Sword/Shield Spoiler [NEED HELP] Shinies Are Cool Bro, But What's Your Diglett Count?

Gigarchomp99

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IST (GMT+5:30)
IGN
Gargee
IoA is great and everything but this is definitely the most frustrating thing I've encountered in any Pokemon game. Why does the Digging Dude have 151 Digletts just chilling around out of their Pokeballs or the PC? How did they cross the seas to reach those faraway islands? If they're gonna go back when you just talk to them, why don't they just go back on their own?

I've spent way too many hours on this stupid side-quest and I'm now giving up and running to YouTube for some step-by-steps, but before that, just thought I'd post here to see if I'm the only one this bad at it or if you guys are also struggling.

I've managed to find technically 88 Diglett -- so actually only 87 because the first one is found automatically -- without needing outside help. What about y'all?

(Edit: Just found one more in Honeycalm Sea as I was getting my Dragon Scale! 89/151 now.)

Last edited:

Vaporeon

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
I’ll admit I find it pretty frustrating as well. I’ve found around 130 so far without looking anything up. The last 20 are proving to be a real pain to find.

Anthrix

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
Greenwich Mean Time
I'm down to the final 20, but I have 5 to find in the wetlands area. I can't find any at all? Beginning to think the game is bugged :P.

Rex

Regular Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
EST
I only had to look up the last one. I usually like these kinds of missions but this one definitely began to drag towards the end.

Gigarchomp99

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IGN
Gargee
After seeing you guys' replies I decided to hold off on the looking up and now I have 103 Diglett (got my HA Litten yay) and a yelling from my dad for peering into my Switch Lite with my eyes way too close to the screen than is healthy.

I'm down to the final 20, but I have 5 to find in the wetlands area. I can't find any at all? Beginning to think the game is bugged :P.
Honestly, the Soothing Wetlands are the worst. I still have 10 left in the Wetlands lol. There is simply too much other stuff going on, with all the grass and fallen leaves and branches. Near impossible to spot Diglett hair. On the other hand, god bless the beachy areas!

I only had to look up the last one. I usually like these kinds of missions but this one definitely began to drag towards the end.
Yeah I feel like 151 is too much. I wouldn't even bother (okay I'm lying, of course I would, gotta catch 'em all or you have that itch in your brain + cannot let anything in the game be left unfinished!!! gotta empty ALL the Boutiques!!!), but the 6IV HA Diglett sounds like a tempting reward.

Vaporeon

Rookie Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
I finally got all mine and got that 6 IV Diglett! Thankfully it was a male, so I can use it for breeding.

Gigarchomp99

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IGN
Gargee
I finally got all mine and got that 6 IV Diglett! Thankfully it was a male, so I can use it for breeding.
Oh yay, congrats! You gave me the idea to soft reset for a male 6IV Diglett (even though I'm quite a ways from catching 'em all yet), since it'll be a very helpful addition to my 5IV Ditto. Thanks!

Gigarchomp99

Junior Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Time Zone
IGN
Gargee
Okay so many days have passed and I'm still no closer to completing this damned quest. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, maybe my eyesight is just that bad, but I still have 28 MORE DIGLETT to find. I don't even know what guides to look at. I tried Austin John Plays' one, but since I'm terrible with directions, I can't follow him because he's not continuous (he just cuts to different places instead of actually going to those places). Any guides you guys could suggest or any help will be appreciated! This is getting way too frustrating lol.

I have 28 Diglett left, divided so:
Soothing Wetlands: 5
Forest of Focus: 3
Challenge Beach: 3
Brawler's Cave: 1
Challenge Road: 2
Courageous Cavern: 1
Loop Lagoon: 1
Training Lowlands: 1
Workout Sea: 4
Insular Sea: 2
Honeycalm Sea: 2
Honeycalm Island: 1

I'm gonna go at it once more (and then once more, probably), but it's not looking very promising, my efforts. Any help appreciated! Thanks!