Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
People of Play
Sinnoh Survivor
AKA
Vee
Time Zone
GMT+1
A Modest Minccino is something you don't see often, but I hope Snowball will serve you well!

My favorite ability has to be Own Tempo because my Lilligant in Pokemon White would destroy lives with never-ending Petal Dances. I never really paid attention to natures or abilities up until the B/W era and this experience is one of the things that made me consider them more.

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Favourite ability... well, this is going to sound very nooby, but despite playing Pokémon for nearly 2 decades now, I've never put much thought into abilities and stuff. Perhaps I should start thinking about stuff like that more if I decide to actually do challenges and finish them...

Also, good luck with using Minccino! :minccino:

icelandic

Adept Trainer
Favourite ability ... I'm not really sure. They tend to be just something that comes with the Pokemon as it were. I can think of several abilities I hate for various reasons, but picking a favourite is harder.

I think I'll give it to Flame Body and Magma Armor, for their role in making egg hatching less tedious.

nkween

Ace Trainer
Time Zone
GMT
@Kaori Seeing as the majority of my team will be Physical attackers, I'm thinking the modest nature will allow Snowball :minccino: to be more of a Special attacker.

@SkylarAlpha I used to be like that too, not really caring about abilities and movesets but as soon as I started challenges I realised how important they are and what a difference they can make.

@icelandic Those are very good abilities. I'm not much of a breeder myself but it's something I've thought about getting into.

*I want to apologise in the delay in getting this part out. I have been enjoying playing Pokemon Let's Go Eevee a little too much.*

~Part 08: Shockingly Annoying

In order to get my team's levels up, I decide to take on the Desert Resort defeating all of the trainers. Beethoven :herdier: takes out a Doctor and his Solosis :solosis:, a Psychic with with Gothita :gothita: as well as two Backpackers who use Tranquill :tranquill: and Watchog :watchog: respectively. The battles allow him to grow to Lv. 26. Robin :tranquill: takes out a Psychic with a Solosis and Woobat as well as two Backpackers who use Maractus :maractus: and Dwebble :dwebble: respectively. The battles allow her to grow to Lv. 26. Fluffball :audino: takes out two Pokemon Rangers, one of which uses a Ducklett :duckless: whilst the other uses Darumaka :darumaka: and Blitzle :blitzle:. Scout :watchog: assists Fluffball :audino: in taking out a Psychic and their Yamask :yamask: and Woobat :woobat: allowing Fluffball :audino: to grow to Lv. 26. I also find the TM for Rock Tomb which probably won't come in too much handy but its still nice to have.

Inside the Relic Castle, I pick up the Cover Fossil in order to sell it. Scout :watchog: takes out two Psychics inside the castle who use Sigilyph :sigilyph:, Woobat :woobat: and Munna :munna: respectively. I return back to Nimbasa City after clearing the area. There's not much to note about me exploring the city other than the battles I get into in the stadiums. In the small court, I battle a Hoopster and his Whirlipede :whirlipede: with Scout :watchog: and in the big court, Scout :watchog: also defeats a Striker and his Ducklett :ducklett: allowing her to grow to Lv. 26. I head back onto Route 16 to battle the trainers I skipped earlier. Beethoven :herdier: takes out a Cyclist and her Ducklett :ducklett: and Liepard :liepard: as well as two Backpackers who use Drilbur :drilbur: and Scraggy :scraggy: respectively. The battles allow him to reach Lv. 27. Snowball :minccino: has gained a lot of experience via the Exp. Share and I decide her first official battle will be against a Cyclist and his two Whirlipede :whirlipede: :whirlipede:. She manages to defeat both Pokemon with ease. Technician Swift is a pretty decent combo with her Modest Nature.

After clearing Route 16 and Lostlorn Forest (there isn't anything to note from that area) I head back to the fairground area of Nimbasa City. Upon entering I am greeted by N who walks me towards the Ferris Wheel. He insists we take a ride which ends up being a very awkward and uncomfortable experience where he reveals to be he is the king of Team Plasma and plans on awakening Reshiram :reshiram:... great. As soon as we get off the ride, he challenges me to a battle.

Vs. Team Plasma N
N sends out Sandile :sandile: (m) (Lv. 22)
I send out Scout :watchog: (Lv. 26)
Scout uses Return
*Sandile :sandile: faints*
N sends out Scraggy :scraggy: (m) (Lv. 22)
Scout uses Return (takes to red HP)
Scraggy uses Swagger
Scout :watchog: hits herself in confusion
Scraggy uses Brick Break (Scout HP: 5/68)
I switch Scout :watchog: out for Robin :tranquill: (Lv. 26)
Scaggy uses Brick Break (Robin HP: 49/71)
Robin uses Quick Attack
*Scraggy :scraggy: faints*
N Sends out Darumaka :darumaka: (m) (Lv. 22)
Robin uses Return (critical hit)
*Darumaka :darumaka: faints*
N sends out Sigilyph :sigilyph: (m) (Lv. 22)
Sigilyph uses Air Cutter (Robin HP: 21/71)
Robin uses Return (takes to yellow HP)
Robin uses Quick Attack (takes to red HP)
Sigilyph uses Air Cutter
*Robin :tranquill: faints*
I send out Snowball :minccino: (f) (Lv. 27)
Snowball uses Swift (critical hit)
*Sigilyph :sigilyph: faints*
Victory!
After beating him, N and his Plasma grunt sidekicks retreat leaving me free to take on the Gym. Before I do so, I heal up my Pokemon at the Pokemon Centre and pick up some extra potions and Paralyze Heals just in case. Although I like Elesa as a character, this is my least favourite Gym in Pokemon Black & White. I find it tends to be very annoying with the slew of fast Pokemon who use some tricky moves like Pursuit and Volt Switch. Anyway, let's get it out of the way.

As I ride the various roller coasters inside the Gym, I defeat four trainers who get in the way. The first, a Lady with two Emolga :emolga: :emolga: is taken out by Scout :watchog: who grows to Lv. 27 from the battle. The next two trainers are both Rich Boys, one uses a lone Blitzle :blitzle: the other uses two Blitzle :blitzle: :blitzle:. Fluffball :audino: makes quick work of them as well as the last trainer, a Lady, who uses a single Emolga :emolga:. The final battle allows for Fluffball to reach Lv. 27. The only trainer left to face is the Gym Leader herself Elesa. She's a model which is pretty cool, especially because she doesn't fall victim to the many stereotypes. Instead she is intelligent and independent which is great to see in a female video game character, especially one with her appearance. Anyway, lets take her on.

Vs. Gym Leader Elesa
Elesa sends out Emolga :emolga: (m) (Lv. 25)
I send out Fluffball :audino: (Lv. 27)
Emolga uses Volt Switch (Fluffball HP: 74/93)
Elesa sends out Emolga :emolga: (f) (Lv. 25)
Fluffball uses Light Screen
Emolga uses Volt Switch (Fluffball HP: 64/93)
Fluffball uses Return (takes to yellow HP – static paralyzes Fluffball :audino:)
Emolga uses Volt Switch (Fluffball HP: 54/93)
Elesa sends out Emolga :emolga: (f) (Lv. 25)
Fluffball uses Return (takes to yellow HP)
Emolga uses Aerial Ace (Fluffball HP: 38/93)
Fluffball uses Return
*Emolga :emolga: faints*
Fluffball grows to Lv. 28
Emolga uses Aerial Ace (critical hit - Fluffball HP: 10/93)
Fluffball :audino: is paralyzed and can’t move
I heal Fluffball to full with a Hyper Potion
Emolga uses Volt Switch (Fluffball HP: 77/93)
Elesa sends out Zebstrika :zebstrika: (m) (Lv. 27)
Zebstrika uses Spark (Fluffball HP: 46/93)
Fluffball :audino: is paralyzed and can’t move
Zebstrika uses Spark (Fluffball HP: 18/93)
Fluffball uses Return (takes to just over half)
Zebstrika uses Spark
*Fluffball :audino: faints*
I send out Beethoven :herdier: (Lv. 27)
Zebstrika uses Flame Charge (Beethoven HP: 69/78)
Beethoven uses Dig (borrows underground)
Zebstrika uses Spark (misses)
Beethoven uses Dig
*Zebstrika :zebstrika: faints*
Emolga uses Volt Switch (Beethoven HP: 51/78)
Beethoven uses Return
*Emolga :emolga: faints*
Victory!
That battle was extremely annoying. Volt Switch is such a good move when YOU are using it but an utter nightmare when the opponent has it. Upon defeating Elesa she rewards me with the Bolt Badge as well as the TM for Volt Switch which none of my Pokemon can learn. She tells me I will need help if I wish to cross the bridge to Driftveil City and to meet her on Route 05. I exit the Gym, riding the last roller coaster on the way, before heading to the Pokemon Centre to heal and get some much needed rest. Is it just me or did we do a lot in this part? I feel exhausted having typed this all out. Phew.

• Entered the Desert Resort
  • Defeated all the Trainers in the Desert Resort
  • Defeated all the Trainers in the Relic Castle
  • Explored Nimbasa City
  • Defeated all the Trainers on Route 16
  • Defeated N in Nimbasa City
  • Defeated Elesa and the Nimbasa City Gym

Beethoven :herdier: (m) Lv. 28 @Eviolite
Normal
Intimidate
80 / 57 / 47 / 36 / 50 / 37
Quiet Nature
Return | Crunch | Dig | Work Up

Scout :watchog: (f) Lv. 27 @Black Glasses
Normal
Illuminate
70 / 61 / 49 / 43 / 46 / 53
Bashful Nature
Return | Crunch | Super Fang | Thunder Wave

Fluffball :audino: (m) Lv. 28 @Miracle Seed
Normal
Regenerator
96 / 40 / 53 / 41 / 59 / 34
Mild Nature
Return | Grass Knot | Attract | Light Screen

Robin :tranquill: (f) Lv. 26 @Scope Lens
Normal | Flying
Big Pecks
71 / 53 / 40 / 35 / 28 / 43
Lonely Nature
Return | Air Cutter | Quick Attack | Work Up

Snowball :minccino: (f) Lv. 27 @Amulet Coin
Normal
Technician
69 / 36 / 31 / 31 / 26 / 54
Modest Nature
Swift | Grass Knot | Tail Slap | Charm

Filbert :patrat: (m) Lv. 04 @none
Normal
Run Away
17 / 10 / 7 / 8 / 8 / 8
Mild Nature
Tackle | Leer | Work Up | Cut

Toothy :patrat: (m) Lv. 07 - Adamant Nature
Frodo :lillipup: (m) Lv. 04 - Mild Nature
Magenta :audino: (m) Lv. 08 - Bashful Nature
Bonbon :audino: (f) Lv. 11 - Calm Nature
Starling :pidove: (f) Lv. 09 - Jolly Nature
Breezy :pidove: (m) Lv. 11 - Lax Nature
Swifty :minccino: (m) Lv. 20 - Gentle Nature
Silky :minccino: (f) Lv. 19 - Lonely Nature

This part really did feel like a lot. Hopefully I didn't cram too much in too little text, just let me know. I'm going to play and document the next part tonight so there will definitely be an update tomorrow - and likely our next team member. Hope you guys enjoyed this part. I'm really enjoying all of the feedback and responses to the comment questions. I know they can be a little samey or predictable but I think its fun.

Comment Question: Switching it up a bit, what is your favourite Electric-type MOVE and why? Gonna be predictable here but Thunderbolt is definitely my favourite. Not necessarily because its a classic, I just think it has great animations and its a strong move with great accuracy. Add to that a bunch of non-Electric-types can learn it makes it a great move and TM. (I taught it to Athena my Nidoqueen :nidoqueen: in Lets Go!)

Until next time guys.
See Ya!~

nkween

Ace Trainer
Time Zone
GMT
~Part 09: Triple Trouble

After defeating Elesa and the Nimbasa City Gym, I realise there was a few things I forgot to do in the city. The first thing I do is pick up the HM for Strength which might come in handy later in the game. Although there is a few strength rocks I could move now, I deicide against teaching the move to any of my Pokemon as I don't have access to the move deleter quite yet. I also head to the Musical where Bianca awaits. Inside I decide to dress up Snowball :minccino: as she's probably my cutest team member - sorry Fluffball :audino:. I also pick up the TM for Echoed Voice inside. As Bianca and I leave the Musical, her father shows up and demands she end her journey short and return home. This is one of the more emotional scenes in Pokemon and its a really important scene in Bianca's character development. Elesa appears and helps diffuse the situation before I am free to head onto Route 05.

As soon as I enter the route, Cheren appears from behind challenging me to a battle - we both have the Bolt Badge after all.

Vs. Cheren
Cheren sends out Liepard :liepard: (m) (Lv. 24)
I send out Robin :tranquill: (Lv. 26)
Liepard uses Fake Out (Robin HP: 61/71)
Robin :tranqull: flinches
Liepard uses Pursuit (Robin HP: 33/71)
Robin uses Return (critical hit)
*Liepard :liepard: faints*
Cheren sends out Pansage :pansage: (m) (Lv. 24)
Robin uses Air Cutter (takes to red HP)
Pansage uses Seed Bomb (Robin HP: 20/71)
Robin uses Quick Attack
*Pansage :pansage: faints*
Robin :tranquill: grows to Lv. 27
Cheren sends out Pignite :pignite: (m) (Lv. 26)
I use a Lemonade on Robin :tranquill: and heal her to full
Pignite uses Flame Charge (Robin HP: 51/73)
Pignite uses Rollout – misses
Robin uses Air Cutter (takes to just over half)
Pignite uses Arm Thrust – hits five times (Robin HP: 16/73)
Robin uses Air Cutter (takes to red – heals to yellow Pignite :pignite: heals with an Oran Berry)
Robin uses Quick Attack
*Pignite :pignite: faints*
Cheren sends out Tranqull :tranquill: (m) (Lv. 24)
I switch out Robin :tranquill: for Snowball :minccino: (Lv. 27)
Tranquill uses Air Cutter (critical hit – Snowball HP: 26/69)
Snowball uses Tail Slap – hit 4 times (takes to red)
Tranquill uses Air Cutter (Snowball HP: 5/69)
I use a Super Potion on Snowball :minccino:
Tranquill uses Quick Attack (critical hit – Snowball HP: 12/69)
Tranquill uses Quick Attack
*Snowball :minccino: faints*
I send out Robin :tranquill: (Lv. 27)
Robin uses Quick Attack
*Tranquill :tranquill: faints*
Victory!
The battle allows Robin :tranquill: to grow to Lv. 28. Soon after, Elesa appears and introduces us to Alder - the champion - who questions Cheren on what his plans are AFTER he becomes strong. I always have to laugh as Cheren is completely sucker-punched by this question and can barely answer. Alder requests that we battle two Preschoolers in a double battle alongside Cheren. The duo both use Herdier :herdier: :herdier: and I take them out using a combination of Robin :tranquill: and Snowball :minccino:. The battle allows Snowball to grow to Lv. 28. After the battle Cheren and Elesa head towards the bridge leaving me free to battle the rest of the trainers on the route.

Scout :watchog: defeats two Backpackers who use Munna :munna: and Palpitoad :palpitoad: respectively as well as an Artist use uses a Sigilyph :sigilyph: allowing her to grow to Lv. 28. Snowball :minccino: defeats a Dancer who uses two Darumaka :darumaka: :darumaka:, a Musician who uses two Blitzle :blitzle: :blitzle: as well as a Harlequin who uses two Whirlipede :whirlipede: :whirlipede:. The battles allow her to grow to Lv. 29. Robin :tranquill: defeats the last trainer on the route, a Baker who uses the elemental monkeys :pansear: :panpour: :pansage:. I head over towards the bridge and after placing a call to Clay - the gym leader of Driftveil City - Elesa is able to lower the bridge.

I cross the Driftveil Drawbridge and head into Driftveil City. Upon entering the city, Cheren and I are confronted by Clay who says the distraction of lowering the bridge has allowed Team Plasma to escape him. He says if we wish to battle him at the Gym we must find them first. I know they are hiding in the Cold Storage so I decide to explore the city before heading there. I get into a rather difficult triple battle with Motorcyclist Charles who uses Basculin :basculin:, Krokorok :krokorok: and Zebstrika :zebstrika: however my team is able to defeat him. Inside of the marketplace I decide to buy some Moomoo milk as its a pretty good healing item at this point in the game.

I head into Route 06 before going to the Cold Storage in order to catch the 6th member of my team. After a few encounters, I manage to catch three Deerling :deerling: as part of my ruleset. The first is a male at Lv. 23 who I name Prancer :deerling:. The second is a male at Lv. 22 who I name Cupid :deerling:. The last is a female at Lv. 23 who I name Fauna :deerling:. Upon inspection at the Pokemon Centre, I decide Fauna :deerling: will be the one to join the team. She has far superior stats as well as an Attack boosting nature which will definitely help in the long run. I give the Soothe Bell in order to increase her happiness as I want her to utilize Return. After healing my team I head to the Cold Storage.

Before heading inside, I battle the trainers on the outskirts. Beethoven :herdier: defeats a Youngster with a Whirlipede :whirlipede: and Karrablast :karrablast: allowing him to grow to Lv. 29. Scout :watchog: defeats a Youngster with a Joltik :joltik: and Dwebble :dwebble: as well as a Worker who uses a Pansage :pansage: and Timburr :timburr: allowing her to also reach Lv. 29. I head towards the entrance to the main building and wait alongside Cheren before entering inside.

• Finished exploring Nimbasa City
  • Headed onto Route 05
  • Defeated Cheren on Route 05
  • Crossed the Driftveil Drawbridge
  • Entered Driftveil City
  • Headed onto Route 06
  • Caught Prancer :deerling: on Route 06
  • Caught Cupid :deerling: on Route 06
  • Caught Fauna :deerling: on Route 06
  • Headed to the Cold Storage

Beethoven :herdier: (m) Lv. 29 @Rocky Helmet
Normal
Intimidate
83 / 59 / 48 / 37 / 51 / 38
Quiet Nature

Scout :watchog: (f) Lv. 29 @Black Glasses
Normal
Illuminate
74 / 66 / 53 / 46 / 49 / 57
Bashful Nature

Fluffball :audino: (m) Lv. 28 @Amulet Coin
Normal
Regenerator
96 / 40 / 53 / 41 / 59 / 34
Mild Nature

Robin :tranquill: (f) Lv. 28 @Scope Lens
Normal | Flying
Big Pecks
76 / 58 / 43 / 38 / 30 / 47
Lonely Nature
Return | Air Cutter | Quick Attack | Work Up

Snowball :minccino: (f) Lv. 29 @Eviolite
Normal
Technician
73 / 37 / 34 / 34 / 28 / 58
Modest Nature
Swift | Grass Knot | Tail Slap | Charm

Fauna :deerling: (f) Lv. 23 @Soothe Bell
Normal | Grass
Chlorophyll
65 / 40 / 31 / 27 / 30 / 43
Naughty Nature
Take Down | Double Kick | Feint Attack | Leech Seed

Filber :patrat: (m) Lv. 04 - Mild Nature
Prancer :deerling: (m) Lv. 23 - Quiet Nature
Cupid :deerling: (m) Lv. 22 - Rash Nature

Sorry for the SUPER delay in posting this update. There is a few reasons for this: The first being I struggle a lot with this part of the game I find it to be incredibly boring and haven't really been motivated to play lately. Second of all I've been getting a few things sorted in preparation for heading back to University in a few weeks so my heads been in a different place. Anyway, I think things are all good now so should be back to my normal schedule of one update per day (or every other day).

Comment Question: What is your favourite Route in Unova? I really like Route 14 with the waterfalls, I think it is really beautiful. I'm glad you're able to visit there before post game In Black 2 & White 2.

Until next time guys.
See Ya!~

Pendraflare

Resident Jawn
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
AKA
Scott, Pendra
Time Zone
EST
This is a fun little team so far. (= I like Sawsbuck, it does quite a bit in the long run and adds to this already strong squad.

And I think Route 4 with the desert is my personal favorite. Very broad, and expands in B2W2.

Calaf

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
League Champion
Time Zone
GMT+1
It's great that you caught a Deerling, especially with summer right around the corner. After all, I've always liked Sawsbuck's Summer Form best! ^^
As for my favorite route in Unova, it's gotta be Route 10! In my opinion, it has the best soundtrack in all of Unova, which is quite the accomplishment as the Gen 5 games have amazing soundtracks overall. Such a shame that it collapsed in Black and White 2!

nkween

Ace Trainer
Time Zone
GMT
@Kaori YES! You should definitely do a Mono-Grass challenge. I was so close to choosing Grass-types for this play through but ultimately decided on Normal-types. :deerling:

@Pendraflare I am really enjoying the team, however later on someone will likely be replaced when I have access to Bouffalant :bouffalant:. They better start proving their worth that's for sure. Also I'm glad you like Route 04 because it honestly drives me crazy. I like the concept of a desert route its just the sandstorm that bothers me.

@Calaf Summer Sawsbuck :sawsbucksummer: is also my favoruite form of Sawsbuck. Although I'm thinking I will have completed the main story before in-game summer rolls around.

~Part 10: Claymates

Last time we finished up just outside the main building to the Cold Storage. I head inside and Cheren tells me to search the place for Team Plasma. It kind of annoys me that he doesn't really help any but I guess that's just a common element of Pokemon games. I pick up the TM for Scald before taking on the trainers inside. I battle a Worker with Pansear :pansear: and Timburr :timburr: with Robin :tranquill: allowing her to grow to Lv. 29. Fluffball :audino: defeats two Workers, one with Panpour :panpour: and Timburr :timburr: and one with Gurdurr :gurdurr:. Robin :tranquill: has to assist a little against Gurdurr :gurdurr: but the battles allow Fluffball :audino: to reach Lv. 29. Robin :tranquill: continues battling the trainers and defeats two Workers, one with Vanillite :vanillite: and Timburr :timburr: and one with two Timburr :timburr: :timburr: and another Vanillite :vanillite:. She grows to Lv. 30 after the battles.

I reach the shipping container at the back of the Cold Storage where Team Plasma are waiting. Inside I battle three of the Grunts with Beethoven :herdier:. The first uses Watchog :watchog: and Scraggy :scraggy:, the second uses Trubbish :trubbish: and the third uses Liepard :liepard:. The battles allow him to reach Lv. 30. The last Team Plasma Grunt uses Sandile :sandile: and Watchog :watchog: and is taken out by Snowball :minccino:. After defeating them, Clay appears with some Workers and arrests the Team Plasma Grunts as well as one of the seven sages. Cheren and I leave the main building of the Cold Storage and prepare to take on the Gym. Before I do so however, I train up my team to Lv. 31 as this Gym is going to be challenging. Along the way, Fauna :deerling: learns Jump Kick and I teach Dig to Scout :watchog:.

Outside the Gym, Ghetsis is talking with Clay negotiating the release of his Grunts and Zinzolin. He is giving his whole "we are good people" spiel that I doubt anyone believes at this point. Despite this, Clay lets the grunts and Zinzolin go allowing me to head into the Gym. The puzzle in this Gym involves me traversing various elevating platforms in order to reach the Gym Leader. Along the way, I battle various trainers to grain some precious experience points. Beethoven :herdier: takes out three Workers. The first uses Palpitoad :palpitoad: and Drilbur :drilbur:, the second uses Sandile :sandile: and Drilbur :drilbur: and the third uses a Krokorok :krokorok:. The battles allow him to reach Lv. 32 and evolve into Stoutland :stoutland:. I absolutely adore Stoutland :stoutland: so I'm happy to finally have one on my team. Robin :tranquill: tackles the remaining trainers, two Clerks, the first uses two Sandile :sandile: :sandile: and Palpitoad :palpitoad: and the second uses Drilbur :drilbur:. With that out of the way I reach the basement where Clay awaits me. Eager to earn out 5th badge I immediately challenge him to a battle. Here comes the 5th Gym Leader of the game - Clay!

Vs. Clay
Clay sends out Krokorok :krokorok: (m) (Lv. 29)
I send out Robin (Lv. 31)
Robin uses Work Up
Krokorok uses Crunch (Robin HP: 53/83)
Robin uses Return
*Krokorok :krokorok: faints*
Robin :tranquill: grows to Lv. 32 and learns Air Slash
Clay sends out Excadrill :excadrill: (m) Lv. 31
Excadrill uses Rock Slide
*Robin :tranquill: faints*
I send out Fauna :deerling: (Lv. 31)
Excadrill uses Hone Claws
Fauna uses Leech Seed
Excadrill uses Rock Slide (Fauna HP: 28/86 – after Leech Seed)
Fauna uses Jump Kick (takes to red HP)
Clay uses a Hyper Potion (heals Excadrill :excadrill: to full)
Fauna uses Jump Kick (takes to yellow HP)
Clay uses a Hyper Potion (heals Excadrill :excadrill: to full)
Fauna uses Jump Kick (takes to yellow HP)
Excadrill uses Slash
*Fauna :deerling: faints*
I send out Snowball :minccino: (Lv. 31)
Excadrill uses Slash (Snowball HP: 32/78)
Snowball uses Wake-Up Slap
*Excadrill :excadrill: faints*
Clay sends out Palpitoad :palpitoad: (m) (Lv. 29)
Snowball uses Tail Slap – hits 3 times (takes to yellow HP)
Palpitoad uses Bulldoze (Snowball HP: 11/78)
Palpitoad uses Muddy Water
*Snowball :minccino: faints*
I send out Fluffball :audino: (Lv. 31)
Palpitoad uses Muddy Water (Fluffball HP: 85/106)
Fluffball uses Grass Knot
*Palpitoad :palpitoad: faints*
Victory!
Because Robin :tranquill: reached Lv. 32 in battle, she evolved into Unfezant :unfezantf: after the battle. Another evolution this episode, finally team is getting the power upgrade they deserve. Upon his defeat, Clay rewards me with the Quake Badge. However, he doesn't give me a TM yet and instead instructs me to meet him on Route 06. Before I do so, I head back to the Pokemon Centre to heal my team. I also reteach Thunder Wave to Scout :watchog: as she won't need Dig anymore.

• Defeated Team Plasma in the Cold Storage
  • Trained my Team before taking on the Gym
  • Defeated Clay and the Driftveil City Gym

Beethoven :stoutland: (m) Lv. 32 @Rocky Helmet
Normal
Intimidate
104 / 78 / 69 / 47 / 72 / 54
Quiet Nature

Scout :watchog: (f) Lv. 31 @Black Glasses
Normal
Illuminate
80 / 70 / 56 / 49 / 52 / 61
Bashful Nature

Fluffball :audino: (m) Lv. 31 @Amulet Coin
Normal
Regenerator
106 / 44 / 58 / 46 / 65 / 38
Mild Nature

Robin :unfezantf: (f) Lv. 32 @Scope Lens
Normal | Flying
Big Pecks
97 / 86 / 59 / 52 / 42 / 71
Lonely Nature
Return | Air Slash | Quick Attack | Work Up

Snowball :minccino: (f) Lv. 31 @Eviolite
Normal
Technician
78 / 41 / 36 / 35 / 29 / 62
Modest Nature
Swift | Wake-Up Slap | Tail Slap | Charm

Fauna :deerling: (f) Lv. 31 @Expert Belt
Normal | Grass
Chlorophyll
86 / 53 / 40 / 35 / 39 / 57
Naughty Nature
Return | Jump Kick | Feint Attack | Leech Seed

Filber :patrat: (m) Lv. 04 - Mild Nature
Prancer :deerling: (m) Lv. 23 - Quiet Nature
Cupid :deerling: (m) Lv. 22 - Rash Nature

AHHH!! I'm so happy that I had two evolutions in this part. My team was struggling a little bit more than I would like so I'm hoping this increase in power will help my team going forward. The fear of Fighting-types is becoming more relevant as trainers are going to start having more powerful Pokemon. Wish me luck and I hope you guys enjoyed this part.

Comment Question: What is your favourite Ground-type Pokemon and why? To be honest, Ground-type Pokemon aren't my favourites but I do really like Swinub :swinub: mainly because of Dawn's Swinub :swinub: in the anime. It was just the cutest thing out there.

Until next time guys.
See Ya!~

SkylarAlpha

Adept Trainer
Rainbow Rocket Grunt
Damn, that was a tough battle against Clay. It wasn't close of course, you still had a couple members left, but his team definitely hits hard. Congrats on the win though! ^^

As for my favourite Ground type, that's undoubtedly got to be Flygon ^^