Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
CST
Continuation of this thread.

It is currently Week 9 of the NFL season! Is your team where you thought it would be before the season started? What is your outlook for the rest of the season?

As usual, feel free to keep making weekly picks posts here as well. Here are mine:

OAK vs SF
DET at MIN
PIT at BAL
NYJ at MIA
KC
at CLE
CHI at BUF
TB at CAR
ATL at WSH
HOU
at DEN
LAC at SEA
LAR at NO
GB at NE
TEN
at DAL

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew
Sent my picks to Zach, but anyways, there's a serious question for tonight. How many fights will happen at the Raiders-49ers game?

Vigilance

The Devil Himself
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Heard about the Eagles and Lions trade. Thoughts?

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Sooooooo… It should go without saying that my Eagles, who were initially predicted to be one of the best teams in the league entering the season coming off of their Super Bowl win, aren’t doing as well as many have hoped. :\ I’m hard-pressed to call us bad, we’re just losing some of our key players thanks to injury, and falling apart at the worst possible moments. If we could somehow win against the Saints or Rams that would be a massive help. But we won it all last year so it’s hard for me to complain TOO much.

That being said, I like this Golden Tate trade. He’s being pretty hyped as good, and knowing how he’s done in recent seasons he could do us great here. But if he doesn’t stick with us after this season I’ll wonder if it really was worth it.

And I posted my predictions on the other forum, but I'll repost them here anyway.
OAK vs SF
DET at MIN
PIT at BAL
NYJ
at MIA
KAC at CLE
CHI at BUF
TB at CAR
ATL
at WSH
HOU at DEN
LAC
at SEA
LAR at NO
GB at NE
TEN at DAL

Last edited:

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
CST
I'm curious as to how that trade will affect the Lions. Eagles get a boost to their banged up receiving corps and that's that, but the Lions don't have too much depth at WR after Marvin Jones and Kenny Golladay now, and they're very much in playoff contention so that is a reasonable goal to achieve. They're not going to phone it in for the season, especially when the run game is actually getting going for the first time in years and Matt Stafford is in his prime. In fact, another trade they made was to get DT Damon Harrison from the Giants. I suppose they're confident enough that the offense will be fine without Tate?

Vigilance, what team do you support?

As a Texans fan I was very upset with the 0-3 start, but we have now won 5 in a row and have control of our (much worse than expected) division. We have a really easy schedule so playoffs should be the goal (even if I highly doubt we can win a playoff game). Moves like trading for Demaryius Thomas helps, but man this offensive line really sucks. Last Thursday was the first time everything came together this season.

Nick!

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
People of Play Counselor
AKA
Nick
OAK vs SF
DET at MIN
PIT
at BAL - bal won the first one so its pit now
NYJ at MIA
KC
at CLE
CHI at BUF - trap game
TB at CAR
ATL at WSH - do not trust us to win this at all but atlanta looks so bad rn
HOU at DEN - super difficult one to call
LAC at SEA
LAR at NO
GB at NE
TEN
at DAL

hey im a skins fan btw my thoughts on my team are our defense is very good but our offense aside from adrian peterson and chris thompson is very bad

Vigilance

The Devil Himself
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
ah good ol' skins as well. It's a tough time to be a skins fan but at least you're not a browns fan

lightmagistrate

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Cody
Wheegalure out here forgetting the standout player from the REDSKINS defense, chosen and talked about like no other player by Booger McFarland, driver of the Boogmobile. Who is that player? That player is the one, the only Quinton Dunbar.

Nick!

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
People of Play Counselor
AKA
Nick
ah good ol' skins as well. It's a tough time to be a skins fan but at least you're not a browns fan
ONE OF US ONE OF US ONE OF US

any time is a tough time to be a skins fan when dan snyder is in charge and when booger mcfarland is spreading slander about our secondary

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
~Kilza~ on Azurilland said:
OAK vs SF

Will edit the rest in
oops, guess I'll just post the rest here.

DET at MIN
PIT at BAL
NYJ at MIA
KC at CLE
CHI at BUF
TB at CAR
ATL at WSH
HOU at DEN
LAC at SEA
LAR at NO
GB at NE
TEN at DAL

Lions_Pride

New Trainer
OAK vs SF - Well this was a regret in retrospect
DET at MIN
PIT
at BAL
NYJ at MIA
KC
at CLE
CHI at BUF
TB at CAR
ATL at WSH
HOU
at DEN
LAC at SEA
LAR at NO
GB at NE
TEN
at DAL

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Okay, I'll comment on the rest of this week later, but Rams/Saints was quite a game for them to kill LA's hopes at perfection. And to add to that, did anyone find it hysterical when Michael Thomas pulled out a flip phone after that touchdown? xD Dude got the penalty he deserved afterwards. Granted, they won so it didn't really matter, but still :P In before the next NCTE compilation.

Also, I haven't been doing QotWs, but here's one for you guys: Who do you think is the most fun team to watch in the league right now and why? I don't mean BEST, I mean MOST FUN, as in the team whose games have been the most entertaining viewings. I have to think of my answer to that for a bit.

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
Week 10 predictions:
CAR at PIT
DET at CHI
NO at CIN
ATL at CLE
NE at TEN
JAX at IND
ARZ at KC
BUF at NYJ
WSH at TB
LAC at OAK
MIA at GB
SEA at LAR
DAL at PHI
NYG at SF

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So, to answer my question, I think the team that I have enjoyed watching the most so far is the Kansas City Chiefs. Talk about an offensive powerhouse. Patrick Mahomes just does not care what you are or about being in his rookie season. He will drop points on you like Ultra Necrozma's Z-Move. There were people that thought this team was gonna disappoint, but so far they have been proven wrong big time. They've only lost one game so far, and it was one that he put up a great performance against and could have won. Then again, there is the chance they start to fizzle out as the season goes on, or just go full Reid in the playoffs. Hopefully not, because I like this team and want to see success from them. Anyway...
CAR at PIT - Could be tough to call, but going with the safe pick for now.
NO at CIN - Changing my prediction last minute… Bungles please prove me wrong!!!
ATL at CLE - As much as I want to root for the Browns here I think their hopes at this point are dead, and Atlanta is finally starting to wake up.
DET at CHI
ARI at KC - lol.
NE at TEN - Would love to be proven wrong here though! The Patriots are also surely overdue for an upset.
WAS at TB - Call me crazy but this is me being optimistic.
BUF at NYJ
JAX at IND - Man this division has been disappointing.
LAC at OAK
SEA at LAR
MIA at GB
DAL at PHI - Ah, yes. Last year we trounced the Cowboys coming off a bye week, and hopefully we'll be in good shape for this one, too, especially with two new toys. Also my dad will be at this game, but I won't, which is disappointing.
NYG at SF - The second most pointless game of the season. Who cares? :P
Hopefully I do better this time, because I have not been good with these predictions in recent weeks!

Last edited:

Lions_Pride

New Trainer
CAR at PIT
DET at CHI
NO
at CIN
ATL at CLE
NE at TEN
JAX at IND
ARZ at KC
BUF at NYJ
WSH
at TB
LAC at OAK
MIA at GB
SEA at LAR
DAL at PHI
NYG at SF

Nick!

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
People of Play Counselor
AKA
Nick
car gonna win tonight feel it in my Bones

-Rosen

Bored
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Cleb
car gonna win tonight feel it in my Bones
This post didn't age well.

Gotta say though, for the first NFL game I've been at, I couldn't have picked a better one to go to as a Steelers fan. Pittsburgh posts their highest point total in Heinz Field ever, Ben gets his 4th perfect passer rating, Pittsburgh scores twice in two plays...I went in kinda worried about what was gonna happen too, since I know Carolina's been pretty hot this year so far, but I can't complain at all about the results

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
CST
CAR at PIT - had this in on thursday
DET at CHI
NO
at CIN
ATL at CLE
NE at TEN
JAX at IND
ARZ at KC
BUF at NYJ
WAS
at TB
LAC at OAK
MIA at GB
SEA at LAR
DAL at PHI
NYG
at SF

Nick!

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
People of Play Counselor
AKA
Nick
DET at CHI
NO
at CIN
ATL at CLE
NE at TEN
JAX at IND
ARZ at KC
BUF at NYJ
WAS
at TB
LAC at OAK
MIA at GB
SEA at LAR
DAL at PHI
NYG
at SF

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
I don't even know what happened last night. Every single factor pointed to us winning easily. And yet, things just went bad. I'm just miffed by this entire season so far. It's time for me to stop being in denial and admit that we're not a good team. You guys probably noticed that I left the Discord server. I don't know when I'll rejoin, because right now I feel like I'm not in the best mindset to be saying much.

Honestly, I've seen comments from quite a few people who want us to tank so we can get better draft picks in April. That's certainly a factor, and to add to that, the good thing if we don't make the playoffs will be that we won't have to face the Rams or (most likely) Saints next season, which I would definitely appreciate considering next year we're gonna have the Vikings, Packers AND Patriots on our schedule, which is gonna be brutal. I'll gladly take one bad year if it means a chance for (and yes, I DID say "a chance for") us getting back to form, but I'm just stunned what's happened to us. If we make the playoffs, great, if we don't, at least we did win it all in February. But still, how a team regresses THIS badly is beyond me.

Last edited: