Sword/Shield Max Raid Advice

Anthrix

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
I'm writing a guide on obtaining good IV Pokémon, and first place is Max Raids. It's probably the easiest way to get them, and anyone can get them as well, so it's a win win.

Just wondered if people had any good advice that they would give to a new player looking to find, beat and catch Pokémon in MAX Raids, as there's probably a more efficient way than just hitting them until they're dead and chucking a Repeat Ball and hoping for the best :P.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Cannot easily recommend something. Depends on the foe. Cannot go wrong with Eternatus :eternatus: (with Dynamax Cannon) and Zacian :zacian:/Zamazenta :zamazenta: (with their Rusted item and corresponding move). Noticed solid performance from Dracovish :dracovish: (with Strong Jaw, Choice Band, and Fishious Rend) too.

Be careful against Pokemon with Pressure, Cursed Body, and Disable when using Choice items.

Recommends a Pokemon with Clear Smog. (May want a few for a good type matchup.) Clears stat drops periodically, but not the boss's stat increases. Helps tremendously for some raids, like Clefable :clefable: (Minimize) or Zeraora :zeraora: (Hone Claws + Work Up). Prefers it over Haze due to ripping off a shield charge.

Never tried Wide Guard for spread-spamming jerks. Might be useful.

Always bring Eternatus :eternatus:, Zacian :zacian:, or Zamazenta :zamazenta: to Ditto :ditto: raids. Cannot transform into them due to being unable to Dynamax.

Level your Pokemon for solo raids, also. Affects your partners' levels. Prefers leveling through Poke Jobs with a Lucky Egg, personally.

Anthrix

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
I didn't know the Ditto interaction with Zacian / Zamazenta / Eternatus, as I have a Clefairy with 4 status moves, one of which is Follow Me. It means it always transforms into my really weak support 'Mon, and it's stuck spamming Helping Hand, Follow Me and After You.