My Leaf Green Time Warp Challenge

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
I'm going to get back to my scramble at some point don't worry

You know what happens when I see a new challenge that I don't recognise?
I look it up to see the rules then go do it if I deem it simple enough

So here we are! My Leaf Green Time Warp Challenge!

You may only trade in order to evolve your Pokemon.
Legendary and Mythical Pokemon are not allowed.
Ultra Beasts are not allowed.
Hacking/cheating is not allowed.
[Emergency Supplies][For eras that ban the use of PokeMarts] You may buy Pokeballs for the purpose of catching HM buddies. You may purchase 10 Full Restores and 10 Max Revives prior to facing the Elite Four.
[Lucky Strike] You may use the Game Corner in any game in order to obtain Pokemon or TMs but you may only purchase 40% of the coins required for your desired prize. You must earn the rest by using the mini games provided by each Game Corner. [NOT applicable to Mobster Mania]
The challenge ends when you defeat the Champion in the game of your choice. [Defeat Red in all the Johto games, Steven in Emerald, AZ in X/Y]

Which era am I doing exactly?

...well I'm going to play all regions of this challenge eventually with different eras(I hope), but I'm starting off with the

Renaissance Era
Era Types:
(only cute ones),
types from the Fairy Egg Group
Mandatory Pokemon:
Kanto: Ditto
Banned Types:

Era Rules: You may use any market (like Slateport Market)/ herb shop and may only use Department Stores to purchase TMs.
Extra/ Johto game rules: After obtaining your 3rd badge/ completing your 3rd trial/ reaching Kanto, you may add
and
types to your team.

Ya got it?
Awesome :)
Gonna set up my first update post later

Vivid Stardust

~ Like Stars In The Sky ~
AKA
Vivid, Apollo
Heck yeah, more time warps! I’m curious to see if you’ll allow yourself to use Squirtle, since Squirtle is relatively cute (although the rest of the line is not, no offense). I’m glad you’re able to use Flying and Normal types in this run; not being able to use Normal types tends to make the early game hard in most regions. Good luck, and I’m looking forward to your run!

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
GMT+1
Sounds like an interesting challenge, I'll be following along! Using Ditto might be difficult, but then again, what good challenge isn't a little difficult? At least it won't appear until Cinnabar. Either way, good luck!

Rainbow Rocket Grunt

Team Rocket Grunt
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Aimee, Lulu, LuluRina, Rina, ALL HAIL GIOVANNI!
Time Zone
GMT+11
IGN
Lulu
@Pendraflare I've never actually used Ditto before, so I'm interested in how it would play

@Vivid Stardust I've decided that I'm allowed to use Squirtle as long as I don't evolve him, and I have a very narrow list of normal type pokemon I can catch tbh

@Cynical_Toast ...wait is it that bad? xD

@Calaf Exactly! Challenges are supposed to be difficult!

@Everyone Thank you for your support!

Immediately after starting the game I decided to have everyone's names after people from the irl Renaissance Era

And to share facts about them that I cped from online sites bc why not?

So I chose my gender as boy for this game and called myself William, after...

Lifespan: 1564 – 1616

Region: England

Role: Writer

The Renaissance caught on in England in late 15th century and lasted till early 17th century. The English Renaissance differed from the Italian Renaissance with the main art forms in England being literature and music rather than visual arts. The towering figure of the English Renaissance was William Shakespeare, who is widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world’s pre-eminent dramatist. Shakespeare wrote some of the finest and most famous works ever written. He is one of the most influential figures in English literature and his plays continue to be performed and adapted.

Famous Works:-

Hamlet (1603)
Romeo and Juliet (1597)
Macbeth (1611)
Othello (1604)
Sonnet 18 (1608)

My rival I decided to name Galileo, after...

Lifespan: 1564 – 1642

Region: Italy

Role: Scientist

Galileo Galilei was perhaps the most influential scientist of the Renaissance who paved the way for the scientific revolution that later flourished in Northern Europe. He pioneered the telescope with his best version magnifying objects about 30 times. He was among the first to use the telescope to observe the skies. He confirmed the phases of Venus, discovered the four largest satellites of Jupiter and analysed the sunspots. He is considered the “father of observational astronomy”. Galileo played a key role in Copernican Revolution by advocating the heliocentric model of the Solar System. He made significant discoveries in both pure fundamental science like kinematics of motion, as well as practical applied science like strength of materials. He also worked in applied technology, inventing an improved military compass and other instruments. Albert Einstein called Galileo the father of modern science.

Two New Sciences (1638)
Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems (1632)
Sidereal Messenger (1610)

Then I woke up in my house. I left to get my Pokemon, and may I just say, this is the region that takes the least amount of time to get your starter on.

Seriously, you just walk up to a patch of grass and BOOM starter time!

..I should probably get back on track

Anyway, I went and chose Squirtle as my starter since he's a cute water type even if Wartortle isn't

I named him Leonardo after...

Lifespan: 1452 – 1519

Role: Polymath

Leonardo da Vinci was the ideal Renaissance man, the greatest Universal Genius, who, among other things, was a painter, mathematician, engineer, architect, botanist, sculptor and anatomist. Da Vinci is one of the greatest painters in history. He painted the Mona Lisa, world’s most famous painting. Other famous works in art by him include The Last Supper, the most reproduced religious painting; and Vitruvian Man, one of the most reproduced artistic images. As an inventor, he designed workable precursors of a tank, a robot, a diving suit and several other things centuries before they became a reality. Many of his inventions passed into general and practical use without Da Vinci being given credit. Other scientific achievements of Da Vinci include designing the first self-propelled machine in history and describing the processes governing friction. In anatomy, he did the most detailed study of the human body before the 20th century.

Mona Lisa (1517)
Vitruvian Man (1490)
The Last Supper (1498)
Leonardo’s robot (1495)
Leonardo’s tank (1497)

These three important people out of the way, lets go on with the battle!

___
Rival Battle 1 -
Leonardo used TACKLE, BULBASAUR used TACKLE
BULBASAUR used TACKLE, Leonardo used TACKLE
Leonardo used TACKLE, BULBASAUR used TACKLE
BULBASAUR used TACKLE, Leonardo used TACKLE
BULBASAUR used TACKLE, Leonardo used TACKLE(BULBASAUR fainted!)
____

Well that was easy

I went and got the parcel, delivering it back to the Proffesor, and just ignored the town map because I didn't really need it tbh

I caught a Pidgey, named Nicolaus, and a Spearow, named Raphael, after...

Lifespan: 1473 – 1543

Region: Poland

Role: Polymath

The most prominent scientific achievement of the Renaissance was the establishment of the heliocentric model of the Solar System that placed the Sun rather than the Earth at the center. This came about due to the work of one of the leading minds of the period Nicolaus Copernicus. Though similar models had been put forward by a few astronomers earlier, Copernicus’s solar system was more detailed and provided a more accurate formula for calculating planetary positions. His heliocentric model led to the Copernican Revolution, which is considered as the launching point of modern astronomy and the Scientific Revolution. Copernicus was a polymath with expertise in a wide variety of fields including medicine, governance and economics, apart from astronomy. Among his achievements is formulating the Quantity Theory of Money, which is still studied in economics.

On the Revolutions of the Celestial Spheres (1543)
On the Minting of Coin (1526)
Little Commentary (1514)

Lifespan: 1483 – 1520

Role: Artist

The High Renaissance is a term used to denote the apex of the visual arts in the Italian Renaissance. Raffaello Sanzio da Urbino, along with Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo, forms the trinity of great masters of the High Renaissance. Raphael was perhaps the most popular painter during the Renaissance and even till late 19th century, his works were revered more than any other artist and he was regarded as the best model for history painting. Though Michelangelo’s and Leonardo’s fame has surpassed his since then, Raphael is still considered among the greatest artists in history. He, more than anyone else, was a master in realistically depicting emotion which brought his paintings to life. Many of his paintings are considered cornerstones of Renaissance art.

The School of Athens (1511)
Sistine Madonna (1512)
Transfiguration (1520)

Then I went through the most dreaded part of the game...
THE CATCHING PROCESS!

...okay maybe its not the most dreaded part but it is annoying.

I trained up my team while heading through Viridian Forest, and then went to the gym and battled the leader.

___
Gym Battle 1 -
Leonardo used BUBBLE(GEODUDE fainted)
ONIX used TACKLE, Leonardo used BUBBLE
ONIX used BIND(missed), Leonardo used BUBBLE(ONIX fainted)
____

That... was way too easy
And thats it for Update 1!

Squirtle
Leodardo/Level 13
Torrent/Mild Nature
Tackle/Tail Whip/Bubble/Water Gun

Pidgey
Nicolaus/Level 10
Keen Eye/Adamant Nature
Tackle/Sand-Attack/Gust/-

Spearow