My introduction

monandd

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
UTC-4:00
Hello everyone!

I'm monandd, a 23yo Pokémon fan from somewhere in Latinamerica. I stumbled uppon the website & forum, and chose to join because... well, it's been too long since I've been involved in the Pokémon community (at least 8 years and under a different pseudonym), and I kinda miss that. I've also recently started (re)playing some Pokémon games, and it's been really fun!

If you want to know anything else, just ask. Hope to have a great time here!

gylfie

Hey welcome! I feel like now is as good a time as any to jump into a community and make friends online with everything that's going on eheh,,

What's your favourite part about the games? (like collecting, battling etc)

I hope you enjoy your time here (:

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Hi there, monandd! Welcome to the forums! Pokemon always makes for great community, regardless of how long you've been around. I noticed in another thread that your first game was Gold! Mine was actually Heartgold (I'm only 20 heh) but I love Typhlosion just the same! Could you tell?

I'd love to chat with you sometime about where you're from! As an aspiring Spanish speaker, I think it would be very nice to hear more about that.

monandd

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Hey welcome! I feel like now is as good a time as any to jump into a community and make friends online with everything that's going on eheh,,

What's your favourite part about the games? (like collecting, battling etc)

I hope you enjoy your time here (:
Thanks! :) And yeah! I've actually thought about it for a while, but the fact that most Pokémon communities have left forums besides or have disappeared (at least the ones I remember from my teenage years) had stopped me until now.

I really like collecting and training my Pokémon! I'm not that into competitive battling, but it's really nice too. And I'm a big nerd for Pokémon "history", exploring the games' narrative as deep as I can. I'm an aspiring/on-the-works writer, so that aspect of Pokémon really interests me.

Hi there, monandd! Welcome to the forums! Pokemon always makes for great community, regardless of how long you've been around. I noticed in another thread that your first game was Gold! Mine was actually Heartgold (I'm only 20 heh) but I love Typhlosion just the same! Could you tell?

I'd love to chat with you sometime about where you're from! As an aspiring Spanish speaker, I think it would be very nice to hear more about that.
Thanks, and yay for Typhlosion! <3 And sure, let's chat some time! I'm from the lost-and-forgotten land of Venezuela (hopefully moving somewhere else after I graduate from college). I can help you with your Spanish any time you want!

---

Thank you both for your welcome <3

ZxCv

Beginner Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT (Greenwich Mean Time, London & Dublin)
Welcome to the forum!

I really like collecting and training my Pokémon! I'm not that into competitive battling, but it's really nice too. And I'm a big nerd for Pokémon "history", exploring the games' narrative as deep as I can. I'm an aspiring/on-the-works writer, so that aspect of Pokémon really interests me.
Hey, I'm very much the same! Although in my case, I'm interested in how a Pokémon world would theoretically work as a society and how it developed within the lore. What are the politics, what are the rules, what are the environmental + other challenges this region faces, who leads this region? At some point I do want to hammer out and get my thoughts on to a screen, so hearing you're interested in the historical narratives and whatnot has motivated me some more!

Typhlosion

Flaming Torch
Rainbow Rocket Executive
Cult Classic
AKA
Ben, A_T
Time Zone
US Central (GMT -6:00)
3DS FC
2724-0144-2557
IGN
Ben
Welcome to the forum!

Hey, I'm very much the same! Although in my case, I'm interested in how a Pokémon world would theoretically work as a society and how it developed within the lore. What are the politics, what are the rules, what are the environmental + other challenges this region faces, who leads this region? At some point I do want to hammer out and get my thoughts on to a screen, so hearing you're interested in the historical narratives and whatnot has motivated me some more!
That's another thing we'd have in common! Being a Pokémon fan and and seeing a fanfiction event on this site several years ago was what first inspired me to try writing.

monandd, ¿cuál tema estudias en la universidad? ¿Sabes adonde querrías ir después?

monandd

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Welcome to the forum!

Nicee! I'm really, really excited about all that you mention :D And these days I've been (re-)reading on some Pokémon articles and stuff I had saved, about the lore and narrative details. Might start a thread or two on the forums soon, if I can order my thoughts a bit.

(...)

monandd, ¿cuál tema estudias en la universidad? ¿Sabes adonde querrías ir después?
¡Estudio Ciencias e Ingeniería de la Computación! Después de graduarme, me gustaría ir a Estados Unidos o Europa, aunque no estoy seguro.