Not Accepting Started Mystwind Highschool Campfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Well, I don't mind if you want to edit your post Godot, but I don't think there's a need. He can take an interest in her though, maybe.

And Moon, I was thinking Kathrine and Arya could have met in a previous school and sort of clicked in their own shy way. Kathrine could have showed Arya her pet. I imagine Arya could have found him interesting, and she could be good with them if she tries to learn how to read animals' body language.

Also, I'm loving your introduction posts :3 I missed roleplaying casually like this.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
He'll take an interest eventually. He's basically going to be making the rounds and trying to introduce himself to anyone who stands out. There's a fair chance that he may have met Kathrine in passing during his time at some other school and just doesn't remember her too well. Edit: May have put a link to the RP in my signature.

Last edited:

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Hmm. Not going to reply yet, in case someone else wants to post, but I'll reply later today. Also, was going to ask. Would you guys prefer if we had a discord? Mostly for planning.

Edit- Or things like quick dialogue.
Edit 2- Also would you prefer this to be like a boarding school where the students just sleep there?

Last edited:

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Discord for planning and out of character stuff might be a good idea, imo. Also literally anyone could stop Jacques as he’s moving. Either physically or through dialogue of some sort. Just a note, Foolhard, but I love the animal based nicknames.

Last edited:

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
@Mystical That sounds good. And Kat would have gotten along with her, since the pet lizard is partially what started her distance from others, and her taking an interest would definitely be a good introduction, assuming that she isn't creeped out by him.

That reminds me, the first post said it was late August. What months will the main part of this RP be taking place? Asking cause which kind of Tegu Kathrine has would have to change depandant on the time setting, as the most common kinds brumate* through the cold months until around march, and the kind that don't are smaller and slightly more agressive.

*essentially hibernating

I'd say the discord sounds like a good idea. Even if it's never used, it can't hurt to have it.
As for the school, either works just fine.

Anyway, I'll try to make a post tomorrow morning :)

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Well, since it's a school year (but it can be shorter too) then about eight months, but we can change the time frame if you want to adapt it to be suitable for the less aggressive kind.

I'll work on a discord, then! I'll post the link in the first post so it will be easier to spot.

Also, Godot, I meant more so as the plot doesn't move forward too much before the others post! ^^

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
What I meant Is, which of those 8 months would it be in? Do we start at the beginning and go day by day, or is there a timeskip to later in the year?
I mean, I'm fine with either way, I just wanted to get the facts straight so I don't cause any confusion or anything. (Sure as changing what species Kat's pet is midway through)

Rosel

Golden
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rosel, Nate
Time Zone
CST
So a character concept hit me out of nowhere:

The Ability to constantly be tired to benefit your own awareness. So, like, having the feeling of tiredness follow you around everywhere, but to also be hyper-aware of your surroundings, etc.

Also, another odd thing with Devin is that he doesn't exactly understand the severity of broken bones, he currently has a sprained ankle, which is only wrapped due to swelling, but he can walk & run on it, jump normally, and it doesn't hinder his movement any, he's broken his arm once, but he was still able to move it more than he should've been, and if he breaks fingers, he can still use them almost normally, before getting them to actually hurt. Just an interesting concept.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Interesting. So kind of a trade-off for the ability?

Also, that sounds kinda dangerous, having a broken bone and not realizing it. Or he does? Either way. Sounds cool, and helpful in a fight.

By the way, I made the server. I added the link on the first post of this thread, but we can still use this one if anyone prefers that.

Also, they'll have time for character interaction after or with the tour. they'll have time to interact later. We can timeskip. I was thinking they can be placed in a class together for evaluation and introductions before they can go their own ways.

Last edited:

ShadowedEevee

YJ-14
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Tabby
Time Zone
EST
Name- Rei Katsura
Appearance-

What year are you- Sophmore
Ability: Rei is very good with technology and computers. Back at his old school he was known as the kid who could hack into the school system and change your file. He's a skilled hacker, but sometimes his actions cause more harm than good. He gets into trouble a lot when he tests how far he can go.
Other details- Rei is a loner, but not because he shuts others out. He actually wants to be friends with people, but most people believe that he isn't worth befriending due to him being seen as a bad influence. Rei wanted a new start, so when he heard that Mystwind was a school for people who were different, he thought he finally had a chance to make friends and live a "normal" high school life. He hopes to meet other people whose abilities cut them off from the world. Since leaving his old school, he is more careful about what he hacks, but he still sometimes gets into trouble. It's less than at his old school, but he still takes each one as a learning experience.

Rei is seen as a loner, but he is actually quite sociable. He enjoys being around other people, but most are scared away by his loner appearance and hobby. However, he hasn't had much social interaction, so sometimes he misunderstands situations. He is a bit paranoid that he might mess up and drive away all his friends, so he tends to doubt himself.

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
did i just call Kat a cat without even realizing the correlation
my brain is so big

Rosel

Golden
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rosel, Nate
Time Zone
CST
Oh, and on the question about the Boarding School style of staying at the school, I'd be pretty cool with that!

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Name and last name: Ozymandias Bombastus.

Appearance:
5163 But with lots more splashes of orange.

What year are you on: Senior.

Ability: Slight time manipulation, I can slow it down and speed it up but not by much and it's not like anyone else would notice. Most it does is make a minute last slightly longer or shorter for me than others. Could make a difference, if I knew how I was doing it. Basically while everyone else moves forward through time at a rate of one minute per minute, I can move forward through time at a rate of one minute plus or minus a couple nanoseconds per minute. While Ozy isn't quite aware of how to control it, it basically works like a variation on the "time seems to move slower when your stressed" sort of thing. If he's feeling anxious it kicks in and gives him slightly more time to work, if he's feeling excited it gives him slightly less time to stop and think.

Other details (basic character traits and backstory. Maybe an idea of when they discovered their ability and what they used it for before discovering the highschool). You don't have to make it too detailed, though, as long as you at least have an idea of how you want your character to be. We can work on character relationships together. "I've actually been attending this school since freshman year. Discovered my ability that year, although I can't recall for the life of me what I used it for. Or how I used it. Unfortunately this might take a little bit more figuring out. My parents, while close, have realized that now that I can drive and am finishing up high school I no longer need to be micromanaged to their usual extent. Won't stop my younger siblings from texting me on occasion to complain about our adoptive 'helicopter parents'. I don't know my birth parents, but I figure they don't matter too much."

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Ozymandias is accepted! I'll add him to the character list tomorrow. And that's an interesting ability, I'm curious to see it at work. May help him be slightly faster or slower than others (relatively speaking. Thinking about Einstein's theory, somewhat).

Rosel

Golden
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rosel, Nate
Time Zone
CST
Name? Zen.., Arados.

Appearance? Zen is about 5'6. On the shorter side, he was diagnosed with Poliosis, creating gray strands of hair, which he keeps in a ponytail. His eyes are also gray-ish green, and perpetually slumped. He rarely ever wears anything short-sleeved, and anything outside of sweatpants or pajamas is a rarity as well. He keeps up a color scheme of darker colors, only ever stepping out to Forest Greens and Navy Blues.

Year? Sophomore

Ability? Zen Arados has a double-edged sword, he can process his thoughts quite quickly, helping his problem solving skills, but his ability to process his thoughts, is combated with a perpetual state of tiredness or sleepiness, he never finds himself outside of a state where, if he put his head down for a little too long, he'd fall asleep. But in turn, this turns into sleepless nights, and so on.

Other: Zen has a bracelet, which was made for him after 7th Grade, that gives him a little jolt, everytime he leans into slumber. He's gotten really good grades, due to the upside of his ability, but overall, kinda hates it. Probably gonna be a very low tempo guy.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Hmm Zen is interesting. Though how would you balance his perpetual state of sleepiness? I get the bracelet, but it seems like it would be really troublesome if even with the bracelet giving him jolts he would still constantly be in that sleepy state. Maybe you could give him brief periods of time where he's more awake and alert, but these don't last very long? Though, if you want to keep him the way he is now, you can, as long as you know how to handle it.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Name: Oliver Matthews

Appearance/Personality: Oliver has green-blue eyes and whitish caramel skin. His black straight hair falls to his chin, and a few strands fall over his left eye, leaving only half of it visible. He has a nose piercing, He can be considered as chubby, though he's not overweight. He likes wearing casual clothes, like brown shirts, with a black jacket, and ripped jeans. His walk is slow, and he doesn't make much eye contact, at least at first. He's fine with not making a big impression. In fact, it suits him.

Year: Sophomore

Ability: Oliver is skilled with his hands. The skills can include but is not limited to fixing mechanisms that may have come unhinged, solving rubik cubes, and his favorite; pickpocketing. He enjoys taking things from others, not necessarily for their monetary or emotional value, but because it gives him a surge of adrenaline. Though he needs to focus on his target first before attempting to do anything major with his hands, so a lot of times his eyes give him away. Still, it's a challenge that he's willing to take, and he's learned to be quick at what he does.

Other: When he was a child, Oliver liked tinkering with toys and puzzles and building things with his hands. At school, his teachers noticed he was skilled at those sorts of games. As he grew older, he also liked doing magic tricks, though after a while, even these tricks were too easy for him. He decided to try with different things, like making bigger objects "disappear". A lot of it was in the distraction, he found out, but also about how quick and light one was with the hands. He doesn't mind having to return the objects he stole much, but sees it as he failed a challenge, while when he succeeds and no one noticed, he feels a lot of satisfaction. Though depending on the object he may return it later. While some people see this as a quirk, his parents and teachers were worried it could turn into something worse and end with him getting arrested or joining a gang. A friend recommended Mystwind High for him, telling his parents they could help him, though Oliver was not given the whole truth. "We think you have an interesting talent, Oliver, and it would be a shame for it to go to waste!" his parents told him. Oliver isn't as sure, but he figures it won't hurt to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.