Nuzlocke My First Ever Pokemon Nuzlocke (Pokemon FireRed)

Raddious

Beginner Trainer
AKA
Radd
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
2552-4834-7457
IGN
Raddious
Hey! I'm Raddious and I'm starting my first nuzlocke on Pokemon FireRed, my first main-series pokemon game. I've technically started a few nuzlockes in the past but I typically lost interest around only a couple badges in and I've never really played all the way into a victory or a loss so I think this can still count as my first. I'm a fan of Marriland and have watched other pokemon nuzlockes as well on youtube and even though I've never really gotten into one myself, I'm pretty confident I can start with some more challenging rules than most first nuzlockes normally use. With that said, let me get into the rules. I tried to keep it simple but still hard for my first go around.

1. I can only catch the first Pokemon encountered in any route or area.
a. Dupes Clause: A first encounter that is from the same evolutionary line as a previously caught pokemon will not count as a first encounter and cannot be caught.
b. Shiny Clause: Shinies can be caught freely ignoring other clauses.
2. If a pokemon faints, it is dead and will be permanently boxed in a designated pc box.
3. All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
4. Battle Style must be on set.
5. No items are allowed in battle except for Pokeballs and held items.
6. Level Limit based on highest level pokemon of each gym leader, for the elite four I took the average of each member's strongest pokemon including the champion (58).

- Started a New Game
- Named myself "Radd" and the Rival "Blue"
- Picked Azar the Charmander (Pallet Town)
- Defeated Blue First Battle
- Caught Skius the Pidgey (Route 1)
- Caught Gnaw the Rattata (Route 22)
- Caught Jazz the Weedle (Route 2)
- Caught Liberty the Caterpie (Viridian Forest)

The Introduction:
Pressing new game as I look at my precious file I'm about to lose was kinda hard but I managed to pass the first challenge of starting anew. I named myself "Radd" since Raddious doesn't fit, and I just named the rival "Blue". I picked Charmander just to make this harder for myself and named him "Azar". Azar is apparently a happy go lucky Jolly nature which is ok I guess even though it will weaken fire moves. Scratch to win against the first fight with Blue was my complex strategy that took hours to come up with. After that, I left pallet town to start my journey, until I turned around and delivered a parcel. THEN I started my journey...again.

4.gif

Azar the Charmander
Male
Level 7
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Blaze
No Held Item
- Ember
- Scratch
- Growl

Viridian City and Surroundings:
My first encounter on Route 1 ended up being a Pidgey which I caught without trouble. His name ended up being "Skius". Skius was a nice and basic bashful nature which is fine with me. Since there are only 4 encounters before Brock not counting the starter, I decided to just get them all out of the way now before fighting any trainers. After buying 6 more Pokeballs and 5 antidotes I headed west to Route 22 to get my next encounter. Please be mankey, please be mankey, please be mank- I got Rattata. "Gnaw" was hardy nature and luckily had the guts ability instead of Run Away. After being taught how to catch Pokemon by some random old man who likes coffee, I then went to route 2 where I was guaranteed to get a bug since I already had Pidgey and Rattata. After encountering and running away from a Pidgey due to Dupes Clause, I then encountered a Weedle. I named him "Jazz" because well, you probably already know why. He was Mild nature btw which basically just made him frailer than he already was. I then hopped into Viridian Forest and immediately encountered a Caterpie, RIP Pikachu. I named her "Liberty". Liberty was Sassy nature meaning she is slower than other already slow butterfrees, hooray.

4.gif

Azar the Charmander
Male
Level 7
No Held Item
- Ember
- Scratch
- Growl
16.gif

Skius the Pidgey
Male
Level 2
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Keen Eye
No Held Item
- Tackle
19.gif

Gnaw the Rattata
Male
Level 2
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Guts
No Held Item
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
13.gif

Jazz the Weedle
Male
Level 4
Nature: Mild
Ability: Shield Dust
No Held Item
- Poison Sting
- String Shot
10.gif

Liberty the Caterpie
Female
Level 3
Nature: Sassy
No Held Item
- Tackle
- String Shot

I know I haven't done much but I'm going to take a break for now. Depending on how I play later, I may edit this post or post a new one for the next update to follow the 24 hour double posting rule. Let me know what you guys think and any ideas or criticisms for both gameplay and presentation so far are welcome (you won't hurt my feelings I promise :happyazurill:).

Thanks for Reading!

Last edited:

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Good luck on your journey! I hope you manage to sit this one through and finish it ^^

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Good luck! I tried and failed a modified Wedlocke on LeafGreen, Misty and her Starmie did me in. So it can be a tough game for a *locke, especially with a level cap and set mode restriction (that I also used).

Raddious

Beginner Trainer
AKA
Radd
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
2552-4834-7457
IGN
Raddious
Chapter: Brock
@SkylarAlpha Thanks! I wasn't so sure I would get invested until I started playing today and what happens below happened. Now I can safely say I'm excited to keep playing :happyazurill:

@Calaf Yep! I'll do my best and I hope the luck comes through!

@icelandic Thanks for the luck and dang that sucks that Starmie got you. Hopefully I can avenge you and not lose to her myself :happyazurill:

Thanks for the replies guys, I saw the guy doing the White 2 Chesslocke do this so now I'm doing it to. Not really sure if his way was the standard format here or not. Thanks again!

- Defeated 2nd Blue Battle
- Liberty Died to a Bug Catcher
- Defeated Brock

Team after initial grinding

4.gif

Azar the Charmander
Male
Level 12
No Held Item
- Ember
- Scratch
- Growl
16.gif

Skius the Pidgey
Male
Level 7
No Held Item
- Tackle
- Sand Attack
19.gif

Gnaw the Rattata
Male
Level 7
No Held Item
- Quick Attack
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
14.gif

Jazz the Kakuna
Male
Level 7
No Held Item
- Poison Sting
- String Shot
- Harden
11.gif

Liberty the Metapod
Female
Level 7
No Held Item
- Tackle
- String Shot
- Harden

ALRIGHT, after all that grinding I'm ready for the Pokemon League! Watch out Lance here I co- What do you mean I can't pass without badges Blue? Fine then, I'm at least strong enough to at least take you out! Boss Battle Begin. Blue led with his Pidgey (L9), I led with Azar (L12). I started with ember taking it into the yellow, while Azar was met with a bunch of sand in the face. Ember luckily landed the second time and Blue's Pidgey went down. Next came Blue's Squirtle (L9). I decided to switch out into Jazz (7) to try to poison him. Jazz was hit by a POWERFUL tail whip as he entered the battlefield which softened him up a little. Blue's Squirtle hit Jazz with Tackle which Jazz took in stride and retaliated with Poison Sting which amazingly poisoned first try. Squirtle tackled again and this time Jazz was put into the dangerous yellow health. Jazz tried to use string shot to slow Squirtle down before switching but missed. I quickly told Blue to hold on a second as I looked up on Bulbapedia and found out that String Shot apparently has 95% accuracy, not 100%, after learning this new knowledge the battle continued. I switched Jazz out into Gnaw (7) who was met with a Tackle to the face. Still in the green, Gnaw used Quick attack to meet the Squirtle's next Tackle. The two clashed one more time with the same moves and after it seemed like Squirtle was still holding on, the poison caused him to falter and fall over fainted. Boss Battle End. Hope you guys liked that, I think I'm going to do something like this for all of the major battles in the game as they tend to be pretty exciting and the most difficult.

Well this is embarrassing, I intended to breeze through the rest of the trainers before Brock and just grind all 5 of my guys up to 14 and recap the team here, however a death has occurred against the second Bug Catcher in Viridian Forest. Against his leading level 7 Weedle I sent out Jazz trying to switch train the Kakuna, I then switched into Liberty because I didn't want to level up Azar(13) anymore for now and because Liberty had shed skin to fight against poison from Poison Sting. Anyway, one poison sting only did 3 damage so I thought I was fine and then a crit sent Liberty to half health. Thinking I could risk a couple more tackles before switching because I had already gotten crit and didn't think it likely to happen so soon again I tackled twice more. After Liberty's second tackle Poison Sting crit again leaving her at 2 hp, then of course Liberty was poisoned, and then shed skin didn't pop and Liberty fainted...wow. That was extremely unlucky and it kinda screwed up my second best mon to use against Brock.

As I buried Liberty these were the words I spoke over the grave. "Liberty I'm sorry that I put you at risk and cost you your life at such a young age. You were right in the middle of transforming to become one of the most beautiful Butterfree anyone has ever trained. I just want to say-" Suddenly Jazz popped out of his Pokeball and screeched. He was seething with rage. I wasn't sure how to react or what to do so I just watched. Jazz walked over to where Liberty was buried and stood there making sounds I could only describe as "Kakuna sounds". After a minute of that it just stood there silent. About 5 minutes later it turned around and silently hopped back into its Pokeball. "I will make sure Jazz doesn't meet the same fate, I promise." I then turned and never looked back.

Standing in front of Brock, my team after lots of training was as strong as they could be. It was time.

4.gif

Azar the Charmander
Male
Level 14
No Held Item
- Ember
- Metal Claw
- Scratch
- Growl
16.gif

Skius the Pidgey
Male
Level 14
No Held Item
- Gust
- Quick Attack
- Tackle
- Sand Attack
19.gif

Gnaw the Rattata
Male
Level 14
No Held Item
- Hyper Fang
- Quick Attack
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
15.gif

Jazz the Beedrill
Male
Level 14
No Held Item
- Fury Attack
- Poison Sting
- String Shot
- Harden

Boss Battle Begin. Geodude (12) and Azar (14) were each thrown into the rocky battlefield. Azar struck with a Metal Claw while Geodude used Defence Curl. Azar with the next metal claw tore the curled Geodude apart and KO'd it with a critical hit. Brock smirked and sent out Onix (14). "Good luck" I heard my opponent say as he commanded Onix to use Rock Tomb. Azar used Metal Claw seemingly doing no damage to the Onix and managed to just barely avoid the Rock Tomb. Scared of the powerful rock move, Azar growled at the Onix and then received another Rock Tomb, this one hitting hard just barely kept Azar above half health. I switched Azar out for Gnaw and Gnaw immediately reacted with lightning reflexes and dodged the oncoming Tackle attack from Onix. I then began my plan of weakening Onix with Tail whip while being protected by Azar's Growl. It was working great until on the third Tail Whip Onix used Bind trapping Gnaw in battle. After using one more Tail Whip, Gnaw was at half health and I decided it was time to counter-attack. Gnaw used Hyper Fang while Onix used Bind again. After both took damage, Onix released Gnaw from the bind. Seeing that Onix was 2 Hyper Fangs away from a KO I decided to keep Gnaw in to finish the battle. Onix used Bind and trapped Gnaw again meaning I had to stick with Gnaw for this fight and then Gnaw missed his Hyper Fang. Sweat dripped down the side of my face as Onix slammed into Gnaw with a Tackle attack while taking a Hyper Fang as well. Gnaw was now dangerously close to dying and Onix looked like it was at its limit as well. Noticing this I called for what might be Gnaw's last attack, Quick Attack. Before Onix had a chance to land the final blow, Gnaw immediately broke free and slammed into Onix sending it crashing down. It didn't get back up. Boss Battle End.

I had no idea that Gnaw himself would be the MVP of the fight, I kinda expected him to just weaken Onix and then Azar could finish it with Metal Claw. Either way, I'm extremely happy with how this turned out. I know this format of writing so far is kinda weird and all over the place but it's the result of me not really knowing what I'm doing or what I want to do. Anyway, comments and criticisms welcome.

11.gif

Liberty the Metapod
Female
Level 7
No Held Item
- Tackle
- String Shot
- Harden

Nothing yet

Thanks for Reading!

Last edited:

Raddious

Beginner Trainer
AKA
Radd
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
2552-4834-7457
IGN
Raddious
Chapter: Misty
- Caught Justice the Spearow (Route 3)
- Bought Whiskers the Magikarp (Route 4)
- Deposited Justice
- Caught Maxim the Paris (Mt. Moon)
- Azar evolved into Charmeleon
- Defeated Blue 3rd Battle
- Caught Psyche the Abra (Route 24)
- Caught Bloom the Oddish (Route 25)
- Skius evolved into Pidgeotto
- Caught Amulet the Meowth (Route 5)
- Got the amazing VS Seeker
- Gnaw evolved into Raticate
- Whiskers evolved into Gyarados
- Defeated Misty

Heading East to Route 3 I finally got the running shoes. Continuing on I encountered a female Spearow as my first encounter. She was a bashful nature (deja vu) and I named her "Justice". If anyone can figure out why I named her that, you can decide what I name the next mon I catch once I see your decided name. Then when I got to Route 4 which is where the entrance to Mt. Moon is I had a choice. I could buy the Magikarp in the Pokemon Center or encounter either a Mankey or Ekans in the grass outside of Mt. Moon (Ekans was much more likely). Because I really wanted a definite plan to use against Misty, I went ahead and purchased "Whiskers" the female Magikarp. She was a Mild Nature which is nice because it will boost her water moves. Before going in Mt. Moon I deposited Justice in the PC as she honestly is at this point just an alternative to Skius that hasn't been trained yet. I then ran inside Mt. Moon and was surprised to get Paras as a first encounter instead of a Geodude or Zubat. I named him "Maxim". He was ALSO Bashful. Skius, Justice, and Maxim would probably get along like geez. Anyway, Maxim's name is another reference just like Justice's that can be understood and then you can be given the ability to name one of my pokemon. I decided to do some training of Maxim and Whiskers before tackling Mt. Moon. After a VERY long grinding session of switching Whiskers into Maxim on Route 22, this was my current party.

4.gif

Azar the Charmander
Male
Level 15
No Held Item
- Ember
- Metal Claw
- Scratch
- Growl
16.gif

Skius the Pidgey
Male
Level 15
No Held Item
- Gust
- Quick Attack
- Tackle
- Sand Attack
19.gif

Gnaw the Rattata
Male
Level 15
No Held Item
- Hyper Fang
- Quick Attack
- Tackle
- Tail Whip
15.gif

Jazz the Beedrill
Male
Level 15
No Held Item
- Fury Attack
- Poison Sting
- String Shot
- Harden
129.gif

Whiskers the Magikarp
Female
Level 12
Ability: Swift Swim
No Held Item
- Splash
46.gif

Maxim the Paris
Male
Level 14
Ability: Effect Spore
No Held Item
- Scratch
- Bullet Seed
- Stun Spore
- Poison Powder

Going through Mt. Moon was easy and inside the cave, Azar evolved. Then it was time for the Nugget Bridge. Boss Battle Begin. Blue sent out Pidgeottto(17) and I sent Azar(18). Azar used Mega Kick and got blown back by a Gust after landing the attack. Then Pidgeotto with a burst of speed slammed into Azar again before getting hit by another Mega Kick knocking it out. Blue then sent out his ace, Squirtle(18). I switched Azar out for Maxim while Squirtle Withdrawed. Maxim then attacked with Bullet Seed while Squirtle continued to stay in its shell. Squirtle Tackled Maxim and then took one more Bullet Seed knocking it out. Blue then sent out his true Trump Card, Abra(16). It stood there while Blue screamed Teleport wondering why nothing was happening and why he pressed B when Abra was evolving. Blue then sent out his Rattata. He used Tail whip while Maxim Scratched it. They then clashed with a Scratch and Tackle. Except they didn't clash because Rattata missed. The final clash was between Scratch and Quick Attack and Rattata went down. Boss Battle End.

My first encounter on Route 24 was an Abra. RIP. Except my mind was blown when the Pokeball actually caught it. I named him "Psyche" and he's a Quiet nature. First encounter on Route 25 was Oddish and his name became "Bloom". He was a Timid nature which is pretty good. I then finished up the northern routes and did the Bill stuff. Skius evolved into Pidgeotto on the way. I was going to grind here but I remembered that I can skip Misty to fight more trainers and get the very amazing VS Seeker to use for training so that's what I did instead. My Route 5 encounter was Meowth who I named "Amulet". I couldn't get an encounter in the Route 6 grass due to Dupes Clause so I have to remember to come back for a water encounter instead. Anyway, lots of trainer battles and evolutions thanks to the VS seeker later, I was ready for Misty.

5.gif

Azar the Charmeleon
Male
Level 21
No Held Item
- Ember
- Metal Claw
- Mega Punch
- Mega Kick
17.gif

Skius the Pidgeotto
Male
Level 21
No Held Item
- Secret Power
- Quick Attack
- Gust
- Sand Attack
20.gif

Gnaw the Raticate
Male
Level 21
No Held Item
- Hyper Fang
- Quick Attack
- Scary Face
- Tail Whip
15.gif

Jazz the Beedrill
Male
Level 21
No Held Item
- Twineedle
- Poison Sting
- Fury Attack
- Harden
130.gif

Whiskers the Gyarados
Female
Level 21
No Held Item
- Tackle
- Bite
- Splash
46.gif

Maxim the Paris
Male
Level 21
No Held Item
- Scratch
- Bullet Seed
- Leech life
- Stun Spore

"I'm confident I can beat you with just one Pokemon." I told Misty as we were preparing to throw our Pokeballs. "Heh, we'll see about that." Boss Battle Begin. Misty threw out Staryu(18). I smirked and threw out my well earned and newly evolved pokemon, Whiskers(21). After a huge splash from Gyarados landing in the pool, the battle began. Gyarados tackled Staryu as it held on by hardening itself. Before Staryu could perform another action, Whiskers used Bite causing Staryu to flinch. Misty saw that another Bite would knock out Staryu and used a Super Potion, after which Staryu was bitten again. Another Bite brought Staryu down to critical condition again and instead of continuing to play defensive, Staryu actually attacked in Water Pulse. Whiskers not even realizing she got hit by the attack finished it off with another Bite. Misty then sent out her ace, Starmie. Starmie being faster than Whiskers hit her with a Swift while taking another Bite in retaliation. Starmie took the hit better than I expected but I still seemed to have the upper hand. Another Swift and Bite and now Starmie looked like it was in trouble while Whiskers, while weakened, had plenty left to go. They clashed with the same moves a third time and this time Starmie stayed down. Whisker let out a proud roar as I returned her into her Pokeball. "Wow! You're too much!" was all Misty could say after being defeated by my own water type in such an overpowering fashion. Boss Battle End.

21.gif

Justice the Spearow
Female
Level 6
No Held Item
- Peck
- Growl
63.gif

Psyche the Abra
Male
Level 10
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Inner Focus
No Held Item
- Teleport
43.gif

Bloom the Oddish
Male
Level 12
Nature: Timid
Ability: Chlorophyll
No Held Item
- Absorb
- Sweet Scent
52.gif

Amulet the Meowth
Female
Level 10
Nature: Careful
Ability: Pickup
No Held Item
- Scratch
- Growl
- Bite

11.gif

Liberty the Metapod
Female
Level 7
No Held Item
- Tackle
- String Shot
- Harden

Thanks For Reading!

Last edited:

Raddious

Beginner Trainer
AKA
Radd
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
2552-4834-7457
IGN
Raddious
Chapter: Lt. Surge
- Defeated Blue 4th Battle
- Caught Siesta the Drowzee (Route 11)
- Caught Digdug the Diglett (Diglett's Cave)
- Maxim evolved into Parasect
- Defeated Lt. Surge

After defeating Misty I headed over to the SS. Anne where I ran into Blue again. Boss Battle Begin. Blue threw out Pidgeotto (19) and I sent out Skius(22). The two clashed with Secret Power and Tackle, Skius clearly having the upper hand. Another Secret Power took out Blue's Pidgeotto before it could perform another action. Blue next sent out his Raticate(16). Skius used Secret Power while Raticate used a POWERFUL Tail Whip. Another Secret Power took Raticate out. Skius levelled up to 23 as Blue sent in Kadabra(18). Skius tried to use Secret Power but Kadabra used Disable before the move connected stopping Skius' attack. I switched Skius out for Azar who came into a Confusion attack. Azar retaliated with a Mega Kick being faster than even Kadabra knocking it out. Blue finally sent out his ace, Wartortle(20). I switched Azar for Whiskers who got hit by what felt like a tiny waterdrop to Whiskers. Both Pokemon attacked each other with Bite doing about equal damage due to Wartortle getting a critical hit. Whiskers then used Tackle while Wartortle used Withdraw. Switching back to Bite, this time Wartortle flinched after being hit. The two clashed with Bite two more times and it was clear who was winning. One more Bite from Whiskers and Wartortle went down. Boss Battle End.

I then went ahead and went to Route 11 to catch my first encounter "Siesta" the Drowzee. I also caught "Digdug" the Diglett in Diglett's Cave. Siesta was Bold nature and Digdug was Sassy nature. After clearing out the Route 11 trainers and just a tiny bit of VS Seeker usage, Maxim evolved and my team was ready for Lt. Surge.

5.gif

Azar the Charmeleon
Male
Level 24
No Held Item
- Ember
- Metal Claw
- Mega Punch
- Mega Kick
17.gif

Skius the Pidgeotto
Male
Level 24
No Held Item
- Secret Power
- Quick Attack
- Gust
- Sand Attack
20.gif

Gnaw the Raticate
Male
Level 24
No Held Item
- Hyper Fang
- Quick Attack
- Scary Face
- Tail Whip
15.gif

Jazz the Beedrill
Male
Level 24
No Held Item
- Twineedle
- Brick Break
- Poison Sting
- Cut
130.gif

Whiskers the Gyarados
Female
Level 24
No Held Item
- Water Pulse
- Bite
- Tackle
- Splash
47.gif

Maxim the Parasect
Male
Level 24
No Held Item
- Leech Life
- Bullet Seed
- Dig
- Stun Spore

Boss Battle Begin. Surge sent out Voltorb(21) and I sent out Maxim(24). Voltorb attacked first with a Sonic Boom that Maxim before he burrowed into the ground which helped him avoid the second Sonic Boom attack. Maxim ripped through the ground under Voltorb knocking it out. Surge next sent out his Pikachu(18). Maxim acted first this time going under the ground. Instead of attacking, this time Surge tried to avoid maxim by using Double Team. Pikachu managed to use Double Team a second time while Maxim was still underground. I got nervous realizing that their speed was identical and that Maxim would likely miss. Then Maxim ripped through the ground under one of the many Pikachu on the field and suddenly all of the Pikachu disappeared. Maxim had hit the right one on the first try. "Lucky break," Surge scoffed as he withdrew his Pikachu. "Go Raichu!" Raichu like Pikachu started with a Double Team while Maxim afterwards dug into the ground. Then Surge tried to be cheeky and ordered Raichu to fire off a Thunder Wave in the hole that Maxim dug. Instead of hitting the target, this clued Maxim to where Raichu was and landed another accurate hit despite there being so many decoys. Raichu was clearly weakened so Surge used a Super Potion as Maxim again burrowed into the ground. "Luck won't work this time," Surge half chuckled as he ordered Raichu to use a second Double Team while Maxim was still burrowing. "We'll see if its luck," I retorted as Maxim ripped out of the ground and once again accurately hit the correct Raichu. This time Maxim really made sure Raichu was done and landed a critical hit. Raichu stayed down and Surge just stood there "shocked". "Pure skill," I said as I took my badge and left. Once out of the Gym and earshot of Surge I burst into laughter due to how lucky I was during the entire fight. Boss Battle End.

I thought I should probably put a new section here where I kinda just talk about how I feel about my team so far. First is my starter Azar and I don't really have much to say about him, he's just a normal reliable starter as expected. Next is Skius who would kinda suck if it wasn't for me teaching him the Secret Power TM which I think works better with him than any other member of my team. I'm a little worried about Skius becoming redundant once Azar evolves but whatever, I intend to keep my current party as long as I can simply because I like them. Gnaw has been good since I caught him with powerful normal stab. Hyper Fang simply hits really hard and it's awesome. Jazz the Beedrill sucked until level 20 when Twin Needle made him actually usable. Also, I taught him Brick Break from the SS. Anne which does the same amount as Twin Needle when taking stab into account. I'm aware Beedrill sucks but he's doing better than I expected and I'm curious just how far I can make him last. Maxim also has been just barely usable until evolving into Parasect and now I already know what his final moveset will be which will be pretty useful. Slash, Dig, Giga Drain, and Spore. Excited to keep using this unorthodox grass type. My favourite member of the team is easily Whiskers because I've never actually used a Gyarados before and not only is she super cool and strong, but I'm especially attached because of how much grinding I did just to get her to evolve before Misty (After beating Surge my IGT is a little over 13 hours which is ridiculous). Overall the team is weird which I like and I intend to bring these six to the end of the game if I can. My biggest concern is that the entire team except Gnaw is weak to Rock but whatever I'll do my best. Wish my team luck!

21.gif

Justice the Spearow
Female
Level 6
No Held Item
- Peck
- Growl
63.gif

Psyche the Abra
Male
Level 10
No Held Item
- Teleport
43.gif

Bloom the Oddish
Male
Level 12
No Held Item
- Absorb
- Sweet Scent
52.gif

Amulet the Meowth
Female
Level 10
No Held Item
- Scratch
- Growl
- Bite
96.gif

Siesta the Drowzee
Female
Level 11
Nature: Bold
Ability: Insomnia
No Held Item
- Pound
- Hypnosis
- Disable
- Confusion
50.gif

Digdug the Diglett
Female
Level 17
Ability: Arena Trap
No Held Item
- Scratch
- Growl
- Magnitude
- Dig

11.gif

Liberty the Metapod
Female
Level 7
No Held Item
- Tackle
- String Shot
- Harden

Thanks For Reading!

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Already 3 gym badges under your belt ^^ I do like that you're going to keep all your team members and hope they last, although I do hope that doesn't come back to bite you. And yeah, the rock weakness on your team is there, but you do have ways to handle them on your team as well so.

Good luck on the rest of your journey!

Raddious

Beginner Trainer
AKA
Radd
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
2552-4834-7457
IGN
Raddious
Chapter: Erika

@SkylarAlpha Thanks for the luck! Right now Gyarados is my best option for Rock types because intimidate weakens their super effective attacks and Water Pulse can hurt them hard. Also Gnaw now has Dig which is really good considering he's the only one not weak to rock :happyazurill:

- Caught Jessie the Ekans (Route 9)
- Caught Bakugo the Voltorb (Route 10)
- Caught Gia the Geodude (Rock Tunnel)
- Defeated Blue 5th Battle
- Caught Rush the Growlithe (Route 8)
- Defeated Erika

After defeating Surge I made my way towards Lavender town. Along the way I caught "Jessie" the Gentle Ekans, "Bakugo" the Sassy Voltorb, and "Gia" the Mild Geodude. Arriving in Lavender town, I first headed to the pokemon tower where I encountered my rival Blue. Boss Battle Begin. Blue lead with Pidgeotto(25) and I lead with Azar(26). Azar landed a Mega Kick on the Pidgeotto and then received a Sand Attack to the eyes. Risking it, Azar went for another Mega Kick and managed to find his target taking down Pidgeotto. Blue next sent out Wartortle(25). I switched Azar out for Maxim(28). Wartortle used Withdraw as Maxim came in and again as it was hit 4 times by Bullet Seed. The next Bullet Seed landed a crit on the first hit and finished Wartortle off with the second. Blue sent Growlithe(23) out next. I switched Maxim out for Whiskers(27) who was hit by a tiny ember as she came into battle. A single Water Pulse easily took Growlithe out. Attempting to counter my water type, Blue next sent out Exeggcute. Whiskers used Bite and then before being able to finish off the Exeggcute, got hit by a Hypnosis. It took 4 commands for Whiskers to wake up and actually carry out the Bite attack, taking Confusions from Exeggcute the entire time. Blue then sent out his final pokemon, Kadabra(20). They attacked each other with a Bite and Confusion and the one with the advantage was clear. Whiskers went in for a second Bite KO'ing Kadabra. Boss Battle End.

I then made my way to Celadon, catching Rush the Hardy Growlithe along the way. I was already close to the level limit so after buying a couple TMs, I made my way to the gym. After taking out the gym trainers I decided I didn't need to perfectly have everyone perfectly at 29 so I started the battle with Erika with this team.

5.gif

Azar the Charmeleon
Male
Level 28
No Held Item
- Ember
- Brick Break
- Dig
- Mega Kick
17.gif

Skius the Pidgeotto
Male
Level 28
No Held Item
- Secret Power
- Wing Attack
- Quick Attack
- Sand Attack
20.gif

Gnaw the Raticate
Male
Level 29
No Held Item
- Secret Power
- Quick Attack
- Dig
- Hyper Fang
15.gif

Jazz the Beedrill
Male
Level 28
No Held Item
- Twineedle
- Brick Break
- Aerial Ace
- Cut
130.gif

Whiskers the Gyarados
Female
Level 28
No Held Item
- Secret Power
- Water Pulse
- Bite
- Dragon Rage
47.gif

Maxim the Parasect
Male
Level 28
No Held Item
- Bullet Seed
- Dig
- Spore
- Flash

Boss Battle Begin. Erika sent out Victreebel(29) and I sent out Gnaw(29). Erika noticed the electricity crackling off and around Gnaw and her face hardened. "Giga Drain!" "Secret Power!" After the moves clashed, the electricity moved over to Victreebel as well as still crackling through Gnaw. "Again! Secret Power!" Gnaw showing off his Guts, took down the Victreebel while it was still struggling with its paralysis. Erika next sent out Tangela(24). The two trainers called the exact same moves as the previous fight and the exact same outcome happened again. Tangela now paralyzed was struggling as another Secret Power was coming its way. Erika used a Full Heal to get rid of the paralysis but she didn't get rid of the Secret Power that slammed into Tangela knocking it out. Erika sent out her final pokemon, Vileplume(29). Getting nervous about how much more Gnaw could take, I switched him out for Skius(28). Skius came into a Giga Drain taking a 1/4 of his health. "Wing Attack!" "Stun Spore!" After a clean blow, Skius dodged the Stun Spore and swooped around for a second Wing Attack knocking Vileplume out. Boss Battle End.

In case anyone was confused about what happened during that battle, Gnaw was paralyzed by an earlier gym trainer and I kept it on him to abuse his Guts ability. I decided to try that before using my much more obvious grass counters for the gym and it worked way too well. Both Victreebel and Tangela got paralyzed due to the low chance of Secret Power paralyzing in buildings which was very lucky and made it seem storywise like Gnaw was transferring the paralysis to them. Anyway, I just closed it off with Skius not wanting to risk it anymore.

21.gif

Justice the Spearow
Female
Level 6
No Held Item
- Peck
- Growl
63.gif

Psyche the Abra
Male
Level 10
No Held Item
- Teleport
43.gif

Bloom the Oddish
Male
Level 12
No Held Item
- Absorb
- Sweet Scent
52.gif

Amulet the Meowth
Female
Level 10
No Held Item
- Scratch
- Growl
- Bite
96.gif

Siesta the Drowzee
Female
Level 11
No Held Item
- Pound
- Hypnosis
- Disable
- Confusion
50.gif

Digdug the Diglett
Female
Level 17
No Held Item
- Scratch
- Growl
- Magnitude
- Dig
23.gif

Jessie the Ekans
Female
Level 11
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Intimidate
No Held Item
- Wrap
- Leer
- Poison Sting
100.gif

Bakugo the Voltorb
Genderless
Level 17
Ability: Static
No Held Item
- Charge
- Tackle
- Screech
- Sonicboom
74.gif

Gia the Geodude
Female
Level 16
Ability: Sturdy
No Held Item
- Defense Curl
- Mud Sport
- Rock Throw
- Magnitude
58.gif

Rush the Growlithe
Male
Level 16
Ability: Flash Fire
No Held Item
- Bite
- Roar
- Ember
- Leer

11.gif

Liberty the Metapod
Female
Level 7
No Held Item
- Tackle
- String Shot
- Harden

Thanks For Reading!
*I'm not sure why this Oddish .gif was attached and I don't know how to remove it, if anyone knows how, let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:

Raddious

Beginner Trainer
AKA
Radd
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
2552-4834-7457
IGN
Raddious
Chapter: The Pokemon Tower
- Defeated Giovanni First Battle
- Caught Reaper the Gastly (Pokemon Tower)
- Got Eon the Eevee(Celadon City)
- Saved Mr. Fuji

Not looking forward to the huge amount of trainers I needed to face before I was ready for the next Gym, I decided to gamble all of my worries away at the Game Corner. I somehow ended up in a Team Rocket Hideout and the next thing I knew I was in front of this guy called Giovanni. "Is this where I can cash in my coins?" I asked as he stood up from his couch surprised I got past the guards. "No, your insolence is unbecoming. Prepare for a world of pain!" Boss Battle Begin. Onix(25) and Whiskers(29) were thrown out, completely crushing the table in the middle of the room and tearing through the roof going into the B3F because the two serpentine pokemon were just too big. Whiskers immediately got some more space by taking the Onix out with Water Pulse. Whiskers levelled up to level 30 and tried to learn a POWERFUL move: Leer. I "accidently" told the game to keep her moves the way they were and the battle continued. Next Rhyhorn(24) came...ok we both know Whiskers just destroyed it with Water Pulse. Giovanni's last pokemon was Kangaskhan(29). Secret Power and Mega Punch clashed and for the first time since evolving, Whiskers didn't have the upper hand. Dragon Rage and Mega Punch clashed this time and both pokemon weren't looking too good. Not wanting to risk Whiskers, I swapped her out for Azar planning to use Brick Break. The Mega Punch that hit Azar was a critical hit, killing him. I sent out Gnaw trying not to think about what just happened and had him use Secret Power. Kangaskhan retaliated with a Tail Whip. Once more Secret Power and Kangaskhan was down. Boss Battle End.

With a heavy heart, I exited the Rocket Hideout. I made my way to the Pokemon Tower in Lavender Town. I purchased a grave and buried Azar. "Azar, you were always happy, even at the end. In battle and in play you always had that big grin on your face. I thank you for leading the team up until now and for being my first partner. Goodbye."

Pretending I wasn't shaken, I withdrew Digdug into my party who I renamed to Molly because I wanted her name to not just be a reference/pun. I then tackled Pokemon Tower not bothering to train Molly and still trying to use her in battle. I caught a Gastly along the way but my carelessness was clear as I watched Molly die right in front of me to the enemy's Haunter. I was shaking and not thinking right and I knew it now. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed, shredding my throat as I sprinted out of the tower. I couldn't stop the tears and my vision blurred as I ran. I just kept running, I didn't know where but it didn't matter.

I woke up realizing it was night. I was in a field and was terribly disoriented. Memories rushing back, I again felt bitter. Suddenly my pokeballs started shaking. Gnaw, Skius, Whiskers, Jazz, and Maxim all came out of their pokeballs. Each one looked at me silently with a look of understanding yet filled with determination. Azar had lit a fire in each of my pokemon and it had not been put out despite his death. "I- I'm sorry guys." I choked tears returning. "I don't deserve such great Pokemon." Tears streaming as I began hugging each member. "And you all deserve better than this." Wiping my tears away I tried to smile but failed horribly. Apparently, the face I made was funny enough that Gnaw started snickering and the next thing I knew my whole team was laughing. "Haha, guys...hey." My eyes mirrored the look I was given before and my pokemon returned the same again. "Let's do this." They nodded and we all hung out around a campfire the rest night.

The next day with a new found passion I went back to Celadon to get my Lax Eevee who I named Eon. I next withdrew my next 6th pokemon picking Gia as she was my only other ground type who I needed to protect Whiskers from electric attacks as well as counter my huge Rock weakness. This time not being impatient I trained. I trained until everyone was caught up with each other and this was the new team.

17.gif

Skius the Pidgeotto
Male
Level 30
No Held Item
- Secret Power
- Wing Attack
- Quick Attack
- Fly
20.gif

Gnaw the Raticate
Male
Level 30
No Held Item
- Secret Power
- Quick Attack
- Dig
- Pursuit
15.gif

Jazz the Beedrill
Male
Level 30
No Held Item
- Twineedle
- Brick Break
- Aerial Ace
- Cut
130.gif

Whiskers the Gyarados
Female
Level 30
Item: Black Glasses
- Secret Power
- Water Pulse
- Bite
- Dragon Rage
47.gif

Maxim the Parasect
Male
Level 30
No Held Item
- Giga Drain
- Dig
- Spore
- Flash
75.gif

Gia the Graveler
Female
Level 30
No Held Item
- Rock Slide
- Dig
- Brick Break
- Secret Power

I then sieged the Pokemon Tower and saved Mr. Fuji easily getting through with my team members. I received the Poke Flute as a reward which allows me to wake up sleeping pokemon, including pesky Snorlax that like to block paths. Newfound strength, me and my team headed out ready for the second half of Kanto.

21.gif

Justice the Spearow
Female
Level 6
No Held Item
- Peck
- Growl
63.gif

Psyche the Abra
Male
Level 10
No Held Item
- Teleport
43.gif

Bloom the Oddish
Male
Level 12
No Held Item
- Absorb
- Sweet Scent
52.gif

Amulet the Meowth
Female
Level 10
No Held Item
- Scratch
- Growl
- Bite
96.gif

Siesta the Drowzee
Female
Level 11
No Held Item
- Pound
- Hypnosis
- Disable
- Confusion
23.gif

Jessie the Ekans
Female
Level 11
No Held Item
- Wrap
- Leer
- Poison Sting
100.gif

Bakugo the Voltorb
Genderless
Level 17
No Held Item
- Charge
- Tackle
- Screech
- Sonicboom
58.gif

Rush the Growlithe
Male
Level 16
No Held Item
- Bite
- Roar
- Ember
- Leer
92.gif

Reaper the Gastly
Male
Level 14
Nature: Naive
Ability: Levitate
No Held Item
- Hypnosis
- Lick
- Spite
- Curse
133.gif

Eon the Eevee
Male
Level 25
Nature: Lax
Ability: Run Away
No Held Item
- Helping Hand
- Sand-Attack
- Growl
- Quick Attack

11.gif

Liberty the Metapod
Female
Level 7
No Held Item
- Tackle
- String Shot
- Harden
5.gif

Azar the Charmeleon
Male
Level 30
No Held Item
- Ember
- Brick Break
- Dig
- Mega Kick
50.gif

Molly the Diglett
Female
Level 19
No Held Item
- Dig
- Magnitude
- Secret Power
- Rock Tomb

Thanks For Reading!

Last edited:

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
That battle against Giovanni was brutal. > < Losing your starter in a challenge run is always run.

Are you planning on training up the Growlithe in your PC to get another fire type? Or even Flareon is pretty good in these games with moves like Return, Dig and Shadow Ball which are all physical.

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Oh man, having two deaths so short after one another really sucks, especially if one is your starter. I've been there with that awful Kangaskhan, I hate that thing with a vengeance since my last Wedlocke on FireRed. Still, the rest of the team looks strong as ever. Keep it up! :)

Raddious

Beginner Trainer
AKA
Radd
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
2552-4834-7457
IGN
Raddious
Chapter: Revenge

@Kaori Having another Fire type would be nice as I typically like having a Grass, Water, and Fire Type but at least with the way my current team is, I needed to train Gia instead. I may train Flareon or Arcanine in the future but it depends on if anyone else dies and if having a Fire type is what I need. Thanks for the tips on moves for Flareon though!

@Calaf Thanks for the encouragement and don't worry about the Kangaskhan, just take a gander at the Chapter title :naughtyazurill:

- Caught Munchy the Snorlax (Route 12)
- Caught Spore the Venonat (Route 13)
- Caught Hydra the Doduo (Route 17)
- Defeated Blue 6th Battle
- Received Harmony the Lapras (Silph. Company)
- Defeated Giovanni 2nd Battle

From Lavender Town, I headed South down Route 12 taking out trainers as I went. I ran into a Naughty Snorlax along the way who I captured after waking it up with my new Pokeflute. I continued through Routes 12-15 taking out the rest of the trainers to arrive at Fuchsia City. Along the way I also caught Spore the Serious Venonat on Route 13. There I took a pitstop at the pokemon center and also used the move deleter to remove my no longer needed HM moves on Jazz and Maxim. I then continued to go West from Fuchsia to Routes 18, 17 and 16 defeated all of the trainers there as well as took out the other Snorlax as it was a Dupes Clause. I ended up catching an Adamant Doduo on Route 17 who is easily a potentially powerful member. I didn't bother getting an encounter on every route I could because I really didn't need to and it was all too easy to not run into the grass or fish with the Super Rod. So I next headed over to Saffron and went into the Silph Company. As if I had already navigated the area before, I went straight to the 5th floor to grab the Card Key and then went back to the bottom floor systematically defeating every Rocket Grunt on each floor, ignoring the teleporting panels. After I had defeated all of the Grunts, I went back to the third floor and stepped on a teleporter taking me straight to my Rival Blue. After all of the battles, my team had levelled up quite a bit and I was confident and ready to take on my Rival.

18.gif

Skius the Pidgeot
Male
Level 38
No Held Item
- Return
- Wing Attack
- Featherdance
- Fly
20.gif

Gnaw the Raticate
Male
Level 37
No Held Item
- Secret Power
- Dig
- Pursuit
- Thunder Wave
15.gif

Jazz the Beedrill
Male
Level 37
No Held Item
- Twineedle
- Brick Break
- Aerial Ace
- Hyper Beam
130.gif

Whiskers the Gyarados
Female
Level 38
- Secret Power
- Water Pulse
- Bite
- Dragon Rage
47.gif

Maxim the Parasect
Male
Level 37
No Held Item
- Slash
- Giga Drain
- Dig
- Spore
75.gif

Gia the Graveler
Female
Level 37
No Held Item
- Rock Slide
- Dig
- Brick Break
- Secret Power

Boss Battle Begin. Blue sent out Pidgeot(37) and I sent out Gia(37). Wing Attack and Rock Slide clashed and with a critical hit, Pidgeot went down in one blow. Blue didn't hesitate to throw out his ace, Blastoise(40), next. I switched Gia out for Maxim(37) and came into a POWERFUL Water Gun attack. It actually was more powerful than expected because it was a Critical hit. Blastoise used Bite and Maxim retaliated with Spore. Blastoise took a Giga Drain while it was asleep and Blue switched Blastoise out before it could take a second going into Growlithe(38). I switched Maxim out for Whiskers(38) who took a Flame Wheel coming in. Water Pulse and Take Down clashed with Growlithe just barely still able to stand. Another Water Pulse finished the job, Blue next sent in Exeggcute(35). Whiskers used Secret Power, paralyzing the foe while Exeggcute paralyzed Whiskers back with Stun Spore. Next, a Bite finished Exeggcute off. Alakazam(35) was the next opponent. Alakazam used Future Sight while Whiskers used Secret Power. Alakazam luckily used a second Future Sight and took another Secret Power as punishment. Lastly, Blue sent in his sleeping Blastoise. While it was still asleep, Whiskers used Secret Power and took the Future Sight from Alakazam. I then switched into Maxim while Blastoise was still sleeping. Because Blastoise was faster and I was nervous about it, I used Spore but it kept sleeping. I tried again and Blastoise did wake up using Bite. Maxim's Effect Spore actually put it to sleep as Maxim flinched. Whatever works right? Maxim finished off the sleeping Blastoise with two more Giga Drains. Boss Battle End.

I received a Calm Lapras from a Silph Employee who I named "Harmony". After healing at the Pokemon Center, I made my way back into Silph for the real reason I was there, for revenge. "Ah, Radd! So we meet again! You need to learn to keep your nose out of grown-up matters... Or, experience a world of Pain!" Boss Battle Begin. Nidorino (37) and Whiskers(38) were sent out. Water Pulse and Fury Attacked clashed being close to equally matched. "Water Pulse!" "Poison Sting." "Water Pulse!" "Fury Attack." Nidorino was weakened. "Water Pulse!" "..." Nidorino was taken out. Whiskers roared, levelling up to 39. Next came Rhyhorn(37). Water Pulse took care of it in one hit. Finally, Kangaskhan(35) was sent out. I switched Whiskers for Gia(37) and she took a Rage which she didn't seem to notice. "Mega Punch." "Brick Break!" "Tail Whip." "Brick Break!" Kangaskhan looked about ready to fall over. "Rage!" "Brick Break!" With the clash of the moves, Kangaskhan went down. "Yes!" "The battle's not over yet." Giovanni smirked as he sent out his true ace, Nidoqueen(41). I switched out into Whiskers who took a critical hit Body Slam. I winced as I saw just how close Whiskers had been to dying. I then switched again into Skius(38) who came into a Tail Whip. "Feather Dance!" "Poison Sting!" No poison. "Return!" "Double Kick!" "Return!" "Poison Sting!" This time, Skius ended up poisoned but Nidowueen didn't look like it could take another hit. Giovanni sighed as Skius slammed into Nidoqueen with a final Return knocking it out. Boss Battle End. Furious and yelling less than savory words like "Blast", Giovanni walked away. After receiving the Master Ball and healing at the Pokemon Center I remembered I was travelling through the region to collect Gym Badges, not destroy Team Rocket. I then set off to train and defeat the leaders of Fuchsia and Saffron.

21.gif

Justice the Spearow
Female
Level 6
No Held Item
- Peck
- Growl
63.gif

Psyche the Abra
Male
Level 10
No Held Item
- Teleport
43.gif

Bloom the Oddish
Male
Level 12
No Held Item
- Absorb
- Sweet Scent
52.gif

Amulet the Meowth
Female
Level 10
No Held Item
- Scratch
- Growl
- Bite
96.gif

Siesta the Drowzee
Female
Level 11
No Held Item
- Pound
- Hypnosis
- Disable
- Confusion
23.gif

Jessie the Ekans
Female
Level 11
No Held Item
- Wrap
- Leer
- Poison Sting
100.gif

Bakugo the Voltorb
Genderless
Level 17
No Held Item
- Charge
- Tackle
- Screech
- Sonicboom
58.gif

Rush the Growlithe
Male
Level 16
No Held Item
- Bite
- Roar
- Ember
- Leer
92.gif

Reaper the Gastly
Male
Level 14
No Held Item
- Hypnosis
- Lick
- Spite
- Curse
133.gif

Eon the Eevee
Male
Level 25
Ability: Run Away
No Held Item
- Helping Hand
- Sand-Attack
- Growl
- Quick Attack
143.gif

Munchy the Snorlax
Male
Level 30
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Thick Fat
No Held Item
- Headbutt
- Yawn
- Rest
- Snore
48.gif

Spore the Venonat
Male
Level 26
Nature: Serious
Ability: Compound Eyes
No Held Item
- Supersonic
- Confusion
- Poisonpowder
- Leech Life
84.gif

Hydra the Doduo
Male
Level 26
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Early Bird
No Held Item
- Pursuit
- Fury Attack
- Tri Attack
- Rage
131.gif

Harmony the Lapras
Female
Level 25
Nature: Calm
Ability: Water Absorb
No Held Item
- Mist
- Body Slam
- Confuse Ray
- Perish Song

11.gif

Liberty the Metapod
Female
Level 7
No Held Item
- Tackle
- String Shot
- Harden
5.gif

Azar the Charmeleon
Male
Level 30
No Held Item
- Ember
- Brick Break
- Dig
- Mega Kick
50.gif

Molly the Diglett
Female
Level 19
No Held Item
- Dig
- Magnitude
- Secret Power
- Rock Tomb

Thanks For Reading!

Last edited:

Raddious

Beginner Trainer
AKA
Radd
Time Zone
Eastern Standard Time
3DS FC
2552-4834-7457
IGN
Raddious
Chapter: Twin Badges
- Received Leo the Hitmonlee (Saffron City)
- Caught Rai the Rhyhorn (Safari Zone)
- Defeated Koga
- Defeated Sabrina

I'm starting to get tired of writing out this in-between stuff before the boss battles lol. I defeated all of the gym trainers in both the Fuchsia and Saffron gyms as well as defeated the Fighting Dojo to receive Leo the Bashful Hitmonlee. I then did a little training to level my team up to 41 so that I could fight both Gym Leaders without worrying about going over the level limit in one of the fights. I then went to the Safari Zone in Fuchsia where I caught Rai the Bashful Rhyhorn who luckily didn't run away, got Surf, and then through the Gold Teeth, got Strength as well. Here is my team as I was ready to battle Koga.

18.gif

Skius the Pidgeot
Male
Level 41
No Held Item
- Return
- Fly
- Steel Wing
- Featherdance
20.gif

Gnaw the Raticate
Male
Level 41
No Held Item
- Strength
- Dig
- Super Fang
- Thunder Wave
15.gif

Jazz the Beedrill
Male
Level 41
No Held Item
- Twineedle
- Brick Break
- Aerial Ace
- Hyper Beam
130.gif

Whiskers the Gyarados
Female
Level 41
- Secret Power
- Surf
- Bite
- Dragon Rage
47.gif

Maxim the Parasect
Male
Level 41
No Held Item
- Slash
- Giga Drain
- Dig
- Spore
75.gif

Gia the Graveler
Female
Level 41
No Held Item
- Rock Slide
- Dig
- Brick Break
- Secret Power

Boss Battle Begin. Koga leads with Koffing(37) as I lead with Gia(41). Rockslide did solid damage while Toxic badly poisoned Gia. Koga used a Hyper Potion as another Rock Slide hit Koffing. Secret Power next finished it off. Koga sent Muk(39) in next. I swapped to Whiskers(41) due to the poison starting to stack up. I wasn't paying attention to what Muk did as Whiskers came in but I believe it was either Minimize, Screech, or Acid Armor as there hadn't been any damage done. Whiskers used Secret Power as Muk used Minimize. Whiskers used Secret Power again as Muk used Acid Armor. Whiskers finished Muk off with Dragon Rage. Koffing(37) was next. Surf and Smokescreen were each used. Next Koga used a Hyper Potion as Surf hit Koffing again. The third Surf finished the job, somehow not missing due to the smokescreen. Finally the ace, Weezing was thrown out. I switched into Jazz(41) who got hit by Sludge. Jazz used Hyper Beam but missed and got hit by Sludge. Jazz used Aerial Ace next getting a crit and Weezing retaliated with its own critical hit Sludge. I was surprised to see Jazz suddenly fall and not get back up. "What?...WHAT???" "HOW!???" I remembered the promise to Liberty and was now furious. I sent Whiskers back in and spammed Dragon Rage. Whiskers only got hit by one Sludge attack poisoning her, but she kept raging feeding off of my own rage and knocked Weezing out. Boss Battle End.

I was upset, but with some time to cool down, I was fine. I gave Jazz a proper farewell as he really had gone far and moved on. Sighing, I needed to choose a pokemon to replace Jazz and in the end, I had to choose between Eon the Eevee to evolve into Flareon or Flash the Growlithe to use Arcanine. I ended up choosing Eon as I wanted him to be able to use Shadow Ball and be my psychic slayer as Flareon's Sp. Def is pretty high. I also just haven't used a Flareon and wanted to use a different fire type than the norm. I then trained up my new party to level 43 for Sabrina and was ready to battle.

18.gif

Skius the Pidgeot
Male
Level 43
No Held Item
- Return
- Fly
- Steel Wing
- Featherdance
20.gif

Gnaw the Raticate
Male
Level 43
No Held Item
- Strength
- Dig
- Super Fang
- Thunder Wave
130.gif

Whiskers the Gyarados
Female
Level 43
- Secret Power
- Surf
- Bite
- Dragon Rage
47.gif

Maxim the Parasect
Male
Level 43
No Held Item
- Slash
- Giga Drain
- Dig
- Spore
75.gif

Gia the Graveler
Female
Level 43
No Held Item
- Rock Slide
- Dig
- Brick Break
- Secret Power
136.gif

Eon the Flareon
Male
Level 43
No Held Item
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Dig
- Quick Attack

Boss Battle Begin. Kadabra(38) and Eon(43) were sent out. Kadabra used Calm Mind but Eon knocked it out with Shadow Ball. Next was Mr. Mime(37) who was knocked out by Shadow Ball before it could even attack. Next Venomoth(38) got charred by Flamethrower, again before it could attack. Finally, Alakazam(43) came out and used Psychic dealing a little over half to Eon, then Shadowball knocked it out. Boss Battle End.

Welp, I think I made the right choice of which Pokemon to use next :cheekyazurill:

21.gif

Justice the Spearow
Female
Level 6
No Held Item
- Peck
- Growl
63.gif

Psyche the Abra
Male
Level 10
No Held Item
- Teleport
43.gif

Bloom the Oddish
Male
Level 12
No Held Item
- Absorb
- Sweet Scent
52.gif

Amulet the Meowth
Female
Level 10
No Held Item
- Scratch
- Growl
- Bite
96.gif

Siesta the Drowzee
Female
Level 11
No Held Item
- Pound
- Hypnosis
- Disable
- Confusion
23.gif

Jessie the Ekans
Female
Level 11
No Held Item
- Wrap
- Leer
- Poison Sting
100.gif

Bakugo the Voltorb
Genderless
Level 17
No Held Item
- Charge
- Tackle
- Screech
- Sonicboom
58.gif

Rush the Growlithe
Male
Level 16
No Held Item
- Bite
- Roar
- Ember
- Leer
92.gif

Reaper the Gastly
Male
Level 14
No Held Item
- Hypnosis
- Lick
- Spite
- Curse
143.gif

Munchy the Snorlax
Male
Level 30
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Thick Fat
No Held Item
- Headbutt
- Yawn
- Rest
- Snore
48.gif

Spore the Venonat
Male
Level 26
Nature: Serious
Ability: Compound Eyes
No Held Item
- Supersonic
- Confusion
- Poisonpowder
- Leech Life
84.gif

Hydra the Doduo
Male
Level 26
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Early Bird
No Held Item
- Pursuit
- Fury Attack
- Tri Attack
- Rage
131.gif

Harmony the Lapras
Female
Level 25
Nature: Calm
Ability: Water Absorb
No Held Item
- Mist
- Body Slam
- Confuse Ray
- Perish Song
106.gif

Leo the Hitmonlee
Male
Level 25
Ability: Limber
No Held Item
- Rolling Kick
- Jump Kick
- Brick Break
- Focus Energy
111.gif

Rai the Rhyhorn
Female
Level 25
Ability: Rock Head
No Held Item
- Tail Whip
- Stomp
- Fury Attack
- Scary Face

11.gif

Liberty the Metapod
Female
Level 7
No Held Item
- Tackle
- String Shot
- Harden
5.gif

Azar the Charmeleon
Male
Level 30
No Held Item
- Ember
- Brick Break
- Dig
- Mega Kick
50.gif

Molly the Diglett
Female
Level 19
No Held Item
- Dig
- Magnitude
- Secret Power
- Rock Tomb
15.gif

Jazz the Beedrill
Male
Level 41
No Held Item
- Twineedle
- Brick Break
- Aerial Ace
- Hyper Beam

Thanks For Reading!

SAF

Second Violinist
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
Sania
Time Zone
+7 GMT
IGN
Sayo, Koh, Ami, Aevia, Chitose
Guess you'll need to apologize to both Jazz and Liberty for this one. Breaking the promise, I mean. :cryingazurill:

On the bright side, kudos to Eon for soloing Sabrina big time. :yayazurill::hearteyesazurill: