Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
Thank you all for participating, I hope you all had fun describing my beautiful drawing and trying to draw from your partner's description. ;]
Here's the original drawing:
And here are your submissions:
The image has a jade green solid background with a tan inside sorta like the smudges in our avatar backgrounds but not smudged. The entire image isn't shaded (if you want to go for accuracy), but you can shade if you really want to make this look legit lol.
The subject of the piece is a Pokémon chimera of sorts. The main body (torso, arms, collar, legs, and tail), which is Fafrir's favorite Pokémon, is a 3/4 shot facing your left with its right arm (your left) extended, holding a light gray cone of chocolate ice cream. Some of the ice cream is slowly dripping along one side of the cone, but it is mostly intact. The chimera has one evolved speedy bat-dragon Pokémon's wings on its right. Around the red part of the tail is a string tied to a floating light fuchsia balloon (just a normal balloon). The feet of this monster are like the Alolan dragon Pokémon's except with white claws instead of yellow at the end.
[READ THE NEXT PART IN FULL BEFORE STARTING TO DRAW TO REDUCE FRUSTRATION]
The head, which is a side view facing directly towards its right, doesn't come from a specific Pokémon. Rather, it is a solid black lizard head that points upward from the main body's collar with the open mouth at the top. The inside of the mouth is tan. There is NO tongue sticking out, so don't draw one. The visible eye is a black circle with a white dot near the top.
hope you didn't die while reading this :)
The image is a square, with a solid background in an almost bluish forest-green color. This is overlaid with thick streaks running northeast and southwest of a sandy tan color, with the character on top of that. The character is facing towards the viewer but angled slightly towards the viewer’s left. It has the torso, legs, and tail of an adult Unovan desert lizard. A hood with a hole for an eye is partially visible hanging down from the back of the neck. Tied with a black string to the red scale on the tip of the tail, is a single balloon. The balloon is really neither pink nor purple in color, but somewhere in the middle. The character has very dark gray, wolf-like feet. Each one has three toes, each toe ends in a pointed, triangular, light gray claw. The head, which is pointing upward, is the same very dark gray. The head is rather ill defined; it’s vaguely rectangular in shape. The snout is rounded and featureless. The jaws are open to reveal a mouth without any teeth, which is just a shade darker than the sandy background streaks. Just “below” the mouth, since the head is pointing upward, and a bit to the viewer’s right is a very large, solid black eye. It has a small white spot in it, off-center towards the top of the picture. A little below the eye again is a black curve, from the “top” of the skull to the “bottom” but not touching either edge. It’s like a jawline, to separate the head from the neck. The character’s left arm is hanging at its side, but its right arm is held out at shoulder level. Held in the three-fingered fist is a triangular gray ice cream cone, with a scoop of dark chocolate ice cream. A bit of the ice cream is running down the cone in a continuous streak, on the viewer’s right of the cone. Coming straight out of the character’s right side, behind the arm and the ice cream cone, is a large wing. It runs the length of the torso, from the neck ruff to the pants. The wing is that of an adult winged dragon from Kalos. On the whole the colors of the drawing are relatively simple. There is no shading or texture to worry about. The colors are all solid, marked out by thin black lines, and they’re rather pastel and muted.
Imagine one of the Galar fossil abominations except, surprisingly, marginally better. The main body for this thing, excluding the head and feet, consists of the favorite Pokémon of the host of this event. The head and feet look like a certain kaiju monster known as Studio Toho’s poster boy. It also has a wing of a certain dragon/flying type introduced in the Kalos region. Oh and it’s holding a chocolate ice cream and has a pink balloon on its tail for some reason.
The focus is Best Pokemon:tm: with the head of a dead fish, the feet of a dragon, and a single wing from a dragon Pokemon. The monstrosity is eating chocolate ice cream, with a magenta balloon tied to its tail. The ice cream is melting slightly.
The background is a green (slightly blue-green, but not enough to be turquoise) with beige scribbles around the center.
His left = your right and vice versa. Ashley's favorite pokemon holding a chocolate ice cream cone in his right hand and his left hand over his thigh. He has a purple balloon nailed into his tail and a green. A purple and green dragon wing is sticking out of his right side. His feet are replaced by black brutish feet with greyish purple claw nails, with 3 toes. His head is replaced with like a black velociraptor's. The background is green with yellowish streaks.
Let's start with the background: green, all about. Also your 3-year old child took a skin-colored marker and just drew zigzag. Background done.
This year's big picasso portrait can be summarized in one word - Chimera. This is literally a pokemon chimera. It's got a really black anchovy head, mouth open, looking up with an olive for an eye. if you're curious about the body, just think along the lines of Ashley, Fafrir (lol). Our boy's got little twiggy orange hands and his right one's got a lil chocolate cone, except the ice cream is dribbling down the cone a bit :(
The other arm is just put down with a bit of a bend its just vibing bro
He's got a nice puffy set of pale yellow baggings, a pale yellow hood to match and a pale yellow tail warmer thingy idk what to call tail fashion bro, it's got a red tip tho. All of this is natural too! Maybe he was born with it. I'm not sure if the boy was born with it, but there's also a balloon tied to the tip of his tail! a nice lil' loop that anchors the floaty ass pink bloon.
Mans got WINGS too. Well, Wing. Singular. He's got MASSIVE wingspan. Think of a wyvern's, emerald webbing, black bones and a nice violet back. Feel like this is a dead giveaway for you; let's also not forget the red claws on the top. He's got nice small little black dragon feet too. Overall I will give this boy a 11/9
Things to note that he looks kinda sad. If you want a big picture idea the chimera's posture is one of a kid who got lost at an amusement park. He's waiting for his daddy but hes waited for so long his choccy ice cream is melting!!!! maybe thats because anchovies r kinda sad tho
For voting, you can vote for one entry based on these criteria:
Accuracy - how close was it to the original?
Description - how well did the teammate describe the image?
Technique - how well was the image drawn and coloured?
And another thing, you cannot vote for yourself.

Deadline is February 21st (11:59PM/23:59 PST)!
Happy voting!

Last edited:

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Voting for Entry 6. Both the description and the image give me life. I also really like #3, but alas, I can only vote for one.

Typhlosion

Heart and Soul
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Entry #1 gets my vote. A good, faithful reproduction.

Nuuk

lilfella
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
lizzy
i like 1 the most

atlus 2

biglilfella
AKA
matlus
Vote for my son or die

Also I love #5 - straight up the most abstract art out of all of them

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
can be whatever
As for myself, gotta choose #3 because it's nearly close to the original drawing. Also, I love the :dracovish: bonus because the description does say "Imagine one of the Galar fossil abominations except, surprisingly, marginally better."

If I could choose two though, I'd like #1 to be my second choice. But alas, I only could choose one and #1 lacks the :noivern: wing.

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Is it one vote, or is it one vote per category?

Fafrir

Queen of Dragons
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa

SarasaKat

bibb pretty
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kat
Time Zone
EST
Cool deal
5 gives me life but I honest to god love 6 so that gets my vote

Fafrir

Queen of Dragons
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ashley, Scraftato
Time Zone
Saskatchewan
3DS FC
5215-0457-5124
Switch FC
SW-5955-0028-4991
IGN
Spoony/Salsa
Thank you for voting! I am now here to present the awards (it was tough because they are all so good):

Community Favourite
Artwork with the most votes
With a total of three votes, it goes to Entry 6, made by atlus 2 and Nuuk!

Most Artistic
Objectively best technique
Entry 6 made by Nuuk!

Most Creative
Most unique artwork
Entry 4 made by SarasaKat!

Most Accurate Artwork
Most similar to the original
Entry 1 made by Rydia!

Best Description
Most interesting description
Entry 6's description, written by atlus 2:
Let's start with the background: green, all about. Also your 3-year old child took a skin-colored marker and just drew zigzag. Background done.
This year's big picasso portrait can be summarized in one word - Chimera. This is literally a pokemon chimera. It's got a really black anchovy head, mouth open, looking up with an olive for an eye. if you're curious about the body, just think along the lines of Ashley, Fafrir (lol). Our boy's got little twiggy orange hands and his right one's got a lil chocolate cone, except the ice cream is dribbling down the cone a bit :(
The other arm is just put down with a bit of a bend its just vibing bro
He's got a nice puffy set of pale yellow baggings, a pale yellow hood to match and a pale yellow tail warmer thingy idk what to call tail fashion bro, it's got a red tip tho. All of this is natural too! Maybe he was born with it. I'm not sure if the boy was born with it, but there's also a balloon tied to the tip of his tail! a nice lil' loop that anchors the floaty ass pink bloon.
Mans got WINGS too. Well, Wing. Singular. He's got MASSIVE wingspan. Think of a wyvern's, emerald webbing, black bones and a nice violet back. Feel like this is a dead giveaway for you; let's also not forget the red claws on the top. He's got nice small little black dragon feet too. Overall I will give this boy a 11/9
Things to note that he looks kinda sad. If you want a big picture idea the chimera's posture is one of a kid who got lost at an amusement park. He's waiting for his daddy but hes waited for so long his choccy ice cream is melting!!!! maybe thats because anchovies r kinda sad tho

Best Teamwork
Artwork which fits the partners description the best
Entry 2 by Typhlosion and Calaf!
The image is a square, with a solid background in an almost bluish forest-green color. This is overlaid with thick streaks running northeast and southwest of a sandy tan color, with the character on top of that. The character is facing towards the viewer but angled slightly towards the viewer’s left. It has the torso, legs, and tail of an adult Unovan desert lizard. A hood with a hole for an eye is partially visible hanging down from the back of the neck. Tied with a black string to the red scale on the tip of the tail, is a single balloon. The balloon is really neither pink nor purple in color, but somewhere in the middle. The character has very dark gray, wolf-like feet. Each one has three toes, each toe ends in a pointed, triangular, light gray claw. The head, which is pointing upward, is the same very dark gray. The head is rather ill defined; it’s vaguely rectangular in shape. The snout is rounded and featureless. The jaws are open to reveal a mouth without any teeth, which is just a shade darker than the sandy background streaks. Just “below” the mouth, since the head is pointing upward, and a bit to the viewer’s right is a very large, solid black eye. It has a small white spot in it, off-center towards the top of the picture. A little below the eye again is a black curve, from the “top” of the skull to the “bottom” but not touching either edge. It’s like a jawline, to separate the head from the neck. The character’s left arm is hanging at its side, but its right arm is held out at shoulder level. Held in the three-fingered fist is a triangular gray ice cream cone, with a scoop of dark chocolate ice cream. A bit of the ice cream is running down the cone in a continuous streak, on the viewer’s right of the cone. Coming straight out of the character’s right side, behind the arm and the ice cream cone, is a large wing. It runs the length of the torso, from the neck ruff to the pants. The wing is that of an adult winged dragon from Kalos. On the whole the colors of the drawing are relatively simple. There is no shading or texture to worry about. The colors are all solid, marked out by thin black lines, and they’re rather pastel and muted.

I have also edited in the usernames of the first post with their entries.
I do apologize for the slight delay again as I got fairly busy but if you have any feedback then feel free to fire away!

Last edited:

atlus 2

biglilfella
AKA
matlus
MOHAMMED THANOS BACK AT IT AGAIN 2 WINS INNA ROW

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Brian and I got Most Accurate on lock even without my hex color and coordinate madness *dab*

and even if he completely forgot the Noivern wing reeeeeee