MarriProm Committee 2019 - Let's get this party started!

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Hey everyone! I know we've already had some discussion on our Discord, but since we have this forum now most of our concrete planning should be kept here. Feel free to brainstorm on the Discord still, but all events need to be posted and discussed/confirmed here before they're ready to go live.

Here's the list of list of people on the committee:

Committee Heads:
@Lazuli
@seaturtle
@Solar

Committee Members:
@Bossvelt
@Resolute
@theDINOsaurus
@Typhlosion

Thundawave will also be helping run Prom Dinner again.

The Committee Heads will be managing the MarriProm account, putting together all the announcement threads, and then helping run events. Committee Members are gonna be focusing on events specifically, but if you have suggestions about anything else feel free to give them!

Here's a tentative list of events that we've been talking about:

- Everyone is Mafia (Bossvelt)
- Prom Dinner (Thundawave, seaturtle)
- Doubles Pink Pokemon Tournament (Typhlosion?)
- Mad Libs (theDINOsaurus)
- Family Feud Game Show Thing (Resolute)
- Song Guessing Game (Bossvelt, Lazuli)
- Prom Awards (Lazuli)
- Movie Night (Solar)
- Art Activity (maybe reach out to Azuviin?)

Event ideas can be discussed in this thread to get a general idea, but after that let's make individual threads to work out the details. For some events there might be details that need to be kept private even from other committee members (like the songs for the guessing game) so not everything needs to be 100% worked out here.

Once we've got the idea ready, we'll draft the threads and get ready for MarriProm itself. Sign ups will be opening the last weekish of January (maybe a bit earlier), and we'll launch the event on February 1st. All activities need to be wrapped up by the 14th.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Has anyone reached out to Azuviin yet about hosting an art-based event? If she's unwilling/unable, who else would be good at running something like that? I do think it's a good idea to have an art event.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Yeah she's willing to host the event :hmmazurill: I just gave her permissions to the subforum, so hi @Azuviin!! If you wanna make a thread we can start getting the details for the event hashed out like we are for the other things.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Alright everyone, we're almost there! Right now we need to finish wrapping up the events and plan out what dates we want each thing to happen.

The following events will be long and need to START by February 1st:
- Everyone is Mafia
- Song Guessing Game
- Doubles Tournament
- Game Show (?)
- Art Contest (?)

Because of this, EIM and the tourney need to have sign ups open before the first. The guessing game is something that we can probably just launch on the 1st and let people send in answers as they like since we don't need to reserve a spot or anything for them to be able to participate. EIM should be good to go, but the tournament thread needs to be drafted ASAP so we can launch it.

With the Game Show and the Art Contest, they should probably have sign-ups open before the 1st so people can participate, but how long they take mostly depends on how they're run. @Resolute and @Azuviin, how long do you expect they'll be? On both of these I'm not completely sure myself because all the details haven't been worked out yet, but if we want to have sign ups open for them before the 1st we need to get things ready quickly. With the Art Contest we also want to have enough time for people to vote on the winners afterwards.

The following events will not take the entire two weeks, but we need to work out when we want them to start:
- Prom Dinner
- Movie
- Mad libs
- Prom Awards/the dance

Prom Dinner will be over pretty quick (especially with how G&oR spammy our forums are lol) and I've worked the chicken or pasta question into the prom sign up thread so we can launch that whenever we want to. It may be a good idea to put it on a weekend so it lines up when people are available most, so maybe start it on the 8th?

The movie can really be put wherever we want to. If we decide to have members vote on what we watch we can open voting on the 1st and then close it the day of the movie or something.

Mad libs can really go anywhere, as long as there's some time for people to vote on the awards.

The Prom Awards will be announced on the day of the dance itself, which will be the 14th. Voting needs to be open before that though. I'd say maybe open voting on 10th so that it's towards the end but still gives time for people to vote without it being a rush.

I'll also need the thread titles for the events + a short description about them to put in the events list. The sooner you can get these to me the better since I'd like to drop the announcement thread tomorrow or the day after.

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I'll get on that tournament thread this afternoon by the latest.

Tournament of Hearts: Pink Pokémon Double Battles!
A Showdown-based casual battling event featuring select Pokémon from the pink color group! Though you are encouraged to enter the competition with your date, the event is open to any pairs who would like to participate, and to single entrants if they desire. Oh, and did we mention there's a small twist...?

Last edited:

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
I think it's fine for people to sign up for the art contest on the first, that's generally how art contests are run anyways. The entering phase will be from the 1st to the 22nd, and the voting phase will be the rest of the month.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
Everything has to end by the 14th though. What timeline would you recommend to accommodate for this?

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Yikes, okay that's really short for an art contest. Sign ups can start on the last week of January, voting will start on the 10th.

Marriprom Art Contest
An art contest designed specifically for couples! Participants will be assigned different roles to contribute to the final artwork, one literary and the other artistic. The endry phase will end on the 10th and voting will be finalised on the 14th. Many awards for the various winners will be given out at the end!

Last edited:

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
alright my friends things are looking good so far.... but it looks like a bunch of people are disappointed that newlywed isn't coming back

since i'm not officially hosting any events (besides helping regine with prom dinner again) i could add it to the events and handle it myself....... my only concern is just that there are a lot of events already heh. i do think it's rly worth considering though since a lot of people seem to want it and it doesn't take much time to fill it out.

what do you guys think?

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Give the people what they want <3

I can help out where needed, I helped tally up the votes last time and all. It was a fun event. We just need questions.

theDINOsaurus

Golden Flower
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Dino, Christy
Personally, I would love to see it back. It was one of the most fun events because it was a little silly, low effort, and let you get to know your partner. It's a great prom event. ^ ^

Bossvelt

Inactive
Rainbow Rocket Executive
think its worth adding since its an actual event that is in the spirit of prom and couple stuff rather than being directly competitive
bring it back

Solar

Loog Noog Supreme
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
1. What is your favorite color?
2. If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. What is your favorite Pokemon?
4. When did you and your date first talk to each other?
5. What is your favorite memory of your date?
6. What's the most amount of money you'd spend on an online game?
7. What is your spirit animal?
8. What was on your most recent birthday cake?
9. What is the ship name for you and your date?
10. What would your ideal date be?
11. Who is lazier, you or your date?
12. What's your favorite time of the day?
13. What's the best joke you've shared with your date? (Forum appropriate, please u-u)
14. If you could be any kind of dinosaur, what would you be?
15. How well do you think you did on this game?

Here are last year's questions. I think we can take some, reword some, replace some, and we're good.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
damn that got a lot of responses fast.....

i'll get the thread ironed out and drafted rn and then work with molly to get questions made up. i think following the same schedule as the last one (starting on the 7th and being tallied on the 14th) would work well based on how the events are scheduled right now.

Lazuli

✧ Star Fish ✧
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Kaity and Bijou
Time Zone
GMT -6
3DS FC
3840-6615-2879
IGN
Kaity, Bijou, Lapis, or Lazuli (depends on the game)
Yeah lesss do it!!!!!!

Is all I have to say about that. :D

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
I think it'd be cool to do that. I'd be happy to help out somehow!

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
I've been hearing that it will be especially difficult to schedule the last two battles for the battling tournament due to weather making it hard for people to get around and a wide spread of timezones. How important is it exactly that this finishes by the 14th? Because idk if it's going to happen.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
It would be great to finish by the 14th and that's what we should aim for, but if circumstances that are beyond our control make it go past that it's not the end of the world.