Time Zone
UTC -8 (Pacific Time)
3DS FC
3540-0538-1086
Switch FC
SW-1778-2704-5495
IGN
Benjamin
What do you think the new region will be based on? I’m betting it’s either another Europe region or an Australian one.

Biohazard

Cool Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
i rly want a region based on scandinavia, russia or the british isles. tbh i'm sick of warmer regions, and colder one wouldn't be bad

Resolute

To the beat of his own drum
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Ben, Res, Baguettes, Baggy
Time Zone
EST
I'd be down for a region based on Australia or China.

smoky

afterglow
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
i really wanna see a country based on the u.k. or russia

anywhere cold basically

Vulture

that guy, you know
A cold region would be nice just to mix up when you get Ice types if nothing else. Early game Ice would be a lot more interesting for me personally than another region with early game Bug/Grass types.
An Canada/Alaska region would be good in my books.

Revan

Wound in the Force
Staff Emeritus
AKA
Ravey, Steve
Time Zone
US Central Time
Spain would be really cool. There's a lot to see there and tons of big parks and stuff near Barcelona. Or anywhere with good scenery like New Mexico and Alaska, those would be awesome too. I'd like to see a region based off of Australia too.

Bones Barlow

Ghost with the Most
AKA
Bones
Time Zone
EST/GMT -5
3DS FC
5370-0907-5084
Switch FC
SW-0851-1998-5587
I'd really like to get a region based on a colder part of the world, for sure. That said, I'd also love a region based on Spain, Italy, or Greece. Those countries are rife with fuel for a Pokemon region.

seaturtle

Spirit Bridge
Administrator
Rainbow Rocket Executive
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
MST
Switch FC
SW-3906-8627-4487
Australia would be cool, and I'd love to see one based off of Europe. Having a really cold/snowy region could be cool though, Sinnoh sorta had that vibe but didn't really focus on Ice types. Giving Ice some love would be sweet.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
An Canada/Alaska region would be good in my books.
Hell yeah, I'd be down for a Canadian inspired region.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the new region based off of Europe or Australia. For Europe, my best guess would be the UK, Spain or Italy. Y'know, one of the more "popular" European countries. For Australia, I'd imagine there'd be more of a focus on the Eastern side of it, probably with Sydney being the center piece of the region.

Vesphira

=^.^=
AKA
Ves
Time Zone
EST
Australia would be awesome. We could have a professor that looks like Crocodile Dundee or acts like Steve Irwin. Hehe

ninetales

Advanced Trainer
Staff Emeritus
I would love a region based off somewhere cold so much. I want a region based on Australia eventually since I'm from there, but I'm not sure how interesting that would be.

Dragonite

have they found the One Piece yet
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
Switch FC
SW-8460-1905-2708
IGN
Dragonite, usually
I've been hoping for an Australian region for about as long as I've had an interest in Pokémon (the creatures practically write themselves!), but after Kalos and Alola the people who say they've had enough of the sunshine kind of have a point. Scandinavia or Iceland would be kind of neat. Antarctica might be hard to work. I don't know much about Russia but it's a pretty big place so there's probably enough in it to make a game out of.

I'd be fine with just about anywhere that doesn't produce another Nimbasa City, though :P

colours

Regular Trainer
AKA
Angie/Angelica
Please be a cold region. We've had warm regions for the past several generations and I'd rather have something new this time around, just to change things up a bit.

Change for the sake of change yes, but it might bring about good change in the end. A colder region might bring about better Ice types, and goodness knows that type needs all the help it can get.

AuburnEnigma

Being Auburn since 1992
AKA
Amy
Time Zone
GMT
Supposedly the next region is going to be based on either Spain or Italy according to various speculation on YouTube.

I'd like one based on the UK (where I'm from) as although it is essentially 4 regions (5 technically due to the Irish border), they all have vastly different cultures and varying climates. Scotland could be the wet/icy part, northern England is relatively windy, Midlands and Wales you can get any weather, and the southern part of England tends to be warmer and sunnier (never been to Ireland but it's probably similar to Midlands which is my particular neck of the woods). If the player started up north in Scotland then you could get early Ice types, and then end in Ireland.

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Account Disabled
Would be interesting to see a region based on Brazil.

mrpuppychow

a literal puppy
Time Zone
CST
A German/Danish region would be nice. ^^

I was really hoping for this in Gen7 due to how little Zygarde was (and still is) underdeveloped on the lore side of things as well as maybe finally make sense of Couriway Town railway. We could've had a twin region like Johto is to Kanto.

Alas, it was already in the game that Alola was next.

Feather32

Junior Trainer
I'd personally love a colder region or Australia for inspiration. Really I would be happy with anything as long as some cool Pokemon come out of it.

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
CST
I'm thinking it'll be somewhere European-based. Perhaps the Iberian peninsula because it has a variety of environments (plenty of coastline, mountains, islands, and you don't even need to shoehorn in a desert area to make it work!), but I'd be fine with Italy, the British Isles, Greece, Turkey, or Scandinavia. Or for something different, maybe New Zealand?

While I would like to see them try a larger country such as China, Australia, or India, GameFreak hasn't attempted modeling a region off the entirety of one yet, so I don't know if they'll try to do so here.

Greninjaman

Aquatic Ninja Assassin
Account Disabled
Those sound like good ideas.