My glasses! I can't see without my glasses!

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
For a lot of us, our eyesight deteriorates to the point where we need corrective lenses to be able to actually see things clearly again. Do you need glasses? If yes, do you wear glasses and/or contacts? How long have you needed them for? Do you enjoy wearing them? Are you able to still see decently without them, or are you as blind as a bat without them? Do you want (or have you got) laser eye surgery to correct your vision? If you don't need glasses, do you wish you wore them?

Wren

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
My eyesight started worsening when I was in high school, and I got glasses in college. I can see fine without them, just not as well as I used to. I always drive with my glasses because I would have trouble reading certain street signs otherwise.

Contacts just sound like a major inconvenience, so I'd rather not try.

shhmew

❤ ❤ ❤
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Katey
ya i need glasses. my eyesight has been getting worse for the past 4 yrs but i'm afraid to go to an eyedoctor hahahahaha. at this point i cannot see menus n street signs n ****. i will get my eyes looked at eventually.....

DeepSeaPrincess

Pretty Voice
AKA
Athena, Any variant of that
Time Zone
PST
3DS FC
0920-1282-6394
IGN
Athena/Sirena Usually
I have terrible nearsightedness, I can't see very far before it gets fuzzy. Think I got glasses at like 10...? No, probably closer to 8. I can see well enough to go about life but not drive or anything like that, and it'll get worse because genetics with age. I hate glasses though, so I wear contacts, which I like a lot better. My glasses pinched my nose, and I really don't think I look good in them, so I'm very happy to not have to deal with that and see!
I wanna get surgery someday, but since it's so expensive and I have more immediately important medical stuff I have to wait a while more:(

Last edited:

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
I've needed glasses since I was 9/10. I can see okay without them, but it is fuzzy.

I've been wearing them for so long that I don't notice them most of the time.

BasedJarrod

The Ruler of Space and Time
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Jarrod
I’ve needed glasses since I was 8 (I’m now 20). Sometimes I enjoy glasses, but as of 2017 I’ve started wearing contacts and I prefer those greatly. But when I’m older I’m for sure considering Lasik eye surgery so I won’t need any optical enhancements.

I’m blind as **** without them rn lol

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
I've had glasses since I was in primary school, roughly 8/9 years old. I knew I needed them when I couldn't read the spelling list on the board. My eyesight was probably deteriorating around 7 and I was too scared to admit it.

I wear ortho-k contacts, so aside from the very occasional discomfort if they shift in my eyes at night, I get perfect vision for two whole days. My eyes have gotten so much better ever since I started wearing these and taking care of my eyes.

Thundawave

♪ Aroma White ♪
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Thunda, Regine
Time Zone
EST
3DS FC
4184-1904-4290
Switch FC
SW-2896-2294-7693
IGN
Regine
”I wear glasses to see the board”

^what I always say. I started needing them in junior year of high school. I don’t enjoy wearing glasses unless I absolutely need to, so I only wear them in class. Thankfully my eyes aren’t messed up enough to require wearing them all day.

Deva

"Regular" Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
US Eastern Time
3DS FC
4210-4539-8161
IGN
Deva
Wears glasses. Wants nothing to do with contact lenses.

Needed them since about fourteen years old. Could not read the whiteboard from the back of the classroom.

Feels indifferent about them. Might be interfering with others' ability to interpret facial expressions, however. Potentially contributed to using more overblown expressions.

Functions well enough without them.

Kaori

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
I'm as blind as a mole without my glasses.

I've had them since 7th grade, but my vision was already getting worse during 5th and 6th grade.

When I first started wearing glasses, I went with frameless ones because I hated how glasses looked on me. However, as I grew older I realized that frames actually go way better with my face shape and pale skin tone. Now I like myself better with glasses because it gives some color to my face. I also enjoy picking frames that fit well with my eyes.

Have never tried contacts but considering it takes me 10+ attempts to use eye drops every time I need them, they're probably not for me.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Had glasses since I was five. Can't read a damn thing without them, also near-sighted so I can't see anything more than a foot or two from my face without them. Don't have the hand eye coordination for contact lenses.

Moxie

Veteran Ditz
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Daam
Okay so I got my glasses kind of late. When I was around 14-15 Ithink and I probably could have avoided it I think. I have gotten really used to my frames, but like to not wear them if I don't have to, but most of the time they're on me

Considering contacts, but not really sure yet. My dad hasn't exactly vouched for it

Stralend

Dreamer of Faith
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Star; Sara;
Time Zone
GMT + 1
3DS FC
5413-1220-4222
eeehmm, I don't know any better than to have glasses, I got them when I was around 6-7 years old? And I've had them ever since. I got them because I just got a lot of headaches watching the black board and all.. yay..

I've never considered contacts, I think they're very useless for me as I swim too much. I would just lose them when I jump into the water and all. I just use my glasses while teaching swimming and can just stand in the water and all, and do crazy stuff, but that means I only have to dive to my glasses sometimes hehehe.

Zedark

Sloooooooowbroooooooo
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Alex
Time Zone
GMT
I've had glasses since I was about 5 or 6 I guess. i always needed them but my parents always just thought I was clumsy. I wore contact all through high school but they were never comfortable so I've just wore glasses these past couple of years. They're really annoying me these days though.

Rydia

ΦωΦ
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Unyielding Wings
AKA
Brian
Time Zone
PST
I haven't had the need to wear glasses yet, but my eyesight has been going to **** in the last few years. I can sit in the middle of the lecture hall and barely be able to read what's on the board. I can barely even tell the difference between a = and - on a PowerPoint. I recently got my driver license renewed tho and I didnt fail any of the eyesight tests so yay me?

Don't use your phone in bed super close to your face when it's dark, kids.

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
Hoo boy my vision sure isn't great. I do need glasses and I wear them if I have to go anywhere but otherwise I don't. I feel like I can see shapes at a decent distance but the detail of anything just blurs away.
I'm also colourblind and don't do dark reds and greens very well.
And I'm photosensetive.
My eyes are awful.

Dregran

Shocking Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC +10
I don't need glasses.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
I've had glasses since I was 10. I clearly remember this, as I wasn't allowed to have any that weren't from the kids section until I was 11, so I had to have lame frames for a year.
But yeah, my eyesight's been getting worse over time. I can see basicly what's there, but small stuff like writing become a blur unless it's pressed almost literally up to my nose.

Still annoyed that there are no round frames available. You'd think Harry Potter would have made them be in higher demand. Square frames don't suit me at all, so I've got oval-ish ones and I just want my round glasses like Daniel Jackson! :<

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
I've had glasses since I was 10. I clearly remember this, as I wasn't allowed to have any that weren't from the kids section until I was 11, so I had to have lame frames for a year.
But yeah, my eyesight's been getting worse over time. I can see basicly what's there, but small stuff like writing become a blur unless it's pressed almost literally up to my nose.

Still annoyed that there are no round frames available. You'd think Harry Potter would have made them be in higher demand. Square frames don't suit me at all, so I've got oval-ish ones and I just want my round glasses like Daniel Jackson! :<
wait...
I saw a round frame while I was getting new glasses, and that was this year...

la confusion

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
Don't use your phone in bed super close to your face when it's dark, kids.
Fun fact: Looking at your phone/watching TV in the dark actually doesn't give your eyes any long-term damage whatsoever. Neither does sitting too close to the TV. At most it will just temporarily strain your eyes or give you a headache.