• The Closure of the Marriland Forums

The Marriland Forums will be going into read-only mode on February 15th, 2021. Come October 1st, 2021 the forums will be taken down entirely. More information can be found in this thread. Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mysteries of the Older Generations

Rockie

Dark Envoy
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rockie
Time Zone
GMT
3DS FC
5043-2301-9525
Switch FC
SW-0094-9126-2724
IGN
Rockie
With Sword and Shield now approaching, we move on to the next generation! Problem is, a lot of the older games still have so many weird things and unanswered questions that will probably never be solved now.

Personally? The thing I want to know about the most are those external doors into the Kalos Power Plant. You can never open them, they just sit there unassuming and locked. Was it meant to be an event thing like the cancelled Gen 4 Events? Were they going to add more there and didn't have enough time? It kills me not knowing this.

What about yourselves? What questions would you want to have answered about generations passed?

Zed

Regular Trainer
Time Zone
CET
X and Y have a lot of unanswered questions, they don't feel like a finished game to me. The third Z version was necessary for the more complete Kalos adventure and a better story but they skipped it and went straight to the Gen 8. :(

Some of the things that are left unanswered besides the Power Plant are the creepy "You are not the one." Ghost Girl that appeared in both XY and ORAS and the other is the Couriway Towns Train Station (Where does it lead? Does it connect to another region or some other post game city similar to Kiloude City that was scrapped during the development?). Zygarde and it's forms were obviously meant to be the plot point of the Z version but after scrapping the game they just put Zygarde cells in Alola without any good explanation. Ugh...

Can you tell how much it frustrates me that the Kalos games were treated so badly by the Game Freak? No wonder they are the worst mainline Pokemon games now. :(

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
Not quite what you're asking I think and this is technically current gen for a few more months, but when the original Sun and Moon came out I found this somewhere. Most of them amount to "we had a shipping deadline," and some are more intriguing than others. I don't really know what data mines have come out since this document was written, but I especially find #7 rather fun/upsetting if true.

Speaking of data mining, some of you may enjoy The Cutting Room Floor if you don't already.

Some of the things that are left unanswered besides the Power Plant are the creepy "You are not the one." Ghost Girl that appeared in both XY and ORAS and the other is the Couriway Towns Train Station (Where does it lead? Does it connect to another region or some other post game city similar to Kiloude City that was scrapped during the development?). Zygarde and it's forms were obviously meant to be the plot point of the Z version but after scrapping the game they just put Zygarde cells in Alola without any good explanation. Ugh...
These are usually what I think of when I think of lore-related mysteries, the train station in particular. I can't help but shake the feeling that the train station was supposed to be a much more interesting location than it ended up being in the final game.

Reactions: Zed

OceanMaster

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Isiac, Ocean
Time Zone
Central Mountain Time
3DS FC
1220-7225-5483
Switch FC
SW-4940-6731-2903
IGN
Isiac
I know it's an old mystery but it still always confuses me but it is amazing. I've read fan theories and stuff but I don't know.

Why is it that when you battle Red in HGSS he just disappears? The theories state that he is a ghost which seems reasonable as he embarked on a journey to Mt. Silver and never returned which makes us believe he died. So is the reason he disappears because he is satisfied with one last good battle? But then when you beat the E4 again he reappears, is this because he yearns for more as you are a formidable opponent?

Reactions: SAF

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben
Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
The chances of this being answered in the inevitable Gen 4 remake are slim but:

Who are the ghosts of the Old Chateau and why are they dead?