Master Magics Five

bestow upon me knowledge
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
"Straightforward, hey? I appreciate it." Cedar offers a handshake, trying not to cringe as the injury wandered about the open space as any other, and briefly considered the man just wants attention.

Yet, nobody turns on a flashlight when they try to hide, do they?
Only the fearful who search on, knowing agony is abound with or without effort. Those who decide on the former, who take confidence and believe the only end is the one they make.
No, that's a bit melodramatic.
But he's probably not stupid.

"I find people here fun. Harder to read. School is meant to challenge you, yeah?"

While he spoke, he looked Devin up and down.
Is he trying to make a good impression?
Cute.

Disturbing.
Judging by his stress, however, it might not be a good idea to push any inquiry about his injury.
Backstory is hard to read from the cover.

Mystical

Glutu Malu Soñi
Cult Classic
Arya blinked. He was... talking about the weather? She looked at the sky, noticing the drifting clouds, and she remembered the different types of clouds from pictures on a book, and it was all very informative, but she wasn't sure if he really wanted to talk about that. People normally use the weather as a conversation opener, she remembered seeing the words written with her handwriting on her booklet of social interactions her parents had given her on her eleventh birthday. That made more sense, she supposed.

She dropped her gaze to him again. "Yeah. It's been getting colder lately. Perhaps we could go... talk somewhere more warm... that guy I was talking to before showed me a map of the campus. We could go explore." To be honest, Arya felt more comfortable with conversations when they were accompanied by visual stimulus, and exploring the place would probably be useful later.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Jacques's friendly grin still plastered on his face, he looked at this kid. "Yeah, sure thing." He took his phone back out of his pocket and opened back to the webpage. "Kind of a big place here, might be worth studying the maps." There was something about this guy that Jacques appreciated, perhaps it was that he seemed so quick to the point. "And seeing as we're sharing information anyway," Jacques paused extending his free hand. "I'm Jacques. Pleasure to make your acquaintance." He looked out towards where Kat was. I'll get around to greeting her eventually too. But these social opportunities do keep popping up. He shrugged nonchalantly while checking to see if this guy was wearing a name tag. "If you don't mind me asking; Is this your first rodeo or have you been through this song and dance before?" His tone remained jovial, as he slowly scanned the crowd for others he hadn't spoken to yet.

Moonwatcher

Darkness will rise to bring the light.
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
The speech ended. To Kat’s relief there was nothing new this time, she was still up to date on all the rules and regulation. The Headmaster instructed everyone to explore the school and meet each other and such.
“Meet your classmates” could wait ‘til last. Right now she just wanted to be away from all these unfamiliar people.

She wanted to get a better look around the grounds, and see what kind of wildlife lived in or nearby; the official website had been unhelpful on that point. But there were so many people in the way and she couldn’t deal with the crowd. She’d just get in someone’s way or get blocked off and be too afraid to just push past.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw the disruptive guy from earlier heading towards her. Her first instinct was to flee, but her escape path was blocked.

Maybe if I pretend not to notice him, he’ll go away?

Kat stared looking the other way, staring at the trees, hoping to find a bird of a squirrel or anything to distract her until everyone was gone.

N--

Currently Thinking
AKA
Nate, Le'Salle, Theo
Time Zone
CST
"I guess so." Devin shook his hand, his smile widening. "I'm Devin Phi, pretty sure I'm a Junior this year." He gestured towards an open bench, then looked at his completely wrapped ankle.

"Why don't we continue this conversation while sitting down? The Doctor told me not to stand on this thing too long" He cleared his throat in a joking way, imitating the Doctor's voice.
"No matter how much it 'may not hurt' you need to rest it like any normal person would." He chuckled at his own imitation of the Doctor.

But for real, he could feel his ankle starting to lock up, like the bones were condensing a bit, but it wasn't as bad as it could get yet. He could go another half-hour, at least, standing, walking, and doing everything like he normally would on the foot.

Gokudera

4th Dan
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Devin
"I appreciate it! That'll be really helpful!" Maxwell said, with a genuine smile on his face. Jacques seemed like a genuinely nice guy. Maxwell was happy he approached him first. Maxwell had hoped his lack of nerves meant was due to genuine likeability, and not egotism. And so far, it seemed to be the former.
"Oh, yeah. I've been through this plenty of times before. I'm a Junior, so I've heard different variations of this speech plenty of times. I honestly think the directors talk to each other and exchange notes on their opening speeches hahaha." Humor had never been Maxwell's strong suit, obviously. Still, he hoped that "joke" could break the ice a bit more with Jacques, and he could at least have someone as an acquaintance in this new school. It'd be even better if Jacques were a Junior.

Last edited:

Master Magics Five

bestow upon me knowledge
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
So, he isn't considered normal?
I suppose that is fostered around here.

Cedar gladly took the seat, as the more he may relax his own body the better—less energy spent on himself.
Hearing the man himself confess to his injury shoved Cedar's precautions aside. Perhaps he is only as fragile as he portrays, which would be hardly.
"Yeah, I mean, maybe you just got bad nerves."
As he spoke he fiddled with his pocket until he pulled out his shades, assuming that the sun would soon unleash its spite.
He giggled, putting them on.

"I'm Cedric Kunsgnos, a senior here. Don't tell me to spell it." He winks, immediately having forgotten his glasses. Probably saved him anyhow, he's not the most charismatic person, usually by far.
"So, quite how do you become unsure of your year?"

Last edited:

N--

Currently Thinking
AKA
Nate, Le'Salle, Theo
Time Zone
CST
Devin stretched his arms and legs as he sat down. Chuckling as he mentioned the 'pretty sure i'm a junior' statement he had made earlier. "Well, my previous school had a weird credit system that made it seem like no matter where I went I was gonna be a Sophomore again, but luckily enough I actually passed everything. But the suspense is still in my brain, my whole 'thing' makes everything a lot harder to forget about."

He was talking about, of course, the secondary part of his "ability", how he could hold onto something in his head for longer, or refuse to forget it, to make it harder for anyone to get into his head, a rigorous mental fortitude. "And yeah, I'd say the physical part of my un-normality factor, is just a lack of awareness from a lot of my nerves, but when it comes to how I think, it's a blessing and a curse."

He sat there, his ankle completely relaxed, and slowly un-clumping. It was never very clumped in the first place, but the fact of the matter was, that it was a situation that was averted way before it was even an idea.

ShadowedEevee

That One Eevee
AKA
Tabby, Shadow
Time Zone
EST
Red internally rejoiced at Arya's response. His racing mind wouldn't stop him from making friends. Marking his insignificant victory, he nodded and agreed with her. "Yeah... it is getting colder... I don't really go outside much." He stopped and rethought his last sentence. "I do go outside, so don't think I'm a weirdo!"

He sighed, a victory here, a loss there. "So let's go find someplace nicer." He mumbled as he turned to leave.

Master Magics Five

bestow upon me knowledge
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
"Aw."
Unlike Devin, Cedar had to constantly pay attention and stay on beat lest he lose all focus, and life is perhaps the most complex song.
He'd love to see a chart of it, though.

This aspect induced a lot of stress, stress that he has supposedly defeated for now, but when the time comes that he fails, it will only be more painful. So he had to listen to the hearts, most of all his own, as it was the only reliable one.
It also means he's definitely not a morning person.

All of his ****'s a curse, he thought. Luckily he doesn't do that much.
Insert a joke here, as per the previous pattern.

Cedar searched the area. Not with his eyes, of course, their strength is failing, but he doesn't want help. It lets him search with his ears.
A few seconds pass, an awkward silence as his blank expression solidified. Maybe there'd be a cricket chirp, even, if it were later in the day. Finally, he heard Devin's name, and by fate, 'twas between staff, as they discussed his disability, and the one lacked knowledge of his year...
"You're good, dude. You're a Junior. And, next, you'll ask me if I'm okay. Of course I am."
He smirked, and allowed Devin a reaction, as he expected the former sentence to at least spark some joy.

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Jacques gave a polite chuckle. "Yeah, they do drone on and on about the exact same sort of thing at every school I've been to." He liked this guy. "I'm a junior myself, actually so I've heard most of their spiels before." He looked down at his hands counting the number of schools he'd been kicked out of and stopping abruptly. "Maybe four or five times" He lied, knowing it was closer to seven or eight. He turned about to leave and caught himself halting after a single step. "I don't think I caught your name."

Mystical

Glutu Malu Soñi
Cult Classic
A smile twitched on Arya's lips at Reid's response. He agreed with her idea! Her smile spread into a genuine grin.

"Great! Let's go."

She turned around to match the area with the image Jacques had shown her. As she looked at her surroundings, she caught sight of the other students nearby. Her eyes shifted over them to the buildings. But then she stopped. One of the students seemed familiar. In her mind, she shifted around the people she'd met before, and landed on a classmate she'd met before. They had been friends, or very close to that.

"Kat...?" She called out. Almost without thinking, she turned to Reid and waved at him to come with her, before heading towards the girl standing on her own.

Gokudera

4th Dan
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Devin
"That's great! I guess we'll be seeing each other around class! It was nice to meet, you Jacques!" Maxwell was genuinely happy he met Jacques. From what he could tell, he was a good person. Maxwell began to walk away, decided to go look around and get more familiar with the school grounds when he heard Jacques mention something...Wait...Did Maxwell really forget to introduce himself? Great way to make a first impression. Come up and talk to someone, have a whole conversation, and never even tell them your name. It's a wonder he kept talking to you. Maxwell's thoughts weren't always kind to him.
"Oh! I'm so sorry! My name's Maxwell Cross! It's...nice to formally meet you!"
Maxwell said, his nervousness coming from his voice like a neon sign.

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Maxwell Cross Jacques's inner monologue repeated. Okay so far we've got Arya, Maxwell, and the eagle eyed fellow He walked steadily ahead keeping a calm pace casually looking at his phone every so often. Seems Arya's noticed the girl with green eyes too. Hopefully one or both have seen me approach, I'd hate to startle someone. His eyes drifted back over to the one he'd called "Eagle". Seems he's been in a deep conversation with that other guy. I could go introduce myself, but I might be getting in Eagle's way. His eyes landed on Rei. He looks interesting as well, better meet him properly soon too. But first I want to get to know this emerald eyed gal, she looks familiar although I can't place where I've seen her before and certainly can't recall a name. He continued his slow obvious approach towards Kat.