Sports MLB 2019 Season Thread

PyroKinesis

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Corey
Didn't see one, and thought (and hoped) we would have a few fellow fans of America's past time here. Season just started. Go Tribe!

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Rosie
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Rhi, Cali, or Rosie
I'm just a Jays fan looking for when our Prospects fully mature.

My expectations for the Bluebirds are kinda low this year. I saw some fans on Twitter say they think they have a legit chance at making the post-season from the second wild-card spot, but I'm not optimistic. Realistically it is Boston/New York winning the AL East (even if the Sox got to a poor start, the seasons is LONG) with the other probably taking the first wild-card spot then the Indians and Astros taking the other divisions (And I mean, at least Huston has cool jerseys). That leaves us fighting for the last wild-card spot with virtually everyone else and my guess, will have a quick exit if we somehow make it. But, watching a baseball game on a sunny afternoon has always been relaxing for me. So I can't wait there.

PyroKinesis

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Corey
For a moment, I thought starting this thread today was good luck, since we almost threw a combined no hitter against the Blue Jays. But alas...

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
I'm also a Blue Jays fan (albeit very casual, lol), and I have zero faith this team will actually do anything. Like, they're rebuilding, and from my limited knowledge about just the division, the Red Sox/Yankees are really good, and then the Tampa Bay Rays are a step below them, and then it's the Blue Jays/Orioles well behind.

Really, all I want to see from this season are guys like Vladdy Jr. and Bo Bichette come up and do well. It's already tough seeing Kevin Pillar get traded since I barely know anybody on the roster as it is, lol.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
MLB thread? Yay! This gives me a chance to talk about my Phillies, who after spending the better part of the 2010s in the basement, are primed to become a SCARY team with their new additions like Jean Segura, JT Realmuto, and of course, Bryce Harper, whose $330 million offer was the biggest deal in sports history until Mike Trout's $430 million deal eclipsed it. The season has got off to a fun start because they are scoring like maniacs, and while the beginning of the season is rarely something to really take off of, I can safely say that these guys are gonna be super fun to watch. My only real concerns with this team are the rotation (we have Aaron Nola and Jake Arrieta, but we won't be able to rely on this regularly) and more importantly the bullpen, which was a big worry last season and we're still desperately trying to find the proper closers to finish off the games. But other than that, there is so much to look forward to from this Phillies team. They are destined for another championship down the road!

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
I'm a Mets fan, which means I'm going to be mostly burying my head in the sand except for every fifth day when de Grom takes the mound. He just signed a really big contract though which probably means he's going to be on the DL for the season by June.

For those following in the wrong other league:

PyroKinesis

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Corey
I. Love. Walk. Off. Wins.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
smh Giants wasting Pillar's grand slam like that

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Gosh darn it Phillies, really unfortunate that our momentum from the opening series has kinda simmered. But as I said, our pitching is what's really worrying me. Nola/Syndergaard tomorrow, though, we gotta win this series and then put in work in Colorado because they're not good right now. At least the bullpen put in work today despite a 14 inning outing in Miami that went on way longer than it should have. We need more of that pitching up ahead!

Dragonite

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
This is why, under no circumstances, should the National League adopt the designated hitter rule. Link

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
oh hey it's the guy the Giants traded to get like 3 months of Carlos Beltran. I don't even think they've had a pitching prospect as good as that since the trade outside of maybe Rodriguez (who has been ass lately) and Beede (who may finally get his **** together this season)

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
At times my Phillies feel like a hard team to figure out. Bryce Harper was GREAT in this past series against the Rockies, and we were alright against the Cubs, but both games we won we managed to get lucky against. We are horrible at holding leads, but it does feel good when the offense comes to life. We can only hope that once the weather starts getting warmer, this team can REALLY show what they're capable of. We have three tough series up ahead, visiting the Brewers, then the Cardinals, and visiting the hot Dodgers in LA. Also, I'll be going to one of the games against the Cardinals, this Wednesday. With the Braves closing in on us, I'm just hoping we can keep it together and maintain a real identity in time.

Grunt Beavie

The Magma Grunt with a Dragonite
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Beavie, Rosie
Time Zone
Atlantic Standard Time
3DS FC
0705-6289-4703
Switch FC
5531-8213-8624
IGN
Rhi, Cali, or Rosie

Our all mighty saviour.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
I knew the Giants would be depressing but I didn't think it'd be this depressing.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Tonight's home run derby round between Vladdy Jr. and Joc Pederson was very insane. Really, Vladdy Jr.'s performance tonight was amazing, just sucked that he ran out of gas at the end and lost. But he did set a bunch of records in the process, so that's cool as hell.

Dragonite

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
Oh nice, Alonso won the derby. Hopefully he keeps it up for the rest of the Mets' season, he's one of the very few things that's actually gone right for us this year.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
That was pretty special last night for the Angels to throw a combined no hitter in their first home game since the passing of Skaggs.

Dragonite

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
It's been a strange, strange summer for Mets fans, capped off with this.

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Bryce Harper didn't lie; he brought a title back to DC.