Marriprom Art Contest

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Marriprom Art Contest

Welcome to the Marriprom Art Contest! This is the opportunity for you and your partner work together creatively and compete with other pairs.​

How will this work?
This art contest must be participated in pairs. You will have to decide between yourselves who will be the person describing the artwork, and who will be the person drawing the artwork. The person who will be describing the artwork will be sent the artwork, and must describe it within 1000 words maximum. This description will be sent back to me, and I will send this description to the person drawing the artwork, who is to recreate the artwork purely from the description and nothing else.

The entry phase will last from now until the 10th of February at 11:59PM (PST). Once the entry phase is over, I will create another thread for the voting phase, which will last until the 14th of February. Any member can then place their vote for their favourite entry, all of which will be anonymous. All pairs will be revealed after the voting phase has ended. Voting details will be revealed in the following thread.

Rules and Guidelines
  • Please don't cheat by sending saving the artwork and sending it to your partner. It really defeats the purpose of the contest and ruins the fun for yourself and others participating.
  • Ensure all descriptions and artworks are appropriate for the forums.
  • All art forms such as traditional and digital art are accepted. If you are submitting traditional art, please ensure you provide a clear photograph.
  • You absolutely must submit your own work! Plagiarism is a serious issue, anyone caught plagiarising whether in the description or artwork will be immediately disqualified.

Bonus Awards
The results of this art contest are not only based on who gets the most votes! The following awards are categories for all possible winners of this art contest! Aside from the community favourite, the other awards will be decided by myself and a few other members of the Marriprom committee.

Community Favourite
Artwork with the most votes

Most Artistic
Objectively best technique

Most Creative
Most unique artwork

Most Accurate Artwork
Most similar to the original

Best Description
Most interesting description

Best Teamwork
Artwork which fits the partners description the best

Good luck! I'm looking all the artistic interpretations and entries!​

Last edited:

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
I think that letting people vote on the results would be a cool way to handle it. Maybe we could even have different categories too to make it less about getting first place and more about just having fun? Things like best done, best description, most accurate drawing, etc. could be cute little awards we could give out.

Last edited:

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Categories is an awesome idea!! That's definitely the way to go for a contest like this. How about these:
  • Community Favourite (the one with the most votes)
  • Most Artistic (objectively best technique)
  • Most Creative (the most unique)
  • Most Accurate (most accurate to the original)
  • Best Description (for the original)
I think it would be best to have a smaller panel of judges (2 or 3 ppl) decide the winners for the awards except for the public favourite, if the voters vote for all the categories I think it will be really messy and will result in a lot of ties tbh.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
For this panel of judges, would that be committee people, or just other members of the community who'd be willing to help out, like all the good artists? And would there be a word/size limit to the descriptions we could give?

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Probably just committee people for deciding who to give out the awards to. And for the word limit, I'd put it at 800 words to not go overboard.

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
I've finished the post, as for the artwork itself, it's almost there and I'll be done with it by tomorrow. Once I get any more input on the post the event will be ready to start soon.

edit; made a little change to have leeway for prom award voting at the end.

Last edited: