Nuzlocke Scramble Moonwatcher's Y Scramble-Nuzlocke

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
I've been meaning to document one of my Nuzlockes for a while now, and with the abrupt end of my previous attempt, now is as good a time as any to start.

1. If a Pokemon faints, it’s dead and must be perma-boxed.
  1. I may only use the Pokemon selected beforehand.
  2. Pokemon cannot be place in the PC. I may only withdraw a Pokemon if one has died.
  3. All Pokemon must be nicknamed. Naming theme is Witches from Puella Magi Madoka Magica.
4.1: Like their namesakes, all pokemon must be female.
  1. The battle style must be SET.
  2. The run fails if I black/white out. The challenge is over once I have defeated the Champion.
  3. As an added rule, my Pokemon are not allowed to go over the level of the next Gym leader/Champion’s strongest Pokemon. If a Pokemon is over leveled, they are not allowed to fight until the next checkpoint is reached.
The usable pokemon are:
Dragalge
Diggersby
Gogoat
Delphox
Klefki
Scrafty

With these pokemon as reserves:
Florges
Lapras
Yanmega
Absol
I started the game. I chose to play as a female trainer because I prefer Calem to Serena as a rival. Named them Momoe.

I then proceeded to reset for about an hour until my starter fennekin was female… Eventually I got one, who I named Ophelia.

Ophelia: LV5
Blaze
Mild Nature
-Scratch
-Tail Whip
-Ember

I didn’t die in the tutorial rival battle, which was good. In fact, Ophelia’s first attack of the game procced it’s burn to add some overkill. Fingers crossed things will continue this way.

So then after more cutscenes and story stuff, I finally got started properly. On route 2 I quickly found a female bunnelby, who I named Homulilly.

Homulilly: LV3
Pickup
Naive Nature
-Tackle
-Agility
-Leer

I did some grinding to get Homullily up to LV5 before entering the forest.

I tried not to use Ophelia too much, as she was my best bet for the first Gym, and as such she needed to be a low enough level to fight the trainers there without passing the level cap. As such Homullily did most of the fighting.

It was pretty straightforward, until that one trainer with a Pikachu, which took out over half of Homulilly’s HP AND paralyzed her with a single attack, but luckily Homulilly’s attack was a crit and OHKOed the Pikachu in return.

Once I arrived at the town, I bought some X Defense & X Sp. Def, (didn’t need potions as Homulilly’s pickup gave me two Super Potions while traversing the forest,) then headed into the gym.

Ophelia was LV9, and Homulilly was LV8. I felt pretty confident, until I saw that the first trainer’s pokemon was LV10.
Ophelia managed to win, but just barely, so I retreated and leveled Homulilly up to LV10. (Ophelia had reached LV10 from the first gym trainer.)

However, the rest of the trainers weren’t nearly so bad, and Ophelia reached exactly LV12 before starting the gym battle without any extra grinding needed.

Vs. Viola:

First up, I had to fight a Surskit, so I lost a turn swapping Homulilly out. Homulilly used Leer a few times, tanking most of the hits, but I still had to use a couple of potions to survive the occasional Bubble. After that, Doubleslap finished them off quite quickly, due to hitting five times with the first use. (Quintuple slap?)

Then back to Ophelia for the fight against the vivillion. Ophelia’s Ember did hardly any damage, while she lost a third of her HP from the vivillion’s attack. 0_0
Anticipating a looong fight, I used two X Defenses and some potions to make sure she didn’t die to easily.
Then I was informed that Water Sport had worn off. Which would be why Ember had done so little damage. >_<
Then she got a Crit with ember, taking out about 80% of their HP in one shot.

That vivillion gave a massive amount of EXP. Homulilly leveled up just from being there, while Ophelia gained TWO levels at once.

I could have left it there, but as the first gym segment was kinda short I decided to try and catch my first reserve, since flabebe are found right at the start of the next route. As SAF was nice enough to let me chose which colour flower to go with, I’d chosen an orange flower, not realising how rare they were. (Annoyingly enough, I found a white one first!)
Luckily I didn’t have to worry about gender for this one, and eventually I found one with the correct colouring, catching Gertrud as my first reserve, who was promptly boxed ready for if/when a main party member dies.

Gertrud: LV7
Flower Veil
Sassy Nature
-Tackle
-Vine Whip
-Fairy Wind

And that's all so far. :)
:fennekin:
Ophelia: LV14
Blaze
Mild Nature
-Scratch