PS:Remakes will not be included
S BW/BW2 - DPP
A RSE - GSC
B SM/USUM
C X&Y
D RBY
Reasoning -

Lets start bottom to top.

RBY - I played about 2/3 of it and...Its bad...Really bad to ok.
The pokémons feel boring and lazy,new Pokémon Bull with two more tails...And let's make Over Powered.
The story felt lazy at times and at other times hard to find.Don't make me tell you how many times I got stuck in a place because I didn't know what to do next.
AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE SPRITES
This is mankey...And remember this the colored version in the original hardware it was only shades of green.

X&Y - I haven't Played X&Y (whoops) so then I'm gonna only take into account things that I know.
What are those dang chibi characters,I don't like it at all give me back my 2D sprites or my SM models.
The Pokémons the designs are ok to good but only...69,I'm gonna give it a small pass tho because they had to make models for ALL of the other Pokémons.
I just see it as an average Pokémon game,nothing bad,nothing great.

SM/USUM - Haven't playes USUM but I have played SM and I'm gonna guess USUM has more of the same of SM and new story and Ultra Beasts.
Oh boy the story...WAY TOO SLOW.I get is big but I come for the gameplay and story not for 26% gameplay and 74% story.
The story is ok to decent nothing-breath taking but I'm gonna guess USUM story is a bit better so points for that.
The Pokémons are decent.Nothing bad except some (Cough,Cough,BRUXISH).

GSC - I have fully played Pokémon crystal and I gotta say,It's good for a GBC game.

The story is good and flows well with the game but in some parts are a bit slow.
The Pokémons are good and many of them we're intrododuced,tho some of them look plain.
I see this as a good Pokémon with just some flaws that don't let them become a s tier,such as THE GOD DAMN LEVEL CURVE,Mother of Arceous Victory Road has level 30 Pokémons and the elite four guess what LEVEL 40 TO 50,I had to grind for days to beat the elite four.

RSE - Have played Ruby as a child with an emulator so most of the things might be part of nostalgia so take this with a grain of salt.
The story is good and flows decently with the rest of the game and I find cool that depending of what game you choose the evil team's plan change.
The Pokémons are good I like them and they're really diverse and different.
My favorite thing about RSE is that they added abilities and they added on of my favorite abilities,Wonder guard and not to mention the sprite jump from GBC to GBA is giant,I'm impressed how good the sprites turned out.

DPP - Played about 3/4 of Platinum and I gotta say,It's awesome.
The story is good but the evil team might seem a bit dull at times but still good.
THE POKÉMONS ARE THE BEST,I love all of them and they're original and so divserse,you have cute Pokémons,strong Pokémons,EVERY SINGLE TYPE OF POKÉMON YOU COULD EVER WISH FOR.
I love Platinum and sadly couldn't fully beat it cause I was using a R4 on ym 3ds and it's just too glitchy to keep playing.If I were you I would buy it almost now but...

BW/BW2/AKA BEST GEN - Played BW2 up to the champion and fully beated gen BW and still play time to time.
The story is THE BEST AND AWESOME...N character is the best so far,and the evil team plan's are good and realistic...I'm looking at the PETA...
The Pokémons are great to ok and I feel like the quantity of Pokémons is unbelievable with the quality of some Pokémons.
THERE IS SO MUCH POST GAME TO DO IS ALMOST INFINITE.IF I WERE YOU I WOULD GO TO MY LOCAL GAME SHOP SLAM THE COUNTER AND SAY
"GIVE ME ALL YOUR STOCK OF POKÉMON BW AND BW2"

Well all of this was my opinion so you're able to give your own opinion and take everything with a grain of salt.

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
Even though I don't agree with some of the stuff you said, I do agree 100% that GEN 5 is the best generation of Pokemon. 🙌

Pikampy

Ace trainer
Time Zone
UTC +1
3DS FC
2037-1969-4058
Even though I don't agree with some of the stuff you said, I do agree 100% that GEN 5 is the best generation of Pokemon. 🙌

Can you explain why DP at the bottom

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
It come down to my personal experience with the games, I struggled to complete a Sinnoh game for the last 7-8 years and it wasn't because the games are difficult (they aren't) but because I didn't enjoy them enough to continue playing. In the time span of 2 years back in 2012-2014, I tried to play through Platinum about 4 or 5 times and I would always get super bored and never finish it (the furthest I got was Crasher Wake's Gym). The game felt more like a boring chore than something I actually wanted to do and that never happened with any other Pokemon game. The reasons for this may be that the game is SUPER slow, the rival is annoying and the evil team is boring imo. I'm also not the biggest fan of going through caves in Pokemon games and half of the Sinnoh is basically a cave with Mt. Coronet being the center of the region. To sum it up the Sinnoh games feel super sluggish.

So basically I never completed a Sinnoh game until couple of months ago. I found a cheap but legit copy of Pearl online so I bought it because I had some Pokemon on my Sapphire that I wanted to transfer over to the newer games but I didn't own any of the Gen 4 games. So I was basically "forced" to complete Pearl if I wanted to transfer my Pokemon from Gen 3 up to Gen 7. So I did just that and I have to admit that it wasn't as bad as I remembered but still it wasn't a super fun experience either especially compared to all the other Pokemon games. So yeah, I do like Sinnoh games a little more than a few years ago but they are still my least favorite Pokemon games.

Even though I don't enjoy Sinnoh games that much, I am grateful for some of the amazing Pokemon they gave us. Some of my favorites are Gliscor, Torterra, Mismagius, Infernape, Mamoswine, Roserade and Weavile.

P.S. I don't think any Pokemon game is outright bad (and this includes DPP) but for me personally the Sinnoh games were the least enjoyable.

Pikampy

Ace trainer
Time Zone
UTC +1
3DS FC
2037-1969-4058
It come down to my personal experience with the games, I struggled to complete a Sinnoh game for the last 7-8 years and it wasn't because the games are difficult (they aren't) but because I didn't enjoy them enough to continue playing. In the time span of 2 years back in 2012-2014, I tried to play through Platinum about 4 or 5 times and I would always get super bored and never finish it (the furthest I got was Crasher Wake's Gym). The game felt more like a boring chore than something I actually wanted to do and that never happened with any other Pokemon game. The reasons for this may be that the game is SUPER slow, the rival is annoying and the evil team is boring imo. I'm also not the biggest fan of going through caves in Pokemon games and half of the Sinnoh is basically a cave with Mt. Coronet being the center of the region. To sum it up the Sinnoh games feel super sluggish.

So basically I never completed a Sinnoh game until couple of months ago. I found a cheap but legit copy of Pearl online so I bought it because I had some Pokemon on my Sapphire that I wanted to transfer over to the newer games but I didn't own any of the Gen 4 games. So I was basically "forced" to complete Pearl if I wanted to transfer my Pokemon from Gen 3 up to Gen 7. So I did just that and I have to admit that it wasn't as bad as I remembered but still it wasn't a super fun experience either especially compared to all the other Pokemon games. So yeah, I do like Sinnoh games a little more than a few years ago but they are still my least favorite Pokemon games.

Even though I don't enjoy Sinnoh games that much, I am grateful for some of the amazing Pokemon they gave us. Some of my favorites are Gliscor, Torterra, Mismagius, Infernape, Mamoswine, Roserade and Weavile.

P.S. I don't think any Pokemon game is outright bad (and this includes DPP) but for me personally the Sinnoh games were the least enjoyable.
I dont fully agree but I see where you coming from but I do think a pokémon game is outirght bad is the orignal RBG but your opinion

Reactions: Zed

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
I dont fully agree but I see where you coming from but I do think a pokémon game is outirght bad is the orignal RBG but your opinion
Maybe from this point in time RBGY do look like bad games because of the graphics and the limitations the old Gameboy had. But if they truly were bad games then they wouldn't have sold tens of millions of copies and the Pokemon wouldn't have become so popular and we wouldn't have gotten any other Pokemon games after RBGY. Not to mention that the same Pokemon "formula" from RBGY is still used in every main line Pokemon game to date (e.g. fire/water/grass starters, win badges, save the region by defeating the evil team and become champion). ✌

Last edited: