Wonderlocke Midnight Madness (UM-Failed )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feather32

Junior Trainer
Well it's been a long time since I've done a challenge run and why not start with one of my favorites for the 3DS?

First the rules.

1. All of the rules in a Nuzlocke apply. If your Pokemon faints it's dead, you can only catch the first Pokemon you encounter, etc.

2. As soon as you catch a new Pokemon, you need to trade it away using the Wonder Trade feature. This can be accessed using the PSS in Gen 6 and the Festival Plaza in Gen 7 (as soon as you've unlocked it).

3. You cannot use Pokemon Amie or Super training. The only exception to this is if you want to evolve an Eevee into Sylveon.

4. The EXP Share should be left off during story progression, and only turned on for grinding. You might want to consider leaving it off completely- since all your Pokemon are traded, they'll be getting an experience boost anyways!

Clauses:
1-Dupes Clause: Since the first Pokemon you encounter on a route will always be traded away, it always counts (even if you've caught it before). However, if you get a Pokemon from a Wonder Trade that you already have, you can Wonder Trade it again to get something new.

Additional Notes: If I get anything over-leveled or junk like Luvdisc-Feebes etc I will send them back into WT.

First post will hopefully be up tomorrow. Hoping I get some under used mons. :)

Last edited:

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Yay! I'm a big fan of USUM as well, so I do enjoy seeing people step up to the daunting task of Nuzlocking them, considering how infamous their difficulty is regarded as. And with the Wonder Trade allowing you to get anything, it makes it very intriguing to think of how it can potentially go. I look forward to seeing how this turns out! (=

Feather32

Junior Trainer
Well I decided to post a short beginning tonight. Not much to tell yet, but I skipped as many trainers as I could until I got to WT.

-I started with Litten with I traded off for an Eevee which could lead to all sorts of potential team members. His nickname is now Copper

-Next the scripted Grubbin I caught was sent off for another Eevee and because I have so many options with him this will be the only other one I keep and his name now Balto.

-The Wingul I caught by Kukui's lab brought bad luck as I kept giving overlevelled mons about six times. I was sad about the level 33 Scraggy the most as it would've been perfect for the first trial but oh well. Instead I ended up with a level 9 Abra now named Hocus Pocus.

-Went back to train up Copper and Balto a bit before catching a Magnamite at the Trainer School and getting a Magnamite in exchange whose name is now Turbo.

Team
Name: Balto (Eevee-M)
Lvl. 6
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Impish
Moves:
-Sand Attack
-Growl
-Tackle
-Tail Whip

Name: Copper (Eevee-M)
Lvl.7
Ability: Run Away
Nature: Calm
Moves:
-Helping Hand
-Growl
-Tackle
-Tail Whip

Name: Turbo (Magnemite)
Lvl.8
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Quiet
Moves:
-Tackle
-Supersonic
-Thundershock
-Thunder Wave

Name: Hocus Pocus (Abra-M)
Lvl.10
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Jolly
Moves:
-Teleport

Deceased
None yet

Comments
With the over-leveled stuff I didn't get I can't tell if that is a sign of bad luck to come or not.

QOTD: Favorite Eeveelution To Use On A Team?

Last edited:

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Account Disabled
I hope that Magnemite lasts until Ultra Necrozma. Magnezone was the MVP for that part when I played.

Feather32

Junior Trainer
@Greniinjaman I'm hoping it does too, because that Sturdy ability will prevent some serious OHKO attacks.

Second update lets see how it goes. :)

Taking The Town

-The trainer's school was fairly easy except the teacher's constantly critical hitting Popplio. I'm very glad for Turbo's ability so I won't have to worry about OHKOs with him

-Got to Hau'lio City and caught myself a Furfrou and traded it off an level 51 Fletchling and then a level 23 Spearow. Finaly got a level 12 Snivy which I love because it's my favorite Gen. 5 starter. Named him Luigi and hope he lasts a while.

-Did some training around the city before taking on Team Skull and Ilima after evolving Copper into a Slyveon.

-Balto took out the Skull Grunt's Zubat easily with two Tackle attacks.

-Ilima was fairly easy with Balto and Copper doing all the work. Helps having Pokemon that don't have weaknesses to his Smergle's moves.

-Headed to Route 2 and caught an Ekans which was traded off for a female Swablu who I named Storm.

-Beat the Beauty in my way and headed to the Cemetery to catch a Gastly and got a Caterpie back who I named Silky.

-Proceeded to beat all the trainers in the area without any issues.

-Continued to the beach and beat the Surfer and Team Skull.

-Went into the cave on the beach and caught a Zubat which ended up getting me a Shellder who I named Snapper.

-Beat everybody on Route 2 and headed into the PMC where I got Roto Boost and I don't plan to use any Roto Powers.

Team:
Lvl. 13
Moves:
-Sand Attack
-Baby-Doll Eyes
-Quick Attack
-Tail Whip

Name: Copper (Slyveon-M)
Lvl.13
Ability: Cute Charm
Moves:
-Fairy Wind
-Baby-Doll Eyes
-Quick Attack
-Tail Whip

Lvl.12
Moves:
-Tackle
-Supersonic
-Thundershock
-Thunder Wave

Name: Hocus Pocus (Abra-M)
Lvl.13
Moves:
-Teleport

Name: Luigi (Snivy-M)
Lvl.13
Ability: Overgrow
Moves:
-Tackle
-Pursuit
-Leer
-Vine Whip

Name: Storm (Swablu-F)
Lvl.11
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Adament
Moves:
-Peck
-Sing
-Play Rough
-Astonish

PC:
Name: Silky (Caterpie-M)
Lvl. 4
Ability: Shield Dust
Moves:
-Tackle
-String Shot

Name: Snapper (Sheldder-M)
Lvl. 6
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Bashful
Moves:
-Tackle
-Water Gun
-Icicle Spear

Deceased
None Yet

Last edited:

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Account Disabled
Good that you haven't had any deaths yet. What's the plan for the totem?

Feather32

Junior Trainer
Good that you haven't had any deaths yet. What's the plan for the totem?
Honestly I think I'm going to stick with Copper for the Dark resistance and use Storm for the regular Rattata and Raticate in the dens. Play Rough is actually a pretty good move. I've never used Swablu before so far she hasn't disapointed me.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Team is looking quite cool, I will say! Sylveon should help against the totem, but be mindful of Super Fang. D: As for my favorite Eeveelution to use, Espeon has big strength and is fast so I think I'll go with that.

Feather32

Junior Trainer
Well let's see how the first trial went.

Update 3-Taking On The Trial
-Healed everybody before restocking some potions and equipping a could Oran berries on my two go-to teammates. Storm and Copper.

-Heading inside the two Rattata went down to a couple of Play Rough from Storm who gained a couple levels.

-Team Skull had to interrupt of course, but a couple Astonish from Storm took out his Drowzee, but a critical hit Pound had her use her Oran Berry which I replaced with another one.

-The Raticate was a bit harder with Super Fang taking Storm down twice to half health, but she did take it down after barely surviving a critical hit Bite.

-Healed Storm with a Potion and switched Copper to the front for the Totem.

-When Totem Raticate appeared immediately started using Fairy Wind, but Copper flinched do to a Bite attack as it called it's ally. Copper took out the Rattata with a Critical Hit Fairy Wind after taking another Bite from Raticate and Tackle from the Rattata. Lucky for me Raticate seemed to be stuck using Bite which barely did anything to Copper who took it out with a total of two Fairy Wind.

-Claiming our Z Crystal and getting some Great Balls from Ilima we headed into the cave where we caugth a Noibat which got traded off for an Axew who I named Cynder.

-Next Kuiki explained Z-Moves and we headed onto Route 3 where we caught a Manky and traded it off for a Lillipup who I named Yoko.

-Fought the two trainer's on the way to the meadow before heading in and catching a Caterpie which got traded off for Happiny whose name is Kli.

-Next headed into the cave and useded Copper to take out Soilera's Furfruo.

-Catch a Zubat and traded it off for Oddish who I named Oddball. Headed back out with Nebby and after leaving the meadow took on Hau.

-Balto took out Rowlet with a couple of Quick Attacks, Storm took out his Noibat easily with one Play Rough. Luigi took out his Pikachu with a couple of Leafstorms.

-Took out the last trainer on Route 3 with Balto and Storm.

-Had a few close calls with the trainer with the TM. His Butterfree specifically caused me to use my remaining Potions do to Silver Wind, but everytime I got it down to yellow it kept using Roost. Eventually Balto took it down after it needed to Struggle.

-Headed to PMC to heal and restock, then did some training in the meadow. Evolving Luigi and Hocus Pocus.

Team:
Lvl. 16
Moves:
-Sand Attack
-Baby-Doll Eyes
-Quick Attack
-Tail Whip

Lvl.16
Moves:
-Fairy Wind
-Baby-Doll Eyes
-Quick Attack
-Tail Whip

Lvl.17
Moves:
-Tackle
-Supersonic
-Thundershock
-Thunder Wave

Name: Hocus Pocus (Kadabra-M)
Lvl.16
Moves:
-Teleport
-Kinesis
-Confusion

Name: Luigi (Servine-M)
Lvl.18
Moves:
-Tackle
-Pursuit
-Leer
-Leaf Tornado

Lvl.16
Moves:
-Peck
-Sing
-Play Rough
-Astonish

PC
Lvl. 4

Name: Snapper (Shellder-M)
Lvl. 6

Name: Cynder (Axew-F)
Lvl. 1

Name: Yoko (Lillipup-F)
Lvl. 15

Name: Kli (Happiny-F)
Lvl. 13

Name: Oddball (Oddish-F)
Lvl. 1

Deceased:
None

Last edited:

Feather32

Junior Trainer
Well here we go against Hala luckily I got a few options.

Update 4-Great Grand Trail
-Well after getting perpared I headed to Iki Town and challenged Hala leading with Storm and a Play Rough against his Machop which took it down to almost half, but Revenge took her down to the red and I switched Hocus Pocus who finished him with Confusion. Then he sent out Crawbrawler who hit with it's Z-Move after taking a Confusion for over half his HP then finished the job after with another Confusion, For Makuhita I switched in Copper who took a Fake Out and then defeated him with a couple of Fairy Winds.

-Healed up after getting the Z-Crystal and Tauros as a Ride Pokemon and headed for Ten Caret Hill where I caught a Mawile who got traded off for a Bagon who I named Spyro.

-Took a quick picture and headed to Akala island.

Team:
Lvl. 16
Moves:
-Sand Attack
-Baby-Doll Eyes
-Quick Attack
-Tail Whip

Lvl.16
Moves:
-Fairy Wind
-Baby-Doll Eyes
-Quick Attack
-Tail Whip

Lvl.17
Moves:
-Tackle
-Supersonic
-Thundershock
-Thunder Wave

Name: Hocus Pocus (Kadabra-M)
Lvl.17
Moves:
-Teleport
-Kinesis
-Confusion

Lvl.18
Moves:
-Tackle
-Pursuit
-Leer
-Leaf Tornado

Lvl.16
Moves:
-Peck
-Sing
-Play Rough
-Astonish

PC:
Lvl. 4

Lvl. 6

Name: Cynder (Axew-F)
Lvl. 1

Lvl. 15

Lvl. 13

Lvl. 1

Name: Spyro (Bagon-M)
Lvl. 1

Deceased:
None

Comments:
Well the first island was pretty easy, but I do worry about Lana's trial because Aquanid is no joke.

QOTD: Were there any trials you found difficult/annoying in US/UM?

Last edited:

Feather32

Junior Trainer
Here we go with my least favorite Totem to fight.

Update 5: Rain, Rain Go Away
-Went through a few cutscenes and headed up towards Route 4 taking on Sina in battle. Took out her Smoocham with a couple of Astonishs from Storm and used Balto and Hocus Pocus to take out her Glaceon.

-Caught a Lillipup on Route 4 and traded him off for a Beldum who I named MetaKnight.

-Headed to Panollia town and took on Hau after he healed my team up. I made quick work of his team with Storm and Luigi.

-Caught a Mudbray in the Ranch and traded it off for a Meowth who I named Milo.

-Headed up to Route 5 and caught a Formantis who got traded off for a Solosis who I named Sally.

-Headed over to face Gladion, who I had no trouble taking out his Zorua with Copper and switched into Hocus Pocus who I decided to keep in to deal with Type:Null. A critical hit had me attempt to switch out, but I forgot it had Pursuit which caused poor Hocus Pocus to go down. Luckily Luigi avenged our fallen team member.

-I replaced Hocus Pocus with Cynder and trained her up a bit before heading into Brooklet Hill.

-The way to the totem was easy, but then came the hard part. I used Flyium Z on Storm, but it didn't do much which was a surprise. Switching out to Turbo he managed to Paralyze it with a Thundershock, but it hit with a Critical Hit Bubble which allowed it's ally Dewpider to take Turbo out. Switching in Cynder hoping she'd be able to land a Dragon Rage to take it out she got OHKOd by another critical Bubble attack. So I switched into Copper who finished the fight with a couple Fairy Winds.

-After a hard fight we claimed Waterium Z and traded a Dewpider we caught for a Pikipek named Flick.

-Replaced our fallen members with MetaKnight and Snapper.

Team:
Lvl. 19
Moves:
-Swift
-Baby-Doll Eyes
-Quick Attack
-Bite

Lvl.20
Moves:
-Draining Kiss
-Baby-Doll Eyes
-Quick Attack
-Swift

Lvl.20
Moves:
-Tackle
-Pursuit
-Leech Seed
-Leaf Tornado

Lvl.20
Moves:
-Peck
-Natural Gift
-Play Rough
-Astonish

Name: MetaKnight (Beldum)
Lvl. 9
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
-Take Down

Lvl. 10
Ability: Shell Armor
Nature: Bashful
Moves:
-Tackle
-Water Gun
-Icicle Spear
-Supersonic

Deceased:
Name: Hocus Pocus (Kadabra-M) Lvl.18
-I remember grinding to evolve you for fighting Hala you were such a wonderful Pokemon and it was my fault for not paying attention that got you killed.

Name: Turbo (Magnemite) Lvl.19
-I thought that your ability would help you through more battles, but the weather just wasn't in your favor.

Name: Cynder (Axew-F) Lvl.15
-I should've taken the time to train you more, because now you'll never have a chance to truly shine.

Last edited:

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Account Disabled
Well, with Magnemite gone, you may have a problem. Well, you do have the Beldum. Might also save you when you get to Ultra Necrozma.

Feather32

Junior Trainer
Here we go and yeah hopefully my little MetaKnight will do okay.

-Well this starts off we something sad I wasn't paying attention and lost Storm while fighting the trail guide on Route 5 didn't even see what killed her.

-Trained up Flick and evolved him into Trumbeak.

-Got an encounter on Route 6, and Wela Volcano Park. Got myself Nala the Litleo, and Fluffy the Furfrou. Traded Flick out for Nala because she will be useful during Mallow's Trail.

-Trained up Snapper at Wela Volcano Park trying to avoid those Dragon Rage Salandit's with one close call after one summoned help. Did a bit of leveling with my other team members as well. Metaknight evolved into Metang during this as well.

-Headed up to begin our trail after taking out a couple of the trainers in the area.

-The first Marowak and the Hiker's Magmar went down to Hydro Vortex from Snapper and then it was onto the Totem Pokemon.

-Had to start the battle by using a Super Potion, but a Hex attack brought Snapper back down to half health, so I switched out to Nala to hopefully heal Snapper quickly. A critical hit Venoshock had me switch to Balto to set up a Future Sight attack on both Marowak and Salazzle, but a Critical Hit Hex killed him. Snapper got taken out next by another Critical Hit Hex followed by Venoshock. Future Sight took out Salazalle even as Copper went down next. My whole team was killed between Venoshock and Hex this was disappointing.

All lost

Lvl. 4

Lvl. 15

Lvl. 13

Lvl. 1

Name: Spyro (Bagon-M)
Lvl. 1

Name: Milo (Meowth-M)
Lvl.27

Name: Sally (Solosis-F)
Lvl.1

Name: Fluffy (Furfrou-F)
Lvl.1

Name: Flick (Trumbeak-M)
Lvl.18

Name: Hocus Pocus (Kadabra-M) Lvl.18
-I remember grinding to evolve you for fighting Hala you were such a wonderful Pokemon and it was my fault for not paying attention that got you killed.

Name: Turbo (Magnemite) Lvl.19
-I thought that your ability would help you through more battles, but the weather just wasn't in your favor.

Name: Cynder (Axew-F) Lvl.15
-I should've taken the time to train you more, because now you'll never have a chance to truly shine.

Name: Storm (Swablu-F) Lvl.20
-I just wished I paid more attention and could actually know what even caused your death, but you were such a wonderful teammember and it's really sad to see you go.

Well that sucks I was hoping that Snapper could carry the team being a couple levels higher then the Totem, but apparently I was wrong. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.