Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
Mystwind Highschool

It is another year in Mystwind Highschool, and either if you are an old student or new, the school never gets boring. If you are here, it means you have a special or unique ability; be it an astounding sense of empathy, a knack for inventions, or an affinity with reptiles, you're welcome here.

The school was created by Oscar Blythe, a man with an unremarkable ability to somehow discover what people were hiding. His backstory is marred with rejection and an inability to fit, but you don't need to know the full story. Just understand that he made this school so others like you would fit in, and be able to understand yourselves, your abilities and purpose.

Every year, Mr Blythe thinks of a project the school can do together, mostly to show the outside world that we exist and that there's no reason to fear us, or at least no more than you'd fear a person who doesn't stand out as much as us. This highschool helps people with special abilities like us find our place in the world. How will things go this year?

- - - - - - - - - -
This roleplay will be a sandbox, where you can explore your character's abilities and backstories, without having to deal with the first meeting if you don't want to, as people could have already met on other years. Character building can happen on the campfire. And the school project can be decided amongst everyone who joins. Also, the time this roleplay will take will depend on where we want to take it, but it won't be too long if we don't want it to be.

Roleplay Requirements

1. First and foremost, you must follow forum and roleplay rules. Basically no spamming, flaming, or taking control of another character unless given permission to do so.
  2. If you plan to go inactive for whatever reason, please notify me and your roleplay peers.
  3. Please don't try to lead the roleplay or introduce a big twist without discussing it with the other roleplayers.
  4. Character forms and posts don't have to be super long, but make them detailed enough to understand your character and what they are doing.
Character Form

• Name and last name
  • Appearance (a picture may be used as reference)
  • What year are you on (sophomore, junior or senior)
  • Ability: (what ability stands out. Please choose only one or at most two that complement each other.)
  • Other details (basic character traits and backstory. Maybe an idea of when they discovered their ability and what they used it for before discovering the highschool). You don't have to make it too detailed, though, as long as you at least have an idea of how you want your character to be. We can work on character relationships together.
Main Thread
Discord

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.​

Last edited:

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
Name
Arya Dorunae

Appearance

Hm. Yeah, picture Hinata as Arya. Though Arya's eyes are blue and do have a pupil. She's medium-sized, only slightly above avarage. Pale-skinned. Blueish-black hair.
Her preferred clothes are dark colors, but she prefers casual rather than stylish clothes.

Year
Junior

Ability
She has a very good photographic memory, retaining things she's seen and being able to recall them whenever she wants to. The downside, though, is that she has a harder time remembering things that she experienced with her other senses, so she usually writes things down she doesn't want to forget and looks at what she's written. Also, due to this, she has difficulty interacting with others normally.

Others
Arya is constantly writing things that are special to her that she may hear, smell or touch, but this sometimes makes her miss other important things. And she also has a difficulty forgetting the more ugly things, so she may react more extremely than others. In addition to these quirks, her tone of voice doesn't show her emotions well, but her expressions and body language do.

Her parents tried their best they could with her and noticed she was different. They didn't know how to help her, but they tried to understand as much as possible. They heard of Mr. Blythe's school from the newspaper which advertised one of the school's projects. They were more than happy to sign her for this school, besides it wasn't even too expensive.

Other character traits to define her are observant, quiet, patient (mostly), careful, flexible (she has a photographic memory, so she can mimic things she sees. She finds mimicry and body training to be interesting passtimes, though her favorite hobbies are reading and drawing.​

Last edited:

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
(Disclaimer: This character is meant to be literally the worst)

Name: "Ah, it seems I have yet to introduce myself. I'm Jacques Darc."

Year: "I'm a Junior."

Ability: "I'm a skilled people person. Good at communication, which should serve me well. Unfortunately due to my socialization, I tend to miss important details or worse put off work until the last minute... It gets done eventually, I swear! Er, um Don't look into that please."

Other: Jacques has a tendency to just not due what's asked of him in an academic sense. Spending more time goofing off, trying to pick up gals, or otherwise forgetting what he'd been assigned. The fact that he's made it this far is a testament to his parents wealth, and also the product of several "loans" made to the schools he attended prior. He transfers from place to place, nearly flunks out entirely, and then transfers again with a barely passing grade due to his parents greasing palms.

Jacques is rather outgoing, respectful of boundaries and social limitations but not big on talking to folks one on one. His biggest flaw is that when the crowd dies down to an audience of one, he seems a lot less willing to open up for reasons that he'd likely never discuss. Jacques is slightly below average height for his age and tends to dress in a suit and tie regardless of whatever the dress code actually is. He's even gone so far as to dye his hair blue. Just by looking at him you can get the sense that he really doesn't care what the teachers have to say. Signing up for this school was no different than signing up for all the others before it, except this time his parents are threatening to confiscate his wallet and phone.

Last edited:

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
Jacques is accepted! Though I'd like to go a bit into his ability to understand him better amd know how his interactions with others would work in the RP. Does being a skilled people person and good at communication mean he's charismatic? Are people just attracted to him? Or how do they react to him?

Also if you want to know more about Arya you can ask, too.

And in general, I want to work on how the characters interact together and possible shared experiences before starting the actual RP, plus any possibility of a project they could work on. So if you have any ideas, Godot, and this goes for everyone who joins, you can suggest.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Charismatic is what I had in mind. People being naturally attracted to him would be a slight step too far in terms of abilities, imo.

The Griddler

Mermaid and Robot Enthusiast
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
PuppeteerMask, MystletainnKick
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
So a question cause I'm dumb. Are these abilities, like... plausible and realistic talents, or are they meant to be kind of supernatural? I ask because the premise and past experience with RPs like this implies that they're meant to be the latter, but the abilities provided thus far are more mundane than I'd typically expect from even low urban fantasy.

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
I had mostly plausible and realistic in mind, but exaggerated as well. Though yeah, not to the extreme of it being a superpower. Though if you think they're mundane, we can make them more powerful, I don't mind. It's basically a heightened ability that would set them apart from others. I hope that clarifies it, Griddle ^^ mostly because I had a mix of fantasy with slice-of-life in mind.

And yeah, all right, Godot. I get you.

The Griddler

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
Thanks for the clarification. I don't have an issue with the extravagance (or lack thereof) of the abilities, I just figured I should ask before making anything because I didn't want to make something that skewed too much in one way or the other.

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
@Godot Do you mind if I use Kathrine for this RP as well? (Or would you rather she stay only in the FE RP?)

@Mystical Would a kind of empathic link to animals be too "Superpowered"? I was thinking kinda like N, where they can "hear" the voices of the animals, but like not litterally, it just feels like they understand each other. Would that be allowed?

Last edited:

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
Don't worry about the type of ability, I want it to be flexible. Just not things that would be considered superpowers, like flying (without technology) or superspeed like Flash (I don't want to deal with superheroes/supervillains :P) You can do, say, running a lot without getting too tired, idk lol. Though if you do want a superheroish power I can adapt, too.

And yes, Moon, that's allowed, of course!

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
BST
Name: Kathrine Grimheart

Appearance: Kathrine is tall for her age, with pale green eyes, slightly tanned skin, and thin near-white hair that’s regularly tied back into a long ponytail.

She is most often seen in a violet jeans and a lilac hoodie, the hood of which rarely worn, instead being used by her pet Tegu to hitch a free ride.
She also wears a seven-pointed star necklace, though it is rarely seen, mostly being hidden beneath her other clothes.

What year are you on: Junior

Ability: Kathrine has an empathic link with animals, being able to understand what they want and communicate with them almost as if she could hear their voices.

Other details: Kathrine has a great love for magic and the supernatural, while also having a special affection towards reptiles, eventually coming into possession of a pet Tegu of her own.
Because of these factors, she was made fun of by many of her former classmates, causing her to find companionship with the animals who understood her more than her own kind, further widening the rift between her and her peers.

Around most people Kathrine is closed off, avoiding human contact wherever possible, and takes a long time to begin to trust anyone.

Despite this, she works hard and takes her studies seriously, always doing her part for the team timely and to the best of her abilities.

She hates conflict, rarely standing up for herself, and will often hide if others are arguing.

Kathrine identifies as an otherkin, specifically feeling that her soul is that of a dragon, and she is trapped in this human form. She is semi in the closet with this though, only telling those she deeply trusts.

Due to her power, while not strictly a vegetarian, she is anti exploitation of animals, and so avoids most animal products wherever possible.​

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
Accepted. Yay! Kathrine seems interesting. I'll wait for one more person before really beginning, though we can already begin planning. What I'm thinking is that we can begin roleplaying when the characters first meet, and then skip a couple of weeks or something like that to when they really start plaaning the project. So on the first day some characters can become friends and others just make their own group. We can make a list of NPCs or something like that. Also, I'll keep apps open until we finish roleplaying that first day.

Rosel

Golden
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rosel, Nate
Time Zone
CST
Name: Devin Phi

Appearance: Devin is six feet tall, dark-skinned, and has just a little stubble. He actually has heterochromia, causing for one blue eye, and one hazel eye as well. He actually dresses formally often, in dress shirts and slacks, sometimes full out suits, but rarely in casual clothes. Having a right ear piercing, of a little flame. And various bruises and such on his arms and legs, and one on his left cheek.

Year: Sophomore

Ability: (ok, let's see if I can execute this without coming off like a psuedo-superhero) Devin has some extra sturdability, not in a like, Kirishima / Tetsutetsu way, like he bruises easily, but tends to take more than your average joe, but this also goes for his mental fortitude as well, not being very susceptible to basic manipulation or trickery.

Other Details:
  • Devin likes Dev a lot more than his full name
  • His middle name is Kay, his closer friends get to call him that.
  • He had a growth spurt from 5'7 -> 6'0 heading into his Freshman Year.
  • Despite his height, Devin is still really used to being short, and tends to be unaware of his height, at times.
  • Devin wears formal things all the time, due to his idea of 'dressing for success'.
When it comes to Devin, he's feels like certain things are burdened onto him, just because he has the ability to help those in need, whether or not people really think he should, vigilante-esque, I guess.

He also thinks everything is worth a fight, and sometimes he's right, but he's usually wrong.

Devin actually found out about his oddly sturdy nature during school, when he got into a fight, at a young age, and was thoroughly whopped, but he kept feeling like he had so much more in the tank than people expected, getting up a few more times before really getting put down. After that, he's always been more confidence than he needs to.

Gokudera

Silver King
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Name: Maxwell Cross
Appearance:
(without the Pokéball)
Year: Junior.
Ability: Maxwell has a heightened sense of smell. There’s the cliché that “You can smell fear”. Well, Maxwell can. More specifically, he can smell the difference in the air when someone breathes faster or harder. He can also smell the scent of various animals from up to a mile away, and can distinguish the scent of many different animals. This ability has its pros, and its cons. He can sense danger, to a point, making defending himself easier. He can also sense dangerous, and friendly animals alike. However, this also means he can smell rather unpleasant things like garbage and body odor. However, he’s been able to train himself to “smell selectively” as he calls it.
Other: Maxwell comes from a rather poor family of 5, including his mother, father, older sister and younger brother. Maxwell’s parents both work 2 jobs to support their children, leaving Maxwell and siblings to do most of the cooking and housework. Because of Maxwell’s sense of smell, he’s usually in charge of cooking, both because the harsh cleaning chemicals make him nauseous, and because his sense of smell helps him know how fresh ingredients are. He refuses to cook with onions, though. His clothes will literally soak with tears if he does. Having heard of Mystwind, Maxwell’s parents suggested he go there for high school, since the staff and students there would understand his ability, and he would be able to fit in better. Maxwell didn’t exactly have any close friends in middle school, but he was still anxious to start anew in a brand new school, with brand new peers.Maxwell’s parent’s work ethic rubbed off on him, so he tries his best in everything he does, giving him high marks in school. He enjoys making friends, but prioritizes school work over making friends, wanting to make his parents proud more than anything. However, his parents have encouraged him to try harder at making friends, as they believe that is equally as important as high marks in school, so he’s vowed to try making friends with some of the kids at Mystwind. Maxwell is decent in most social interactions, but, again, the work ethic pops up, and makes him nervous, always wanting to make a good first impression.

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610

honestly you shouldn't be surprised he looks like dave

Name: Cedric “Cedar” Kunsgnos

Year: Senior

Ability: Cedric has an incredible sense of rhythm, something that extends to most of his life. This can also apply to an innate understanding of psychological patterns á la Joseph Joestar, knowing the time to the minute, a perfectly balanced walk cycle (as all should be), being able to kill a fly first try, and always being right on time. However, he himself follows a consistent rhythm and can be dull to talk to after too long, like an RPG character. This part is more of a choice to avoid social awkwardness, but it's one that's too late to back out of after three years.

Other: Cedric mostly has predisposed opinions on many matters that he's picked up on, often not caring how much he agrees as long as it's reasonable for it to be actually up for debate, mostly politics. He makes his own efforts to fade away overtime, meaning less pressure put on him. After all, a pressurized clock is sure to become inaccurate. He's unaware to his powers himself, as they are largely mundane and make him seem as much without examination. He does embrace some of its larger impacts as hobbies, like poetry. He also plays a killer Clone Hero.​

Last edited:

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
All three are accepted! I like your concepts! Extra sturdibility, heightened sense of smell and extra sense of rythm. Also, is that Dave from homestuck? That's nice!

All right, I'll write the first post in the main thread. But we can still discuss character concepts and relations if you want to.

Also, don't worry if you change your character a little in the actual roleplay. And also, you can add NPCs if you need them, just be sure to write a general description of them. Mostly just name, ability and personality traits.

Edit: And we've started! I'll allow two more people to join but then I'll close applications so the RP doesn't get too big.

Last edited:

The Griddler

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Switch FC
SW-0956-0339-1010
(low key mad because I was thinking heightened sense of smell but also it's not like I announced that to anyone so unfortunate coincidence I guess.)

Name: Megan Addams
Appearance:

Year: Senior
Ability: In spite of - or perhaps thanks to - her sadism and aggression, Megan has a keen sense of identifying pain in those around her, be it physical or emotional. She can't identify the source through instinct alone, nor can she suss out the true nature of someone's pain, but she can tell when someone is hurting and get a grasp of how deep and severe the pain is.
Other: Megan used to be a sweet girl, at least that's how her parents tell it. When she was seven her family took her to a farm, where she ran afoul (or perhaps one could say afowl) of a particularly aggressive chicken. Without anyone around to stop her and a cousin egging her on, she fought the chicken. And that's how Megan traded her left eye for a blinding fear and hatred of birds.

Megan can best be described as a lit fuse, if that fuse also inexplicably had shoulders and on one of those shoulders some asshole put a chip on it. Point being she's angry, nasty, and more than a little defensive about her eye, her height, and just about every other part of herself that's been ripe for mockery for ten years. However, despite her posturing and her insistence to the contrary, she's not a bad person. She isn't good at expressing it, but she has a strong sense of empathy for people who are suffering and has a soft spot for victims of bullying and abuse. She believes strongly in never kicking someone when they're down, as tempting as it may be at times.

Megan's parents had reservations about their daughter - known sadist and grouch - attending Mystwind. After all, she had always been touchy about being "different", and sending her to a school for the "different" seemed... unwise. It was only in Megan's senior year that the change was made, with Megan's cousin - a Mystwind alumni - saying that it would be a good experience for her.

Having never fully forgiven her cousin for his role in the chicken incident, Megan has vowed to be as miserable as possible out of spite. (She hasn't been doing a great job of it.)

Last edited:

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Time Zone
BST
OK, so is there anyone here that Kathrine would have met already?

She's not likely to open up to anyone in the amount of time the RP is likely to take, so she'd have to have been at least partially friends with someone before the events, otherwise she's not likely to spend much time or let her guard down around them.
(Or she could just be the crazy cat lady alone with her plush unicorns with no human contact :P)

But yeah, essentially, do any of you guy's want your characters to have known Kathrine from beforehand? Or would you rather she be more distant from your character?

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
Your character is accepted, Griddle! You could have made a heightened sense of smell regardless, but I think it's nice to have more variety! Also ohh an empathic psycopath.

If you want, Moon, Arya and Kathrine could have met previously. Maybe they're not the best friends but they can get along and somewhat understand each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.