Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
Mystwind Highschool

It is another year in Mystwind Highschool, and either if you are an old student or new, the school never gets boring. If you are here, it means you have a special or unique ability; be it an astounding sense of empathy, a knack for inventions, or an affinity with reptiles, you're welcome here.

The school was created by Oscar Blythe, a man with an unremarkable ability to somehow discover what people were hiding. His backstory is marred with rejection and an inability to fit, but you don't need to know the full story. Just understand that he made this school so others like you would fit in, and be able to understand yourselves, your abilities and purpose.

Every year, Mr Blythe thinks of a project the school can do together, mostly to show the outside world that we exist and that there's no reason to fear us, or at least no more than you'd fear a person who doesn't stand out as much as us. This highschool helps people with special abilities like us find our place in the world. How will things go this year?

- - - - - - - - - -

This roleplay will be a sandbox, where you can explore your character's abilities and backstories, without having to deal with the first meeting if you don't want to, as people could have already met on other years. Character building can happen on the campfire. And the school project can be decided amongst everyone who joins. Also, the time this roleplay will take will depend on where we want to take it, but it won't be too long if we don't want it to be.

Last edited:

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
The date was August 28. New as well as old students had gathered at Mystwind High's entrance, to be welcomed to the first day of school of this year. Oscar Blythe smiled at all the students and staff, remembering the applications he'd received, and the students' profiles. The school wasn't too big, but he tried to provide everything they'd need.

"Welcome students, old and new. As you know, this school welcomes young students with any peculair and outstanding ability. Our goal, and what we do here, is to guide you and help you reach your potential, as well as your place in this world."

While the director was talking, a pale girl stood in the sidelines, barely listening. Instead, she unwrinkled a small piece of paper that had been pressed inside her closed fist. Her eyes roamed over the words written on it. She could remember what the note said word for word, but looking at it and reading it again helped calm her and gave her a reason to avoid looking at anything else for too long.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Jacques stared down at his phone periodically throughout the speech. New school, new principal, exact same speech every time. He'd found it all so boring that he just ended up scrolling through his contacts. Too far away to hang out, not talkative, probably still asleep because timezones, probably in a class by now. And I know absolutely no one here. Done looking at his phone, he scanned the crowd. We're all in similar situations. Even the first timers probably aren't paying attention to this guy. He noticed a girl a good distance away, but decided not to make his way over to her. The last thing he wanted was to be reprimanded by one of the teachers for disrupting the morning announcements by shoving his way through the crowd. I'll just do what I always do, can't be too hard to find friends here.

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
This man has a tempo to his words.
Cedar's eyes took chase to each vibration that came from the director's mouth, enveloping in them without processing them truly. It was surely a speech he practiced and performed, a mellow sphere that forms when time flakes away jagged spike of drama. The sound pulsed, and no part was more important than the other.
Cedar found peace in this.

"Next, he will say we are glad to have you here..."
Words humble as a heartbeat, not in substance but in sonority. He took note of others, too.
One scuttling, a mouse. Another slinking, a weasel.
Cedar only hopes the weasel does not see the mouse, as nature is vigilant in its order, and it's not his right to disturb it if they were to lock eyes. A distraction, then

"You, weasel. What's up?"
Cedar's words first hit with a bass drum, then the grace and tone of a clarinet, a distinct shift in attitude.
With these words, he pointed toward Jacques, beckoning.

He also considered a weasel could be a good friend under the right circumstances, or perhaps he'd misinterpreted his character entirely. What he'd been considerably less careless about is the crowd surrounding him, failing to grab his attention at least the first time.

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
The blue haired boy smiled "Weasel? That's a new one." He locked eyes with the eagle eyed student. "You've got sharp eyes, Eagle. I'm Jacques, pleasure to meet you. I'll bet you noticed her too?" He gestured toward the girl. He shrugged slowly "I was considering greeting her, but I've been told off for interrupting announcements like this before. I'm willing to guess this isn't exactly your first rodeo either." He slid his phone back into his pants pocket, having received the chance for socialization that he'd been craving. This guy seems fun, a great first addition to my social circle. "Heard one of these speeches at other schools, you've heard 'em all. While I like you so far, Eagle, I really want to introduce myself to that girl over there. After all, I'm sure we could all do with a little socialization. If you'll excuse me." He started trying to move closer to Arya, whispering "Excuse me, pardon me, can I just squeeze past you real quick." as he moved slowly through the crowd.

Rosel

Golden
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rosel, Nate
Time Zone
CST
Devin was keyed in the speech as he saw movement in the large crowd, but he didn't bother to move. Maybe later, rather just not run the risk of getting called out for that sort of thing. He stood, dressed in a full suit, black slacks, and a maroon blazer, and black dress shirt. In his right jacket pocket, was a rose, matching the colour of his tie, which looked like a blood red, he had 1 dress shoe on, while his left foot was wrapped in bandages. He had sprained it no more than a week ago, but he stood fine on it. He impatiently tapped his right foot, arms crossed, as he waited for the speech to finish, and to get a move on.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Maxwell stood at the entrance, barely listening to the commencement speech, deciding instead to become "acquainted" to the students around him. He could smell cigarette smoke from a few of the students, but mostly just the smell of new clothing. Smart, he thought. Always nice to make a good first impression, especially with the teachers. He looked around, and saw a few students talking with each other, but decided against trying to converse during the speech. He wasn't going to get in trouble when he first got to school. He would have time to make new friends. Hopefully friends that could help him study. He had no idea what to expect from the curriculum of this school...

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
Once she'd read the note, Arya sighed. It was from her parents, telling her she'd do wonderfully and that they loved her. She raised her eyes to look at the headmaster, attempting not to focus on the rest of students, or she'd be overwhelmed.

Introductions will come soon enough, she thought. But then she saw movement from the corner of her eye, coming her way. Her eyes landed on Jacques, his image forever carved into her brain. She gasped.

Meanwhile, the headmaster continued his speech, oblivious or purposefully ignoring the slight shift and general lack of interest from the crowd.

In truth, this gathering gave him a chance to better judge their character and demenor, besides what he had read about them or what their parents or tutors had described.

"We are glad to have you here," he continued, proving Cedar right. Then he went on to mention the rules (basically tolerance, no vandalism, and how ability abuse would not be tolerated).

Last edited:

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Jacques smiled extending one hand while brushing the other through his blue hair. His suit, a nice purple pinstripe, fit him perfectly. "Hello, I'm Jacques. Nice to meet you." He said in the friendliest tone he could manage. He looked back up towards the headmaster and shrugged. "Seems the speech is done, just as well I've heard it about a million times from other schools. What year are you in? I'm a junior myself." He said trying to play it casual for the time being. Cute gal, but I'm sure there are more 'round here. Not going to hit on her quite yet, we barely know each other. That said, marking her with the eagle eyed guy as a potential friend. He reached into his pocket to remove his phone, just to check where he was supposed to be heading and see if any of his old friends texted him. If necessary I'll look into getting her number later on. what matters is making sure I know what classes I'm in and who else is taking them. He frowned looking down at his phone and seeing a message from his mother about how he'd "better be on his best behavior" or his wallet would be "confiscated, emptied of its contents, and sold off."

Last edited:

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Kathrine figeted uncomfortably. She’d never been good at schoold gatherings like this. There were too many people around, and very few of them seemed to be paying attention to the headmaster’s speech.

She missed the feeling of Equie near her neck, alas the Tegu had gone into brumination a few days prior. Without his emotions, Kathrine felt like a part of her was gone. She pulled up her hood, trying to close herself off from the crowd around her.

Someone slowly moved their way through the crowd, which slightly annoyed Kathrine. It’s one thing not to pay attention to the speech, but this guy is distracting everyone who actually wanted to listen.

Kathrine instinctively folded in her wings as the blue haired boy pushed past, then quickly caught herself. She didn’t have wings. She was just a human here.

She turned her attention back to the headmaster, who was listing off the rules. She’d memorised them already, but something might have changed since then. And with something to focus on, she could pretend she was alone…

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
Most... Unfortunate.
It appeared the weasel will first make nice with the mouse. This is certainly not what he wanted, but it's still known most any species can befriend each other in the right environment. This, of course, doesn't make it right, merely less harmful.

Cedar would go on to hum, a habit ingrained by constant musical envelopment.

He smiled at the director. He felt bad for him, this seemed like an exceptional crowd, but for all the wrong reasons. A weasel, a mouse, a snake, and perhaps a cat. And, of course, a proposed eagle. That would still put him at the top, and yet a rare sighting...
Perfect.
He interluded his hums with chuckles, musing this silly metaphor.

ShadowedEevee

YJ-14
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Tabby
Time Zone
EST
Rei stood near the walls, cautiously glancing to each of his fellow classmates. Once in awhile he would try and approach someone, but the light weight of his backpack would snap him back into reality. He carried only one thing, his portable laptop. Just having it out of his sight still stopped him from making a great first introduction. He couldn't remember why he insisted on always having it with him, but it never helped when it came to giving him courage to approach people.

What if they find out what I can do? Will they still want to be my friend? His mind was racing like always, he couldn't screw this up, this was his fresh start. He looked down at his feet, trying to stop the barrage of damaging possible outcomes. He wasn't going to get anywhere with meeting people, so he just forgot about it and focused on the headmaster's speech.

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
The speech over, the older students were going to the classes,

The unexpectedness of someone coming right for her made Arya gasp, but she quickly composed herself, and smiled at him.

Jacques. She may be able to retain this conversation for about half an hour even if she didn't write it out. Jacques seemed friendly, from what she could tell. His body language showed extrovertedness. Her smile widened a little as she nodded at his joke concerning the director's speech.

"I'm Arya, I'm a junior too." She tilted her head to the side like she'd seen some animals did when they were curious. "So is this is your first year here too.oo?" The question almost sounded like an affirmation, but at the end she gave it the appropriate change of tone.

-

The director, welcome done, had waved everyone on. Most of the old-timers chose a specific direction around the halls. The school wasn't shaped like a closed building; instead, it consisted of a lot of open soaces and a group of smaller buildings which were divided by focus. One area focused on technology while another focused on mental abilities, and the open spaces were used for the physical abilities, for testing experiments and for other abilities that affected external elements.

"We have special plans in order to get a better idea of your abilities and strengths, but for now, dear students, you must be getting tired. So go on and explore the school! Eat! Rest! Meet your classmates! Have fun!" Finally, the director waved them off and went to talk to a couple of the teachers, dismissing the students.

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Jacques smiled and nodded in response. "Yup. Nice to meet you, Arya. Oh, I suppose I should give you a heads up. There's a cool guy over that way, haven't actually caught his name." He pointed in the direction of the boy he'd called Eagle before. "He did give me an animal related nickname. Weasel, I think he called me. I like it." He pulled up a map of the school on his phone, guessing that he could use this to find classrooms, dorms, and the like. If I stay here and mingle, I could meet everyone and start forming a social circle. If I explore I'll be more familiar with the layout and better suited to help Arya find her way around. Hmm, decisions decisions. He ran his left hand through his blue hair again. His brown eyes fell on the green eyed girl he'd passed by to get here. I was so close to her too, I should have introduced myself initially. Oh well, only one way to correct that faux paw. "Pardon me, I think I'll get to know our fellow students a little better. Oh and the map of the school can be found here." He turned his phone toward her so that she could see the map and the URL. He turned and started moving towards Kat.

Last edited:

ShadowedEevee

YJ-14
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Tabby
Time Zone
EST
As the director dismissed them, Rei panicked. If I'm going to meet people, I better do it now. Rei glanced around the room, looking at each of the small groups of students. He noticed a girl with blueish, almost black hair, that had just finished talking with another student. Taking a deep breath, he awkwardly strolled up to her.

"Uhh... hi, I'm... um... Rei." Each word was a struggle to get out, his nervous stammering garnering a few looks from other students. He extended his sweaty hand out for a handshake. "Nice to... uh... meet you."

Rei kept his head down, not making eye contact. I probably messed this up. I bet everyone will think I'm a freak even before they learn what I can do.

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Cult Classic
Arya nodded at Jacques. He was being helpful, but she actually preferred to take things at a slower pace. She looked at the map and at the boy he'd mentioned. "Got it. Thank you." She grinned at him, showing him she was grateful, and waved him off.

As he turned, another boy approached her almost immediately and introduced himself as Rei, sticking his hand out, his posture clearly showing he didn't want to stand out, in fact, he was nervous and uncomfortable doing so. But him coming to greet her despite that showed his courage. She smiled again and shook his hand.

"I'm Arya. And hey. It's all right. You're not the only one feeling nervous. Hm. Give me a moment." She took the note her parents had given her, then a pen from her pocket and quickly scribbled down Jacques' and Rei's names before she forgot. However, she mispelled Jacques as Jack, and she added (cool boy- animal nickname) next to it. She gave Rei an apologetic look. "Sorry. It helps me remember."

Last edited:

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
And a gerbil approaches the mouse.
They're sure to get along, even if he turns out a lemur. He smiles with this glance, passing just like time.

He approached the snake, a hand out to wave in perfect sync with his steps. That overdramatic **** you see in anime, too, none of that weak thinking-required polite 'hello.'
That'd be silly.

He tried to clear some area around himself, but not too much to disturb the order. Cedar shot a singular finger bullet at Devin, then put the gun back into the holster.
"So, solid snake, you're rather curious yourself aren't you. All dressed up and nowhere to go?"
Cedar grinned, a grunt escaping as his face configured, eyeing the injured foot.

Something about the snake made him interested...
It was definitely the get-up.
He could appreciate effort and the ilk, but even Cedar wouldn't do such a thing for the learning factory, even if factories are awesome.

ShadowedEevee

YJ-14
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Tabby
Time Zone
EST
Rei had barely listened to Arya. He only caught her name and how she commented on his nervousness. Rei awkwardly smiled at her. "Well, I've never... been good... at... uhm... indroductions." Rei had never thought about what he would say after his rehearsed introduction, although it did not seem carefully planned at all. Shoot, I never got this far. C'mon Rei, think of something to say.

While he was berating himself in his head, Arya was just waiting for his reply. She probably already knows I'm trouble. He finally abruptly muttered something out.

"So... what's with this... uhh... weather lately?"
Having never gotten this far, Rei had unknowingly used the worst conversation starter of all time. It was probably more embarrassing to retract the cliched line, so Rei decided to see how it would play out. She seems like the kind of girl that would easily brush it off and change the topic.

Rosel

Golden
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rosel, Nate
Time Zone
CST
Devin chuckled, and looked at Cedar with a glint in his eye. He seemed to straighten up, moving his "sprained" ankle flawlessly, as he put his hands into his pockets, and smiled.

"I've had only formal stuff in my closet since my second year in Middle School. Something about looking nice makes me feel a bit more refined than I actually am, ya know?" He straightened his tie, and looked around, watching as the people talked and enjoyed themselves, but a lot of others moving with purpose to the ability training areas. "I'm truthfully happy to be here, not often people like this, like us, I guess, get these types of chances."

He felt, tense. Like his body was trying to willpower through something that wasn't happening, this happened sometimes, where it seemed like his ability activated itself for next to no reason. He was trying to think past it, but didn't even think about it, letting his body do whatever it felt. Which was really nothing.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
As the ceremony ended, Maxwell started walking toward an exit when he overheard a blue haired boy in a rather impressive suit mention a map.
"Did you say something about a map of the school? Would you please show me as well? I don't want to gets and be late my first of class hehehe."
Maxwell laughed a bit more awkwardly than he wanted to.
Something about the blue hairdd boy impressed Maxwell.
Maxwell could smell the sweat of fear from manybof the other students, but this blue haired had no signs of fear.
he would be a good friend to have. Especially in such a new place.

Status
Not open for further replies.