandslash: Pontianak (Girl)
:magmar: Cepheus (Boy)
:mantine: Manta Ray (Girl)

Viola
:patrat: Bok Choy (Boy)
:leavanny: Scallion (Boy)
:golbat: Corvus (Boy)

Cello
:woobat: Virgo (Girl)
QOTW: Hmm, gotta say I love White Forest more than Black City. But when it comes to the BGMs (especially those played in Opelucid City), I love Black's upbeat theme more than White's mellow one. :whistleazurill:

Pendraflare

Guardian
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Alright, with much lateness, let's get out the next part in time for the next week to start! Enjoy.
  • After doing a bit of side stuff, including more Pokestar Studios films, I took the flight from Mistralton to Lentimas Town! We were sent to learn more about the legendary Pokemon. I explored the outer part of Reversal Mountain, and the Strange House. After defeating a strong Backpacker, Scalfi evolved into a Samurott! But inside the house it was weird. REALLY weird.
  • Then we went through Reversal Mountain with Bianca, and faced some strong trainers while we were at it. Some of them were tough. Others weren't. But at least along the way, Ceramic evolved into Claydol! Eventually, we arrived in Undella Town.
  • We dealt with some trainers on Route 14 below. We did have some strong ones abound, including Fighting-type trainers and a Triple Battle. Heatwaver held his own in a Rotation Battle, though.
  • And up north we had Hugh! As he began with Unfezant, I opened with Neuronetta. After his Detect blocked my Thunder Wave, I paralyzed him, then he readied Razor Wind only for him to be slammed by a critical hit Electro Ball. Serperior was next and Leaf Blade did almost half, but I got in the Thunder Wave. Acrobatics did under 2/3 as he used Coil. Another Acrobatics got the KO and got Neuronetta to Level 39. I switched Heatwaver into a Flame Burst from Simisear, which activated Flash Fire. After a Leer, Dig got him into the red, but he used his Hyper Potion before my Quick Attack could finish him. No matter though, as he just used Leer again and was finished.
  • Along the way, I also caught a Wailmer at Undella Bay which I got to Level 41 to learn Dive, and explored the Abyssal Ruins and found some items. Some plates, and some treasures.
  • Route 13 had some strong foes too. But we made way into Lacunosa Town, where Juniper told some long story, and then we had to help Hugh deal with Team Plasma. Oh, and Jupiter 2HKO'd Cobalion.
  • Route 12 had some Fighting-type trainers, including a strong Heracross! Wasn't easy work. But we also had Village Bridge, and the strong opponents were back in detail, including Mr. Stonewall, who picked a big mistake to try to go for his streak. No 1,000th win for you! After making it through Route 12, and dealing with Virizion, we met with Iris as we arrived in Opelucid City, who said some stuff and left. I actually like Iris as Champion (if the theme was no indication), but I'll have those words when that time comes.
  • As far as other stuff goes, well, Opelucid City sadly isn't quite as fun in B2W2 as it was in BW. Music's cool, though. Route 9 had some strong trainers, including two very bad men, one of whom used a Krookodile that was a jerk and scored a critical hit to OHKO Swoop. Who I had found myself using less and less throughout. Oh yeah and some shopping mall too.
  • Soon, it came time for the Gym! These trainers were STRONG. Rocky Helmet + Swagger = unfun. Triple and Rotation battles = scary. But we made our way to Drayden, and after a cool head to head clash of two dragons, it was time for battle!

This took a second try. First try it was down to Haxorus, and I switched Jupiter into a hit that did over half before I could paralyze him, and he finished me from there (he was about to, I had just Scalfi left who was almost dead, so I reset). So I gave it a second go!
As he began with Druddigon, I opened with Heatwaver. I used Will-o-Wisp, which connected for the burn, as he used Rock Slide for narrowly under 2/3. I then switched in Scalfi, who took a Rock Slide for under 1/5 before using Blizzard to dispose of him.
Flygon came after, and I switched Swoop into a failed Earth Power, and avoided a Rock Slide before halving his Speed with Scary Face. Strength did under half while his Rock Slide did over half. Another hit with Strength came short of the KO as his Rock Slide finished me. Scalfi was next up and as he wasted his Hyper Potion, Surf did slightly under half, but Blizzard the next turn hit for the dinger and got Scalfi to Level 46.
For Altaria, I switched Heatwaver into a Cotton Guard, and avoided his Sing to hit with Will-o-Wisp. I used Bite for a light hit and avoided another Sing and then he was near 2/3 as I switched Ceramic in for another Cotton Guard. He missed with Sing AGAIN as I hit with Extrasensory, and after burn damage he was right on the brink of the red. He then used Dragon Pulse for under 1/3 and Extrasensory got him to the point where burn damage finished him. And Heatwaver grew to Level 44.
Haxorus was last and immediately finished Ceramic with Shadow Claw. I brought in Jupiter, and he used Dragon Dance before I got in a Thunder Wave. I then switched Heatwaver in once again as he used another Dragon Dance. Superpower did around 1/3 as he got fully paralyzed. Bite was weak but got the flinch, and a second one propped him to his Sitrus Berry. And I flinched him again. Twice. On the fourth hit though, that was when he finished me with Dragon Tail. I brought in Mambo, and Giga Drain didn't get him into the red, while Shadow Claw OHKO'd but Rocky Helmet got him to 1 HP. I brought in Scalfi, and Surf finished him for the win.

With that, I got the Legend Badge and TM82 for Dragon Tail. I was invited to learn more about the legendary Dragon-type Pokemon of Unova. We'll do that next time!
(M) "Scalfi", Level 46
Stats: 157, 108, 90, 132, 75, 71
Moves: Aqua Tail, Blizzard, Revenge, Surf
Number of times fainted: 4

(F) "Jupiter", Level 43
Stats: 142, 86, 71, 114, 82, 60
Moves: Charge, Discharge, Growl, Thunder Wave
Number of times fainted: 8

(M) "Heatwaver", Level 44
Stats: 112, 135, 74, 92, 115, 75
Moves: Bite, Quick Attack, Superpower, Will-O-Wisp
Number of times fainted: 8

(M) "Mambo", Level 44
Ability: Chlorophyll
Stats: 130, 86, 68, 102, 67, 71
Moves: Cotton Spore, Giga Drain, Petal Dance, Sucker Punch
Number of times fainted: 7

(M) "Swoop", Level 44
Ability: Defiant
Stats: 148, 125, 81, 70, 85, 85
Moves: Aerial Ace, Fly, Scary Face, Strength
Number of times fainted: 11

"Ceramic", Level 43
Stats: 107, 66, 98, 70, 127, 82
Moves: Cosmic Power, Earth Power, Extrasensory, Rest

Other Pokemon used:
:tranquill: (M) "Birdman", Level 23 (Number of times fainted: 2)
:azumarill: (F) "Pogo", Level 20 (Number of times fainted: 2)
:growlithe: (F) "Felicia", Level 20 (Number of times fainted: 1)
:emolga: (F) "Neuronetta", Level 40 (Number of times fainted: 5)
Time: 21:55
Money: 456256P
Pokédex: 178

Basic Badge - Obtained in Week 1 / Pokémon used: :azurill: :pidove: :oshawott: :mareep:

Toxic Badge - Obtained in Week 2 / Pokémon used: :flaaffy: :dewott: :audino: :marill: :pidove: :growlithe:

Insect Badge - Obtained in Week 3 / Pokémon used: :dewott: :tranquill: :audino:

Bolt Badge - Obtained in Week 3 / Pokémon used: :flaaffy: :maractus: :flareon:

Quake Badge - Obtained in Week 4 / Pokémon used: :braviary: :flareon: :maractus: :emolga: :audino: :dewott:

Jet Badge - Obtained in Week 5 / Pokémon used: :ampharos: :emolga: :dewott:

Legend Badge - Obtained in Week 6 / Pokémon used: :flareon: :samurott: :braviary: :claydol: :ampharos: :maractus:

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Aw ye its a last-minute update!
I saved playing Black 2 til the last minute because my addiction grows strong and I hate making myself wait for the next update to happen. I must learn to pace myself! Anyway here's what happened in my week 6:

With all 6 of my team members in tow, I wanted to do a lot of level grinding and a bit of re-nicknaming. Steel Spud wont much resemble a spud after it evolves into Aggron so I changed its name to Pepsi because my friend said Aggron looked like a Can and that made me laugh. I also renamed Loaf the brand-new Shelgon into Bredwinger at the same friends request because I'm easily entertained and want some hearty bread.
I level ground everyone up to level 40, aside from Pepsi who I got to Level 42 so they'd evolve.
Went through reversal mountain and strange house and got a load of stuff that I can't remember but it was okay. Got to Undella Town and did the route south of it which was okay. Fought Hugh which was easy why does he only have 3 Pokemon this far into the game? Doesn't matter though we press onward!
The routes are uneventful really, my team are level 44 on average before Drayden's gym, but I want some heavy hitters for that Haxorus. I decide to level grind Boris the Sealeo into Boris the level 48 Walrein, and use all my Rare Candies getting Bredwinger to level 50. On the bright side, Salamence! I have a fully evolved team now!
Unfortunately Salamence doesn't learn a dragon move upon evolving, it learns fly, which is pretty much useless in the gym. Nonetheless, the Gym is much easier with a Level 50 Salamence and Level 48 Walrein.

"Flump" - :jumpluff: - Level 45 - Chlorophyll - Lax Nature
-Leech Seed
-Return
-Mega Drain
-Acrobatics

"Boris" - :walrein: - Level 49 - Thick Fat - Gentle Nature
-Body Slam
-Aurora Beam
-Ice Fang
-Surf

"Pepsi" - :aggron: - Level 44 - Rock Head - Gentle Nature
-Iron Head
-Rock Tomb
-Dig
-Take Down

"Narky" - :heatmor: - Level 43 - Gluttony - Naive Nature
-Flame Burst
-Shadow Claw
-Bug Bite
-Dig

"Larry Butz" - :skuntank: - Level 43 - Aftermath - Gentle Nature
-Venoshock
-Night Slash
-Toxic
-Flamethrower

"Bredwinger" - :salamence: - Level 50 - Intimidate - Calm Nature
-Crunch
-Zen Headbutt
-Fly
-Dragonbreath

QOTW: I really like reversal mountain! Both versions! Opelucid City as well! The modern one I prefer to the old-style one, Black 2 Superiority hEEEE

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Week 7 — A Big Splash
After a slew of Wi-Fi problems this weekend, I'm back with the next update. After this we'll only have one more! The goal for this week is to beat the Humilau City Gym Leader, Marlon.

Question of the week:
The Unova region introduced a bunch of new legendary Pokemon. Which ones are your favorites?

This week's nicknaming theme:
Beaches

Pendraflare

Guardian
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Already took care of this week. A part of me feels like the goal should be at least to the second visit to the Plasma Frigate because of how little there is before Marlon, but I digress! Enjoy.
  • So after beating Drayden, he spoke the story of the Unova region's legendary Pokemon. But next thing you know, BAM! Opelucid City was blasted with ice! We had to do something about Team Plasma!
  • These grunts were a good chance for Ceramic to gain a bit of ground. But soon we came to Zinzolin, and I didn't want to have Heatwaver weakened for Weavile, so I had to let Swoop in on him. Weavile actually came out second and I lowered his Speed, allowing Heatwaver to get the dunk.
  • Drayden then pulled out the DNA Splicers. "We're really fortunate Team Plasma didn't get our hands on them!" Literally right after that, Team Plasma stole them. Yeah, nice going, genius! We chased the Shadow Triad down to the lower reach of the city, and his Absol proved trouble as it OHKO'd Jupiter with a critical hit Night Slash on a switch-in, and it also got in a Swords Dance and bested Mambo. Scalfi lived his boosted Night Slash in the red and slammed him for the win.
  • Cheren and Hugh showed up, and instructed me off to Humilau City. As I made my way there through the awesome Marine Tube, Hugh wanted me to take care of the Gym Leader first for whatever reason.
  • And then we had Route 22, but I skipped the trainers there so I could proceed to get my final team member. I went to the Giant Chasm, where I couldn't progress far as two Team Plasma grunts were waiting for everyone else to arrive. But I caught a Vanillish that I named Mizuno. I immediately added her to the team and bid farewell to Swoop for good (at least as a team member, but not as a Fly servant).
  • Afterwards I took on the trainers there. Some of them were simple enough, but there was an aggravating Arcanine that beat Ceramic to the punch as I tried to use the Lucky Egg and Cosmic Power with it, then flinched Jupiter with Fire Fang twice and no Static, and Heatwaver dealt some damage but wasn't able to finish it. I did though, and Scalfi had to hang on to a +2 Earthquake from her Excadrill to KO that. Eventually though, Mizuno evolved into a Vanilluxe.
  • We then had the Humilau Gym itself! This was a great chance for Jupiter and Mambo to put in some work. I considered bringing back Neuronetta for one more outing, but decided ah, whatever. Not worth training her up again. I did let some of my other members in on gaining EXP, though, and there was some damage dealt on behalf of a trainer with two Basculin. And one with a Starmie.
  • After MULTIPLE revisions to my team, I returned to the Gym and was ready for Marlon. Here we go!
As he began with Wailord, I opened with Ceramic, who I had given both the screens and Light Clay. I began with Reflect, and managed to live a Scald with under 1/3 remaining before using Light Screen. He then finished me. Mambo was up next, and he was faster and got in the Ice Beam, which did under half as Giga Drain got him into the red and healed me to full. He wasted his Hyper Potion and I got him into the red again before finishing him with Sucker Punch.
Mantine was next, and I wasted no time in bringing Jupiter into the incoming Air Slash, which hardly did anything, especially with Leftovers. Scald was weak, but burned me, unfortunately, causing my ThunderPunch to get him to the red. He then used Confuse Ray, and I hit myself because why wouldn't I. After Leftovers and burn, the Reflect wore off. I took another hit and snapped out of confusion before ThunderPunch finished him and the Light Screen wore off.
Carracosta was next, and Discharge got him to the red, and propped his Sitrus Berry before Crunch finished me. Mambo finished him with Giga Drain.
Jellicent was last, and Shadow Ball hit for over half, but I used Cotton Spore to half his Speed. I then switched in Heatwaver, who I forgot to take the Exp. Share off of before this fight, and took a Shadow Ball for under half. Bite did under half as Scald got the KO. I brought in Mambo again and Petal Dance got the KO for the win, and Mambo to Level 48.

So I got the Wave Badge and TM55 for Scald, which is cool I guess, as he made his way swimming out. Hugh was outside and congratulated me on getting the Gym Badge, and Marlon showed up, clueless about Team Plasma and went off once again. So we had a job to take care of that we'll start next time!
(M) "Scalfi", Level 48
Stats: 163, 113, 94, 137, 78, 74
Moves: Aqua Tail, Revenge, Surf

(F) "Jupiter", Level 47
Stats: 155, 93, 77, 124, 90, 65
Moves: Cotton Guard, Discharge, ThunderPunch, Thunder Wave

(M) "Heatwaver", Level 48
Stats: 122, 148, 82, 100, 125, 82
Moves: Bite, Fire Fang, Quick Attack, Superpower

(M) "Mambo", Level 48
Stats: 142, 93, 74, 112, 74, 77
Moves: Cotton Spore, Giga Drain, Petal Dance, Sucker Punch
Number of times fainted: 9

"Ceramic", Level 47
Stats: 117, 72, 107, 76, 136, 89
Moves: Earth Power, Extrasensory, Light Screen, Reflect
Number of times fainted: 13

(F) "Mizuno", Level 48
Stats: 134, 94, 99, 125, 113, 86
Moves: Acid Armor, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Mirror Coat
Number of times fainted: 1

Other Pokemon used:
:braviary: (M) "Swoop", Level 44 (Number of times fainted: 12)
Time: 24:04
Money: 535484P
Pokédex: 194

Basic Badge - Obtained in Week 1 / Pokémon used: :azurill::pidove::oshawott::mareep:

Toxic Badge - Obtained in Week 2 / Pokémon used: :flaaffy::dewott::audino::marill::pidove::growlithe:

Insect Badge - Obtained in Week 3 / Pokémon used: :dewott::tranquill::audino:

Bolt Badge - Obtained in Week 3 / Pokémon used: :flaaffy::maractus::flareon:

Quake Badge - Obtained in Week 4 / Pokémon used: :braviary::flareon::maractus::emolga::audino::dewott:

Jet Badge - Obtained in Week 5 / Pokémon used: :ampharos::emolga::dewott:

Legend Badge - Obtained in Week 6 / Pokémon used: :flareon::samurott::braviary::claydol::ampharos::maractus:

Wave Badge - Obtained in Week 7 / Pokémon used: :claydol::maractus::ampharos::flareon:
I also forgot to answer last week's Q. I really like the Reversal Mountain in White 2 with the lava, and Opelucid City at that. But these two areas are both pretty cool in both games. And as for this week, as far as the singular legendaries go, I used to like Zekrom the best because of course I did but in time I did come to like Reshiram more. But White Kyurem is my #1 pick, as unpopular as that may sound, I've always found it to look sick and that awesome Special Attack stat...

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
I think I won't be able to finish on time.
But here are the results of my battle with Drayden.

They're around levels 45-46 except Pudge (poor Pudge sort of stayed behind). Also I had to do a lot of grinding...

Edit: this was my team when fighting against Marlon, though Goofy and Gus were one level below.

All my Pokemon except for Louis were defeated. I didn't really have a strategy, but I survived. I decided to grind my Pokemon more for the next update.

Last edited:

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Week 7
Not much to say this week, since there's such a short stretch between last week's goal and this one's. That being said, Cairo finally evolved into a Flygon after dealing with ZInzolin and his goons in Opelucid, so that's pretty neat! (Also DearHunter's in Summer Forme now, but that's not important)

Marlon and his Gym weren't any trouble. Honestly, I was expecting more of a challenge from him, but a Badge is a Badge.

For this week's question, my favorite Gen 5 legendary would be Genesect. The thing just exudes coolness.
Female
Level 46
Blaze
Gentle Nature
Hammer Arm|Flamethrower|Strength|Rock Slide

Male
Level 47
Levitate
Impish Nature
Sludge Bomb|Dark Pulse|Gyro Ball|Venoshock

Male
Level 46
Water Absorb
Serious Nature
Surf|Signal Beam|Aurora Beam|Scald

:flygon: Cairo
Male
Level 46
Levitate
Serious Nature
Dragon Tail|Earth Power|Crunch|Fly

:sawsbucksummer: DearHunter
Male
Level 47
Sap Sipper
Gentle Nature
Horn Leech|Take Down|Jump Kick|Nature Power

Female
Level 46
Frisk
Hardy Nature

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Week 8 — The Big Finale
This is it everyone! We're at the end of the game. The goal for this week is to, well, beat the champion! To get there though, you'll need to finish off Team Plasma and free Kyurem. Do you have what it takes?

Question of the week:
Generation 5 is unique when it comes to evil teams - both BW and B2W2 focus on Team Plasma, but the team changes a lot between games. What's your favorite evil team and why?

This week's nicknaming theme:
Types of pasta

Calaf

Advanced Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
A little late, but here's my update for week 7! To prevent a tremendous difference in the size of the updates, I actually played a little farther, up until the first Plasma Frigate encounter.

• After we defeat Drayden, Team Plasma shows up and freezes the city. We defeat Zinzolin and one of the Shadow Triad, but Team Plasma steals the DNA Splicers anyway.
  • We make our way towards Humilau City.
  • Asparagus :serperior: and Caelum :dunsparce:, who I taught Charge Beam, make short work of the Gym Trainers. (Sidenote: Serene Grace Dunsparce + Charge Beam = Profit).
  • We challenge Marlon with Asparagus and Caelum at level 50 and the others at levels 48/49.
I lead with Asparagus :serperior: against Marlon's Carracosta :carracosta:. Asparagus tries to plant Leech Seed on Carracosta to break its Sturdy, but misses while Carracosta sets up Shell Smash. Luckily, the second attempt succeeds, which mitigates the 50% of HP Carracosta takes with Crunch.
This allows me to set up one Coil while Carracosta goes for Crunch again. Afterwards, I go for Giga Drain to regain some health, which knocks
Carracosta out. Marlon's Wailord :wailord: and Jellicent :jellicent: are taken out with one Leaf Blade each, earning us the Wave Badge!

• We head on to Route 22 at the request of Hugh, where Colress gives us his machine.
  • We head down Route 21 and through Seaside Cave, where we remove the 'Roadblock Crustle' with the Colress machine.
  • Marlon lowers the boarding plank and we enter the Plasma Frigate.
  • We fight through a bunch of Team Plasma grunts.
  • I find the Magmarizer, which I use to evolve Napoleon :magmar: into Magmortar :magmortar:.
  • After solving the warp panel puzzle, we encounter Zinzolin and a Grunt in Kyurem's holding chamber. Hugh and I take them on in a double battle.
Napoleon :magmortar: basically destroys everything with Lava Plume, while Hugh's Emboar takes care of the leftovers. For some reason, Zinzolin decides it's best to consistently use Ice Shard against two Fire types, instead of the incredibly Night Slash he could also dish out.

:serperior:
Asparagus the Serperior (♂)
Level: 52
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Overgrow
Item: Big Root
Moveset:
  • Leaf Blade
  • Coil
  • Leech Seed
  • Giga Drain
:dunsparce:
Caelum the Dunsparce (♂)
Level: 51
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Serene Grace
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
  • Roost
  • Glare
  • Double Edge
  • Charge Beam
:magmortar:
Napoleon the Magmortar (♂)
Ability: Expert Belt
Moveset:
  • Psychic
  • Lava Plume
  • Confuse Ray
  • Flamethrower
:steelix:
Pyxis the Steelix (♀)
Ability: Rock Head
Item: Rocky Helmet
Moveset:
  • Rock Slide
  • Ice Fang
  • Iron Head
  • Double Edge
:flareon:
Sevilla the Flareon (♀)
Nature: Serious
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Toxic Orb
Moveset:
  • Superpower
  • Fire Fang
  • Quick Attack
  • Facade
:flygon:
Darude the Flygon (♂)
Nature: Brave
Ability: Arena Trap
Item: Soft Sand
Moveset:
  • Dig
  • Crunch
  • Rock Slide
  • Earth Power
:darumaka: London the Darumaka, level 18 (♀)
:herdier: Rocket the Herdier, level 22 (♂)
:drilbur: Toph the Drilbur, level 27 (♀)
:tranquill: Cockatoo the Tranquill, level 30 (♂)

QOTW: I really like the designs of Zekrom and Reshiram and while I'm not such a fan of plain Kyurem, I do think its special merged Forms are pretty cool. I also really like the legendary musketeers.

Pendraflare

Guardian
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So I actually beat Ghetsis on Thursday, and considering there's a big gap between Marlon and the Elite Four + Iris, I figured I'd do this in two posts. This one will cover the whole Team Plasma and Kyurem arc.
  • So we had a job to do, and made our way upward to Route 22, and this time, Terrakion was there! Colress asked me if I plan to confront Team Plasma, and I was, which didn't seem to concern him, as he gave me the Colress Machine.
  • Going from there to Route 21, beating some easy enough Swimmers and a Black Belt along the way doing so, then we had the Seaside Cave. Most of the trainers were simple enough, though there was a Heracross that made it interesting against Jupiter. Other than that, there wasn't too much of note. We dealt with the Crustle at the opposite side and were met outside with Hugh and Marlon, as we were soon able to make our way in.
  • Inside the Plasma Frigate, after we puked off the grunts at the entrance, we dealt with two more in a double battle, who were simple enough. Then we made our way down to the hatch and met with…an ex-Team Plasma grunt disguised as a spy on Rood's order? Fascinating. Anyway, there wasn't much in the way of grunts that caused a lot of damage, but one had a Golbat that unfortunately came out while Mambo was amidst Petal Dance. Eventually I got the Plasma Card and took things from there once I had the password.
  • Free to progress, I did just that, where Zinzolin showed us the legendary Pokemon Kyurem, trapped inside! Hugh showed up and we entered battle. I'm not going to talk about that, because it was literally just Heatwaver and Hugh's Serperior in it. They were down to their last ones after two turns. Heatwaver grew to Level 51 after the battle was over. And it OHKO'd the Weavile with Superpower even after it had used it before. But then Hugh talked about his Purrloin, but Zinzolin wasn't having it and kicked us off the boat.
  • But we knew that our next objective was the Giant Chasm. After a bit of preparation, we made our way there, and Hugh was ready to send Team Plasma running off again. We were soon in the Crater Forest, but they weren't having Rood's words! We had to take them ourselves, then. After doing so, the backup had arrived… What backup. That being said, the two grunts in a double battle dealt some damage with their Scrafty, and Mambo being locked into Petal Dance against a Poison-type didn't help.
  • Then we had the lower part of the Plasma Frigate. This place has some extremely epic music very reminiscent of Pokemon Ranger. But anyway, there wasn't too much from the grunts that put up a lot of damage, though it was fun going through and deactivating the barriers. As for Zinzolin, he went down 1-2-3 with Scalfi's Revenge. The first Cryogonal used a weak Ice Beam, the second used Light Screen, and Weavile knocked me from 5/6 to half with Night Slash.
  • Stepping aside, I was free to meet once again with Colress, who was ready to bring out his desire at any cost. Well, I was ready to show him what that was!
As he began with Magneton, I started with Mambo. He used Flash Cannon for narrowly under 2/3 as I used Cotton Spore to half his Speed. Petal Dance dealt a decent hit, a little over 1/3, before another Flash Cannon finished me. I brought in Heatwaver, who used Dig and KO'd it thanks to the Expert Belt.
Magnezone was next, and I switched in Ceramic to absorb the Thunder Wave, and Rock Tomb barely scratched it but lowered his Speed, as his Flash Cannon did under half. I had Leftovers, and Earth Power slammed it. Heatwaver grew to Level 52.
Beheeyem was next, and I brought in Heatwaver as he used Calm Mind. Bite handily did over half as he used… Calm Mind again. Bite finished it.
Then he had Metang, which I switched in Ceramic for again. After an Agility that doubled his Speed and some Leftovers, Meteor Mash…scored a critical hit and got the KO. LAME! I brought in Scalfi, and as his Zen Headbutt did over 1/4, Scald did slightly under half. He used Zen Headbutt again and got me a tad below half, as Scald got a min/max damage thing for the KO.
And lastly was Klinklang, who had the Air Balloon to avoid a Ground-type attack. I switched Jupiter into a Thunderbolt, which missed thanks to the Lax Incense. But it was then that I realized I dropped Thunder Wave for Bulldoze… Darn it! Nevertheless, as he used Shift Gear, I went for Discharge, which did over 1/3 and got the paralysis. I used it again and got him into the red as he used Shift Gear again… But then I remembered that he had his Full Restore, which he used. Discharge did under half and didn't get the paralysis this time, and Giga Impact got the OHKO. I brought in Heatwaver, who used Superpower for the win. And Scalfi grew to Level 53.

So he learned that I do want to reach greater heights by recognizing a bond as Pokemon and trainer, and suggested me go to the opposite side of the teleporter to his helm. The grunt ahead admitted that he doesn't have any Pokemon, and fled like a coward. Before going onward, I decided to teach Drain Punch to Mambo, because I had the shards and felt that'd be a decent choice to handle Steel-types. In Ghetsis' quarters he was there, and admitted this was all about him. The Shadow Triad appeared, and so did Hugh… Who got his long-awaited Pokemon back… A Liepard?! He was in disarray, leaving me to face the Shadow Triad. The only one that caused serious damage was the one with the Absol, who at +2 did make it scary but Scalfi saved the day once again with a survival in the red.

Once they were done, Hugh begged me to not let Team Plasma do as they please. I continued through the Giant Chasm, where Ghetsis was waiting, and ready to battle… Or summon Kyurem! And have it use Glaciate on me - wait, WHAT?! As I was facing the final seconds of my existence… "Reshiram! Fusion Flare!" That was none other than N with Reshiram! You know, I've talked about this before, but this is my favorite plot point in ANY main series Pokemon game, and the reason for that is because of how Ghetsis PREDICTED N to swoop in and do exactly what he did so he can use Kyurem's Absofusion. With that, I had to face White Kyurem myself, on behalf of N and all of Unova. Here we go!

As I entered battle with White Kyurem, I led off with Mizuno, and tried to use Mirror Coat, but that failed as it readied Ice Burn. It hit for over half, and Mirror Coat got it into the red. Fusion Flare finished her. I brought in Jupiter and took a DragonBreath for a little under half, while Discharge got it to 1 HP and paralyzed it, allowing another to finish it. Then they seperated, and Ghetsis was angry and wasn't having it with me, so he challenged me to battle!

As he began with Cofagrigus, I had Mizuno still in front. Ice Beam hit hard, dishing out over half his health, as he used Toxic. He had Leftovers, too, as I took Toxic damage. He used Protect to block another Ice Beam, and he gained while I was drained. He used Shadow Ball, which did over 1/3 my remaining health, and I used Mirror Coat, which reflected the attack to finish him. Toxic damage had me just below 1/3, though.
Eelektross came after. Unsure of what to settle with, I decided to just stay in and use Ice Beam, which did over half… And froze it solid! It didn't thaw out, and I lived the poison damage with 9 HP, allowing me to deal the finisher (and taunting me with the unneeded critical hit) before Mizuno fainted.
With a hunch that Seismitoad was next, I brought in Mambo… And I was right! Seismitoad was up, and used Sludge Wave, which left me at 1/4, but Giga Drain easily OHKO'd it and healed Mambo to 5/6.
Drapion was next, and I stayed in hoping to get off a Cotton Spore… But X-Scissor hit and scored a critical hit on the first hit, finishing Mambo. He did take some Rocky Helmet damage, but this left me in a difficult spot. I decided to bring in Jupiter, who took an Earthquake for 2/3 before I used Thunder Wave to paralyze him. Discharge did over half before Night Slash finished me. Ceramic finished him with Earth Power.
Then he used Toxicroak, and my only thought was "why?". Knowing that Hydreigon was coming up, I decided to set up a Cosmic Power in the hopes of trying to hold that off a little and sap some with his Life Orb. His Shadow Ball did okay, slightly over 1/4, and I had Leftovers. I used another Cosmic Power, as he used a Poison Jab for 1/10. I then demolished him with Psychic and Leftovers had me at 5/6.
Last was, of course, Hydreigon. Crunch got me into the red, but I underestimated how much it'd do as I used Cosmic Power. He did take Life Orb damage, though, and Dragon Rush (okay?) finished me but had him out 20%. I brought in Heatwaver, hoping his attack would miss… Nope. Rock Slide hit for the OHKO and left him at 70% and me with just Scalfi. Dragon Rush hit for over half and Life Orb got him to 60%, and no flinch, and Revenge…got the KO for the win!

So with that, N tried to get through to Ghetsis, to no avail, as the Shadow Triad took him off. N thanked me and suggested me go to the Pokemon League. Hugh showed up a little too late and asked if it was over, but I answered No to his question. Yep, I gotta be the one who decides when it's over. After a bit of talk from him, I found the items in the remains of the Crater Forest and planned for my next destination: the Pokemon League.
(M) "Scalfi", Level 53
Stats: 180, 126, 104, 151, 87, 81
Moves: Encore, Megahorn, Revenge, Scald

(F) "Jupiter", Level 52
Stats: 171, 104, 86, 138, 100, 73
Moves: Cotton Guard, Discharge, ThunderPunch, Thunder Wave
Number of times fainted: 13

(M) "Heatwaver", Level 52
Stats: 132, 162, 89, 107, 136, 90
Moves: Bite, Fire Fang, Superpower, Will-O-Wisp
Number of times fainted: 12

(M) "Mambo", Level 52
Stats: 154, 100, 81, 122, 80, 85
Moves: Cotton Spore, Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Sucker Punch
Number of times fainted: 14

"Ceramic", Level 52
Stats: 132, 81, 119, 85, 152, 99
Moves: Cosmic Power, Earth Power, Psychic, Rest
Number of times fainted: 16

(F) "Mizuno", Level 52
Stats: 145, 103, 109, 136, 123, 93
Moves: Acid Armor, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Mirror Coat

Other Pokemon used:
:braviary: (M) "Swoop", Level 44 (Number of times fainted: 12)
Time: 27:59
Money: 653232P
Pokédex: 217

Basic Badge - Obtained in Week 1 / Pokémon used: :azurill::pidove::oshawott::mareep:

Toxic Badge - Obtained in Week 2 / Pokémon used: :flaaffy::dewott::audino::marill::pidove::growlithe:

Insect Badge - Obtained in Week 3 / Pokémon used: :dewott::tranquill::audino:

Bolt Badge - Obtained in Week 3 / Pokémon used: :flaaffy::maractus::flareon:

Quake Badge - Obtained in Week 4 / Pokémon used: :braviary::flareon::maractus::emolga::audino::dewott:

Jet Badge - Obtained in Week 5 / Pokémon used: :ampharos::emolga::dewott:

Legend Badge - Obtained in Week 6 / Pokémon used: :flareon::samurott::braviary::claydol::ampharos::maractus:

Wave Badge - Obtained in Week 7 / Pokémon used: :claydol::maractus::ampharos::flareon:

Defeated Ghetsis and Team Plasma - Done in Week 8 / Pokémon used: :vanilluxe::maractus::ampharos::claydol::flareon::samurott:

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
I haven't forgotten about this, but I am on Route 23 heading for Victory Road and the E4 I will update fully at another point

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
Week 8
And that's the end of that! Gotta say, I always forget just how hefty this chunk of the game is.

Team Plasma wasn't too much trouble. Colress gave me a bit of a hard time since Gemini and Voodoo are both lousy at taking hits, but Kyurem and Ghetsis went down without too much trouble. From there until the Pokemon League, my only real issues came from other trainers getting lucky with status effects and crits while I had the exact opposite luck.

The Elite Four, as usual, was a mixed bag. No real issues with Shauntal or Grimsley, a bit of trouble with Marshall, and lots of bad luck against Caitlin. Finally, Iris was tough, but still felt reasonably fair. Cairo was the one who finished her off, since her Haxorus was at a mere sliver of HP before it used Dual Chop and took damage from his Rocky Helmet.

Overall, it was good playing through this again. I don't like it quite as much as some of the other games, but it's still Pokemon and still a fun time.

For the last QotW, surprising nobody, my favorite villain team is Team Skull. Skulls and skeletons aside, I think all the members just have so much more personality than almost every other team, even the grunts. Guzma and Plumeria actually rank among my favorite characters from the games. It also helps that their goals aren't as huge or extravagant as the other villain teams. They're just a bunch of goons, causing a ruckus and lashing out at society. If that's not relatable I don't know what is.
Female
Level 57
Blaze
Gentle Nature
Hammer Arm|Flamethrower|Strength|Head Smash

Male
Level 57
Levitate
Impish Nature
Sludge Bomb|Dark Pulse|Thunderbolt|Venoshock

Male
Level 58
Water Absorb
Serious Nature
Surf|Ice Beam|Signal Beam|Waterfall

:flygon: Cairo
Male
Level 57
Levitate
Serious Nature
Dragon Claw|Earthquake|Crunch|Fly

:sawsbucksummer: DearHunter
Male
Level 57
Sap Sipper
Gentle Nature
Horn Leech|Retaliate|Wild Charge|Jump Kick

Female
Level 57
Frisk
Hardy Nature

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
First, seems like I have a lot to catch up with this Marriplays due to the family gatherings weeks ago (which I'm not a big fan of). Second, since this part's naming theme is beaches, I only use those from my home country, randomized (and re-randomized in case the name exceeds 10 characters) from this list.
  • Took out some black Plasma grunts while having some ice skating (Opelucid City is still frozen at this point, remember?)
  • Also took Zinzolin out right in front of the gym (I forgot to record his previous battle tbh)
Zinzolin | Chitose
:cryogonal: (1st) | Len :lampent:
  • Ice Beam | - (frozen solid)
  • Confuse Ray | - (gotten hurt by confusion)
  • Reflect | Will-O-Wisp
  • Ice Beam | Moomoo Milk to Len :lampent:
  • Ice Beam | - (gotten hurt by confusion)
  • Ice Beam | - (frozen solid)
  • Ice Beam (broke the viola) | - (frozen solid)
:weavile: | Merauke :cinccino:
  • Night Slash (critical hit) | Wake-Up Slap
  • Ice Shard | Hyper Potion to Merauke :cinccino:
  • Night Slash (broke the cello) | Wake-Up Slap
:cryogonal: (2nd) | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Light Screen (broke the viola) | Iron Head
  • Drayden gave the boy a good look at the DNA Splicers only to be snatched by the Shadow Triad
Shadow | Chitose
:pawniard: (1st) | Merauke :cinccino:
  • - (broke the cello) | Wake-Up Slap
:absol: | Merauke :cinccino:
  • Night Slash | Wake-Up Slap
:pawniard: (2nd) | Merauke :cinccino:
  • Flew to Undella Town as soon as Cheren caught up with him
  • Had a little bit sightseeing in the Marine Tube which leads straight to Humilau City
  • Tried to challenge the Humilau gym only to find out that its leader, Marlon, went swimming outside
  • Gotten startled by Marlon's sudden appearance just when the boy was going to look around
  • Got Sorake the violinist :corsola: girl while exploring Humilau City
  • Trained at Route 21 with the help of some wild :frillish::frillishf: living there
  • Also got Likupang the violinist :remoraid: boy while grinding (the :remoraid: from before didn't count as an encounter, in case anybody forgot)
  • Re-entered the gym and had fun with all the lily pads
Marlon | Chitose
:carracosta: | Merauke :cinccino:
  • - (broke the violin) | Bullet Seed
:wailord: | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Amnesia (broke the violin) | Power Whip (critical hit)
:jellicent: | Rhinoceros :absol:
  • Scald (ate the Sitrus Berry) | Night Slash
  • - (broke the violin) | Night Slash
  • Got the Wave Badge and TM Scald from Marlon (who immediately went back to swimming)
  • Explored Route 22 where he got:
    • Jatimalang the violist :audino: boy as his first encounter
    • The Colress Machine from Colress himself
    • Losari the cellist virtuoso :terrakion:
  • Went to Seaside Cave at Colress' suggestion where he nabbed Wediombo the violinist :excadrill: boy
  • Used the Colress Machine on a random boulder blocking the way which turned out to be a :crustle:
Violin
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Adamant
Moves: Iron Head, Cut, Power Whip, Shadow Claw

Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Sassy
Moves: Bubble Beam, Thunder, Power Gem, Psychic

Viola

Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Surf, Fly, Icy Wind, Air Slash

Cello
Ability: Super Luck
Moves: Psycho Cut, Strength, Night Slash, Swords Dance

:lampent: Len (Boy)
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Careful
Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Flame Burst, Inferno, Hex
Violin
:corsola: Sorake (Girl)
:remoraid: Likupang (Boy)
:excadrill: Wediombo (Boy)

Viola
:audino: Jatimalang (Boy)

Cello
:terrakion: Losari (Neither)
Violin

Viola

Cello
QOTW: The musketeers aside ('coz I love them all), I also end up loving Reshiram and Meloetta. When it comes to Kyurem's forms, I prefer Black Kyurem. And oh, before I forgot, gotta give a shoutout to Victini because, ahem, V-WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
Okay, idk whether this counts as double-posting or not, but I finally caught up. :mrgreenazurill:
Edit: Just kidding for the "caught up" part, I forgot that the real checkpoint is the Champion. Sorry about that. :pensiveazurill: Also, someone please post here, I don't wanna triple post. :upsidedownazurill:
  • Found the Plasma Frigate docked at Route 21
  • Barged into the frigate with Ryuji (not without Marlon's help, though)
  • Took out some black Plasma grunts in the northern basement while looking around for the switches to disable the barrier
  • Used a Dusk Stone to evolve Len :lampent: into :chandelure:
  • Found Zinzolin and another black Plasma grunt who introduced them to :kyurem:
Zinzolin | Grunt | Ryuji | Chitose
:cryogonal: (1st) | :liepard: | :serperior: | Merauke :cinccino:
  • - (broke the viola) | - (broke the cello) | Leaf Blade to :liepard: | Rock Blast to :cryogonal:
:cryogonal: (2nd) | :watchog: | :serperior: | Merauke :cinccino:
  • - (broke the viola) | Hyper Fang to Merauke :cinccino: (missed) | Leaf Blade to :watchog: | Rock Blast to :cryogonal:
:weavile: | :watchog: | :serperior: | Merauke :cinccino:
  • Ice Shard to :serperior: (broke the cello) | - (broke the viola) | Leaf Blade to :watchog: | Wake-Up Slap to :weavile:
- | :scolipede: | :serperior: | Merauke :cinccino:
  • - | - (broke the viola) | - | Rock Blast to :scolipede:
  • Gotten kicked out from the frigate (again)
  • Made his way to Giant Chasm at Cheren's suggestion
  • Managed to grab Gnocchi the violist :vanillish: boy in the cave and Penne the violist :clefairy: girl in the forest
  • Met Rood and the white Plasma grunts who were trying to get the black Plasma grunts to reconsider their stuffs
  • Managed to get into the Plasma Frigate (again) thanks to Rood and co.
  • Ran around the pipes puzzle, beat all the black Plasma grunts up, and got the password as well as the Plasma Card
  • Fought Zinzolin again, this time without Ryuji helping out
Zinzolin | Chitose
:cryogonal: (1st) | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Ice Beam (broke the viola) | Iron Head
:cryogonal: (2nd) | Len :chandelure:
  • Light Screen | Flame Burst
  • Ice Beam | Switch to Sora :ferrothorn:
:cryogonal: (2nd) | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Ice Beam | Moomoo Milk to Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Ice Beam | - (gotten hurt by confusion)
  • Light Screen | Moomoo Milk to Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Ice Beam (broke the viola) | Iron Head
:weavile: | Len :chandelure:
  • Night Slash | Flame Burst
  • Night Slash | Switch to Sora :ferrothorn:
:weavile: | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Ice Shard (broke the cello) | Rock Smash
  • Proceeded to the control room where he encountered Colress
Colress | Chitose
:magneton: | Len :chandelure:
  • Thunder Wave | Flame Burst
  • Full Restore to :magneton: | Flame Burst
  • Volt Switch | Shadow Ball
:metang: | Len :chandelure:
  • Rock Slide (missed, broke the cello) | Flame Burst
:klinklang: | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Shift Gear | Rock Smash
  • Shift Gear | Switch to Len :chandelure:
:klinklang: | Len :chandelure:
  • Shift Gear | Full Restore to Len :chandelure:
  • Gear Grind (broke the cello) | Flame Burst
:beheeyem: | Rhinoceros :absol:
  • - (broke the cello) | Night Slash (critical hit)
:magnezone: | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Thunder Wave | Rock Smash
  • Discharge | - (paralyzed)
  • Flash Cannon | Power Whip
  • Explosion (broke the violin) | Power Whip (missed)
:magneton: | Len :chandelure:
  • - (broke the violin) | Flame Burst
  • Faced Ghetsis in the other room, but he summoned the Shadow Triad instead
  • The Shadow Triad returned Ryuji's :purrloin:, I mean, :liepard:, and battled Chitose in a 3-round battle
  • Chased after Ghetsis to the inner cave
  • N and his :zekrom: came to the rescue just when :kyurem: was going to freeze Chitose to death
  • Had to watch :zekrom: being fused by :kyurem: and the DNA Splicers, forming :kyuremblack:
Black Kyurem | Chitose
:kyuremblack: | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Dragon Breath | Iron Head
  • Slash (broke the violin) | Iron Head
  • Ghetsis went mad for Sora :ferrothorn: 2HKO-ing :kyuremblack: big time
Ghetsis | Chitose
:cofagrigus: | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Protect | Switch to Rhinoceros :absol:
:cofagrigus: | Rhinoceros :absol:
  • Toxic | Night Slash
  • Protect | Swords Dance
  • Protect (failed, broke the cello) | Night Slash
:drapion: | Dewa 19 :swanna:
  • Night Slash | Surf
  • Night Slash (missed) | Fly (mid-air phase)
  • Night Slash | Fly (attack phase)
  • Full Restore to :drapion: | Fly (mid-air phase)
  • Night Slash | Fly (attack phase, broke the viola)
:drapion: | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Earthquake | Iron Head
  • Earthquake (broke the viola) | Iron Head
:eelektross: | Merauke :cinccino:
  • Thunderbolt | Tail Slap
  • Thunderbolt | Full Restore to Merauke :cinccino:
  • - (broke the violin) | Tail Slap
:seismitoad: | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Drain Punch | Moomoo Milk to Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Drain Punch (critical hit, broke the violin) | Power Whip
:toxicroak: | Atsabites :starmie:
  • - (broke the viola) | Psychic
:hydreigon: | Atsabites :starmie:
  • Crunch | Ice Beam (broke the violin)
:hydreigon: | Merauke :cinccino:
  • Crunch | Moomoo Milk to Merauke :cinccino:
  • Got outta the Giant Chasm ASAP
Violin
Level: 55
Moves: Iron Head, Cut, Power Whip, Rock Smash

Moves: Surf, Blizzard, Zen Headbutt, Aqua Tail

Viola

:vanillish: Gnocchi (Boy)
Level: 45
Ability: Ice Body
Moves: Mirror Shot, Acid Armor, Ice Beam, Hail

Cello
Level: 54
Ability: Super Luck
Moves: Psycho Cut, Strength, Night Slash, Swords Dance

:chandelure: Len (Boy)
Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Flame Burst, Shadow Ball, Hex
Violin

Viola
:clefairy: Penne (Girl)

Cello
Violin

Viola

Cello
QOTW: Favorite villains, huh? Lemme name some in no particular order:
  • Team Plasma due to its internal dynamics between its debut (BW) and 2 years later (BW2)
  • Team Magma and Team Aqua for having opposite yet equally dangerous aims
  • Team Skull for, er, being a ragtag bunch of misfits

Last edited:

LRachelR5

Junior Trainer
So I have finished my run of Black 2! This was a lot of fun, it was just a shame that I got so busy in the middle of it that I fell behind a bit.

Team

Loki
Level: 57
Held Item: Miracle Seed
Moveset:
  • Giga Drain
  • Energy Ball
  • Venoshock
  • Toxic
Final thoughts: I really enjoy using this family. Loki's speed was absolutely amazing throughout the game meaning that he would outspeed pretty much anything, he didn't do much in the E4 but he was useful as a revenge killer if I needed him, plus him using toxic helped with Shantaul's Cofagregus.

Banner
Held Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
  • Earth Power
  • Shadow Ball
  • Ice Beam
  • Psychic
Final thoughts: This was the first time I used a Claydol and honestly he was as fantastic tank which was helped by the Leftovers. I was thinking of teaching him Reflect and Light Screen for the E4 but decided that I prefered his offence and type coverage. He may have been slightly too slow for me but I enjoyed using him.

Steve
Held Item: Expert Belt
Moveset:
  • Close Combat
  • Rock Slide
  • Swords Dance
  • Drain Punch
Final thoughts: Steve was an amazing powerhouse all throughout the game. He took down Grimsley practically single-handedly. It was nice being to experiment with special moves when his stats were pretty similar and he only really became a full physical attacker in the endgame.

Natasha
Level: 56
Held Item: Silk Scarf
Moveset:
  • Jump Kick
  • Ice Punch
  • Quick Attack
  • Strength (should have been Return but didn't realise I forgot to replace it till in the E4)
Final thoughts: Like Loki and Steve she had brilliant speed and was another answer to the various Dragon-types at the end of the game. She was really fun to use even if evolving her felt like a bit of a challenge.

Tony
Level: 59
Held Item: Mystic Water
Moveset:
  • Megahorn
  • Ice Beam
  • Surf
  • Waterfall
Final thoughts: Samurott is my favourite Unova starter and I was so happy with how he did in this run of the game. Like Steve, he could use both physical and special moves for much of his life and then at the end was more of a special attacker. He was the MVP against Iris being able to take a few hits if he didn't outspeed and then knock out stuff.

Thor
Held Item: Draco Plate
Moveset:
  • Aerial Ace
  • Fly
  • Dragon Dance
  • Dragon Pulse
Final thoughts: I had pretty high hopes for Thor but sadly he didn't really deliver, he was probably the weakest team link and he got really unlucky in the E4 when I attempted to use him meaning I prefer using other members instead of him.
Seeing as I missed so many of them I won't answer the questions of the week.

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
Thanks to @LRachelR5, I don't need to triple post for the (real) final update. 😁
  • Trained up Gannet :golduck:, Eosinophil :tranquill: and Gnocchi :vanillish: to the point that the last two evolving into :unfezantf: and :vanilluxe: respectively
  • Got Bavette the violinist :gligar: girl at Route 23
  • Also got HM Waterfall from N just before the Badge Check Gates at the start of Victory Road
  • Explored the rest of Route 23 for trainers and stuffs
  • Went through Victory Road where he got (Pinwheel clause applies here):
    • Mafalde the violinist :altaria: boy around the river
    • Lasagnette the cellist :onix: girl in the cave 2F
    • Farfalle the violinist :golurk: in the cave 1F
    • Rombi the violinist :druddigon: boy in the cave 3F
    • Trenette the cellist :gurdurr: girl at the cliff
  • Rhinoceros :absol: broke his cello during the whole Victory Road trip
  • Had a final fight with Ryuji nearing the end of the Victory Road
Ryuji | Chitose
:unfezant: | Gnocchi :vanilluxe:
  • Swagger (broke the viola) | Ice Beam
:simisear: | Gannet :golduck:
:bouffalant: | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Megahorn | Rock Smash
  • Megahorn (missed) | Rock Smash
  • Megahorn (broke the viola) | Rock Smash
:serperior: | Len :chandelure:
  • Coil (broke the violin) | Flamethrower
  • Got TM Thunderbolt from Ryuji as his thanks for rescuing Erika's Ryuji's sister's :purrloin:, no, :liepard:
  • Did some preparations for dealing with Elite 4 and the Champion:
    • Trained everyone up (especially Garuda :skarmory: and Merauke :cinccino: as Rhinoceros :absol: and Eosinophil :unfezantf:'s replacements
    • Changed some movesets to fit everyone's needs
    • Did some shopping spree for healing stuffs
  • Started his final challenge against Elite 4 and the Champion
Shauntal | Chitose
:cofagrigus: | Len :chandelure:
  • Shadow Ball | Will-O-Wisp
  • Shadow Ball | Switch to Garuda :skarmory:
:cofagrigus: | Garuda :skarmory:
  • Shadow Ball | Night Slash
  • - (broke the cello) | Night Slash
:chandelure: | Merauke :cinccino:
  • - (ate the Sitrus Berry, broke the cello) | Rock Blast
:golurk: | Gannet :golduck:
:drifblim: | Gnocchi :vanilluxe:
  • Acrobatics | Hail
  • Shadow Ball (broke the cello) | Avalanche
Grimsley | Chitose
:liepard: | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Fake Out | - (flinched)
  • Aerial Ace | Rock Smash
  • Aerial Ace (broke the cello) | Rock Smash
:scrafty: | Garuda :skarmory:
  • Rock Tomb | X-Scissor
  • Brick Break | Fly (mid-air phase)
  • Brick Break (missed, broke the cello) | Fly (attack phase, critical hit)
:krookodile: | Gnocchi :vanilluxe:
  • Earthquake (broke the violin) | Ice Beam
:bisharp: | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • X-Scissor (ate the Sitrus Berry) | Rock Smash
  • X-Scissor (broke the cello) | Rock Smash
Caitlin | Chitose
:musharna: | Len :chandelure:
  • Yawn | Shadow Ball
  • - (broke the cello) | Shadow Ball
:sigilyph: | Merauke :cinccino:
  • - (broke the cello) | Rock Blast
:reuniclus: | Garuda :skarmory:
  • Focus Blast (missed) | Night Slash (critical hit)
  • - (broke the cello) | Night Slash
:gothitelle: | Len :chandelure:
  • Shadow Ball | Awakening to Len :chandelure:
  • Shadow Ball | Moomoo Milk to Len :chandelure:
  • Shadow Ball | Moomoo Milk to Len :chandelure:
  • Shadow Ball (missed) | Switch to Merauke :cinccino:
:gothitelle: | Merauke :cinccino:
  • Psychic (ate the Sitrus Berry) | Tail Slap
  • Psychic | Switch to Sora :ferrothorn:
:gothitelle: | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Psychic | Power Whip
  • Full Restore to :gothitelle: | Iron Head
  • Psychic | Power Whip
  • Psychic (broke the cello) | Iron Head
Marshal | Chitose
:throh: | Garuda :skarmory:
  • Storm Throw (missed) | Fly (mid-air phase)
  • Rock Tomb | Fly (attack phase)
  • Rock Tomb (missed) | Fly (mid-air phase)
  • - (broke the cello) | Fly (attack phase)
:mienshao: | Garuda :skarmory:
  • Bounce (mid-air phase) | Fly (mid-air phase)
  • Bounce (attack phase, missed, broke the cello) | Fly (attack phase)
:conkeldurr: | Garuda :skarmory:
  • Hammer Arm | Fly (mid-air phase)
  • Hammer Arm (ate the Sitrus Berry) | Fly (attack phase, broke the cello)
:conkeldurr: | Len :chandelure:
  • - (broke the cello) | Psychic
:sawk: | Gannet :golduck:
  • - (flinched) | Zen Headbutt
  • - (broke the cello) | Zen Headbutt
  • Found out that the champion is none other than Iris whom he met at Castelia and Opelucid Cities (did I get the spelling right?)
Iris | Chitose
:hydreigon: | Merauke :cinccino:
  • Dragon Pulse | Wake-Up Slap
  • Dragon Pulse | Moomoo Milk to Merauke :cinccino:
  • Dragon Pulse (critical hit) | Moomoo Milk to Merauke :cinccino: (broke the viola)
:hydreigon: | Gnocchi :vanilluxe:
  • Flamethrower (broke the cello) | Ice Beam
:druddigon: | Gannet :golduck:
  • - (broke the violin) | Ice Beam
:lapras: | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Ice Beam (broke the violin) | Power Whip
:aggron: | Gannet :golduck:
  • - (broke the cello) | Surf
:haxorus: | Gnocchi :vanilluxe:
  • Dual Chop | Full Restore to Gnocchi :vanilluxe:
  • X-Scissor | Hyper Potion to Gnocchi :vanilluxe:
  • Earthquake | Ice Beam
  • Full Restore to :haxorus: | Hyper Potion to Gnocchi :vanilluxe:
  • Dragon Dance | Avalanche
  • Earthquake (broke the violin) | Ice Beam
:archeops: | Sora :ferrothorn:
  • Acrobatics (broke the cello) | Iron Head
  • Became the new Champion of Unova

Violin
Level: 61
Moves: Iron Head, Power Whip, Rock Smash, Rollout

Moves: Surf, Waterfall, Zen Headbutt, Ice Beam

Viola
Iris' :hydreigon: broke his viola

:vanilluxe: Gnocchi (Boy)
Ability: Ice Body
Moves: Mirror Shot, Avalanche, Ice Beam, Hail

Cello
Marshal's :conkeldurr: broke her cello
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Mild
Moves: X-Scissor, Night Slash, Fly, Steel Wing

:chandelure: Len (Boy)
Moves: Will-O-Wisp, Flamethrower, Psychic, Shadow Ball
Violin
:gligar: Bavette (Girl)
:altaria: Mafalde (Boy)
:golurk: Farfalle (Neither)
:druddigon: Rombi (Boy)

Viola
:unfezantf: Eosinophil (Girl)
:clefairy: Penne (Girl)

Cello
:gurdurr: Trenette (Girl)
:onix: Lasagnette (Girl)
Violin

Viola

Cello

Last edited:

Pendraflare

Guardian
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So I beat the game like three weeks ago, and didn't post the final battles until just now. But here you go.
First was Hugh in Victory Road. Unfezant U-Turned out to Bouffalant and was bested thanks to some Cotton Guard and Static shenanigans from Ampharos, and recoil. Scalfi took care of Simisear, and Serperior got very scary as it used Coil upon taking an Ice Beam for over half, and KO'd that followed by Mizuno in one with a critical hit. Jupiter was finished with a Giga Drain. It looked like I was about to get swept, but Heatwaver saved the day by taking less than half from Leaf Blade and getting the KO with Fire Fang. Unfezant was last, and used Swagger… Which came back to bite him as Superpower OHKO'd for the win and got Heatwaver to Level 59. "…Phew! You're really something!" Indeed. That kinda became a nail-biter at the end but thankfully we lived.

After some training, we got to the Elite Four. I started with Caitlin.
As she began with Musharna, I opened with Heatwaver, and Bite with the Expert Belt did over half… And it got the flinch! That allowed me to get the 2HKO.
Reuniclus was next, and I decided to switch in Ceramic. But unfortunately, Psychic did over 1/3 with a critical hit. Really now! I used Power Split to share its power with her, and Energy Ball got me into the red. Earth Power didn't do too much at all and Energy Ball got the finish. And scored another critical hit to rub it in my face. And she gained some Leftovers. I went for Scalfi and used Megahorn… Which KO'd her with a critical hit that may or may not have mattered (I had the Expert Belt). I'll take it either way!
Gothitelle was next, and I decided to stay in. But she was faster and used Calm Mind. Very not good. Megahorn got her to healing range, though, and after that I got her into the red. I then switched in Mambo, predicting a Thunderbolt… And I was right. It did over 1/4, but got the paralysis. At least I hit with Sucker Punch for the KO, thankfully.
Sigilyph was next, and I tried to use Sucker Punch, but ended up fully paralyzed as she KO'd with Ice Beam. I brought in Mizuno, and after her Psychic did over 1/3, MY Ice Beam slammed her.
Metagross was last, and wasted no time in KO'ing with Bullet Punch, but Life Orb drained some of her health. I brought in Jupiter, and she used Zen Headbutt for 3/4 my HP, and Static triggered, rendering my Thunder Wave useless as she was left at 80%. Thunderbolt got her near 40%, and she got fully paralyzed, allowing me to KO her with another for the win.

Grimsley was next. As he began with Liepard, I opened the battle with Jupiter, and a weak Fake Out triggered his Static. And the Normal Gem. I still had over 5/6 my health after Leftovers. Thunderbolt came short of the OHKO, but he was fully paralyzed. As he used his Full Restore, another Thunderbolt got him low. Night Slash hit for over 1/3 before I got the KO, and with Leftovers I was at 2/3.
Krookodile came next and got off the Intimidate, and immediately finished me with Earthquake. I went for Scalfi, and Earthquake did narrowly under half while Surf got the OHKO.
Scrafty was next, and I decided to give Mambo a go. Crunch did over 1/3, but I had the Rocky Helmet, although he had Leftovers. I got in a Cotton Guard, as he used a weak Rock Tomb. After some Leftovers, Poison Jab got me to 1/4, but I used Drain Punch to get him around 38% or so while I was near half. He had more Leftovers, and after another Poison Jab had me below 1/4, Drain Punch KO'd and got me above 1/3.
Absol was next, and used Swords Dance, which is scary. But my Drain Punch did plenty over half and propped me up near 2/3. Unfortunately, X-Scissor scored the critical hit for the KO. Rocky Helmet damage got him right on the cusp of the red, though. Mizuno came out and finished him with Ice Beam.
Bisharp was last, and I switched out for Heatwaver as he got a pointless Quick Claw and hit with Metal Claw for under 1/5. He got ANOTHER Quick Claw, and Night Slash got me just into the red, but Superpower got the OHKO for the win.

Then we had Shauntal! As she began with Cofagrigus, I started with Ceramic. My Earth Power did around 1/4 as she used Shadow Ball for over half. I then used Light Screen as she hit with Shadow Ball and got me into the red as she gained more Leftovers. I used another Earth Power, which got her near 54% or so before she finished me with Shadow Ball and gained more Leftovers. I then used Mambo, and Giga Drain did alright as she missed with Will-o-Wisp… And Leftovers got her out of healing range!!! That allowed another Giga Drain to finish her.
Chandelure was next. I decided to let Scalfi in on the incoming Fire Blast, which, with Light Screen, did a tad under 1/4. (45 damage, in fact - Scalfi had 99 Sp Def and Mambo had 96 with 174 HP, so he still would've been OHKO'd even with the Light Screen.) I took another Fire Blast no problem and OHKO'd with Surf and reached Level 60.
Drifblim was next, and after two minutes contemplating my options, I switched Jupiter into a laughably pathetic Thunderbolt. She then used a weak Psychic and was demolished by my own Thunderbolt before the Light Screen wore off.
Golurk was next, and I let Mizuno in for that. Earthquake did 2/3 as I proceeded to slam her with Ice Beam. Oh, and Jupiter grew to Level 60.
Banette was last, and I let Heatwaver in for that. Unfortunately, Shadow Claw did over half. I tried to go for Bite, but came up short of the KO as she finished me. I brought Mizuno back in, and as she healed, Ice Beam 2HKO'd, the first hit coming like a sliver short. That was it.

And lastly was Marshal. As he began with Throh, I opened with Mambo. I began the battle with a Giga Drain for around 1/4 as he uses Rock Tomb… Which lowers my Speed and opens the battle with a critical hit for over 1/3. Really now! Then he uses Storm Throw, which I live a critical hit on in the red as he takes Rocky Helmet damage. I decided to bring in Ceramic as he used Storm Throw for under 1/6. Even with his Leftovers recovery, Psychic got the KO. And Mambo grew to Level 60.
Lucario came next, and I decided to not waste any time as I brought in Heatwaver. He went for Calm Mind, and used it again as I went for Superpower, which got the OHKO.
Conkeldurr came after. Ho boy. I switched in Ceramic as he used Hammer Arm for 1/3 my remaining health before the Flame Orb burned him. I decided it was Reflect time as he went for Bulk Up. I used Psychic and got him in healing range as he used… Earthquake? Uh, okay, Levitate caused that to fail but whatever. He wasted his Full Restore as I 2HKO'd him. And Heatwaver grew to Level 60.
Mienshao came after, and Bounce unfortunately caused paralysis and left me unable to move. He then used Hi Jump Kick for whatever reason, but Psychic came short of the OHKO. U-turn then got the KO and brought in Sawk before the Reflect wore off. Despite it being incredibly dumb, I brought in Mizuno, and Icy Wind missed as Brick Break almost OHKO'd. I let Mambo take one for the team, but he used Payback first before I got in a light Sucker Punch, then he used Brick Break again and with two rounds of Rocky Helmet he was around 60%. I brought in Jupiter, took a Brick Break for narrowly under half and finished him with Thunderbolt. Mienshao finished me with Hi Jump Kick, and Heatwaver narrowly survived one and finished him with Superpower for the win.

Finally, we came to the champion, Iris. I love how you can try to leave and make her say "Whaa! Where are you going?!" That never gets old. But anyway, firing up the full-body vs art, and the disco style battle theme, it was time for battle!
As she opened this final battle with Hydreigon, I started with Heatwaver. Surf did not even a full 2/3 my health, which was interesting, as Superpower got the OHKO.
Aggron came after. Knowing there was no way Superpower was getting the OHKO with my stats lowered, I went for Will-o-Wisp, which hit, as she used Double-Edge (why?) for the finisher. I brought in Ceramic next, and I set up Light Screen in prep for Lapras, as she used Autotomize to double her Speed. She then used a pretty weak Double-Edge as I then got in the Reflect. After another laughably weak Double-Edge, I then used Earth Power for the easy KO.
Then it was time for Lapras. Not wanting anyone else to take a hit, I decided to stay in and use Psychic, which did under 1/4 before her Blizzard did a little over half my remaining health. I got in another Psychic, which still had her over half as she missed with Hydro Pump. I used Psychic again, but she missed again with Blizzard. I then got her into the red as she hit with Hydro Pump and finally finished me off. I then brought in Mambo. She used her Full Restore as my Giga Drain did narrowly over half. Unfortunately, the Light Screen wore off at the worst possible moment, as she hit with Blizzard and immediately OHKO'd. Reflect wore off after that, which also stinks. I brought in Jupiter, who avoided a Hydro Pump and finished her with Thunderbolt.
Haxorus came after. Hoping she would use Dragon Dance, I stayed in… And she did use Dragon Dance, which was perfect, as it allowed me to use Thunder Wave to paralyze her. Thunderbolt broke her Focus Sash, as Earthquake OHKO'd me. I then brought in Mizuno and slammed her with an Ice Beam. Druddigon followed suit.
Archeops was last, and hit with Stone Edge for the OHKO. With just Scalfi, my very first Pokemon left of this adventure, he was up. She used Stone Edge… And missed, which basically summed up this battle in a bit of a nutshell, as I used Hydro Cannon for the win and dramatic effect. What a game.

So with that, my team was crowned Hall of Famers!
:samurott: (M) "Scalfi", Level 60
Stats: 204, 147, 120, 173, 101, 93
Moves: Hydro Cannon, Ice Beam, Superpower, Surf

:ampharos: (F) "Jupiter", Level 60
Stats: 198, 123, 103, 161, 116, 86
Moves: Confuse Ray, Cotton Guard, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave

:flareon: (M) "Heatwaver", Level 60
Stats: 152, 190, 104, 126, 156, 105
Moves: Fire Fang, Scary Face, Superpower, Will-O-Wisp

:maractus: (M) "Mambo", Level 60
Stats: 176, 122, 98, 144, 98, 98
Moves: Cotton Guard, Drain Punch, Giga Drain, Sucker Punch

:claydol: "Ceramic", Level 59
Stats: 156, 84, 143, 101, 173, 115
Moves: Earth Power, Light Screen, Psychic, Reflect

:vanilluxe: (F) "Mizuno", Level 60
Stats: 169, 120, 129, 162, 145, 110
Moves: Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Mirror Coat, Taunt
Final playing time: 34:16 - I might revise this post fully sometime, but I just wanted to get this out to say that I beat the game. There you go.