New region?

Rubad Ubdub

Pokemon GO delete this post
AKA
nus3bank, bncrock, BHDude
Time Zone
US Mountain Time
Seems like a lot of people are down for a snowy region, and I have to agree. After visiting Alaska and going to towns like Whittier, it would be super dope to see the more untamed, unpopulated side of the Pokemon world, with a lot of industry and small towns and docks. It doesn't even need to have a Pokemon league, just have a major tournament that's being hosted in an Anchorage like city and the player and rival(s) fight through qualifying matches and tournaments to make a name for themselves (also a good way to incorporate other strong challengers from previous games). If the story has to have some sort of evil team or legendary plot, throw in a legendary that's sealed in a glacier or something. Then after the player wins, he can afford to travel to another region to actually challenge a league, so you could have it like a HGSS like deal with the first half and second half.

Another setting I'd be down with is something that has to do with going back into the past, like the formation of the Kanto region (I know, I know, Kantoitis is a thing but it's an idea), the trainer having to tame wild Pokemon instead of capturing them because Pokeballs are either early in development or don't exist. There's also the idea of going far into the future. Almost most definitely wouldn't happen but I would be SO SO SO ****ing down for a Blade Runner-esque cyberpunk dystopian Pokemon world.

Dragonite

The cake is a lie, so give it to me
3DS FC
4682-8983-8215
IGN
Dragonite, usually
Seems like a lot of people are down for a snowy region, and I have to agree. After visiting Alaska and going to towns like Whittier, it would be super dope to see the more untamed, unpopulated side of the Pokemon world, with a lot of industry and small towns and docks. It doesn't even need to have a Pokemon league, just have a major tournament that's being hosted in an Anchorage like city and the player and rival(s) fight through qualifying matches and tournaments to make a name for themselves (also a good way to incorporate other strong challengers from previous games). If the story has to have some sort of evil team or legendary plot, throw in a legendary that's sealed in a glacier or something. Then after the player wins, he can afford to travel to another region to actually challenge a league, so you could have it like a HGSS like deal with the first half and second half.

Another setting I'd be down with is something that has to do with going back into the past, like the formation of the Kanto region (I know, I know, Kantoitis is a thing but it's an idea), the trainer having to tame wild Pokemon instead of capturing them because Pokeballs are either early in development or don't exist. There's also the idea of going far into the future. Almost most definitely wouldn't happen but I would be SO SO SO ****ing down for a Blade Runner-esque cyberpunk dystopian Pokemon world.
Every once in a while I think it would be really neat to have a Pokémon game set in the distant past, or just entirely prehistoric where you could only access Fossils or whatever. I like learning about how early civilizations got their foothold, how the Bering Strait worked and Polynesia was settled and whatnot. I doubt it'll happen though since that would be an even bigger break from tradition than renaming the Gym League was.

Also, people used to turn Apricorns into Poké Balls, have we forgotten that already?

Rubad Ubdub

Pokemon GO delete this post
AKA
nus3bank, bncrock, BHDude
Time Zone
US Mountain Time
Also, people used to turn Apricorns into Poké Balls, have we forgotten that already?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I repressed that lore.

Bunnie

something cute
AKA
Airin
I'd like a region based on Scandinavia for gen 8, with beautiful scenery and landscapes, rivers or lakes to explore instead of the sea, and lots of new pokemon. I'd like them to pay attention to the details and create a beautiful and unique region, like they did with Kalos.

icelandic

Regular Trainer
China seems unlikely - Japan and China are not friends.

Considering European countries, I agree with a previous poster that Italy could work really well, thanks to the country's history. Cover legends inspired by Romulus and Remus and their wolf mother maybe?

I wouldn't rule out another US-based region, and thinking about what's likely rather than what people want, my money would be on California.

Kung Fu Ferret

Fakemon fanboy
A region based on the six states of the US collectively known as New England would make a nice Pokemon region. Please note that I'm extremely biased because I live in one of these states.
However...
I wouldn't mind a region based on Scandinavia, Alaska, Mexico, India, South Africa, Greece, or Australia.

Kyogre386

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Chris
Time Zone
UTC-05:00
I never really thought of it before, but a cold region would be awesome! The entire thing could be like Route 217!

*shot*

In all seriousness, I would like a cold region. And it would be a great opportunity to buff the Ice Type (LOL Aurora Veil you tried) or at least make some cool new Ice Type Pokemon. I like the Ice Type and it needs more love.

Also, there's been quite a dearth of even cold areas in general in most regions (though every region has at least one) compared to other biomes so more would be nice.

But I'm sad that even if we do get a cold region, we probably won't get one thing I'd love, which is a lot more sliding ice puzzles. I always liked puzzles in Pokemon and have been disappointed with how much less common they have become in the later generations, probably as part of the obvious bid to make the games easier to compete with the mobile game market for short attention spans.

If I were to pick a cold region, I would love to see Scandanavia. Lots of fun stuff you could do with that. If they don't do a cold region, my top pick would be Australia since it's a new continent.

Kaori

Junior Trainer
I am fine with literally anything as long as it is predominantly an organic region.

I do not mind the occasional bigger city like Castella or Lumiose in Unova and Kalos, but my worst nightmare is for them to go the sci-fi route. One of my biggest problems with USUM was the Ultra Recon Squad and the Ultra Megalopolis. I just don't feel like the high-tech aesthetic fits Pokemon and I really hope Gamefreak won't go that route.

This goes for Pokemon too, tbh. Please keep them animal or at least ALIVE looking. The Ultra Beasts are abominations in my eyes and I don't even want to really recognize them as part of the game. (Poipole is the only one I will tolerate)