Sports NFL 2018-2019

Diarkia124

Master of Jacks
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Andrew
IGN
Andrew

Going to stick with my predictions from the start of the divisional round.

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
CST
My original Super Bowl prediction was Saints-Patriots, so I'm picking those teams. It would be great if I were proven incorrect though, since Rams-Chiefs was the most fun I had watching a regular season game this year, and a rematch would be crazy.

NE @ KC - Once again these my bois but I just think we are the better team and have the luxury of being at home. Many stats for the patriots show this isnt favorable.

LAR @ NO - I just trust the experience and quarterback more for NO, especially in the dome.

lightmagistrate

Rookie Trainer
AKA
Cody
I am taking Rams and Chiefs. I like my boy CJA and KC home field advantage is hard to beat.

Nick!

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
People of Play Counselor
AKA
Nick
rams and pats

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
Well, Wheegalure was right. But man, that no-call that virtually cost the Saints their trip to the Super Bowl was kinda crazy, for better or for worse. And the roughing the passer against the Chiefs just shows how head over heels in love with the Patriots the refs are. They WANTED them to go to the Super Bowl, and it shows. But the first conference championship weekend where both games go to overtime, AND to add on to that both home teams won it (though that also happened in 2013 leading into SB 47). Really a shame though, I wanted Andy to do it. )= But no, they had to go full Reid.

Anyway, for my Super Bowl prediction, it may be a bit early, but anyway:
LAR vs NE - The only thing the Patriots have on their side here is history. The Rams are statistically the better team.

Also, while I'm here, what did you guys think of that article calling Wentz "selfish", "uncompromising" and "egotistical"? I think it's a load of crap. Like, I get where they're coming from for SOME points but it feels like they're mostly just bashing him.

Bluejay

((knowledge increase))
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Time Zone
CST
wait didn't the away team win both games

also I'm picking Patriots. Always the safe option

Nick!

Big Gamer God
Staff Emeritus
People of Play Counselor
AKA
Nick
better, more deserving team won both games. even if saints were screwed out of 7 at the end, it’s important to remember the missed face mask at the end of the rams last drive that would have given first and goal on the 1, so I think it balances out, and that the game should have been 4 points scored higher on both sides than it was

picking rams out of FAITH- I wouldn’t be remotely surprised if pats got a 6th for brady

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)
NE vs LAR

Evil Always Wins™

Varhii

Shaggy Webber
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
AKA
SG
Time Zone
EST
The Superb Owl:

Kickoff
Interception
Punt
Missed Field Goal
Punt
Punt
Punt
Field Goal
Punt
Punt
Turnover on Downs
Punt
Halftime
Punt
Punt
Punt
Punt
Field Goal
Punt
Punt
Touchdown
Interception
Field Goal
Missed Field Goal
End of Game

~Kilza~

The Sun Has Set
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Account Disabled
Time Zone
MST (UTC-7)

-Rosen

Bored
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Cleb
Patriots win.

America loses.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
What a joke. Seriously, what an utter joke. This game just blew. And not just because the Pats won, but because it wasn't even a fun game to watch. Y'know, I've seen quite a few Eagles fans that wanted the Patriots to do it for us, because that would give our win last year more meaning. I read something about that in the paper. And at least the Patriots have more wins than...do I honestly have to say it?

But what a disappointing ending to such an explosive season. Three teams that had over 500 points in the regular season and this is how it ends. Really, really sad. Saints and/or Chiefs would've made much more damage.

Next year let's get Eagles/Chiefs or Colts mirite? Pederson vs his predecessor or one of his proteges. That'd be epic.

Gokudera

Vocalist
Staff Emeritus
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Devin
Super Bowl.
More like Super BORE, amirite??
I...
I'm sorry.

Pendraflare

Eat up, bud.
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
So the full 2019 schedule is out! And for my 1,000th post on the new forum, I figured I'd talk a little bit about what my Eagles have in store and my thoughts on it.

On one hand, there are some games on this schedule that I'm really looking forward to, like the two NFC North road games, playing the Bills and LeSean McCoy for the second time since we traded him to them, the birds paying a visit to Mercedes-Benz Stadium (which is followed by the Phillies starting a series against the Braves that could go big towards the NL East playoff race. Brb buying plane tickets to and from Atlanta), and of course, the Patriots at the Linc for the epic Super Bowl LII rematch. And I feel like that last month in December should be a breather and give us a lot of momentum to make that division and playoff push.

What I know some people are annoyed about, though, are multiple things, including the fact that we have three straight road opponents (Vikings, Cowboys, Bills), making us the only team in the NFL that get that stretch. And we get our fifth straight season with a road Thursday night game, this one being against the Packers no less. That will be tough. Additionally, we get three teams that'll be coming off their bye (all three at home, admittedly). Two of them will be back to back, the first of which the hype for is gonna be massive, it being a Super Bowl rematch (although we'll be coming off our bye, too), and the second of which is a team that's had our number throughout the decade. I also can't help but be both amused and annoyed by how four of our six NFC East divisional games make up the final quarter of the season. But the only one of them that really scares me at all is the Cowboys. Right now, I'm looking at a ceiling of 12-4. MAYBE 13-3 if we get really lucky. Obviously my thoughts are sure to change the closer we get to the season beginning, but for now, this is what I'm looking at.

What about the rest of you guys? For you who have seen your schedules, what are you looking forward to? What are you dreading? How are you feeling about your teams at the moment? Discuss!