Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
“Cedar, if you please,” the boy replied. He shifted his shoulder, then offered a hand.
“I’m sure the slow’ll help you think more. If that’s ever needed, I guess.”
Cedric then pondered his own abilities, recognizing their potential, and that perhaps he would have to go full Daredevil to get close.
Not that he’d mind that too much, though it’d make games a tad harder.

wait I could’ve said my name was Yuu-“

N--

beyond stupid
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Nate, Le'Salle, Theo
Time Zone
CST
Zen looked up at him, his eyes out of focus as he listened to his voice. "Uh no. I'm just.... tired? Tired." He didn't exactly look to make a bunch of conversation. He directed his eyes back to the ground, as he processed somehing. "Why would he even come over here. I mean, kid sitting in the middle of the floor doesn't scream 'ready for conversation'" He looked up at him once again. "I know my way around, just, waiting a bit." He stayed quiet about his 'ability' as long as he could in a lot of situations, 'I process things faster than you or anyone else probably could' came off a bit pretentious.

ShadowedEevee

YJ-14
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Tabby
Time Zone
EST
Rei was a bit surprised when Arya talked to him. He was spacing out, and that rushed him back to reality. He had missed what she had said, but he could see she was worried for him from her face. "I'm fine, I'm... uhh... not really good with people... I don't really know..." He mumbled out. Most of the time he wouldn't be approached by anyone new because of his reputation, he never knew how to respond to other people. Looking at Arya, he sighed and said, "I had a bad reputation back home, so I'm sorry if I'm awkward."

Moonwatcher

/人◕‿‿◕人\
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Shruikan, Moon, ScrollWyrm
Time Zone
BST
As Jacques slipped away Kat felt relieved, and at the same time slightly sad. Why was she warming to this guy so fast? He seemed to be exactly the kind of person that she avoided. But he’d found the map and the gardens for them, and then left them alone instead of insisting he go with them. Something was definitely up. Maybe he was a Vampire or something that could alter perception somehow, like a Kitsune…

As the Rei explained his reputation to Arya Kat’s head snapped up, paying more attention to him than before.
Perhaps he was more of a kindred spirit after all. She listened intently, trying to pick up as much about this kid as possible.
One thing was obvious; he seemed to need Arya as much as she did.

“Um, If you’re ok with animals, you could come with us?”

Kat avoided making eye contact. She half hoped that he’d say no, while also desperately wanted to get to know him better, so as to know to classify him as friend or foe. This teen who was the first human she understood as though he wee an animal…

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
Arya nodded as Rei explained his situation. She didn't understand much about reputations, other than they somehow guided how people thought of you. She understood he was nervous, though.

She was about to comment, but she wasn't sure what exactly, when Kat asked him to join. She looked at her friend.

"Are you sure...? He's acting like a lost and mistreated pup, but he's human...?" She knew how her friend felt about humans, and she wouldn't push. If Kat wanted to spend time only the two of them that's what they would do. But she also wanted to help Rei, even though she honestly didn't know how to.

Godot

Coffee Drinkin' College Student
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Jacques shrugged "Fair enough. I've personally been trying to introduce myself to folks." Guess he's just extremely lethar... Lathar... What is that word again? Synonyms work. Lazy. He seems sorta lazy. "I'm Jacques, by the way." He extended a hand, meaning for a handshake although it could also be interpreted as offering to help this guy up.

Ozy gave a sort of half shrug, lifting one arm. "Never thought of it that way. But yeah, I suppose it can be useful." ...Provided I figure out how to control it. "Generally speaking most of our peers, especially most first timers, will probably try to keep information about their abilities close to the chest. So to speak. It can be difficult adjusting to an environment where the unusual is the norm." He paused a moment. Should I share my theory that the staff are just like us? It is only a theory after all and I have little in way of evidence to back it up... No, better hold onto that one until I've got more evidence to support it.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
"Exactly! At least here, no one will look down on us for having abilities that make us 'different'. Here, we can all be ourselves, without being judged.
And we can both help each other if we need it, right Oliver? Hehehe".

Maxwell was happy he'd already met two friendly other kids. His interaction with Oliver got off to a rocky start, but he didn't sense any real ill-will from Oliver. He wasn't entirely sure why, since he tried to steal from Maxwell but his conversation with Oliver seemed to confirm Oliver wasn't a bad kid.

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
Oliver observed Maxwell, getting the feeling of openness and trust, despite what he'd said about his past. His reaction puzzled Oliver, but it also touched him.

"Yeah, for sure, Max!." He smiled. "Anyway. What do you say we look around before that old director man calls us for whatever reason or we have to go to class?" He turned his attention to the buildings and the other kids still hanging around somewhat nearby. It occured to him that perhaps he could try his ability in some other way, Maxwell too if he wanted. His hands twitched with anticipation of a new challenge. "Maybe we'll find something interesting."

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
"We could maybe go talk to some of the other students." Maxwell said, as he looked around, and found Jacques with another boy Maxwell hadn't met yet.
"I already met that kid, his name is Jacques. He's a nice guy. I don't know the other boy, but this is a great change for all of us to get to know each other better, I think" Maxwell pointed to Jacques, and decided to slowly start walking towards the other two boys, waiting for Oliver to follow.
Maxwell was a bit worried Oliver might try to steal something from one or both of them, but he'd just figure out what to do next if he needed to.

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Jacques could see Maxwell approaching out of the corner of his eye. I was just going to take my leave so I could meet the guy Maxwell was talking to. Seems they saved me the trouble. He tried his best to keep his focus on the guy in front of him. "Might be best to hold off on your introduction for a moment, at least until the two approaching students get here. One of them I've met already, the other is an unknown factor." He didn't bother specifying, perhaps assuming that this guy was at least a little more observant than him. Almost certainly going to be tough befriending someone so "talkative", but perhaps it's worth the effort... As for that unknown factor, I don't know what to make of them quite yet.

N--

beyond stupid
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Nate, Le'Salle, Theo
Time Zone
CST
Zen had opened his mouth, but he had heard the group talking, he'd calmed down from his wonderful walking experience and it seemed like everything was moving through his head at a normal speed. "Yeah, I guess so." His voice was still mostly flat, as he slowly leaned forward and his eyelids began to feel heavy.

"Oh boy."

He shook his head, his hair flipping around, and his eyes popping back up, for a split-second before going back to half-open.

-----------------

"I mean, if we're fine with talkin' about them, I've got a little extra endurance!" He said, wiggling his wrapped foot around, as if undamaged. There was no grimace of pain on his face, just a big grin. "Helps when I get injured, so I don't have to sit in a cast for 3 and a half years for no reason." Dev chuckled. He found his own unusuality to be pretty fun, sometimes it was a bit dangerous, but most of the time, he didn't care much.

Mystical

Dragon Spirit
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Cult Classic
Oliver paused, looking at the boy Max had mentioned. Jacques. He raised a brow, looking at him and the boy besides him. The other one seemed about to fall over. Weird...

He squared his shoulders and followed, noticing two girls and a boy who seemed to be heading away. He cocked his head, a new challenge idea presenting itself to him, and he gave Maxwell a sideways smile. Maybe being in a school with people with pecularities could end up being a good thing after all. For now, though, he would not cause a bad first impression.

Once they were close enough, he nodded at Jacques and the other boy.

"Yo!"

N--

beyond stupid
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Nate, Le'Salle, Theo
Time Zone
CST
Zen looked up, as he heard a "Yo!" and looked in the direction. He was sitting with his arms draped over his knees, and head leaning back. He slowly started to move to a cross-legged position. His head slowly pulling forward, as it seemed like he was finally getting out of his someone drowsy state. Then, he finally got up, although stumbling a bit. His eyes still cocked.

"Yo...." His voice dragged on, as it seemed like he had just woken up, his hair still frazzled, and his standing position was, unstable at best, wavering in any direction at any moment. He just held a slight smile, to project some type of welcoming.

Master Magics Five

「ハイウェイ・スター」
AKA
Efflore, BloodClaw
Time Zone
EST (UTC -5:00)
Switch FC
SW-4046-4239-6610
"Right."
Cedar was mostly unaware of the less usual powers, under belief that his own are a result of fine-tuning. He retracted his hand and gazed vacantly, a thing easier to do when behind glasses.
"How do you guys think people will react to a diploma from here? The unusual are kinda unappealing by default, aren't they?"
He was less concerned about his future and more about conducting such thought experiments. Science wasn't his favorite, but curiosity left in a cage only results in scratches.
Perhaps he wouldn't think something as metaphorical as that, though.

Godot

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Connor
Time Zone
Central Time
Jacques turned with a grin. "Sup" His hand in his suit pocket reaching for his phone. Worst case scenario this guy will be a drag to talk with. Best case scenario, one more for the social circle. Hand around the phone he slid the device out of his pocket, clearly a year or two out of date but still functional. If one good thing comes from being in this new school, it might just be having new people to hang out with or cheat off of. Just need to be careful that the teachers don't catch me like the last ones did. He extended his free hand toward the kid Maxwell had approached with, while simultaneously scrolling through something on the phone.

Ozy stared back blankly, he'd never considered how a diploma from this school might be received. "Perhaps somewhere down the line it might cost us a chance at college or something. Never gave it much thought before." Not to mention that some of the teachers have diplomas from this place, but most don't... That's a minor hole in the theory, but it probably doesn't mean much. "Hopefully this year's assignments won't be too crazy. Last year there was this whole obstacle course thing we had to navigate as a team of three... My team only made it half-way before the team dynamic started to fall through, some people just don't work well with others."