Not open for further replies.

Rosel

Golden
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rosel, Nate
Time Zone
CST
"None taken." Devin had no idea what he was talking about. This usually happens when he rails a conversation towards more intellectual subjects, he wasn't stupid, but he had always been a sports guy, moreso in the way that he didn't care much about classes for the fact of what he was learning, but he was just focused on digesting the material and moving on with his life.

"I'd have to go with Language Arts too, probably the easiest subject compared to the other core ones." Devin spoke full truth there, he found it that Math was about stuff that people just told you was right, and Science and History were both just memorization of things you learned, English was easy because everything was already set in stone, and falls into each other, it's an 'everyone helps everyone' type deal.

----------------------

His eyes were tight shut, before the jolt of electricity rushed through his veins. "I wasn't even asleep that time, just resting my eyes..." Zen rubbed his eyes, blinking rapidly as he focused in on everything around him. I wish I could set when this thing about woke me up, I hear the same thing from my dad every day. Not worth staying up for, really. He started to stumble towards the student dormatories, hoping to just find where he needed to be, and get the rest it seemed like he constantly desired.

Last edited:

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
As Arya saw Jacques waving, she remembered she hadn't introduced Rei and Kat.

"Oh, sorry, uh, by the way, this is Rei," Arya motioned at the boy. "Rei this is Kat, she's an old classmate... and..." She looked at Jacques and waved back. "He's Jacks..." she trailed off, not wanting to ignore either of them but also not sure what to do.

---

Oliver had looked at the student body while the director was talking, looking for targets, but that would have been too easy. He decided to wait until most students had gone.

His eyes searched the crowd of students still around, and landed on a boy who was standing alone, busy with his cellphone. Perfect. His target: the boy's pocket. And so, he walked forward, pretending he knew where he was going, arms swinging slightly as he went. As he neared the boy, his hand swung towards his pocket, without touching skin or pulling, and his fingers closed around something. Excellent. He kept going a few more steps before opening his backpack and letting the object fall as he grabbed his jacket.

ShadowedEevee

YJ-14
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Tabby
Time Zone
EST
Rei was frightened when Arya introduced Kat. I don't think I could pull an encore performance of my introduction. His mind raced, his palms sweated, and fear consumed him. He never thought what would happen if another person entered the equation, it was another unpredictable varible in his mind. One was fine, but anymore and his mind overloaded, breaking down.

"It's uhh... uhh... nice to.... hmm... meet... uhh... you." Rei put forth his best effort to form a simple sentence. He felt like he was autopilot, he couldn't think straight. Oh no, this isn't going to be good.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
After Maxwell finished texting his parents, he decided it would probably be a good idea to download the map to the school. The place looked pretty big, so getting lost wasn't entirely out of the realm of possibilities. As he looked at the percentage going up, he noticed a new smell, one that was familiar to him. Namely, leather. He checked his pocket, and noticed his wallet was missing. He then looked up and saw a boy he was unfamiliar with put something in his backpack. Maxwell walked closer to the boy so he would have a harder time trying to run if he decided to try.
"You're a pretty good pickpocket. Unfortunately, you lucked out in trying to steal from the guy with a really good sense of smell. Heck,if you pickpocketed anyone else here, you'd probably have gotten away with it, but I've had the wallet a long time, and I can recognize it's smell immediately. If you could give me back my wallet, I'd like to start our first meeting over. Hi, I'm Maxwell. It's nice to meet you!"

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
As Oliver looked up, he saw the kid he'd pickpocketed from. At first he was going to put up an innocent act, but his façade faded at the words. He sweatdropped. He'd been found out.

"Ahah, yeah, sorry bro, but daang, that's cool, man! That's like a lie detector and thief alarm all packed into one! Ah, of course, here you go."

He picked the wallet from where it had fallen in his backpack, his face a shade redder than normal. He looked at Maxwell, trying not to make his anxiousness too obvious and extended his hand with the wallet on it.

"Oliver Matthews at your service, and it's nice to meet you too, Maxwell. Uh, hope there's no hard feelings?"

He gave the other boy a questioning look. Not many people pinpointed him as the person who'd stolen from them, and even less were this pleasant about it, but as long as the stolen objects were returned, there was no reason for it to become a big deal.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Jacks? Okay, that's gonna require a slight correction. Play it cool. Jacques walked over "Jacques, actually, but close enough. I know Arya already, but I don't believe I've had the honor of introducing myself to either of yo..." He briefly tripped over his own foot but managed to catch himself. "That would have been a major mistake. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

No one's looking? Oh thank goodness. Hmm, folks will probably be heading to the dorms. Or milling about the cafeteria, or checking the halls. Ozy seemed to pause briefly, having caught his second wind after that encounter with the wall. I'll find someone soon enou... Ah, those two are relatively close Ozy turned slowly facing towards Devin and his interlocutor. Stay calm, they look fairly new to the school. Perhaps they could use a guide. "H-hi, pardon the intrusion. You two wouldn't happen to need help navigating the school, by any chance." He fiddled briefly with the ankh he carried around his neck. "Right, I should probably introduce myself properly. I'm Ozymandias, Ozy for short, I'm a senior and I've been attending Mystwind for the entirety of my highschool education so far. If you need any assistance I'd be glad to help out."

Rosel

Golden
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rosel, Nate
Time Zone
CST
Devin turned his attention from Cedric to Ozy, and chuckled. "I'm Devin Phi, but you can call me Devin or Dev." He looked around, slightly in awe of the large school. "I think I should be fine. Might only really need help navigating the labyrinth I've heard the classrooms seem to be." He chuckled again. Devin was actually quite absent-minded in the moment. The only thing that was going through his head was his ankle, and the height difference between himself and Ozy. It was odd.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
"Nice to meet you, Oliver! And you're fine. I've had people try to steal my wallet before. No one has succeeded, obviously." Maxwell chuckled. "I've found that asking someone to give my wallet back nicely is the easiest way to resolve the issue. Anyway, I'm a Junior, and its my first time here. How about you?
Maxwell was relieved that his idea worked. He had no particular attachment to his wallet, but he's be devastated if he lost the money inside. He would feel ashamed if he had to ask his parents for more money.

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
"ai ai ai-"
Cedric coughed, then appeared dumbfounded.
The school surely wasn't that big?
Never heard of Cedar?
A shame.

Poor soul needs a blessing, n' he's walked into it. Cedric adjusted his glasses.
"Found I forgot my cane t'smorning. Could use some help, then."
He smiled blankly at the man, or his general direction anyway.
Hopefully not right at his face.
That would give it away.

Last edited:

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
The world seemed to slow around Ozy. Again? Mid-conversation too. I'm going to have to slow down my response, otherwise I might be perceived as talking a mile a minute. He took a breath and responded the way he'd intended to allowing the words to leave his mouth at a normal rate compared to how he was seeing time. "You're... Right, that would certainly be a problem." He said in direct response to Cedric. "The school is built to test... Well, I suppose they want us to call them powers or abilities. But some are more detrimental than others. So you'll see labyrinthine classrooms to test speed or something like telepathy. My own ability is more of a curse really, seems to slow time or speed up time but only in relation to myself. Can't control it really and right now I'm perceiving the world as slightly slower than normal." Suddenly the world seemed to return to normal. Need to get a grasp on that thing. "Oh thank goodness it stopped. As long as you follow the sound of someone's voice, Dev or my own would work for navigating hallways, you should be fine." He caught himself, realizing he'd forgotten to ask the blind kid's name. "Referring to you as 'you' might be a little confusing when talking to other students. What's your name?"

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
"Oh. Sorry." Arya took her paper and crossed out 'Jacks' and wrote the correct spelling. "Is it French...?" As she looked up, she noticed Rei freezing up, again. She took a deep breathe, trying to calm herself, hoping he would do the same. "It's fine..." She trailed off and looked around.

If she really focused, Arya could notice small details of things happening around her, like the boys now talking to the "cool kid" Jacques had pointed out before, wondering how they did it. Rei, Kat and her seemed to be slower at gaining up the confidence to talk in large groups. Hers mostly because it became harder to recall the small details that conversations required, so she generally prefered to stay silent.

Oliver grinned, more relaxed at Maxwell's answer. "Haha, well, it may not always work, man, but sure is a cool idea. I'm a sophomore, first year for me, too." He paused and looked around, then returned his attention to Maxwell. "Can I be honest with you?"

Last edited:

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
"You're probably right, but It's working fine for now, at least haha." Maxwell laughed, while still keeping guard of his pocket. Never can be too sure.
"Oh, so we're in different years. Oh well, maybe we could hang out on breaks and after school. If you need the map, I can show you where to download it. I got it from Jacques over there" Maxwell pointed to Jacques, who was conversing with two female students.
Maxwell was still looking at the other students when he heard Oliver say something interesting. "Can I be honest with you?" I wonder what that could mean..."
"Sure, Oliver, what's up?"

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
Kat’s face fell slightly, but she quickly tried to cover it up with indifference.

“Equi’s-” Kathrine stopped herself. While brumation was the correct term, Arya might not know what it meant, and she didn’t feel that this was the time to get into a long explanation.
“Hibernating. I won’t see much of him until spring…”

Arya introduced the boy that she had been talking to before. Ray? Or was it Rei? Either way he seemed awkward here, unsure of what to say. Perhaps he was a kindred spirit? Or did he just not want to talk to her specifically?
“Nice to meet you too.” She replied, her voice sounding a little more cold than intended.
Stupid. Now he’ll dislike you anyway.
Not that he wouldn’t already…

The boy from before had finally arrived.
As he introduced himself, trying to be all cool, only to trip over his own feet midway through. Kat tried to hide a smile, and simply nodded in return. “Same”

Kat wasn’t sure why, but while she still wouldn’t say she liked him, Kat felt there was something about this Jacques. He was persistent alright. Probably a wannabe Casanova or something. But maybe his persistence would be good, then he wouldn’t…

She was starting to feel uncomfortable again. Too much hiding and unpredictability with human conversations. She was never sure what to say and how much to reveal to avoid scaring people away…

She directed her attention back to Arya.
“So, um, I was going to look around, see if there are any gardens or anything…”
Kat hoped that Arya would want to come along, but she didn’t want to ask and drag her away from her new friends/acquaintances.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Oliver nodded at Maxwell's offer, looking in the direction Maxwell had pointed. He made a mental note to himself about them for later, but for now his focus was on the confession he was planning to make. Though he wasn't sure if opening up was the right thing to do, Maxwell had been friendly so far. Finally his mouth twisted into a half-smile half-smirk.

"Oh, nothing's up, exactly. I just don't buy it."

"You mean me catching you?" Maxwell asked. "Well, to be completely honest, I've come to memorize the smell of my wallet. My family didn't exactly grow up in a good neighborhood, so I'm kind of used to people trying to nick my wallet. So my nose has memorized the combination of leather and...well, me haha. And when I noticed that smell, I saw you putting something in your backpack, and looking around. I made an educated guess as to who took it. I just happened to be right" Maxwell smiled at Oliver through all that explanation, which surprised him. He pursed his lips and combed a hand through his hair.

"That's... Not exactly what I meant, man, heh, but that's interesting." He actually felt some form of pity for his fellow student, but tried to brush it off with a bad joke. "Yeah, I'd guess you would get used to your own smell, huh?" Now Maxwell would see him for the insensitive jerk he was, and would get away from him. He didn't need to be dragged down along with Oliver's bad habits.

With a sigh, Oliver schooled his emotions. His expression remained blank.

"I was actually referring to the whole school slogan, how are they going to help us with our abilities. But..." He shrugged. Maybe they would actually be good for Maxwell, but not for him. "I guess there's not much explanation to what I can do, so I don't know if... uh." He trailed off, looking at the school. It was best if he didn't say anything more. Maxwell didn't need his backstory, distance was better.

"Anyway." He expected Maxwell to leave after what he said. He wouldn't blame him.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Oh!...Oh...I...huh...Sorry about that. I...hehe" Maxwell's entire face had gone a shade of red resembling a tomato, so he was glad that Oliver changed the subject quickly. He was also glad that Oliver didn't dwell on Maxwell's upbringing. He was already embarassed enough for 2 lifetimes.

"Huh...I can see where you're coming from. Everyone has their own unique ability, and it would be rather hard for them to help everyone hone those skills without a specialized class for all of them or something. But I don't it's probably better for all of us to be in a place with others that have special skills. Maybe they just want us to work together, and from there our skills can organically grow. I mean, I'd rather be in a place where I know everyone else is going through something similar...At least here we won't be looked down on."
Maxwell started trailing off a bit, lost in thought, partly from what Oliver said.

Rosel

Golden
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Rosel, Nate
Time Zone
CST
Zen looked around, watchiing the clusters of kids, as the mingled amongst himself. He understood that his tedency of sleeping through the initial annoucements lead to also missing the dipersions of students. So, (not for the first time) he was left to his own devices. As he stumbled around like a drunkard, he earned a few questionable gazes from the more well-kept students, and a couple chuckles as he almost tripped on himself a few times.

As he advanced through a large open space, he was focused on his feet. And he just watched as his feet twisted and winded, he always disregarded being pigeon-toed, as it always acted in when he was nervous, and it seemed like it was one of those moments.

He just suddenly stopped, looked around, and a wave of disappointment and a bit of fear as he noticed all the nearby benches were taken. So, in a turmoil of thoughts, thinking through all the situation, Zen calmly sighed, and sat down. In the middle of the assembly hall. And waited, for his mental to calm down.

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Jacques nodded "Yeah, my great grandparents were French so my mother decided to name me after one of them." Hmm Kat seems interesting, if a little uncomfortable. Probably should take care to not exacerbate that. He looked back down at his phone and brought the map back up. "Looks like there's a few gardens around the back of the building. You two," He said gesturing toward Kat and Arya respectively, "could go on ahead and check them out." His eyes briefly shifted around the room, noticing that Maxwell had started a conversation with another student. Next he noticed the trio conversing across the room. And finally in his peripheral vision he'd noticed a student stumbling. Okay so Eagle is talking with two guys I haven't met yet... Maxwell's conversing with someone I don't yet know. And then there's the poor stumbling one, should probably prioritize talking to him after this.

ShadowedEevee

YJ-14
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Tabby
Time Zone
EST
Rei had slowly realized that he was getting slowly pushed out of the conversation. He was fine with it, but after he had tried so hard to work up the courage to talk to Arya, he felt a bit disappointed. He never was the one to speak up if he had something to say, and even then he knew that anything he would say would make the situation more awkward than it already was. He decided to stay quiet.

Mystical

Ysabel
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Arya grinned at Kat, she would love to explore! But didn't feel right just leaving the other two behind.

Jacques told her about his heritage and she nodded, quickly writing that down. As he suggested the two of them explore the gardens, she sighed and smiled gratefully.

"Yes, that's a good idea."

But Rei was still standing there... Not saying anything.

"Rei...?" He was acting similarly to an abandoned animal; scared of repercussions, afraid to trust again. If he had been an animal she would know what to do, but humans were more complex, and she couldn't be sure of the exact cause of his silence, or if she was reading too much into it. She smiled at him, trying to tell him he didn't have to worry, that everything would be all right.

-

Oliver looked at Maxwell, puzzled that he had stayed. He thought about the other boy's words, and how he seemed to trust Oliver. Even his parents and own friends hadn't been completely comfortable with his ability and with him.

"Perhaps you're right, yeah. Maybe we can help each other. And no one should get to decide who we are except ourselves."

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Might have stepped on his toes by mistake... Metaphorically speaking. Just gotta move on. He said a quick, perhaps unnecessarily quick, farewell to the trio and started moving towards the stumbling student. He put on his best friendly smile, figuring that the old saying about flies and honey would hold true as he made his approach. Stopping just next to the lad, he opened his mouth and began to speak. "You alright, pal? You seem a little lost." He began, thinking that perhaps this would be a decent way to break the ice. If he needs assistance navigating, the map I found online might help. Alternatively he also seems mildly uncomfortable, but I'm sure there's a reason for that. He gripped the phone that had been returned to his pants pocket. Just in case he needed to show the map or the school's website's URL again.

Status
Not open for further replies.